Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Anexanhume']Met Kylearan (cool dude). Got pictures with Brandon Keener (Garrus) and Jennifer Hale (femshep). Got signatures from them plus Casey, Mac, voices of Liara, Jack, Tali and Ash and the face of Samara. All super nice! Great night.

ygFZ0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice, dude. Good meeting you, too! Glad we both managed to get in before they locked everyone out and that you caught Garrus leaving early. Totally crazy, us waiting for 3 hours like that!

Totally paid off, though. Had a very cool conversation about voiceover with Ali Hillis (Liara) that could've gone on for hours, got to see Jennifer again and also met the voiceover director, Caroline Livingstone, who was incredibly nice to meet. I'll follow up with her later today.

All we needed was something to keep us warm outside...I should've gone on a coffee run.

Is the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack going to eventually get an iTunes release? If so, is there a date for it? Couldn't find information about that anywhere. Thanks.

For those looking for a CE:

Walmart and Target BOTH have limited stock in store. Our local Walmart had 2 of each CE...local Target had 4 or each CE. Both are smaller stores, so YMMV.

[quote name='sendme']Is it the armor pictured in the insert from Battlefield 3? I hope I don't have to have ME3 on the PC in order to get it. I have my Battlefield 3 on the PC but I'm getting ME3 on the 360.[/QUOTE]

It is the same pic from the insert. Pretty slick skin. I wasn't into the soldier class, but used it and I'm getting used to it now. If you link your BF3 on PC to your bioware account, then I believe you can get the skin on the 360. Can't confirm, though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If your Shepard was originally from ME 1 you have to totally re-do the face.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone else who's playing the game today confirm this? I had read about it on BSN but I was hoping it was either trumped up or something that would be fixed with a day 1 patch. If it's true, that's extremely disappointing.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can anyone else who's playing the game today confirm this? I had read about it on BSN but I was hoping it was either trumped up or something that would be fixed with a day 1 patch. If it's true, that's extremely disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed.

If you're importing a save that followed you from ME1, through ME2, and into ME3..you'll be asked to "re-do" his facial features.

I was, at least, on my 360.

I took the opportunity to do a little plastic surgery....

[quote name='pilferk']Confirmed.

If you're importing a save that followed you from ME1, through ME2, and into ME3..you'll be asked to "re-do" his facial features.[/QUOTE]
Well... Not to sound dramatic but that really does feel like a slap in the face to people who wanted to carry their character through all three games. It's unfathomable to me that they couldn't have addressed this somehow, or thought that the game was fine to release without something that's so key to the overall experience of the series.

Moreover, I really hate character creation screens because I can never get my guy to look quite right, but in ME1 I somehow actually succeeded in making a character who looked like me and that I was happy with. Now I have to start all over. :p

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well... Not to sound dramatic but that really does feel like a slap in the face to people who wanted to carry their character through all three games. It's unfathomable to me that they couldn't have addressed this somehow, or thought that the game was fine to release without something that's so key to the overall experience of the series.

Moreover, I really hate character creation screens because I can never get my guy to look quite right, but in ME1 I somehow actually succeeded in making a character who looked like me and that I was happy with. Now I have to start all over. :p[/QUOTE]

I agree, across the board.

That being said: I was able to replicate my "ME1/ME2" face without TOO much variation, and without too much time spent messing with the options.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did anybody else's preorder code from Origin not include the raider shotgun? I got the Argus rifle code in my email but no shotgun code. What the hell?[/QUOTE]

Same problem. I'm hoping Origin corrects this before I get home from work today.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't have any DLC codes from Best Buy or Gamestop yet. I won't be able to play until tonight anyway though.[/QUOTE]

I did in store pickup with BB (THEY PULLED IT!!!) for a separate 360 CE copy. No codes on the receipt. Hoping they email them....we'll see.

If I don't see the codes shortly after the "thanks for picking up your order" email....I'll contact them.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Same problem. I'm hoping Origin corrects this before I get home from work today.[/QUOTE]

I checked my code on XBL and the redemption screen stated only the rifle. I was hoping it would have both the rifle and shotgun but it didn't to my dismay. I suppose its possible it unlocks both anyway but that doesnt appear to be the case.

Theres no customer service number i can find on the site. How annoying.

Gamestop preorder bonus should have printed on the bottom of your receipt. Also beware you can't register your game on Bioware's site until 1. online pass is downloaded and 2. you go into the MP mode.

There are 4 codes inside the CE game case. A double sided sheet that has 2 day XBL Gold code on one side and Normandy Avatar prop on the other, and then the main code sheet. Top code is the CE version of the online pass (has the extra weapons, etc. included) and the bottom code is From Ashes. Other side is just talking about the stuff from playing Amalur demo.

Sorry going to work now so I won't be back on until tonight.

[quote name='pilferk']I did in store pickup with BB (THEY PULLED IT!!!) for a separate 360 CE copy. No codes on the receipt. Hoping they email them....we'll see.

If I don't see the codes shortly after the "thanks for picking up your order" email....I'll contact them.[/QUOTE]

Its a .com order so it should be coming in over email later.

[quote name='Donut2922']Its a .com order so it should be coming in over email later.[/QUOTE]

That's what they said at the store.

The item, when I ordered it, said it would be on the receipt IF it was an in store pickup.

I figure I'll give it some time to work itself out, and if I don't hear anything by tonight, I'll drop them an email or call the Best Buy CS line.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't have any DLC codes from Best Buy or Gamestop yet. I won't be able to play until tonight anyway though.[/QUOTE]

it's possible they learned from the Gears 3 DLC early email codes to have the customer pick up and pay for their copy first. I'm sure there are many mechanic Baird's out there who didn't actually keep their BB copy of Gear 3.

Hopefully my CE copy isn't banged up or given to someone else.

Picked my copy up at GS at midnight, put 4 hours into the SP.

Biggest annoyance is the cant use ME1 face, but I managed to get a pretty close replica by using the cycle presets without any real trouble. Otherwise I'm enjoying the game so far.

Early impressions on the CE content? I cant enter mine until Friday because internet in my building is down (posting from work right now)

I love this game. Right now just playing multi. To be honest I get paid to much I have a stack of unplayed games or games I played for a hour but yet bought this right after work. Plus I don't have my ME1 or 2 save oh well. Also new etid today pick that up also please

This game is incredible so far. Granted, I only put in an hour last night and two this morning, but I'm really impressed. Looking forward to hop on with some CAGs this weekend for multiplayer.

Just a reminder about the DLC codes.

The code you get from GS gives you the Valkyrie Rifle and Defender Armor, plus the Argus rifle, even though it's one code.

They appear to be in-game unlocks because it's 108K for the download.

CE in hand! :)

Had a very unorganized experience at Best Buy-- I was sent to two different places in the store and talked to three different employees, each one looking at me like I had two heads when I told them what the previous one had said. It'll make me think twice about preordering from them again. But all's well that ends well.

Got my N7 Warfare Pack code from Gamestop too, so I'm good to go. In case anyone was wondering, Gamestop sends you one code that contains the exclusive N7 Warfare items as well as the Argus rifle.

[quote name='Swift900']Alienware is currently giving out free codes, which unlock an in-game sniper rifle for Mass Effect 3 that shoots electric bullets.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway

All you need to do is sign up for an account, receive code, and enter that code under your account on the BioWare Social Network.

There are approx. 6900 available as of now... hurry to get yours![/QUOTE]
Took me two tries... The first time it didn't actually display the code but pressing the Get Key button again made it show an error message that my code had already been given.

Also, according to my unlocks page on social.bioware.com, it really does unlock the rifle only for PC, despite pretty much all of the other unlock codes for BioWare games bundling PC and Xbox 360 content together. :(

[quote name='Swift900']Alienware is currently giving out free codes, which unlock an in-game sniper rifle for Mass Effect 3 that shoots electric bullets.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway

All you need to do is sign up for an account, receive code, and enter that code under your account on the BioWare Social Network.

There are approx. 6900 available as of now... hurry to get yours![/QUOTE]

**Please note this M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle key will only work on the PC version of the game.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']For those who care, ME Infiltrator on iOS is pretty slick. Amazing graphics ans darn good control.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was considering it!

[quote name='Kylearan']Nice, dude. Good meeting you, too! Glad we both managed to get in before they locked everyone out and that you caught Garrus leaving early. Totally crazy, us waiting for 3 hours like that!

Totally paid off, though. Had a very cool conversation about voiceover with Ali Hillis (Liara) that could've gone on for hours, got to see Jennifer again and also met the voiceover director, Caroline Livingstone, who was incredibly nice to meet. I'll follow up with her later today.

All we needed was something to keep us warm outside...I should've gone on a coffee run.[/QUOTE]

Hah, was Ali the one going "here you go baby" to every single guy, or was that the voice of Tali?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='phillyphill39']Did anyone get theirs from amazon and have their steelbook extremely scratched?[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooo...don't say this...lol...

As what should come to no surprise to anyone, ME3 is getting pretty much 9's and 10's across the board. The one funny thing I have read so far is Giant Bomb referring to the series' combat as "clumsy." Guess they still have the first game in their console...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Noooooooooooo...don't say this...lol...

As what should come to no surprise to anyone, ME3 is getting pretty much 9's and 10's across the board. The one funny thing I have read so far is Giant Bomb referring to the series' combat as "clumsy." Guess they still have the first game in their console...[/QUOTE]

I found that odd too. The combat is even tighter than ME2 in my opinion, which was pretty good.

I'm surprised more reviews aren't mentioning the face import situation. I guess it's really true that 80% of people play as default male Soldier Shepard or whatever.

Default Shepard just looked right, at least for me. I tried changing it up but it always came out looking rather odd. I'm anxiously waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon. I need me some Mass Effect!!

[quote name='Luxuria']Default Shepard just looked right, at least for me. I tried changing it up but it always came out looking rather odd. I'm anxiously waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon. I need me some Mass Effect!![/QUOTE]

Same here. My 2nd playthrough of ME, I tried messing with the editor, but eh...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Noooooooooooo...don't say this...lol...

As what should come to no surprise to anyone, ME3 is getting pretty much 9's and 10's across the board. The one funny thing I have read so far is Giant Bomb referring to the series' combat as "clumsy." Guess they still have the first game in their console...[/QUOTE]

yeah it just seems like its been slid around a desk with sand on it a few times or something not dents or anything.

well I'm all ready to go..Amazon CE got here this morning (crazy that its not shrink-wrapped) and picked up the guide from BB for $12.xx (its $15 right now, plus RZ Gamer Unlocked takes off more %'s)

the biggest question I have and many thanks for whoever can answer, I literally have the last 2 missions in ME2 to finish up..how long will this take me? is it pretty quick when you get the ball rolling, or am I looking at a few solid hours? so conflicted b/c I want to jump into ME3, but so close to finishing ME2 so I can import my save..

[quote name='token2k6']the biggest question I have and many thanks for whoever can answer, I literally have the last 2 missions in ME2 to finish up..how long will this take me? is it pretty quick when you get the ball rolling, or am I looking at a few solid hours? so conflicted b/c I want to jump into ME3, but so close to finishing ME2 so I can import my save..[/QUOTE]
If you're that close, take one night and finish ME2 first.

Checked my account on Amazon to see if the CE strategy guide shipped yet and noticed that my CE game order disappeared!

Right then the "email received" icon popped up (Bing), so I checked it and it was from Amazon saying that my game has shipped from Arizonia and it will be here on Friday.
Went back to Amazon and there was the new order.

Wonder what happend to the game they shipped from Wisconsin?

thereforereapers.jpg

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm surprised more reviews aren't mentioning the face import situation. I guess it's really true that 80% of people play as default male Soldier Shepard or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I use it because I feel it's fairly close to my real face, at least better than I could do with the editor.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Hah, was Ali the one going "here you go baby" to every single guy, or was that the voice of Tali?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that was Tali ... but then I'd unintentionally neglected the other ladies that side of the table (oops, sorry ladies!) while I was talking to Ali, so maybe it was Ali?

(Translation: I was distracted - no idea.)

[quote name='token2k6']the biggest question I have and many thanks for whoever can answer, I literally have the last 2 missions in ME2 to finish up..how long will this take me? is it pretty quick when you get the ball rolling, or am I looking at a few solid hours? so conflicted b/c I want to jump into ME3, but so close to finishing ME2 so I can import my save..[/QUOTE]

Dude, you gotta close out the ME2 story and carry those consequences over. I'm finishing up the DLC now, because I kept getting distracted with other games. No way I'm breaking the game seal until those missions are done.

Anxiously awaiting my CE to arrive from Amazon today.

Does anyone know if the Barnes & Noble DLC code grants anything else besides the Collector Rifle (MP only). I got the impression reading various sites that there was other stuff, but I can't find any concrete information. I'm contemplating selling the code on ebay since it's going for a lot.

I love to know exactly what the f*ck the patch I was required to download fixed since the face import issues haven't been addressed yet. Probably won't be for quite some time for so I guess I'm running through this game once and playing something else until they decide to fix it. Thankfully RE:ORC is out in a couple of weeks.

[quote name='token2k6']well I'm all ready to go..Amazon CE got here this morning (crazy that its not shrink-wrapped) and picked up the guide from BB for $12.xx (its $15 right now, plus RZ Gamer Unlocked takes off more %'s)

the biggest question I have and many thanks for whoever can answer, I literally have the last 2 missions in ME2 to finish up..how long will this take me? is it pretty quick when you get the ball rolling, or am I looking at a few solid hours? so conflicted b/c I want to jump into ME3, but so close to finishing ME2 so I can import my save..[/QUOTE]

Funny, I thought the same thing about the lack of shrink wrap. Going to be especially problematic in some retail environments. Just that one sticker holding everything in.

I'd finish ME2..but you're probably looking at a couple of solid hours, at least (assuming the missions are one character mission AND the final assault).

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but i.was finishing up a run in ME2 last night, and on main menu the news feed screen said the news line from earth was disrupted. Didn't a few days ago as far as I know. Nice touch, Bioware.

bread's done
Back