Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Not sure how many of you may have seen this, but yesterday a pretty cool article titled Why Mass Effect is the Most Important Science Fiction Universe of Our Generation was posted on PopBioethics site (and then reposted on various other gaming-related sites) that talks about how ballin' this wonderful series is.

Though the article isn't perfect by any means, I still think it's a cool read -- especially for those of us who are a little past the "meh, this game's pretty fun" stage.

Pretty much stopped buying Vet packs after dropping 100k all at once and received nothing but dupe items.
Spent the last 5k and unlocked the Revenant LMG.

Later on I managed to get the Mattock, Phalanx, and Viper from the Recruit paks.

For those who are into the Codex/Universe type stuff, the latest ANN is up:

ANN-1024x576.png

September 7, 2186

Migrant Fleet refuses Council inspectors

by Diana Allers

CITADEL — Diplomatic relations between the quarians and Citadel Council have chilled after the Migrant Fleet refused to consider visitation by Council weapons inspectors.

The move comes several months after the Migrant Fleet allegedly acquired dual-use ship materials, which could be used to create dreadnought-scale weaponry.

The allegations leveled by unnamed Spectres center around a battle over the Terminus world of Korlus. In a violent dispute, the Migrant Fleet fought Blue Suns mercenaries and when the fighting was done, took its fill of starship parts on or orbiting the planet.

Quarian representatives have so far been unapologetic.

“We have no embassy on the Citadel, and are no longer signatories to the Treaty of Farixen,” Admiral Han’Gerrel vas Neema said. “Our armaments are none of the Council’s business. Further, these worries are unfounded. We have never had, nor do we plan to have, hostile intent to Council species.”

Public reaction in Council space is vehement.

“The Migrant Fleet has always lived on the edge of criminality,” popular blogger Feyro Derlan said. “But adding an axial gun to a liveship that’s who-knows-how-many kilometers long? That’s not a cause for worry, that’s terror worth soiling your pants over.”

Diana Allers is a war correspondent who appears regularly on ANN’s “Battlespace.”

Linkee link: http://blog.bioware.com/

[quote name='Anexanhume']Ink, I have a revenant now too :p also got a drell vanguard. Cluster grenade is fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that in the last game we played earlier tonight you lucky bastard. How is it? >;P

Thankfully what helped keep my sodium levels from raising was scoring an Asari Adept, Mattock and a Carnfex pistol in back to back Vet packs. I'm convinced fully modded heavy pistols are the only way to go for ability centric playstyles now.

Well... that and the fact that Asari Adept, Krogan Soldier (one guy was damn near one hit meleeing everything in sight... even Atlas Mechs) and Human Male/Female Vanguards are top tier. Infiltrator (DAT CLOAK N MINE) and Quarian Engineer (DAT CLASS COMBO)are certainly high mid tier. I have no clue where to place the remaining classes since I've yet to spend time with them nor has an exceptional player crossed my path.

I want to score Turian Soldier and Salarian Engineer before I move onto other games so I can check out their new powers. Decoy has me intrigued.

Had some good games yesterday with Chubbyninja & SpyBreak8. After our matches, I finally unlocked another race and it was a Krogan soldier and all I did was headbutt and Krogan charge stuff for a couple of matches. It was so cool to be able kill most enemies with one to three hits.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Yeah I noticed that in the last game we played earlier tonight you lucky bastard. How is it? >;P

Thankfully what helped keep my sodium levels from raising was scoring an Asari Adept, Mattock and a Carnfex pistol in back to back Vet packs. I'm convinced fully modded heavy pistols are the only way to go for ability centric playstyles now.

Well... that and the fact that Asari Adept, Krogan Soldier (one guy was damn near one hit meleeing everything in sight... even Atlas Mechs) and Human Male/Female Vanguards are top tier. Infiltrator (DAT CLOAK N MINE) and Quarian Engineer (DAT CLASS COMBO)are certainly high mid tier. I have no clue where to place the remaining classes since I've yet to spend time with them nor has an exceptional player crossed my path.

I want to score Turian Soldier and Salarian Engineer before I move onto other games so I can check out their new powers. Decoy has me intrigued.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't impressed by the revenant. Damage is just too low even with huge clips. My opinion may change with the right mods. The mattock 3 is very effective against guardians so I'm happy with it.

I unlocked a salarian infiltrator and krogan soldier yesterday, so I'm finally happy with my unlocks.

After playing with a variety of people, engineers and krogans impress me the most followed by asari adepts. Even with a high level human adept male, I feel underpowered. That's at least after playing with gotdott and his buddies (with whom I beat gold last night by dropping and rejoining the match when we got overwhelmed :D )

[quote name='js1']Had some good games yesterday with Chubbyninja & SpyBreak8. After our matches, I finally unlocked another race and it was a Krogan soldier and all I did was headbutt and Krogan charge stuff for a couple of matches. It was so cool to be able kill most enemies with one to three hits.[/QUOTE]

I also got a Krogan Soldier two packs after the Drell Vanguard. He's awesome! Feels like a tank. Carnage is awesome, too. Feels like a Soldier, that is actually useful.

Ok, so most of you who know me know I am a HUGE Mass Effect fan, so figured it only wise to gather up my CAG brothers and sister to form up a regular Mass Effect MP group (which some of you have been doing already, just didn't see the need for a seperate thread to take away from this awesome one) for reliable teaming without the hassle of noobs, quitters, and asshats on XBL. So, if interested in getting a few people together for some good ME fun and saving the galaxy, please post here with the following.
  • XBL Name
  • Times Most Available
  • Character Race/Class(es) Preferred
  • Character Level
  • Playstyle
  • Difficulty Preferred
  • How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick

I’ll start with mine, and we can move on from there!

XBL Name – Insomnia Saint
Times Most Available – After 8PM CST until Midnight on work days, on and off all day and the previous times on off days.
Character Race/Class(es) Preferred – Drell Vanguard (for the pull ability against Guardians) and Krogan Sentinel (Melee Mayhem)
Character Level - TBA after launch
Playstyle – I prefer mid range fighting and support against trash (Shockwave and Nova blasting stuff away while objectives are completed with my Human) and rush attacks on big single targets (Biotic Charging/Shotty to the face Phantoms) with the Vanguard. The Sentinel im all about in your grill "I AM KROGAN!!" shotgun/melee fighting.
Difficulty Preferred – BRONZE until I get my levels up to be competent, then im all about the challenge of SILVER and GOLD.
How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick – 200 Metric Tons

Haven't had a lot of time to play in MP Demo other than level 6 Soldier and Level 7 Human Vanguard and a few others, but the above are what I will focus on at release.

P.S. I LOVE the scoped Mattock and wanna get a modded Phalanx ans so far am having massive nerdgasms playing this.​

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']OH. MY. GOD.

Multiplayer is fucking fantastic. Way better than I could have imagined.

Wouldn't mind trying to get a group of people to play in a few rounds tonight, if possible. I've already got a handful of friends I play with, but I think a little CAG meet-and-greet would be kind of cool (like I said in an earlier post, it's pretty much the reason we sent each other friend requests...right?) I know MSUHitman gave it a shot, but I didn't have the room for him and his friend (sorry again about that). If some of the long-time regulars here are down, I'll be on from at least 8pm - 2am CST. I'll try and remember to hit you guys up with invites if I see you on the demo. Post here in the thread what time you'll be around, and let's make it happen!

For information's sake: I have a level 9 Human Vanguard and a level 9 Quarian Engineer. I definitely prefer to play Vanguard, but I'm willing to change into a different class in the interest of keeping the squad diverse.[/QUOTE]

so yeah, finally got through all the posts so mine above is rather redundant but use the info as my

COUNT ME IN!

And i'll second your post. And will be on tonight.

XBL Name – ChubbyNinja1319
Times Most Available – After 9:30 PM most nights, usually can play for a couple hours, much more on the weekends.
Character Race/Class(es) Preferred – I'm working on a level 14 human vanguard and just got an asari sentinel that I'm leveling up. I usually play vanguard or soldier, but I'm mixing it up.
Playstyle – I prefer to work in teams, watching out for each other, but I tend to charge in from time to time, often getting my ass handed to me by a phantom. So, having a strong infiltrator (like my boy Simosaurus) watching my back is a huge help. I also find myself being the one to do the hacking and what not, while my squad works on the adversaries.
Difficulty Preferred – BRONZE until I get my levels up to be competent, then im all about the challenge of SILVER and GOLD. I've tried a few silver challenges, but didn't get to the extraction point. That'll come with time and leveling up. I'm definitely game to try it, though!
How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick – I'll probably kick an ass or two, that's what ChubbyNinja'll do!

If you send a friend request, if your XBL name is different than your CAG name, please end a PM to let me know you're from the CAG crew!

Can't wait for 3/6!

I played with Anexanhume yesterday (by the way, when you first joined you died no less than 5 times right off the bat..for some reason I couldnt stop laughing) and I have to say....I just dont get it.

The mode isnt bad I guess but I have never and will never be a fan of horde mode type games. I like how they tried to add objectives in it but I found it to be boring after a couple games with the only real reason to play is unlocking random goodness.

Meh for me.

and on a side note...

They better have a Volus Biotic whose last stage powers can upgrade to BIOTIC GOD.

-250% Storm Speed
+200% Power and Ability Damage

I can already smell its greatness...

Finally unlocked the Widow for my Infiltrator last night, and while it hits like a truck, it takes forever and a day for it to reload, plus it's reaaaally heavy. I think I prefer the Viper because it packs a pretty good punch while cloaked and it's light. I've been rocking the Viper and the Avenger assault rifle to give me a solid weapon at all ranges.

Speaking of Infiltrators, I wish I could unlock the fucking Salarian Infiltrator already. This game hates giving me class unlocks. I finally got my first alien character last night, a Turian Sentinel, which I really don't care too much for. Comes with Overload and Warp though, so maybe I'll try him out at some point.

[quote name='Arikado']Finally unlocked the Widow for my Infiltrator last night, and while it hits like a truck, it takes forever and a day for it to reload, plus it's reaaaally heavy. I think I prefer the Viper because it packs a pretty good punch while cloaked and it's light. I've been rocking the Viper and the Avenger assault rifle to give me a solid weapon at all ranges.

Speaking of Infiltrators, I wish I could unlock the fucking Salarian Infiltrator already. This game hates giving me class unlocks. I finally got my first alien character last night, a Turian Sentinel, which I really don't care too much for. Comes with Overload and Warp though, so maybe I'll try him out at some point.[/QUOTE]

me too, 2 vet packs and 3 small packs and i haven't gotten a single unlock of characters, only the mattock, 3 SMG upgrades, and a 3x missle pack of note.... i'll get a few hours in tonight and see what i can get.. been havingthe damndest time getting into games where people stay past round three so i can get the damn money.

[quote name='Freemason']
Ok, so most of you who know me know I am a HUGE Mass Effect fan, so figured it only wise to gather up my CAG brothers and sister to form up a regular Mass Effect MP group (which some of you have been doing already, just didn't see the need for a seperate thread to take away from this awesome one) for reliable teaming without the hassle of noobs, quitters, and asshats on XBL. So, if interested in getting a few people together for some good ME fun and saving the galaxy, please post here with the following.
  • XBL Name
  • Times Most Available
  • Character Race/Class(es) Preferred
  • Character Level
  • Playstyle
  • Difficulty Preferred
  • How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick

I’ll start with mine, and we can move on from there!

XBL Name – Insomnia Saint
Times Most Available – After 8PM CST until Midnight on work days, on and off all day and the previous times on off days.
Character Race/Class(es) Preferred – Drell Vanguard (for the pull ability against Guardians) and Krogan Sentinel (Melee Mayhem)
Playstyle – I prefer mid range fighting and support against trash (Shockwave and Nova blasting stuff away while objectives are completed with my Human) and rush attacks on big single targets (Biotic Charging/Shotty to the face Phantoms) with the Vanguard. The Sentinel im all about in your grill "I AM KROGAN!!" shotgun/melee fighting.
Difficulty Preferred – BRONZE until I get my levels up to be competent, then im all about the challenge of SILVER and GOLD.
How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick – 200 Metric Tons

Haven't had a lot of time to play in MP Demo other than level 6 Soldier and Level 7 Human Vanguard and a few others, but the above are what I will focus on at release.

P.S. I LOVE the scoped Mattock and wanna get a modded Phalanx ans so far am having massive nerdgasms playing this.​
[/QUOTE]

[*]XBL Name - gotdott

[*]Times Most Available - usually after 8 EST

[*]Character Race/Class(es) Preferred - Infiltrator/Engineer or Asari Adept

[*]Playstyle - KILL ALL OF THE PHANTOMS

[*]Difficulty Preferred - gold

[*]How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick - my krogan's name is tinkles, what do you think?

[quote name='Anexanhume']THIS. Oh god those damn phantoms.[/QUOTE]

hahah that one wave last night where we killed 15 and they were still coming..

and then when they made us do a data extraction on the launch pad and all the phantoms started jumping onto the platform 5 seconds in....

[quote name='gotdott']hahah that one wave last night where we killed 15 and they were still coming..

and then when they made us do a data extraction on the launch pad and all the phantoms started jumping onto the platform 5 seconds in....[/QUOTE]

have not tried on GOLD, but i am speccing into the AoE Biotic Charge so it is awesome when they flip up on the launch pad just in time to get body checked right back off the side... 15 of em though... i can't wait to get a dude capable of handling it.

[quote name='Freemason']have not tried on GOLD, but i am speccing into the AoE Biotic Charge so it is awesome when they flip up on the launch pad just in time to get body checked right back off the side... 15 of em though... i can't wait to get a dude capable of handling it.[/QUOTE]

Well unless the "promote" option that is unavailable for the demo is something that will buff further, I honestly don't think any level 20 class is capable of getting overcoming being swarmed by multiple phantoms haha.

But definitely try out the Asari if you get her! Bubble stasis is your best friend.

Does anyone know if weapon/ship/armor upgrades carry over to ME3? For example, I have two ME2 DLC's left to play, and I hardly got any upgrades in my main playthrough, so is there a point to me probing all of those planeta and getting those upgrades now?

[quote name='matto1233']Does anyone know if weapon/ship/armor upgrades carry over to ME3? For example, I have two ME2 DLC's left to play, and I hardly got any upgrades in my main playthrough, so is there a point to me probing all of those planeta and getting those upgrades now?[/QUOTE]

Have you beat the game before? Because if you don't get the necessary upgrades,
people die
and I think that carries over :p

[quote name='gotdott']Have you beat the game before? Because if you don't get the necessary upgrades,
people die
and I think that carries over :p[/QUOTE]

yeah. personal upgrades just make the game easier to handle in combat and stuff, but if you do not have all of the ship upgrades.. the suicide mission will not go so well and that will carry over to ME3

[quote name='gotdott']Have you beat the game before? Because if you don't get the necessary upgrades,
people die
and I think that carries over :p[/QUOTE]

yeah. personal upgrades just make the game easier to handle in combat and stuff, but if you do not have all of the ship upgrades.. the suicide mission will not go so well and that will carry over to ME3
Yeah, I found that out the hard way lol.
I only lost Thane due to not having ship upgrades, though. Other than that, Miranda died because I chose Jacks side in the one argument they had, and Mordin and Zaeed died because I chose them to do the "wrong" thing, so to speak.
Regardless, it's good to know I don't have to do all the probing. Ugh.

Just do like I did and play through it fully 4 times with different choices and characters then you can have all angles covered to go through 4 more times when ME3 hits :)

[quote name='Freemason']Just do like I did and play through it fully 4 times with different choices and characters then you can have all angles covered to go through 4 more times when ME3 hits :)[/QUOTE]

I like it how I have done it. I've based every decision plainly off instinct. No internet help about which choice is better. Once I finish ME3 like that, I'll probably replay all three over and over again with different choices.

I did too, i played each character as What Would Shepard Do? I think it was only my OCD Completionist in me that made me get all the upgrades and and scan all those planets. my first game was 67 hours Paragon Vanguard with 100% of all planets scanned and all missions done. i was like 4,000 creds short of getting the last upgrade to buy but had no missions to get more cash and it was then i decided to .. play Mass Effect 1 lol.

each character i made with the different origin story and tried to play them in that tone, i think its amazing when i could go through a fifth time, and i'd still see differenct stuff.

[quote name='matto1233']Yeah, I found that out the hard way lol.
I only lost Thane due to not having ship upgrades, though. Other than that, Miranda died because I chose Jacks side in the one argument they had, and Mordin and Zaeed died because I chose them to do the "wrong" thing, so to speak.
Regardless, it's good to know I don't have to do all the probing. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Did they ever fix that issue with
Jack and Miranda? Miranda is the only one that died on me because of that. I don't even think I had a choice as to what side

[quote name='sendme']Did they ever fix that issue with
Jack and Miranda? Miranda is the only one that died on me because of that. I don't even think I had a choice as to what side
.[/QUOTE]

it was not an issue to fix really, you just have to
have 75% or higher in Paragon or Renegade and those conversation options lead to you putting your foot down and both respect the decision maintaining their loyalty. You can also avoid Miranda's death if you choose Jacks side, but have all other loyalty, and all upgrades done, and do not send her as the mission leader and send Garrus both times it asks, and do not send her as the biotic to make the bubble. I have done both scenarios on different playthroughs and they both lived each time.

[quote name='sendme']Did they ever fix that issue with
.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as mentioned above, you have to be strong paragon or renegade. It was an easy decision for me, I didn't really care for Miranda.

Is the ME3 demo worth playing if I don't want to be spoiled and I'm buying ME3 on Day 1? Wombat mentioned something like this on the last cagcast so I haven't DL'd it yet...

[quote name='Freemason']it was not an issue to fix really, you just have to
have 75% or higher in Paragon or Renegade and those conversation options lead to you putting your foot down and both respect the decision maintaining their loyalty. You can also avoid Miranda's death if you choose Jacks side, but have all other loyalty, and all upgrades done, and do not send her as the mission leader and send Garrus both times it asks, and do not send her as the biotic to make the bubble. I have done both scenarios on different playthroughs and they both lived each time.
[/QUOTE]When it comes to those decisions:
* Always important to upgrade all three ship items or someone dies on the way to the Collector base.
* Miranda will usually survive even if she's not loyal when leading one of the fireteams. It's preferrable to have her loyal, yes. Garrus or Jacob would work as well, though Miranda is your go-to preference.
* For team member going in the vents, Tali, Legion or Kasumi will work. Any one else usually gets killed, barring some random chance.
* When sending someone to escort the crew back to the ship, take Mordin every single time. He's pretty much useless in any other use of him in the final mission.
* For the barrier, you always want to use either Jack or Samara/Morinth, since they're extremely powerful biotics. Anyone else, someone dies.
* For the other fire team to hold the line, Grunt and Zaeed are must-uses, since they can bring up the chances other team members survive OK. Garrus, Grunt and Zaeed are a good second fireteam choice.

Here's an image that gives a number of the options:
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/killjoi/all-images/52-155860/gi206_flowchart_poster/51-1672151/

[quote name='Javery']Is the ME3 demo worth playing if I don't want to be spoiled and I'm buying ME3 on Day 1? Wombat mentioned something like this on the last cagcast so I haven't DL'd it yet...[/QUOTE]It gives you the first 15 minutes of the game and then somepoint later in the game where you're about level 12, so it's probably 40-50% into the game.

Intro sequence, I wouldn't worry that much about it. The second section has some spoiler-ific items, though it's the same stuff that we've seen previously shown when demoing the game at E3.

If you really don't want to be spoiled, then pass on the SP gameplay. MP gameplay, can't say if it's spoilerific or not.

[quote name='Javery']Is the ME3 demo worth playing if I don't want to be spoiled and I'm buying ME3 on Day 1? Wombat mentioned something like this on the last cagcast so I haven't DL'd it yet...[/QUOTE]

Just give the MP a go then, there's no story attached really

[quote name='Freemason']
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the team! I've hated seeing the constant droppers in random lobbies. I'm trying out all the classes eventually and when they see you have a low level whatever? Drop. Or the people who don't communicate but leave their headset going so you can hear their shrill pre-pubescent voice yelling at Mom/Sibling/whatever.

ChubbyNinja, no worries about the unexpected drop. Family stuff comes up, we understood. Your buddy stuck it out for a few matches and hopefully gained some good levels. I played for a long time Friday night and nothing in my Veteran packs but some weapon upgrades and the Widow sniper rifle. Then last night, after the Flogging Molly concert (which was excellent), I played a few rounds and got my first new class. Krogan soldier. Hell yes. I wanted a Krogan from the day they showed the first MP videos. And since my regular character was a soldier, he matched the level.

Now, is that the way this works? You don't necessarily level the "character" so much as the class? So if I play with this Krogan now (I only got in one more game with him) does my human soldier also gain levels with him? Or is it just with unlocks that it matches?

XBL Name – Stabby Pete
Times Most Available – After 7PM CST until Midnight on most work days, Thursdays is my regular game night with some friends. Weekends vary depending on plans and such.
Character Race/Class(es) Preferred – Honestly not sure yet. I plan on playing with all of the races and classes in the demo until I get a feel for it. My Krogan soldier will be a favorite for sure.
Playstyle – Group combat. My human soldier is a great support gunner, good for crowd control on the riff-raff troopers with constant Adrenaline Rush boosts. So far, the Krogan is just run and melee of course. I want to try a sniper class some, I was doing well on my first day sniping those Guardians through the slit in their shields.
Difficulty Preferred – BRONZE for a bit, especially if people want to experiment with characters which I'm all about. Then we start to click in teams and move it up to SILVER and GOLD.
How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick – I'm all out of bubblegum.​

What'd you guys think of the trailer? Pretty neat, but I'm getting a little tired of the promotional material for ME3 being all pew-pew and no story stuff. :lol:

I wish there were a bit more parity between races within some of the classes in multiplayer. e.g., I can't really see any reason to use a Human Adept once you've unlocked the Asari. The same probably goes for the Human and Salarian Infiltrators too.

[quote name='gotdott']Just give the MP a go then, there's no story attached really[/QUOTE]

If you consider 15 phantoms lined up to gangbang 1 human, 1 krogan and two asaris, there's plenty of story.

[quote name='Magus8472']I wish there were a bit more parity between races within some of the classes in multiplayer. e.g., I can't really see any reason to use a Human Adept once you've unlocked the Asari. The same probably goes for the Human and Salarian Infiltrators too.[/QUOTE]

That's because there isn't any. Stasis is the bread and butter of an adept in MP, which the human can't use. With shields, barriers and armor, the singularity becomes a poor man's stasis but is overall less effective. Shockwave can be nice with clustered enemies, but it will only do a small amount of damage to any one target. Warp is really the only thing that is nice at the harder levels for a human adept. In fact, I think I will abandon developing mine further and focus on my drell vanguard, salarian infiltrator and krogan soldier (such a fucking beast even at low levels).

On the lighter side, what are people naming their characters? Mine are:

Human adept: gamertag
Drell vanguard: my thane man
Salarian infiltrator: Sal
Krogan soldier: home wrexer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']When it comes to those decisions:
* Always important to upgrade all three ship items or someone dies on the way to the Collector base.
* Miranda will usually survive even if she's not loyal when leading one of the fireteams. It's preferrable to have her loyal, yes. Garrus or Jacob would work as well, though Miranda is your go-to preference.
* For team member going in the vents, Tali, Legion or Kasumi will work. Any one else usually gets killed, barring some random chance.
* When sending someone to escort the crew back to the ship, take Mordin every single time. He's pretty much useless in any other use of him in the final mission.
* For the barrier, you always want to use either Jack or Samara/Morinth, since they're extremely powerful biotics. Anyone else, someone dies.
* For the other fire team to hold the line, Grunt and Zaeed are must-uses, since they can bring up the chances other team members survive OK. Garrus, Grunt and Zaeed are a good second fireteam choice.

Here's an image that gives a number of the options:
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/killjoi/all-images/52-155860/gi206_flowchart_poster/51-1672151/
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't know any of that when I first played it, though. It would have ruined the whole "first time" experience, if you catch my drift.
I wasn't too upset, though, as the only death that upset me was Thane. Miranda annoyed the heck out of me, and I felt like Zaeed was just kinda thrown in there so people would buy the game new. Hardly any background information was provided, and he had almost no personality. As for Mordin, I don't think I ever even used him lol.

[quote name='Anexanhume']That's because there isn't any. Stasis is the bread and butter of an adept in MP, which the human can't use. With shields, barriers and armor, the singularity becomes a poor man's stasis but is overall less effective. Shockwave can be nice with clustered enemies, but it will only do a small amount of damage to any one target. Warp is really the only thing that is nice at the harder levels for a human adept.[/QUOTE]

I suppose that's more a consequence of stasis being overpowered than anything else. Still, with ability loadouts being locked like they are it'd be nice if certain configurations weren't so obviously superior to others. Case in point, I unlocked the Quarian Engineer the other night and played a few rounds with her today only to be left wondering why I'd ever choose to use her over her human counterpart when she's saddled with the seemingly lackluster Cryo Blast where the human has Overload.

In any event, it's hard to criticize based upon only a demo. Hopefully this will be less of an issue with the full featureset in place.

[quote name='Magus8472']I suppose that's more a consequence of stasis being overpowered than anything else. Still, with ability loadouts being locked like they are it'd be nice if certain configurations weren't so obviously superior to others. Case in point, I unlocked the Quarian Engineer the other night and played a few rounds with her today only to be left wondering why I'd ever choose to use her over her human counterpart when she's saddled with the seemingly lackluster Cryo Blast where the human has Overload.

In any event, it's hard to criticize based upon only a demo. Hopefully this will be less of an issue with the full featureset in place.[/QUOTE]

Hey I love my Quarian, Cryo-Incinerate combo is legit. I'll take cryo over overload any day when I'm visiting the phantom clusterfuck that is gold.

Not a big fan of the turret though, the rockets are meh.

[quote name='gotdott']Hey I love my Quarian, Cryo-Incinerate combo is legit. I'll take cryo over overload any day when I'm visiting the phantom clusterfuck that is gold.

Not a big fan of the turret though, the rockets are meh.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure. I put all the buffs into Cryo and Incinerate that I could and the damage didn't seem to increase appreciably, to say nothing of the supposed snare effect. Whereas upgraded Overload strips most defenses in one shot, knocks down undefended targets and hits more than one target per cast. Could be that I didn't give Cyro a fair shake, though; I'll give it another try.

[quote name='Magus8472']I'm not so sure. I put all the buffs into Cryo and Incinerate that I could and the damage didn't seem to increase appreciably, to say nothing of the supposed snare effect. Whereas upgraded Overload strips most defenses in one shot, knocks down undefended targets and hits more than one target per cast. Could be that I didn't give Cyro a fair shake, though; I'll give it another try.[/QUOTE]

Overload is awesome, I wasn't putting it down or anything, just saying that I prefer Cryo on Gold since it can double as an escape mechanism, slowing down a group of enemies so you can haul ass out of a room, especially on Noveria where you can get trapped in a corridor. That being said I do agree and hope they tweak things for release since everything seems underwhelming compared to stasis/warp/throw combo.

[quote name='Freemason']it was not an issue to fix really, you just have to
[/QUOTE]

I thought when 2 came out I remember reading that it was some glitch.
I still don't see how she died on mine from what you just said to do. I had everyone but her loyal, all upgrades to the ship. I think on the last part I had her and Jack or Samara/Morinthwith me and Jack or Samara/Morinth was the one that made the bubble.
Wednesday I might put ME2 back in and see if I still have that save point.

[quote name='sendme']I thought when 2 came out I remember reading that it was some glitch.[/QUOTE]
It was never a glitch, it's just that the way Paragon/Renegade works in ME2 can be a little counterintuitive. In a nutshell, for a Paragon override, you're judged not only on how much Paragon you have but also by how much potential Paragon you could have had but don't (and vice versa for Renegade). So your bar can be full but you can still fail the check. That Jack/Miranda check in particular is almost impossible to pass without the bonus from an ME1 import.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It was never a glitch, it's just that the way Paragon/Renegade works in ME2 can be a little counterintuitive. In a nutshell, for a Paragon override, you're judged not only on how much Paragon you have but also by how much potential Paragon you could have had but don't (and vice versa for Renegade). So your bar can be full but you can still fail the check. That Jack/Miranda check in particular is almost impossible to pass without the bonus from an ME1 import.[/QUOTE]

You're right. You just can't get your bar up high enough at that point in the game unless you have the ME1 xp bump.

bread's done
Back