Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

I've been eyeing the onza TE controller for a while. Fortunately, I'm not in love with the controller design. If they had a reaper artfully embracing/covering the controller, it may have tipped me.

yeah, the running is all kinds of weird. It's just "off" somehow that I can't really describe.

I hope Ashley decides I'm still worth a shag even though I strayed with the chick from Chuck a little while ago. She's neighborhood approved now...

...yeah, a bit insane. that's what i've been seeing randoms do all last night but with just a shotgun. I didn't think you even needed to have that quick a CD, he just timed it so he got the killing blow each time.

I suppose i'll invest in resilience for the soldier and try my best to make him neigh invulnerable while stim'd.

[quote name='matrix9280']How hard is the "multiplayer" to play by yourself? That's the only way I'm interested in it.[/QUOTE]

...brutal. very unforgiving at lower levels. Ryu and I survived about 20 seconds at lvl 1 on one map and 3 waves on another only because we found a good camp point.

Once you get up there in levels w/equipment and upgrades. Depending on your class, I'd imagine it's not as bad if you're playing Bronze level challenges. But you may fail the timed challenges because it's hard to do some of those solo.

This is crazy

The hype for one of the year's hottest video games, Mass Effect 3 (out March 6, on PS3, Xbox 360 and PCs, ages 17-up) is reaching new stratospheric heights.
In case you don't know, a playable demo has already hit Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.
But next week, a select intrepid few will have the opportunity to play the full game before it hits stores. Publisher Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into space using weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.

Each game has a GPS tracking device onboard and fans can track their return to the Earth on masseffect.com to find a copy and play it a week or more before the game hits stores. (Might not be a bad idea to follow @MassEffect, either.)
In other Mass Effect news, a new trailer for the game will be shown during AMC's TV series The Walking Dead Sunday at 9 p.m./ 8 p.m. CT.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...t-3-becomes-true-space-oddity-/1#.Tz1ZmbQs2So

[quote name='100xp']...brutal. very unforgiving at lower levels. Ryu and I survived about 20 seconds at lvl 1 on one map and 3 waves on another only because we found a good camp point.

Once you get up there in levels w/equipment and upgrades. Depending on your class, I'd imagine it's not as bad if you're playing Bronze level challenges. But you may fail the timed challenges because it's hard to do some of those solo.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate. Thank you for your response.

[quote name='matrix9280']That's unfortunate. Thank you for your response.[/QUOTE]

the game mode is called "multiplayer" afterall. I understand the attraction to playing solo gametypes like this, ala Horde, Beast, FF, but the whole theme of ME seems to be getting your friends to help each other out in times of need. Again, you could play this solo...you'd just have a high failure rate due to the timed challenges. Once you fail a mission it ends and you go back to the lobby screen. If you accomplish an objective/challenge you get credits to buy equipment and potential unlocks.

I'd say play online w/ppl, get high lvl w/a vanguard and solo what you can. They seem to be the single most self sufficent class right now. AoE, exit strategy/entrance strategy, and just the ability to traverse the map and terrain like it's not even there is too powerful.

as for the drell earlier w/just a phalanx. I thought of playing an adept w/no wpn at all. Their recharge rate would be through the roof...who needs bullets when you have squadmates and a recharge rate of 200%+ (figuratively speaking)

[quote name='nateeasy29']This is crazy

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...t-3-becomes-true-space-oddity-/1#.Tz1ZmbQs2So[/QUOTE]
That is just bizarre. I can imagine all sorts of bad scenarios! It lands on a dangerous cliff face or something and fans are injured trying to get it. It lands on private property and fans trespass. Multiple groups of people are waiting in the area where it's due to come down, and they brawl with each other.

What will most likely happen is they all land in the ocean anyway. :lol: Just seems like asking for trouble though.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Yeah, a bunch of people are going to gather in the middle of nowhere at an unpoliced location and fight over a copy of the game. Not the best idea.[/QUOTE]Great publicity, though. :lol:

Releasing weather balloons isn't exactly "shooting."

The ultimate troll would be to find out where they are launching, show up with a pellet gun, shoot it down as soon as it is released and run away like a mad man with the prize.

[quote name='100xp']it takes some getting used to but after a bit of playing it seemed fine, if you compare it to gears it's a bit sloppy or unrefined. it's also possible the demo might not be as tight as the final version...one can hope at least.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I've been playing quite a bit of gears lately, I guess that may be it, but I could have sworn the controls were tighter in ME2 :/

And at the begining of the level it felt weird jumping down a ledge. Like I fell down into a small trench, and they way I got back out of the trench felt weird... I really don't know how to describe it but something felt REALLY off to me

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Yeah I've been playing quite a bit of gears lately, I guess that may be it, but I could have sworn the controls were tighter in ME2 :/

And at the begining of the level it felt weird jumping down a ledge. Like I fell down into a small trench, and they way I got back out of the trench felt weird... I really don't know how to describe it but something felt REALLY off to me[/QUOTE]

it felt strange because we're ME2 seemed to only have very flat surfaces to move around in, I don't ever recall dropping down from heights or jumping over gaps. I thought I was watching a beta of Mirror's Edge since I made Fem_Shep asian...but I agree, it seemed strangely off.

After playing for 3 hours in MP though, the MP aspect of it felt like I had been playing nothing but ME3 MP demo. Also Fem_Shep's arms seems a bit too thin and short for her lower body. Like she was more alien than human, but dat ass...

looking fwd to throwing grenades at the cerberus later tonight.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Well that was pretty fun. Thanks to all the guys who came out tonight, and sorry that we didn't have enough open spots for everyone! We'll definitely be more coordinated next time.[/QUOTE]

Pretty fun? You wound me X. That's why I started the insurrection of the Casual CAG's. lol. Recall how that conversation started? Stay alive, leave the rest for you. Worked well until you started soloing the Atlas Mechs. ;)

I was killing it with a sniper rifle at first, but Ryu's frag grenades (or was it 100xp?) started dropping everyone before I could line up shots. I may try dropping to just the Assault Rifle for the boost in cooldown times and buff the shit out of my Adrenaline Rush. My ultimate goal is to get a Krogan in either class though. I want to charge through some mo-fos. That's more my play style, I liked Brick in Borderlands.

I had fun with it, and I keep telling myself it's just a limited beta. Once more staged are unlocked and I get into it, it should be a fun game. Nowhere near as tight or polished as Halo or Gears, but way better than the tacked on MP modes of some other games.

Hoping to play again with some people soon. Sorry we filled up the room ChubbyNinja. Also, I'll add Shrike tonight. It's my regular game night with some buddies so I'll have to skip tonight sadly. Looking forward to having a continued CAG campaign.

Yeah, I'm bummed I missed getting into the game with the CAG gang last night, but I stuck around for a while. Ended up getting in a few rounds of MP anyway. I should be on again the next couple of nights, but I do want to get in another go 'round of the SP too.

Did you guys see the ME3 branded Razer products? I might get that controller.

http://www.razerzone.com/me3/onza

Sounds like we should have enough to have 2 teams of 4 between all the people in this thread that want to play. Although I don't have any complaints about the randoms I encountered last night except the occasional stupid one that keeps getting incapped.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I was killing it with a sniper rifle at first, but Ryu's frag grenades (or was it 100xp?) started dropping everyone before I could line up shots. I may try dropping to just the Assault Rifle for the boost in cooldown times and buff the shit out of my Adrenaline Rush. My ultimate goal is to get a Krogan in either class though. I want to charge through some mo-fos. That's more my play style, I liked Brick in Borderlands.

I had fun with it, and I keep telling myself it's just a limited beta. Once more staged are unlocked and I get into it, it should be a fun game. Nowhere near as tight or polished as Halo or Gears, but way better than the tacked on MP modes of some other games.

Hoping to play again with some people soon. Sorry we filled up the room ChubbyNinja. Also, I'll add Shrike tonight. It's my regular game night with some buddies so I'll have to skip tonight sadly. Looking forward to having a continued CAG campaign.[/QUOTE]
That was 100, I was playing as Engineer. I unlocked krogan Soldier in my starter pack, but I have little interest in playing as that. :) Too bad we can't trade cards or something.

I agree that the multiplayer isn't as polished or substantial as Gears or Halo, and I wonder about its longevity, after you've unlocked everything and played all the levels. In terms of pure visceral fun though, it scores. They've definitely got a solid base to start from.

I'll be playing tonight so hopefully we can get a CAG lobby going again!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That was 100, I was playing as Engineer. I unlocked krogan Soldier in my starter pack, but I have little interest in playing as that. :) Too bad we can't trade cards or something.

I agree that the multiplayer isn't as polished or substantial as Gears or Halo, and I wonder about its longevity, after you've unlocked everything and played all the levels. In terms of pure visceral fun though, it scores. They've definitely got a solid base to start from.

I'll be playing tonight so hopefully we can get a CAG lobby going again![/QUOTE]I would also think that if you have a solid group of people to play with regularly, that should keep the MP gameplay going for a while. I'm sure they'll also add on DLC that will extend the MP gameplay.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Pretty fun? You wound me X. That's why I started the insurrection of the Casual CAG's. lol. Recall how that conversation started? Stay alive, leave the rest for you. Worked well until you started soloing the Atlas Mechs. ;)[/QUOTE]:lol:

You act like you didn't expect me to have like 65% of the total score at the end of each game. I got a reputation to protect here :cool:

But, for real, I'm disappointed in myself for dying a couple of times against those Atlus (Atluses? Atli?). I've gotten a ton of upgrades since then, though, so I should be able to mop the floor with them as expected.

"Stay alive (or at least go down near me) and leave the rest for me" is definitely my motto for MP.

[quote name='Arikado']According to the Mass Effect Facebook and Twitter, the multiplayer portion of the demo is now live for everyone (a day early).[/QUOTE]

I'm having a LOT of fun with the MP, but I can't shake the feeling of being burned by buying Battlefield 3. I mean, the only reason I bought it was for the ME3 tie-in and early demo access. I still hope we get a "fire within" MP character skin, but that seems like a long shot at this point.

Man, multiplayer is a fucking blast. After initially being skeptical, I am happy to eat crow. I can see myself clocking some serious time into the mode... after I clock in a billion hours in single player.

This game is going to own my soul.

[quote name='Magus8472']Well, it took about 8 veteran packs but I finally unlocked a new character. At least it's an interesting one (Asari Adept).[/QUOTE]

Asaris are a must have character if you are doing a Gold run. Bubble stasis is just magic against Phantoms especially when you get swarmed by 4-5 of them.

That being said, after surviving Gold, Silver feels like cakewalk.

I'm having lots of fun with the MP and hopefully there are more variations of playable characters released in the future (I want to make my own Legion dammit)

[quote name='Arikado']Man, multiplayer is a fucking blast. After initially being skeptical, I am happy to eat crow. I can see myself clocking some serious time into the mode... after I clock in a billion hours in single player.

This game is going to own my soul.[/QUOTE]

Man, I feel the same way. I'm glad I didn't plan on buying that many games this year, because they will not be getting any play time!

If anyone needs an extra person for silver/gold waves feel free to add me, I'll be on most of this weekend!

My gt is the same as my CAG name, gotdott, just let me know you are from CAG please.

I have a level 20 infiltrator, level 14 engineer and vanguard, and I'm working on a Asari Adept for Gold so I can be almost whatever you want me to be ;)

Drell vanguard. cha ching...unfortunately I have virtually no shotgun upgrades and I'm way too low lvl to be playing silver with a bunch of 15+...but man, they rock for the exterminate challenges.

I also go another AR, that doesn't have semi or full. Highly accurate but not that great if you need to unload a whole clip into something that just popped out of a corner and you're down to 1 health bar. Has potential though. Clip is short too and it's hvy as hell.

All these posts are making me feel like I'm falling behind and I only skipped a day. :( I'm a sad panda.

OK, I got to get in a few rounds tonight. Need some credits for veteran packs. Also, if anyone wants on the Facebook app for recruiting, let me know. I've got 5 recruits and it looks like I had to replay the single player demo in order for it to count. Probably because the EA servers weren't up yet when it came out.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']All these posts are making me feel like I'm falling behind and I only skipped a day. :( I'm a sad panda.

OK, I got to get in a few rounds tonight. Need some credits for veteran packs. Also, if anyone wants on the Facebook app for recruiting, let me know. I've got 5 recruits and it looks like I had to replay the single player demo in order for it to count. Probably because the EA servers weren't up yet when it came out.[/QUOTE]

you're not falling behind.

afaik your progress in the demo doesn't carry over to the release, outside of getting a few packs for buying the game and having friends who linked their accounts buy the game...but if your progress does carry over, I need to play more and please point out what if anything does from the demo.

[quote name='100xp']afaik your progress in the demo doesn't carry over to the release, outside of getting a few packs for buying the game and having friends who linked their accounts buy the game...[/QUOTE]
Can you explain that more?

I have this pre-ordered for the Playstation 3, but have not even touched my copy of Mass Effect 2 for it.

Will I be missing out by not having it for the Xbox? I really don't have friends on the PS3.

Yeah, those extra Recruit Packs for doing the Facebook recruitment thing don't seem like that big a deal after actually playing the game. You can make enough credits for 5 Recruit Packs in one or two games.

ETA for Ebbtide:

The mutiplayer DLC you can get so far is:

* Collector Rifle for buying the artbook from BN.com or the Razer tie-in products
* Free Recruit Packs for recruiting friends on the Facebook app and having them complete the single player portion of the demo (up to 5)

All of that is for the retail game. No stats or unlocks carry over from the demo to retail.

@Ebb - I reread the EA/ME3 FAQ. Nothing you do in the demo carries over to your actual ME3 game. It's a demo and basically just showcases a taste of what's to come. knowing that I won't be playing the demo til it hurts anymore.

like ryuu said recruit packs are easy to get, veteran packs cost a bit more but just playing silver level difficulty will net you at least one of those if you do enough. the FB thing is just a way to get more press and gives ppl incentive to sign up at origins and what not...cause they'll have all your infos. mwahahahaha.

I was hoping the collector's edition would include something for the MP aspect of the game.

[quote name='shrike4242']If the DLC for getting the art book is the Collector rifle and some un-named power-up, looks like if you have that you don't need to buy any of the Razer products since it looks like the same DLC.[/QUOTE]
Technically the Collector Rifle DLC can be applied five times because subsequent codes will upgrade the weapon up to +4. So you could buy five different products, or five copies of the artbook or whatever if you really wanted to have the fully upgraded Collector Rifle. Assuming that the rifle and its upgrades aren't unlockable in the main game.

But by their logic, ME3 has $infinity amount of DLC because there is no limit to how many Recruit Packs you can earn.

You also had to buy 120 bottles of Mountain Dew if you wanted all of Modern Warfare 3's DLC, since IIRC you could apply up to 120 hours of double XP codes to a single gamertag. Logic!

Heh. I'm glad I don't feel compelled to have all DLC for this one since I don't care about multiplayer DLC. I'm content with just having the collector's edition DLC (I think). I got everything for ME2 and DA2 and it was a lot of work/expenditure.

If EA was smart they'd also sell MP DLC unlock packs. "Drell Vanguard" - 600 ms points, "Geth Infiltrator" - 3600 ms points.

they'd make a killing.

the DLC that comes w/the action figures just sounds like multiple recruit or veteran packs since it's "random" DLC.

bread's done
Back