Mass Effect - Gen. Discussion & Info - Pinnacle Station DLC Now Available 400pts

Yeah, release date will be announced at E3, probably either 8-7 or 8-14. How much would Microsoft like to pimp this August 2007 gaming lineup:

August 7th: Mass Effect
August 14th: Madden 2008
August 21st: BioShock
August 28th: Blue Dragon

That's 3 Xbox360/PC exclusives in August, and the biggest selling game franchise in America.

I'm a little disapointed Kotaku made me think the rating was new. Oh well.
I have to agree that we'll be told the release date at E3 (most likely we'll be told that the game went gold) and we'll get it in a month or so.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']I think it will come out in 2007. Just expect a late fall date. I would say November 13th is my guess.[/QUOTE]

BUMP for release date, fucking sucks I was right. Means I gotta wait 5 more damn months.

This is bullshit. The game was supposed to be released months ago. It better run @ 60 fps and not dip once. At least I have time to finish the book and Halo 3 and Blue Dragon and Bioshock and Eternal Sonata.

[quote name='Kendal']This is bullshit. The game was supposed to be released months ago. It better run @ 60 fps and not dip once. At least I have time to finish the book and Halo 3 and Blue Dragon and Bioshock and Eternal Sonata.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I want Masss Effect most, but I'll be plenty busy with AAA titles before November.

I really hope they didn't just pull a too human with this trailer. It's by far the worst one of the mass effect releases I've seen so far. Shadows randomly popping all over the place and random highlights flickering. Had lots of that old FF "shakey face" stuff going on.

Hopefully it was just rushed out, since this thing was never supposed to be at e3.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']November is going to rape my wallet..

Mass Effect
Assassins Creed
Rock Band
Splinter Cell (probably a rental)

Who knows what else.. probably more.[/quote]

i'm pretty sure this whole fall is going to rape my budget if u add all the other good games coming out....

H3
Blue dragan
COD 4
Bioshock
Unreal Tournament III
Army of Two
GTA IV
Quake Wars

Some of those will be rents but still i know i'm at least putting down for 5 of them

[quote name='Surferflames']I really hope they didn't just pull a too human with this trailer. It's by far the worst one of the mass effect releases I've seen so far. Shadows randomly popping all over the place and random highlights flickering. Had lots of that old FF "shakey face" stuff going on.

Hopefully it was just rushed out, since this thing was never supposed to be at e3.[/QUOTE]

At least they have until November, they will make it awesome. I have nothing but high hopes for Bioware.

Oh I have no doubts that it will be incredible. I just fear that showings like this won't pull in the numbers that this game will most likely diserve.

Gamespot just had about 10 minutes of footage as played by the Doctor and Casey. Game looks retarded awesome. Even the interviewer seemed the most excited for the game (he held off multiple attempts to go to the next PR chat) A couple of interesting tidbits from it if you didn't watch.

- The Game is done, the gents from Bioware were showcasing a complete build that you could play from start to finish, Bioware and MS came up with the November date for extra polish, and as many would think here, probably to have a good strong push for holiday 07.
- There is a possibility of a Demo on XBL Marketplace, nothing confirmed but Casey did not deny it.
- The Game is huge, One section had you looking at the all too familar Galaxy map--Then the player is zoomed out twice from there to see the entire Milky way, all with visitable systems, planets, and spacecraft. Casey commented that no one from QA or Testing has been to ALL of the locations in the game yet.
- The UI has changed significantly since the E3 and X06 Demos. Looks like squad commands are on the D-Pad, Health indicators bottom left.
- What little was shown of Weapon Customization looked really deep-- too hard to explain in words, just know that there are A lot of options.
- Combat looks faster paced than X06, Weapon effects look a lot better as do the Biotics.

And Finally,

Shepard Has a Roadie Run.

Tight looking stuff, can't wait!

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Gamespot just had about 10 minutes of footage as played by the Doctor and Casey. Game looks retarded awesome. Even the interviewer seemed the most excited for the game (he held off multiple attempts to go to the next PR chat) A couple of interesting tidbits from it if you didn't watch.

- The Game is done, the gents from Bioware were showcasing a complete build that you could play from start to finish, Bioware and MS came up with the November date for extra polish, and as many would think here, probably to have a good strong push for holiday 07.
- There is a possibility of a Demo on XBL Marketplace, nothing confirmed but Casey did not deny it.
- The Game is huge, One section had you looking at the all too familar Galaxy map--Then the player is zoomed out twice from there to see the entire Milky way, all with visitable systems, planets, and spacecraft. Casey commented that no one from QA or Testing has been to ALL of the locations in the game yet.
- The UI has changed significantly since the E3 and X06 Demos. Looks like squad commands are on the D-Pad, Health indicators bottom left.
- What little was shown of Weapon Customization looked really deep-- too hard to explain in words, just know that there are A lot of options.
- Combat looks faster paced than X06, Weapon effects look a lot better as do the Biotics.

And Finally,

Shepard Has a Roadie Run.

Tight looking stuff, can't wait![/QUOTE]
Can you link to this?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']was wondering the same... couldn't find it on gamespot.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I can't link to it because the entire thing was a stream from Gamespot--One which I watched free, so I didn't have the ability to download it. It would be foolish of them not to have it saved, however, as it really did bring to light many things I didn't even know---that I wanted to know. If you go to www.masseffect.com, you'll be able to read about the video in greater detail in the E3 thread--- a warning though as recently its gone off on the tangents of animations for getting in and out of the Mako, and same-sex relationships in game.

While these super-fans are pretty nit-picky, this will be the first place I'd look to see if someone has it hosted somewhere or a youtube link or something.

Gamespot should have it up tomorrow I'd think. Definitely worth watching though when it does get out there.

man the new mass effect videos of the map and conversations are just too amazing, and they are very basic everyday things that are amazing in a game.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxVP-UwpYGk[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TvRkckJe4M[/media]

I wasn't really too interested in this game until E3, after watching the video I was blown away, then hearing CheapyD's impressions on the E3 CAGCast, now I totally want this and I'll be getting it on launch. Have they annouced a CE/LE version for this?

Wasn't this game suppsoed to come out this summer? Shame it didn't sicne they summer (like every summer) lacks goods games and now in the fall and for the rest of the year I wont have enough time. It doesnt even work to my advantage because the price of this game is not goign to get any cheaper by teh time I get to buy it and play it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wasn't really too interested in this game until E3, after watching the video I was blown away, then hearing CheapyD's impressions on the E3 CAGCast, now I totally want this and I'll be getting it on launch. Have they annouced a CE/LE version for this?[/QUOTE]

there's a rumor of a euro CE of the game, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

[quote name='aok123']I WANT A DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

They've already said a bunch of times there is not going to be a demo. Would delay the game even further.

Chances are there will be a CE. Which will be a for sure purchase for me. Hopefully it will include an extra planet or something.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']there's a rumor of a euro CE of the game, but nothing confirmed as of yet.[/quote]

Ah well, might end up like the whole Forza 2 CE only in Europe thing...Oh well getting this game regardless now.

[quote name='help1']Wasn't this game suppsoed to come out this summer? Shame it didn't sicne they summer (like every summer) lacks goods games and now in the fall and for the rest of the year I wont have enough time. It doesnt even work to my advantage because the price of this game is not goign to get any cheaper by teh time I get to buy it and play it.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was suppose to be this summer. From what I heard, the game is done, but they want to optimize and polish more. Plus, they want to spread out their AAA releases so it's suppose to hit in November.

the game is totally done... the last two things needed to be put together is QA (this game will take a while for that) and placement of data on the disc for optimal loading (same thing was done for GTA LCS on psp to help load times and no stuttering).

wow... thx triforcer... just started watching the movie and man... I know almost the ins and outs of the game, but after seeing the demo I am blown even further away. I kinda was reacting like the host of the demo :lol: sad...

like the GoW skin/faceplate pack, Mass effect has one out already....

and i has an official website???

http://masseffect.madcatz.com/

masseffect.gif

I am a huge Halo head, but I have to admit that I am more exicted for this game than Halo 3. This is a win win situation! What a great year.
Has anyone read the prequal novel? I finished it last night, and it's pretty good.

MassEffect will be awesome. I can't wait. I can't decide to get two worlds or mass effect. i need some help. i like them both equally but mass effect looks hard and lacks the charcter create option. and Two world looks like oblivion. Not that i don't love oblivion, but i want something new. And masseffect is in the SiFi genre. im leaning towards ME but imnot ruling out TW.

After watching that again I think I just ruined a potential major plot point for myself. Bleh.

Hypothetical spoiler...
Bioware has said we can visit all the planets, but not Earth. Earth could be in danger according to the trailer. The obvious assumption is that Earth is destroyed in the first Mass Effect game

On a side note I would love if the character creator was released prior to release via the marketplace(free of course) and then allowed you to import them into the retail.

I wouldn't worry about it.
I don't think earth plays a major role in the game...it didn't in the book.

[quote name='CheapyD']I wouldn't worry about it.
I don't think earth plays a major role in the game...it didn't in the book.
[/quote]

I just read the book as well. Wasn't bad. I did feel really, really, really nerdy when I bought it though.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I just read the book as well. Wasn't bad. I did feel really, really, really nerdy when I bought it though.[/QUOTE]

Where do you get it? Any bookstore?

was reading an article on gamasutra covering how QA tools help determine what needs to be worked on, and it was based on the Mass Effect development... here's a time chart on the amount of time spent doing different things in game... seems conversing is hella awesome still :)

bioware_2.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']where's the cheapest via B&M for the book?[/quote]
I've never seen it at any store other then those that charge the full MSRP.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Did anyone else notice that it said "Required Minigames" and "Optional Minigames" on the far right of Rolento's chart?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I assumed it was diffrentiating something like Pazaak from KOTOR and the little spaceship shooting mini-game in certain sections of the story.

The new 1up show/gamevideos has some new exclusive bits. The biggest of which includes a little peak at the character creation. It's not a whole lot, but it definitely seems to have that oblivion style going, but more organized. If that wasn't enough, they also show off the party command system which seems to have changed quite a bit since we last saw it.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13855 or on the 1up show. It's about 14 minutes so I recommend downloading if your connection isn't that great at streams.

[quote name='Surferflames']The new 1up show/gamevideos has some new exclusive bits. The biggest of which includes a little peak at the character creation. It's not a whole lot, but it definitely seems to have that oblivion style going, but more organized. If that wasn't enough, they also show off the party command system which seems to have changed quite a bit since we last saw it.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13855 or on the 1up show. It's about 14 minutes so I recommend downloading if your connection isn't that great at streams.[/QUOTE]

just did about an hour ago... good stuff... and for some reason my OP's title seems to be always relevant >_

I actually wish they would stop releasing any videos of this game. I already want it more than anything, and I don't have the self control to not watch videos that may contain potential spoilers.

bread's done
Back