Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt with Ellie for right now as
glass eyes are easy enough to come by anyway.

Some people are concerned with the way DS is evolving. Combat rolls, cover, enemies with guns, co-op, etc. I personally have no reason to doubt Visceral with the franchise though. I'm with Ink in that I thought DS2 was an utterly fantastic game. Even beat that shit on Hardcore. I'm trusting in these guys for now. I feel like they can do it.

I'll be down for some multi this week. I still need the Phoenix characters and I need to enjoy my Krysae X and Reegar X while I can.

fuck, I'm so glad you guys love Dead Space. I feel like I stumbled into the right game thread on this site.

I'm honestly afraid the Ellie explanation is going to go down like this:
Issac: "I'm just glad you aren't sore at me for the whole... eye... incident."
Ellie: "I would be... if you hadn't paid for corrective surgery."
Issac: "...'Corrective surgery?'"
Issac: "Tch... is that what they call a top of the line [insert ridiculous company name here] upgrade nowadays?"
Issac: "I'm surprised it isn't flying the god damn ship right now. I couldn't afford to eat for a month."
Ellie: "How do you it isn't? [suggestive wink]"

The last thing I want to see is Ellie shooting laser beams, hacking into ships, or projecting map layouts in 3-f*cking-D with it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well that's great in my book. The more people who get to experience Mass Effect in the long run, the better. Though... It was one thing for PS3 people to enter the series with ME2 and have the motion comic thing to help catch them up...[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking, I did smile when I saw ME3 available to Nintendo people now. Now just let me play a Mario game on a Xb... hahaha, sorry I couldn't finish that sentence without laughing.

the other funny trend ive noticed is a lot of 3rd party controllers make PS3 controllers identical to the xbox ones, only difference being it usually lights up blue and of course the buttons are XY^[].

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well that's great in my book. The more people who get to experience Mass Effect in the long run, the better. Though... It was one thing for PS3 people to enter the series with ME2 and have the motion comic thing to help catch them up... What's it going to be like for Nintendo partisans to come into a story that's already 2/3 told? Are they going to get a 45 minute comic that covers both prior games? :lol:

Also, Dead Space is the shit. I am so beyond hype for DS3.[/QUOTE]Separate "watch this first" disc that shows you what happened if you actually owned a 360 or a PC. ;) Takes two hours to watch it, of course.

I'd assume they'll have all of the ME1 decisions and ME2 decisions pre-picked like they have for ME2 without ME1 and ME3 without ME2 and ME1.

Yes, more fans of ME is a good thing, though on the Wii U? :whistle2:s I guess they'd already have EC slipstreamed into their release.

it's possible the Wii U may have some tablet app interface making it a much more interesting experience. While kinect doesn't alway smake a game better, the Wii motion controls did for a time make some games a lot more fun.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The last thing I want to see is Ellie shooting laser beams, hacking into ships, or projecting map layouts in 3-f*cking-D with it.[/QUOTE]
Well she's looking pretty dang good in the Dead Space 3 trailer, no matter how many eyes she's got.

Elliewitheye.jpg

Almost makes you feel like Isaac's a lucky guy, despite being the absolute unluckiest guy in the universe.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well she's looking pretty dang good in the Dead Space 3 trailer, no matter how many eyes she's got.

Elliewitheye.jpg

Almost makes you feel like Isaac's a lucky guy, despite being the absolute unluckiest guy in the universe.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... what is it about developers and unnecessarily tweaking face models? Issac doesn't look anything like he did in DS2 (IMO) and Ellie looks at least five to ten years younger. Sort of a RE5 Sheva meets GoW 3 Sam. Hot but eh... no reason to fix what wasn't broken in the first place.

As for Issac you're right. He does have Jack Bauer's luck when it comes to women. If Ellie's bad ass doesn't die in the crash or at some point during/after DS3 then she'll probably find an excuse to leave him. Well... assuming they are even attracted to one another and he's over
Nicole's death.

LOL @ what Ian said about the thread as I can totally agree. I feel more at home chatting off topic here than in any of the other more appropriate threads in general. If there were an OTT here I'd probably live in it.

[quote name='100xp']it's possible the Wii U may have some tablet app interface making it a much more interesting experience. While kinect doesn't alway smake a game better, the Wii motion controls did for a time make some games a lot more fun.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah they could easily do a Codec aka Data Pad, similar to Halo Waypoint.

Spy - I'm hoping the Wii U also incorporates 3DS functionality as well...while it wasn't much more than novelty, i grinned a little when I used my wiimote to transfer miis from my wii to my 3DS.

a shame they dont have this fo android, i want it for my kindle.

any word on the next challenge? leaks? theories? my theory is they might troll us and say, N7 needs more salarian engineers. promote 1 (for self) and the community to promote 300,000.

If it has anything to do with promoting I'm not doing it. Dead serious.

What I wish would happen is them forcing everyone to use standard Alliance firearms e.g. Katana, Shuriken, Avenger, etc. to "train" new recruits or whatever ridiculous explanation they have to come up with to get it done.

On Gold.

With Level 1 characters.

At least one Vanguard is mandatory too. No Krogans or Asari.

Now that would be the proper way to troll everyone.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']If it has anything to do with promoting I'm not doing it. Dead serious.

What I wish would happen is them forcing everyone to use standard Alliance firearms e.g. Katana, Shuriken, Avenger, etc. to "train" new recruits or whatever ridiculous explanation they have to come up with to get it done.

On Gold.

With Level 1 characters.

At least one Vanguard is mandatory too. No Krogans or Asari.

Now that would be the proper way to troll everyone.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter, using standard Alliance arms would just be redundant when most kills are caused by biotic explosion and tech burst. They ought to say that we're testing out a new rocket delivery system. So it encourages ppl to use their cobra missiles. (=C.O.B.R.A.=) (sorry I couldn't resist) and not horde them so.

You want Vanguards to be mandatory? haha...with how many really fail vanguards out there, I'd rather not have that. I prefer the human vanguard to all the other currently, and still waiting to get the cerberus one.

Edit Re Vanguards: Oh wait, I got your point.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Drell Vanguards only. Mandatory Claymore I and Widow I. No fitness.[/QUOTE]

Switch the Widow with a Javelin excluding everyone that doesn't own one and you've got yourself a deal. -70% cooldown on a Human Infiltrator by itself. Thank God weight doesn't matter as far as cloak is concerned.

Everyone needs to kill sh*t with the Predator pistol on Gold. Biotic explosions, tech bursts, flame explosions, and cryo explosions are not allowed :D

[quote name='IanKazimer']Drell Vanguards only. Mandatory Claymore I and Widow I. No fitness.

b5hTy.png

Pfffbwbahahahahahahahaha.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's priceless. :applause: Yeah Adam Sessler said on Gametrailers, well I guess SpikeTV, that was a flaccid end.

Oh yeah xp you would think they'd talk more about the integration of the Wii U and the 3DS since Microsoft brought up Smartglass and Sony talked about the PS3/Vita communication. Think about it, like have a neat Mass Effect game on 3DS and talks back to Mass Effect U (seriously Nintendo I hate you naming system) without having to be connected to Origins.

I Weep For The Future - MP Balance Changes:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 5, 2012

Eagle Heavy Pistol
- Damage increased from [67.0-83.8] to [74.9-93.7]
- Clip size increased from 18 to 24
- Spare ammo increased from [180-225] to [192-240]

Harrier Assault Rifle
- Encumbrance increased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.75-1.25]

The fact they deemed it necessary to throw more weight onto one of the few ARs that doesn't suck speaks volumes of the atrocities they plan to commit on the Reegar and Krysae in the coming weeks. Enjoy them while they last folks. I'd best get back to playing soon. I've got to score that AR before they slap a capacity or damage nerf on it next.

Oh, and they'd have to buff the Eagle on par with the Hurricane before I'd come close to using it again.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I Weep For The Future - MP Balance Changes:
June 5, 2012

Eagle Heavy Pistol

Harrier Assault Rifle

The fact they deemed it necessary to throw more weight onto one of the few ARs that doesn't suck speaks volumes of the atrocities they plan to commit on the Reegar and Krysae in the coming weeks. Enjoy them while they last folks. I'd best get back to playing soon. I've got to score that AR before they slap a capacity or damage nerf on it next.

Oh, and they'd have to buff the Eagle on par with the Hurricane before I'd come close to using it again.[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously surprised that the Harrier got hit before either of it's brethren.

I'm glad. It shows me they will at least consider looking at some hard data before pulling the rope on the guillotine while a select few cheer them on demanding "balance".

Oh, that's wonderful. Let's nerf bat the Harrier, the one decent AR in the game. Even if their lives depended on it, I doubt BioWare would really know how to make a decent/good AR. Just...speechless.

[quote name='dualedge2']It's REALLY funny you should mention the MP DLC. Because you're forgetting one fact: IT'S MP DLC. There are a LOT of people out there who don't play the MP and couldn't care less for the "free" DLC. I, for one, still care about the Extended Cut, but I enjoy the MP and it is tiding me over. Don't believe for one moment that EVERYONE cares about the free MP DLC. That's just plain wrong.

In any case, I'm glad there was no announcement at E3. It just means more work is going into the EC or DLC. Taking time away from developing, just to show off a trailer for upcoming stuff doesn't really make too much sense (And yes, it takes time for them to create something E3 appropriate, like a trailer or a demo for someone to play on stage).[/QUOTE]

I really shouldn't prolong this debate, but I feel compelled. All I'll say is this: Bioware could charge for their undeniably awesome multiplayer mode content beyond the retail release like crap of duty or battlefield or gears, but they don't. Yes, it's primarily because of a business model (give dlc, they buy packs) but its also because they know single player was the core of the Mass Effect experience and they value their fan base.

if they charged me for the MP DLC i'd probably buy it for 400 ms or even 600 if it guarenteed that I get everything unlocked at I and all the DLC characters (up to us to unlock further appearance options). They could bundle the packs and easily charge 800 ms pts, you're getting access to a bunch of new maps too and they're all pretty unique.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I Weep For The Future - MP Balance Changes:
June 5, 2012

Eagle Heavy Pistol

Harrier Assault Rifle

Oh, and they'd have to buff the Eagle on par with the Hurricane before I'd come close to using it again.[/QUOTE]

Lol, nice I unlocked the new shotgun, the Reegar Carbine but yeah it's obvious I'm the only one who uses the Eagle lol.

Wow I ripped people up with my Vorcha, I also love his heavy melee lunge. :D

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/06/06/operation-mastiff/

Operation MASTIFF (June 8th-10th)
We are dropping the new reinforcements onto occupied worlds to supplement resistance movements. Retrieving data of how the Reapers conquered those worlds is of paramount importance.

Allied Goal: Complete 100K retrieval missions.
Personal Goal: Extraction on Silver difficulty with one squad member of the Rebellion Pack classes: Vorcha, Phoenix Project Defectors, or Quarian Male.
Special Circumstance: None.

Completion of the personal goal awards that player a Commendation Pack.
Completion of the Allied goal awards all players a Victory Pack that has a guaranteed N7 weapon.

Operation Mastiff begins at 6pm PST Friday June 8th and ends at 4am PST Monday June 11th.
Packs will be distributed Tuesday evening if the mission is successful.

$

cool...silver extraction will be a breeze. in fact, retrieval is any difficulty. I see a lot of ppl doing this on bronze and silver. I'll defintely be on for those days. See you then.

[quote name='Arikado']Meer's busy again:[/QUOTE]

I've seen the news of other voice actors coming in for more work, presumably on the EC, and it didn't get me all riled up. But for some reason, hearing that Meer is in the studio makes me very excited. I hope that EC comes sooner rather than later. Also, what's the chance that we'll get actual, playable sp content relatively soon? As much as I am glad an EC is coming, I'm starring to get bitter that it threw off their dlc plans and maybe we'd already have content by now.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I've seen the news of other voice actors coming in for more work, presumably on the EC, and it didn't get me all riled up. But for some reason, hearing that Meer is in the studio makes me very excited. I hope that EC comes sooner rather than later. Also, what's the chance that we'll get actual, playable sp content relatively soon? As much as I am glad an EC is coming, I'm starring to get bitter that it threw off their dlc plans and maybe we'd already have content by now.[/QUOTE]

They said that they pushed back their production schedules to work on the EC, so I imagine we'll hear more sometime after that ships.

Also, Mastiff sounds nice and easy. I guess I'll have to sneak a Silver in there this weekend. It's kinda been a while.

[quote name='IanKazimer']

Also, Mastiff sounds nice and easy. I guess I'll have to sneak a Silver in there this weekend. It's kinda been a while.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I may just try to do it solo with my vorcha soldier just so it'll be an actual challenge.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I've seen the news of other voice actors coming in for more work, presumably on the EC, and it didn't get me all riled up. But for some reason, hearing that Meer is in the studio makes me very excited. I hope that EC comes sooner rather than later. Also, what's the chance that we'll get actual, playable sp content relatively soon? As much as I am glad an EC is coming, I'm starring to get bitter that it threw off their dlc plans and maybe we'd already have content by now.[/QUOTE]

They can take as long as they want for the Extended Cut, as long as it turns out to be a quality piece of content and makes the ending worthy of the Mass Effect series (a tall order in my opinion, given what we've got now). Honestly, how good the EC is will determine if I buy any single player DLC in the future, because as the endings stand now, I don't really see the point to taking back Omega or whatever else they might come out with.

[quote name='dualedge2']So, retrieval... that's the new objective, right? If it is, easy enough.[/QUOTE]

you pick up a package (huge backpack) from one area and drop it on in another...twice. mission completed. Much harder than it sounds on certain maps in gold but for the most part it's relatively straight fwd. The pack can be dropped and picked up, just make sure you dont have a troll taking it further away from the drop site while the clock ticks away.

[quote name='Arikado']They can take as long as they want for the Extended Cut, as long as it turns out to be a quality piece of content and makes the ending worthy of the Mass Effect series (a tall order in my opinion, given what we've got now). Honestly, how good the EC is will determine if I buy any single player DLC in the future, because as the endings stand now, I don't really see the point to taking back Omega or whatever else they might come out with.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts. Everything leading up to the ending MEANT something; it had weight. The ending obliterated all that. So, what would the point be of single-player DLC? Whatever happens, it has to happen prior to the ending. Which effectively makes whatever they come out with meaningless.

And thanks 100xp, just wanted to know if it was the new objective. Yeah, it's a bit harder on certain maps in Gold, but still easy enough. I mainly hate when they toss the package on one side of the map (with the drop-off being on the other side) and then proceed to toss 10 of the worst enemies for whatever faction, in your way. Fun times.

[quote name='dualedge2']Exactly my thoughts. Everything leading up to the ending MEANT something; it had weight. The ending obliterated all that. So, what would the point be of single-player DLC? Whatever happens, it has to happen prior to the ending. Which effectively makes whatever they come out with meaningless.[/QUOTE]

Aria and many fans will disagree...

I will have to agree with dualedge. However that will not stop me from playing it but in the end I know how it all ends and nothing will change that.

im saying that, the point of SP DLC being meaningless...not the EC, I want closure but i think with all the discussion and hype over the EC I'm frankly exhausted. I just want more ME3, SP or MP...I care not at this point.

[quote name='100xp']im saying that, the point of SP DLC being meaningless...not the EC, I want closure but i think with all the discussion and hype over the EC I'm frankly exhausted. I just want more ME3, SP or MP...I care not at this point.[/QUOTE]

I never meant to say that DLC would be meaningless. I'm just saying the ending makes whatever action you take in whatever single player DLC they come out with, meaningless. The ending has a way of doing that. Do I not care for single player DLC, outside of the EC? Hell no. I want single player DLC as much as anyone else does.

But, we all know that any (and all) work on single player DLC has been put on hold until the EC releases. We can all want DLC, but they won't be releasing any until things are explained properly.

Arrival:

Let's take the ME2 Arrival DLC for example. Yes, you slammed that rock into a relay and screwed over 305,000 Batarians, just to buy the galaxy 6 (?) more months. Did it matter in the end? I doubt it. No one did jack shit during that time and frankly, it felt like a waste of DLC. It was interesting and the narrative was cool, but story-wise it was pointless. It sure didn't seem like anyone was any better prepared for the Reaper attack because of your actions. You whined to Alliance Command, to the Council. Still, your actions and urgings were brushed off. Even worse, after the VERY excellent Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival was such a pitiful way to end ME2's DLC and a letdown.

You want single player DLC? I do too. But I'd rather they finish what they have to finish first, rather than split their time and half-ass both. Neither of us wants that.

Well again this relates to the fact that Bioware decided to have all the content available to people even if they didn't participate or if they chose different choices. I'm not agreeing with that statement, it's just what they stated in the past.

Still you do get upgrades after Arrival and I quite liked being by myself without a squad, was a nice piece of variety and change in gameplay/tactics.

Oh, yeah. Gameplay-wise, it was pretty good. Stealth in an action game, which I hate profusely, was handled well and it was fun tearing through squads of the bastards alone.

Revenant most of them and then when the heavy mech came out, shattered his head and watched the fireworks.

That was actually the part of Arrival that I hated-- integrating my squadmates into combat strategy is a big part of what makes Mass Effect fun for me; with only Shepard the game felt so one-dimensional.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That was actually the part of Arrival that I hated-- integrating my squadmates into combat strategy is a big part of what makes Mass Effect fun for me; with only Shepard the game felt so one-dimensional.[/QUOTE]

I agree. While I enjoyed Arrival, something just didn't feel right when playing it and I attribute that to flying solo.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That was actually the part of Arrival that I hated-- integrating my squadmates into combat strategy is a big part of what makes Mass Effect fun for me; with only Shepard the game felt so one-dimensional.[/QUOTE]I was irritated with that until making it to the end combat sequence, which I think was a payoff for the earlier pains.

[quote name='dualedge2']I never meant to say that DLC would be meaningless. I'm just saying the ending makes whatever action you take in whatever single player DLC they come out with, meaningless. The ending has a way of doing that. Do I not care for single player DLC, outside of the EC? Hell no. I want single player DLC as much as anyone else does.

But, we all know that any (and all) work on single player DLC has been put on hold until the EC releases. We can all want DLC, but they won't be releasing any until things are explained properly.

Arrival:

Let's take the ME2 Arrival DLC for example. Yes, you slammed that rock into a relay and screwed over 305,000 Batarians, just to buy the galaxy 6 (?) more months. Did it matter in the end? I doubt it. No one did jack shit during that time and frankly, it felt like a waste of DLC. It was interesting and the narrative was cool, but story-wise it was pointless. It sure didn't seem like anyone was any better prepared for the Reaper attack because of your actions. You whined to Alliance Command, to the Council. Still, your actions and urgings were brushed off. Even worse, after the VERY excellent Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival was such a pitiful way to end ME2's DLC and a letdown.

You want single player DLC? I do too. But I'd rather they finish what they have to finish first, rather than split their time and half-ass both. Neither of us wants that.[/QUOTE]

Story-wise I think it plays a bigger role than people think. When Sherpard come into contact with the reaper artifact he was indoctrinated like that female agent that you were suppose to rescue.

There's no proof to back that up. Also, it's really generalizing the DLC; not everyone played it and it's a fallacy to think so.

Indoctrination Theory is just that, a theory. It's not fact, it's speculation. Do try to stop making it more than it really is.

bread's done
Back