Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='IanKazimer']Haha, XP, remember I'm in the art boat with you. I still appreciate a good booty at...face value.[/QUOTE]

same...but she didn't spec booty this build. i'll give her an N7 rating on being athletic and modeling Mass Effect tights.

On teh Turian Sentinel, i specced him full everything but tech armor so i got max cooldowns on warp and overload, in any sort of team running engineer or adept/biotic he can trigger bombs all day in any color or flavor. I was in a game the other night where i would warp a dude then tell the Krogan Vanguard to slam em and watch them splat into bloody mist, was awesome. The Turian Sent, Salarian Engy, Asari Adept, and Krogan Vanguard.. great team combo

[quote name='zewone']Those fuckin' boots are killin' me.[/QUOTE]

She's wearing boots? and man are you guys gonna be mad when it pans up and you realize its a dude.

[quote name='Freemason']She's wearing boots? and man are you guys gonna be mad when it pans up and you realize its a dude.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it never does, but damn you for putting that image in my head... now I gotta see the face

[quote name='Freemason']She's wearing boots? and man are you guys gonna be mad when it pans up and you realize its a dude.[/QUOTE]

dats why I was sayin check out d'hands. s/he could just trollin us in those pants nahmsayin?

i wish the lights feature in appearance would effect the color of your tech armor.

I'm hopeful for more MP class/races. after activating the Battlefield 3 soldier, you have to tab over to get the batarian one selected.

creds.jpg

[quote name='100xp']I'm hopeful for more MP class/races. after activating the Battlefield 3 soldier, you have to tab over to get the batarian one selected.[/QUOTE]

So the BF3 Soldier doesn't replace the male human? Dope.

speak of dat ass...it's funny to see how many ppl who play asari in MP color the 2ndary color to match their skin tone. giving it the illusion their ass is hanging out.

checked out my bioware mp stats. I should probably buy all vet packs and fill out my uncommons. I seems to have a lot of them that still need X'ing out. I am happy to know i have a Locust X and a Mattock IX.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']So the BF3 Soldier doesn't replace the male human? Dope.[/QUOTE]

male, female, krogan, turian, BF3, (off screen) batarian.

I'm hoping they have more races soon...not that it will matter on May 15th. haha.

Bought a bunch of Vet & Spec packs yesterday- all human skins and only one weapon, a Phalanx VI.

Never going to get a maxed out Vindicator or Raptor.
:cry:

[quote name='100xp']speak of dat ass...it's funny to see how many ppl who play asari in MP color the 2ndary color to match their skin tone. giving it the illusion their ass is hanging out. [/QUOTE]

Did this with my Asari and had a few games were people stare right at me, or try to stand close enough to angle the camera for a better view.

[quote name='100xp']male, female, krogan, turian, BF3, (off screen) batarian.

I'm hoping they have more races soon...not that it will matter on May 15th. haha.[/QUOTE]

Dat MAX PAYNE, RIGHT!? RIGHT!?

Love that credits jpg, hahaha. I always default to this one, for my love of Mega Man Legends.

media_httpi1104photob_tdjdi-scaled500.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you XP. I've only got two uncommons maxed out. I GUESS I should wrap that up, but I'd kinda rather shoot for more ultra-rares instead. Still only have the Black Widow and Talon. Wouldn't mind PSPs making a reappearance in the store.

I also hope that they do give MP a little more love in the future. It's still fun, but I feel like it's becoming something for me to throw on when I have nothing else to play, rather than something I'm stoked to boot up when I get home. New objective waves would be great.

Trust me... the last thing you want is a Vindicator X after they nerfed it. Raptor? Eh... go nuts. I personally hate the gun but know plenty of people that could make it work. LOL @ MML pic btw. Ugh... one of the few MM games I actually enjoyed playing. I'm still waiting for a Misadventures of Tron Bonne sequel that will obviously never happen. I LOVED that game back in the day.

oh snap...Zennies! the intergalactic currency in japanese games back in the day Sega was a console.

it still seem smart to keep rolling on spectre packs because you're still trying to X out rares, get a change on ultra rares, + you still get uncmmons in there...but you get level 3 equipment and +5 missiles and med packs.

Randoms logic: Level 8 vanguard (level 9 N7) + Level 1 Infiltrator, joining a bronze match = "LETS GO TO SILVER GUYS!" "IN FACT, LETS USE THE FBW/G/G STRATEGY, TOO!"

What?

I hate hosts who change the random/difficulty settings after you join.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOL. Yeah I heard FW/G had trickled down to Bronze. Oh so sad.[/QUOTE]

some ppl just aren't good at this game that's all.

it kills me to see my friend's son play ME3 on casual, halo on casual, and everything else on casual...then asks me why I won't play with him in TDM on anything. he's not 10 anymore either...and still claims to be the ultimate gamer.

most of us can laugh, but i laughed at myself when I realized that we're boasting how good we are at a cooperative game :lol: compared to lesser carebears. (though my carebear would be black and grey camo w/a shuriken on his chest and a ninja hood over his head)

Technically if we were truly boasting we'd be whining about this latest development on BSN championing the death of credit farmers because their "ruining" our game. You know along with the rest of the morons with genuine superiority complexes.

Thankfully we know at the end of the day however some people choose to play this game doesn't have to affect any of us in the slightest. It just kind of sucks the strategy finally bled out into Silver and Bronze because most players will never have any incentive to improve. Plus the stupid nerd arguments on how to play this game "properly" will continue to skyrocket from gamers who haven't had any experience with MP until now and have no idea what the f*ck they are talking about.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Wouldn't mind PSPs making a reappearance in the store.[/QUOTE]

Ask and you shall receive, I guess. Looks like I'm putting in some after-work time this week!

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Technically if we were truly boasting we'd be whining about this latest development on BSN championing the death of credit farmers because their "ruining" our game. You know along with the rest of the morons with genuine superiority complexes.

Thankfully we know at the end of the day however some people choose to play this game doesn't have to affect any of us in the slightest. It just kind of sucks the strategy finally bled out into Silver and Bronze because most players will never have any incentive to improve. Plus the stupid nerd arguments on how to play this game "properly" will continue to skyrocket from gamers who haven't had any experience with MP until now and have no idea what the f*ck they are talking about.[/QUOTE]

good reply. (not sarcasm)

i hope some of the random ppl understand firing a rocket at the enemy is better than spending 3-4 medi gels when it's too late.

[quote name='100xp']good reply. (not sarcasm)

i hope some of the random ppl understand firing a rocket at the enemy is better than spending 3-4 medi gels when it's too late.[/QUOTE]

Now that would certainly be nice. Besides we're ten times friendly than the "pros" from other forums what with offering advice and game invites to everyone who's interested in getting better at the game. If anyone deserves to complain from time to time, I'd say we're more than qualified.

Btw has anyone received their Exorcist OP packs yet? I know it probably isn't time yet but I haven't seen any credit given on my BSN profile for completing it and obviously I'm a bit concerned.

EDIT: Just received my Victory Pack, but no Commendation. Here we go again. Not sure why I'm the least bit perturbed at the moment. We all know I'm going to get an Eagle or Hurricane II anyway. -_-'

the BSN gets an info delay so i don't think they've dropped the packs yet. earlier in the thread they said check around 8-9pm EST. I don't know if the community popped 100k phantoms but I know i did gold several times. I'm going to check in about a half hour.

unless it's a map glitch or combos with math, I generally don't pay attention to the BSN forums at all...I haven't read the forums outside of links from here.

have you see how high you can get the grenade damage to? holy crap. 8.65m for a frag nade doing 1000+. It's been Carnage/knock down. A few pumps of the falcon pwnch rifle, and finished off with a hefty f_u_nade. cerberus was so sad.

i'll be on tonight for a bit, then ill be off for about a week. buiness/pleasure/some place tropical...which is why i was glad to hear they decided on every other week for challenges.

:mrgreen:

I ran Bronze, Silver, and Gold Cerberus matches just trying to kill Phantoms. 1,000,000 is a lot more than the usual 350k or 500k.

I'm curious if there's ever going to be an event that forces everyone to play only a certain enemy or a certain level. And I mean, EVERYONE. Most of these events, you see people doing the event objective and then doing something else.

For instance, I was wondering if everyone was going to be killing Cerberus all weekend long just to kill 1,000,000 Phantoms. Doesn't look like it which REALLY makes me wonder if we got that many.

[quote name='100xp']the BSN gets an info delay so i don't think they've dropped the packs yet. earlier in the thread they said check around 8-9pm EST. I don't know if the community popped 100k phantoms but I know i did gold several times. I'm going to check in about a half hour.

unless it's a map glitch or combos with math, I generally don't pay attention to the BSN forums at all...I haven't read the forums outside of links from here.

have you see how high you can get the grenade damage to? holy crap. 8.65m for a frag nade doing 1000+. It's been Carnage/knock down. A few pumps of the falcon pwnch rifle, and finished off with a hefty f_u_nade. cerberus was so sad.

i'll be on tonight for a bit, then ill be off for about a week. buiness/pleasure/some place tropical...which is why i was glad to hear they decided on every other week for challenges.

:mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have received a Victory Pack if the community hadn't achieved that goal so we either reached it, BioWare boosted the numbers, or gave us a consolation prize for our first failure.

As for grenades, Infernos are sadly the only ones that can't inflict a metric f*ckton of damage when properly spec'd. I remember my first QI build where I completely skipped Sabotage and buff up Stickies to do well over 1200 DMG with a 3m radius. I spent more time camping near enemy spawn points than helping out the teams I was placed on, haha. I still would have preferred a cooldown for them especially for human soldiers because their respawn timer is absolute murder. You honestly can't rely on them.

It's because of your natural Banshee magnetism, Edge. Those sexy bitches want you all to themselves and we both know if you get a Valiant II their life expectancy will drop another 5%. Be easy. ;)

[quote name='dualedge2']I ran Bronze, Silver, and Gold Cerberus matches just trying to kill Phantoms. 1,000,000 is a lot more than the usual 350k or 500k.

I'm curious if there's ever going to be an event that forces everyone to play only a certain enemy or a certain level. And I mean, EVERYONE. Most of these events, you see people doing the event objective and then doing something else.

For instance, I was wondering if everyone was going to be killing Cerberus all weekend long just to kill 1,000,000 Phantoms. Doesn't look like it which REALLY makes me wonder if we got that many.[/QUOTE]

Almost every match I played all weekend had Cerberus as the AI.

Here's a question. Is Bioware going to expect players to play through the ending AGAIN in order to get the "Clarified" ending?

Ugh, don't remind me. Still having nightmares about them (Banshees! Banshees everywhere!) :lol:

Also, on an unrelated note, it appears they added the M-90 Indra to MP. It sucks ass (according to the stats), but still worth noting.

So I've heard. There's also a rumor of a new MP DLC called the "Rebellion" pack floating around, but until I see some pics it (in typical internet fashion...) never happened. I guess BioWare is still trying to work some of the kinks out because the Premium Spectre Pack disappeared from the store when I reset my box. I just hope none of this nonsense unearths a new glitch just waiting to be abused at our expense.

Yea, there was a thread on BSN and the second poster said it read like a checklist of all the "wants" from the community. Fishy, to say the least.

Amen. I know we all thought the same of Resurgence, but that guy had pics to substantiate his claims. Not that the inclusion of male Quarians is unthinkable, but for the life of me I can't understand why BOTH have to be shoehorned into Engineer and Infiltrator roles. The one thing we need more of in terms of viability are Soldiers IMO. Hopefully if the rumors pan out then the Vorcha can cut it. I honestly just imagine them to be glass cannons with shitty mobility, Inferno Grenades, situational passives, half decent shielding and no roll/booty bounce at the moment. Now that would disappoint the hell out of me.

What would disappoint me is if that happened for the supposed "Phoenix" (read: maybe Prothean) character classes. If it's real.

Since I don't plan on buying From Ashes anytime soon I'm all for it (I have absolutely no faith in the Extended Cut appeasing me). Just imagine if it's rogue Cerberus Phantoms misspelled instead. FINALLY. THE SUPER NOOB PALM CANNON OF DEATH IS OURS!

Obviously untrue but a man can dream.

Here's a link for the rest of lazy bums so you can join in on the discussion: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/2012/05/01/mass-effect-3-dlc-rebellion-pack-info-leaked/

A rather interesting tidbit is that a GameFAQs poster supposedly got suspended for posting a picture uploaded by a BioWare team member (I believe) of what many assume is a male Quarian. I saw it myself but the screen shot was so small I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I'm far too lazy to fire up PS to zoom in for a closer look.

I get the feeling Volus will never be MP characters. Mainly because they're short. This creates problems with their hitbox and if they normalize the hitbox, players might complain.

Aside from that, it'd be hilarious.

You both should consider yourselves lucky. I haven't been able to play at all soon after I received my Victory Pack along with plenty of others. Who knows how long it is going to take to fix this mess. Thankfully I have plenty of seasons of 24 left to watch and I might be able to swing a copy of The Witcher 2 later this week.

God I hope I can find a new pick up and play title to take over later this year.

bread's done
Back