Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Its.been a long time since I read that novel, but excellent catch! I forgot all a out that. It really was great to see Kahlee Sanders in ME3, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]
Indeed it has, ditto.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']In my experience the packs are feast or famine. First I hit a good streak and unlocked both Vorcha, the Cerb Adept and Quarian Male Infiltrator across 4 or 5 packs. I went through three Premium packs next and only got low upgrades on things like rare guns which I dont use. My last pack late last night was a goldmine. The M77 Paladin AND the Cereberus Harrier. Double Ultra-Rare, what does it mean? :)

Tested out one quick bronze with the Harrier on my Turian Soldier. Marksman, extended clip (which only got me to just under 120 rounds full capacity) and armor pierce. Just tore down the Reaper forces. Had to stand near an ammo box a lot, but my fav AR by far.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I unlocked more of the Striker and I think I have it up to 7 now, coupled with my Turian Soldier I can't believe the amount of firepower (granted it doesn't do a ton of damage but it'll continuously stun an enemy) you can deal out with that weapon in such a short time. Haha I usually use an assault rifle or sniper rifle so I'm usually zoomed in. Hehe, the time when I shot at an enemy with that gun without being scoped in and just unloading my clip my jaw :drool:

I don't think grabbing Premium Spectre Packs is that rewarding considering the unlocks I've gotten from them compared to just Spectre Packs. I've been grabbing Recruit Packs for the longest time until I got to the point of getting duplicate items and unlocks.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Vorcha Sentinel is a Fire Explosion machine.[/QUOTE]
Is one of my favorites to use, seriously flame comes in handy in a lot of situations, almost as much as freezing enemies does.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']
Back to the Reeger shotgun, it's only level 1, so it's blast is like a straight forward electric burst. I was playing with a random who was using it and it had arcs all over the place. It was pretty crazy. So, I'm assuming it was leveled up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have Reeger II now but none of that crazy ass spread out arc goodness we saw from that dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spybreak8']
I don't think grabbing Premium Spectre Packs is that rewarding considering the unlocks I've gotten from them compared to just Spectre Packs. I've been grabbing Recruit Packs for the longest time until I got to the point of getting duplicate items and unlocks.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that it's all down to luck of the draw. You've just been "luckier" with Spectre Packs. Statistically, Premium Spectre Packs are your best bet. Sometimes, you just have to keep at it and you'll get what you want.

On a side note, I finally X'd out all my Rares. Phew. Now on to the Ultra-Rares.

[quote name='dualedge2']The problem is that it's all down to luck of the draw. You've just been "luckier" with Spectre Packs. Statistically, Premium Spectre Packs are your best bet. Sometimes, you just have to keep at it and you'll get what you want.

On a side note, I finally X'd out all my Rares. Phew. Now on to the Ultra-Rares.[/QUOTE]

Maybe but when you factor in that a Spectre Pack is 60K and a Premium SP is 99K that's more than 50% more expensive than the SP. Infact the PSP is 1.65 times more than the SP so yeah you might be getting more random rares with PSP but in my eyes you can pick up 3 Spectre Packs for the price of 2 Premiums, while having a little bit of change left over.

I just buy psp's because it's the best chance to get u_rares...last psp had an uncommon, 2 rares, rockets, and the new equipment.

how long does the new equipment pack last for? Hours? a day? I've seen ppl using the grenade upgrade and tearing geth a new one w/their quarians doods.

[quote name='100xp']I just buy psp's because it's the best chance to get u_rares...last psp had an uncommon, 2 rares, rockets, and the new equipment.

how long does the new equipment pack last for? Hours? a day? I've seen ppl using the grenade upgrade and tearing geth a new one w/their quarians doods.[/QUOTE]

The new Gear is permanent and level-able up to 5. I can't wait to five out that Grenade pack with my Drell.

[quote name='IanKazimer']The new Gear is permanent and level-able up to 5. I can't wait to five out that Grenade pack with my Drell.[/QUOTE]

perma eq? so there's no reason not to equip it once you get one...amirite?

I think i got the shield equipment mod. dang, i suddenly want to play again. Let me know when you're going to t-bag phantoms so i can make a point to login.

[quote name='100xp']perma eq? so there's no reason not to equip it once you get one...amirite?

I think i got the shield equipment mod. dang, i suddenly want to play again. Let me know when you're going to t-bag phantoms so i can make a point to login.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Equip away. There are some really good ones out there.

We'll play this week, man. Lively's down for some game too.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Yup. Equip away. There are some really good ones out there.

We'll play this week, man. Lively's down for some game too.[/QUOTE]

bananas!

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Be careful what you wish for Edge. BioWare's version would result in an ultra rare with half the range of the Reegar, slightly more damage than our currently buffed Eagle, the Crusader's "for eagle eyes only" reticule and the Javelin's weight + capacity.

In other words... hot volcanic garbage.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that our troops don't have biotic or tech powers. Bioware needs to balance the weapos vs. powers. Not an easy job. IMO they're doing a decent job.

That said, I've been trying to get the Harrier for ever, and after probably 50 PSP still no luck. I've decided to screw it and use Mattock X with a rapid fire controller. I just ordered this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Controller-Programmable-Quickfire-PlayStation-3/dp/B00742CIN4/

Be careful with that controller. I vaguely recall BioWare considering mods to be a light bannable offense. Just don't quote me on it.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Be careful with that controller. I vaguely recall BioWare considering mods to be a light bannable offense. Just don't quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning. Does anybody have any info on this? Is there even a way for Bioware to detect a rapid fire controller? Someone could just have a fast trigger finger...

Also, I want to add that I'd never use it in a competitive MP (which I never play anyway).

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Thanks for the warning. Does anybody have any info on this? Is there even a way for Bioware to detect a rapid fire controller? Someone could just have a fast trigger finger...

Also, I want to add that I'd never use it in a competitive MP (which I never play anyway).[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who's been using one since ME3 came out, for the multiplayer, and he's not been banned. I believe he's around 2100+ N7 ranking now. He likes to use it with the Mattock. So.. I assume it's not a big offense.

[quote name='blueweltall']I got my victory pack but no commendation pack even though I met the goal.[/QUOTE]

Commendation packs are usually dispersed later

[quote name='Spybreak8']Maybe but when you factor in that a Spectre Pack is 60K and a Premium SP is 99K that's more than 50% more expensive than the SP. Infact the PSP is 1.65 times more than the SP so yeah you might be getting more random rares with PSP but in my eyes you can pick up 3 Spectre Packs for the price of 2 Premiums, while having a little bit of change left over.[/QUOTE]

Here's the math, plain and simple:

2 Spectre Packs = 120,000 crds.
1 PSP = 99,000 crds.

So, if you buy 3 Spectre Packs = 180,000 crds. for a total of 3 Rares (guaranteed). 2 PSPs = 198,000 crds for a total of 4 Rares (guaranteed), with 18,000 leftover. Oh yes, and the PSP has a higher chance for Ultras (not sure how much higher).

Again though, it's all down to luck of the draw.

Also, damn Crusader. Broke my Valiant streak. Get off my leg dammit!

[quote name='IanKazimer']Yup. Equip away. There are some really good ones out there.
Lively's down for some game too.[/QUOTE]

Haha I read that as
cw-gossipgirl-prt-BLively-a_006285-59941d-325x434.jpg

Gear being permanent, damn did I miss the memo!?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Haha I read that as
cw-gossipgirl-prt-BLively-a_006285-59941d-325x434.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Speaking of incredibly hot blondes, Yvonne Strahovski is going to appear on the next season of Dexter. Another good reason to look forward to it, the first reason being that season 6 was so impossibly dreadful, they have nowhere to go but up. Let's hope her character is Australian.

Great find on the tunes, eX. I love me some 8 bit.

From my packs I got a Hurricane (II now) and the Crusader. Also got my Vorcha soldier. That guy is a lot of fun and can tear down a Brute or Atlas with ease when I have the flamer + reeger shotgun equipped, followed by a carnage chaser should I need to reload.

Spy, you were right on that the Vorcha are Brute hunters!

Yeah I know right, flame on! lol The problem I have with the Vorcha I kill someone and he goes all rage stretch out body animation, meanwhile I'm getting pummeled with bullets so he gets out of cover and dies or goes to very low health (before I can kill something) ahh. That and I always want to melee everything and the melee in this game just isn't there. They'll be times when the AI just moves an inch and I will miss plus it seems it's almost pointless on higher difficulties because they melee you first. I hate that, as much as I do having to focus on hitting the Spec Ops Right D-pad because yeah it doesn't ever activate when I click it (and I have the silver upgraded controller too).

Yeah so I grabbed my Victory and Commendation Pack and got Crusader, Hurricane (everyone I talked to online didn't like it but I do as long as you anticipate the recoil it'll rip into enemies) and the Male Quarian! Also bought mostly SPs and 1 PSP and got the Geth Pulse Rifle (finally), upgraded Viper (meh), upgraded Eagle (cool), upgraded Widow (woo), and got more gear.

Did a Gold run, with full equipment (Gear I had increased sniper rifle dmg) lol, with a random group. We were all Quarians Infiltrators haha (2 male/2 female) and we happened to go against the Geth, went against Unknown anyway, and was able to finish that. Man though, Geth Hunters are not a problem usually but on Gold they f'n suck. They're just sitting there not attacking you and all of a sudden they go all ape shit while you're trying to fend off pyros and Primes.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I hate that, as much as I do having to focus on hitting the Spec Ops Right D-pad because yeah it doesn't ever activate when I click it (and I have the silver upgraded controller too). [/QUOTE]

I read that the problems with the D-pad go much deeper than requiring a stronger press (like with the Silver). Supposedly, the way the D-pad is shaped on the circuit board is the problem and a simple fix won't cut it.

those bastards thought they'd be cute and give me an Eagle. Great pistol but they've been giving me the Valiant every pack up to IV, I was hoping they'd continue w/that trend.

ex-cerberus vanguard, so much fun. Smash is insane, lash is insane...makes you wish throw, pull, carnage, nova, all that has faster protectile speeds and effects. Got the quarian infiltrator as well but he's lvl 1 due to the promoting challenge.

great additions. it'll be hard to top these in the next dlc pack...if anything, the enemy might need some new upgrades. Like shield & barrier generators.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Speaking of incredibly hot blondes, Yvonne Strahovski is going to appear on the next season of Dexter. Another good reason to look forward to it, the first reason being that season 6 was so impossibly dreadful, they have nowhere to go but up. Let's hope her character is Australian.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. It was a step up from S5 for me. But then, I would have been content staring at rocks for a season after that shit.

[quote name='100xp']great additions. it'll be hard to top these in the next dlc pack...if anything, the enemy might need some new upgrades. Like shield & barrier generators.[/QUOTE]

I still don't have a single damned Phoenix character. I want that Vanguard so bad.

Also, I think shield generators could be really sick. Especially if they had the tactical advantage that they do in campaign, what with overtaking them and using them yourself and all. Could even be a little "Press A to Hack" event that causes enemies to target it once you turn it; keep it balanced.

PS:

---------------June 12, 2012 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saber Assault Rifle - Damage increased from [389.0-486.2] to [427.9-534.8]

Talon Pistol - Encumbrance reduced from [1.25-0.7] to [1.1-0.6]

Scorpion Pistol - Encumbrance reduced from [1.5-0.9] to [1.1-0.6]

Reegar Carbine - Encumbrance increased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.75-1.25]

Krysae Sniper Rifle - Damage reduced from [531.2-664.0] to [476.0-595.0]

Hunter Mode Power - Base damage bonus decreased from 10% to 5% - Rank 3 damage bonus decreased from 5% to 2.5% - Base vision range decreased from 20 meters to 15 meters - Evolution 5 vision range bonus increased from 50% to 60%

Smash Power - Base cooldown decreased from 8 to 5 seconds - Base damage increased from 500 to 550 - Range increased from 6 to 8 meters

Shockwave Power - Base range increased from 10 to 16 meters

[quote name='IanKazimer']I dunno. It was a step up from S5 for me. But then, I would have been content staring at rocks for a season after that shit.[/QUOTE]
It was definitely a step down from the first four seasons, but I thought it was still pretty decent. Julia Stiles did a good job with her role I thought. Season 6 just had nothing redeeming about it at all.

great news on shockwave and smash, even the saber...i might actually dust that thing off and use it. the rest is reasonable, as it seemed that's all what ppl were using lately.

iank...the vanguard's hvy melee is him lashing, his quick melee is a stun tonfa/baton. easily my new favorite class, you dont even need biotic charge. smash is hilarious...is more rewarding than beauty punching. i played w/jelks last night for 1 game, he was all excited..then when i said i had to leave to get dinner and pick up my girl, he got all sad and quiet. haha. i think im the only xbl'er that doesn't disagree with everything his says.

I got my victory pack and commendation pack. The victory pack had an Eagle 1 and the commendation pack had an Eagle 2. I would have preferred two upgrades to my Geth Plasma Shotgun but a new N7 weapon is good too. :D

[quote name='100xp']great news on shockwave and smash, even the saber...i might actually dust that thing off and use it. the rest is reasonable, as it seemed that's all what ppl were using lately.

iank...the vanguard's hvy melee is him lashing, his quick melee is a stun tonfa/baton. easily my new favorite class, you dont even need biotic charge. smash is hilarious...is more rewarding than beauty punching. i played w/jelks last night for 1 game, he was all excited..then when i said i had to leave to get dinner and pick up my girl, he got all sad and quiet. haha. i think im the only xbl'er that doesn't disagree with everything his says.[/QUOTE]

Even better is that lite melee and heavy melee cancel out the animation for Smash, but you still get the effect. It's great if you're about to be surrounded, but awesome overall.

[quote name='dualedge2']Even better is that lite melee and heavy melee cancel out the animation for Smash, but you still get the effect. It's great if you're about to be surrounded, but awesome overall.[/QUOTE]

yeah, one thing i noticed is Biotic Charge and Smash/Lash seem to be on the s
same CD timer which is horrible...the human Vanguard w/BC + Nova is vastly superior in that aspect. However, the X-vanguard's hvy melee animation is just enough time if you have close to 200% recharge to fire off smash or lash after you BC, Hvy Melee, fun biotics.

the upgrade to fling unshielded opponents is pure enjoyment.

cool, thanks for the tip.

[quote name='dualedge2']I believe they also said Smash and some other move has a few frames of invulnerability. Might be worth looking into.[/QUOTE]

The Smash animation does not have any invincibility frames what so ever. You are completely exposed for the entire duration unless you're spamming it behind cover (it phases through walls and causes screen shaking earthquakes for your teammates just like Shockwave).

Got two Crusaders and another damned Vorcha Sentinel. His patterns are goofy, but I guess there's not a ton to work with. At any rate, the Eagle is the only promo N7 weapon I don't have a representative of yet, so that's neat.

BIOWAAAAAAAAAAAARE.

Work work work, annnnnd I found me3multiplayer.com where this was mentioned:
1. Use Carnage to reload cancel so that you can continuously rain armor-piercing ice-missiles and fiery blasts at your foe. If Carnage hasn’t cooled down and you’re looking to reload just tap B while in cover and you can easily reload cancel that way.
Anyone know what they're talking about?

I think after you use carnage you reload while behind cover. The animations will cancel the cool down for carnage.

[quote name='sendme']I think after you use carnage you reload while behind cover. The animations will cancel the cool down for carnage.[/QUOTE]

...did someone say, new reason to play BF3 skin?

[quote name='sendme']I think after you use carnage you reload while behind cover. The animations will cancel the cool down for carnage.[/QUOTE]

I wish. They are simply describing another way to cancel the basic reload animation to increase the possible dps of weapons like the Claymore, Widow, etc. It has nothing to do with mitigating or eliminating cooldown times.

Yeah, it's the same idea as sprinting to cancel a long reload time. Soon as you see the number on your clip fill up, you can do pretty much anything to cancel out of reload animation.

just to get it straight....commendation pack required you, to play as a rebellion character and extract in silver?

or

you extract in silver with other ppl playing as a rebellion class character? (which is what I did)

[quote name='IanKazimer']Yeah, it's the same idea as sprinting to cancel a long reload time. Soon as you see the number on your clip fill up, you can do pretty much anything to cancel out of reload animation.[/QUOTE]

...Including tapping on Medi-Gel and tagging on just about any power after breaking TC with an Infiltrator e.g. TacScanning after firing then reloading during the animation.

XP: Neither. Commendations required completing a delivery objective with any Rebellion character in your squad then extraction on Silver or Gold.

[quote name='100xp']just to get it straight....commendation pack required you, to play as a rebellion character and extract in silver?

or

you extract in silver with other ppl playing as a rebellion class character? (which is what I did)[/QUOTE]

I thought it was either or, but just to be safe I ran Vorcha for the silvers I played this weekend. Yours not popping up?

yeah, no commendation pack for me yet...got the victory pack w/the Eagle and x-vanguard in it. maybe today after work. I played 4 silver matches, 3 of which all had quarian males or vorcha. I've done at least 3 CTF missions w/them successfully as well.

[quote name='100xp']just to get it straight....commendation pack required you, to play as a rebellion character and extract in silver?

or

you extract in silver with other ppl playing as a rebellion class character? (which is what I did)[/QUOTE]

I had no rebellion characters, played, and received a pack so you should look into that.

Taken from the BSN:

Allied Goal: Complete 100K retrieval missions.

Personal Goal: Extraction on Silver difficulty with one squad member of the Rebellion Pack classes: Vorcha, Phoenix Project Defectors, or Quarian Male.

To be clear: The Rebellion Pack squad member does NOT have to be the one who extracts. They just have to participate in the mission and at least one squad member has to extract.

Operation Mastiff must be completed on Silver OR BETTER. So Gold completions do count.

I got both packs for the weekend event, and I didn't have a Rebellion Pack character until after opening them.

I've unlocked a ton of weapons recently. I've been working with the Krysae with a few rounds. I'm not great with the sniper rifle, so it's not great for me personally, but I can see why others enjoy blowing enemies up with it.

[quote name='jd641']I got my victory pack and commendation pack. The victory pack had an Eagle 1 and the commendation pack had an Eagle 2. I would have preferred two upgrades to my Geth Plasma Shotgun but a new N7 weapon is good too. :D[/QUOTE]

Pick up that stick on the ground and throw it. It does more damage than the Eagle ever will.

Ended up getting a Vorcha Solder. Out of all the new characters I have to say I like him the best. Seems to bring back some of the fun to the game. I have yet to unlock all of them but out of the ones I have I don't like them that much. The Vorcha Solder seems like it will keep me playing more.

bread's done
Back