Mass Effect 3 DLC "Omega" free on PSN. (Might be dead)

I must be a mad man, since i am a part of a group of people that own a series of games across multiple platforms. Thinking on it makes me realize how much i truly enjoyed the journey that these franchises took me on.

I had the games on my 360, which felt like it took forever to beat and a plethora of dlc. None of it was for mass effect 3, since i never got to take part of a sale. This series is marks a rare statement that purchasing the dlc is almost a necessity, it depends on how far the rabbit hole you want to go.

Taking Mass Effect as a whole, the game was good and the story was pretty damn fantastic. As for skipping a game, i wouldn't recommend it. For example if i wanted to replay mass effect, i would always start from the beginning. Yes, you can play the interactive story things to get some of the story. The thing you loose out on is attachment, at least that is my perspective.

I am not going to say that people that played only 2 and 3 are less of fans, but there was some nice bits and inside things you may have missed. EX and very vague
Four balls, Obsessive fans, Space biased news and the theory of asari hotness

This also goes for people that didn't like a story, character or whole thing. There is nothing i like more then details/elaboration, especially more then "It sucked" "Awful" etc.

I was looking for a reason to play the trilogy on ps3 and now i found it.

well ass holes, i fucked up my hands and have been sitting here with meicine/creme on them for the last 40 mins or so. Couldn't really go down and grab a controller with that now could i? Its been long enough so i can go check after putting gloves on. THats why i wanted to just wait till tomorow. Its too bad this isn't for Xbox live, i probably wont be playing this on ps3
Shame you didn't hurt your hands more so you could save us from posts like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
well ass holes, i fucked up my hands and have been sitting here with meicine/creme on them for the last 40 mins or so. Couldn't really go down and grab a controller with that now could i? Its been long enough so i can go check after putting gloves on. THats why i wanted to just wait till tomorow. Its too bad this isn't for Xbox live, i probably wont be playing this on ps3

Did you use those gloves of yours to type or you typed with your nose?

On topic, I imagine this dlc is not included with the trilogy? Still got the Trilogy sealed ...

Thanks so Ill get this right away so I can play it whenever I open it, that is... if that day comes...ever
I'd definitely move this towards the top of your backlog. I had that feeling about this series too. Left it sitting around for eight months until April. Haven't played anything since Mass Effect 1 :rofl:

Thanks OP, grabbed it, still have the mass effect trilogy sitting in my backlog unopened, so this DLC will be great if/when I actually get around to playing it, and if a next gen version isn't released like has been rumored. 

Thanks op. Glad I bought me3 for the ps3 when my bb clearanced it out. I was originally going to wait for a clearance on the trilogy instead of buying me3,but looking at my backlog (which includes me2) and after doing a lot of research on the merits of the 1st (general consensus seems to be that you can skip me1 bc its gameplay is dated, though a very vocal minority insist it shouldn't be skipped bc they feel it has the best story of the bunch) I decided that it would be a miracle if I actually finished me2 and me3 so no need to add me1 to the backlog pile.

Thanks so Ill get this right away so I can play it whenever I open it, that is... if that day comes...ever

Thanks OP, grabbed it, still have the mass effect trilogy sitting in my backlog unopened, so this DLC will be great if/when I actually get around to playing it, and if a next gen version isn't released like has been rumored.
Haha, OK I'm not the only one then...

Grabbed it - thanks OP.

They REALLY need to have a fire sale on these DLCs. Leviathan for $10? Citadel for $15?!? Who in the hell is gonna buy an add-on for almost as much as the whole several-year-old game? Ridiculous. Knock 'em all down to $5 or less and we'll talk about it.

I would actually like to play these missions at some point, so maybe they'll not be cheap bastards and include them in the remastered trilogy - but I ain't holding my breath.

Gah, no way to do this on PC then?  Here's hoping they don't yank it before I get home then....

Man, consoles get good deals on Bioware DLC, but PC gets hosed. That's the one piece of DLC I don't have.

anyone know how long this will last? dont feel like going downstairs to d.load this right now wondering if i can wait till tomorrow
No one knows for sure. I suggest you download as soon as you can. Sometime emotional hurt ( such as regret) can feel worse and last longer than physical hurt ( your hand). I hope you feel better soon. Good luck.

Sometime emotional hurt ( such as regret) can feel worse and last longer than physical hurt ( your hand). I hope you feel better soon. Good luck.
Wow. I've gotta know, just where did all that come from, and how did you take all that from "dont feel like going downstairs to d.load this right now"

Wow. I've gotta know, just where did all that come from, and how did you take all that from "dont feel like going downstairs to d.load this right now"
Sorry if I confuse you and/or anyone else. Because earlier there were some posts that people said some things and he told them because he hurt his hand. And I'm just saying I personally don't like feeling of regret. And if I can bare the pain in my hand over regretting then I would d.load asap. And a little encouragement.

Thanks. Going to someday play this series.  Been thinking about which gender of Shepard to play as.  Might go with female on 360 and male on ps3.

Grabbed it - thanks OP.

They REALLY need to have a fire sale on these DLCs. Leviathan for $10? Citadel for $15?!? Who in the hell is gonna buy an add-on for almost as much as the whole several-year-old game? Ridiculous. Knock 'em all down to $5 or less and we'll talk about it.

I would actually like to play these missions at some point, so maybe they'll not be cheap bastards and include them in the remastered trilogy - but I ain't holding my breath.
I don't get it either. But this is EA. It really made no sense for them to release this without ALL of the DLC included.

I still hope the PS4/XB1 ports are coming. An All DLC on disc package with higher fps, 1080p reso, and significantly shorter load times would be a day 1 purchase. but it's EA so  no.

Thanks Op for giving me a reason to finally beat this game! :)
No kidding I've had a collector's edition of this for ages since they went to $20 at gamestop but I didn't figure there was any point starting to play it until they had a sale on DLC and I could get it, but I'm still missing the other 2 story DLC.

I guess that you have to be on your actual playstation to see this bc I'm on the store and it's showing up at 15 dollars for me 

Anyone having issues getting on to the actual store on the ps3? I've been trying since late last night but keep getting " this service is undergoing maintenance" message. This glitch would probably be fixed by the time I could get to it at this point..

Went and downloaded it. Thanks for posting this or I may have missed it!

I beat the trilogy on 360 w/ all dlc but I stopped just shy of ME3 on PS3 because I didn't want to re-buy Leviathan+Omega+Citadel all over again at full price. I was waiting for a sale but I'll gladly take Omega for free. Now I just need Leviathan+Citadel for cheap/free.

Thanks again!

thanks OP.  I own this on 360 but have been thinking about picking up the trilogy on PS3 at somepoint as well so will definitely get this while I can.  To anyone who still has this series in the backlog, play it now.  Seriously one of the best franchises in gaming.

bread's done
Back