Mass Effect - Gen. Discussion & Info - Pinnacle Station DLC Now Available 400pts

I never heard that so I don't know... but, it doesn't do anything. In fact, you won't know that you have the DLC until you go to the Galaxy Map.

I just finished the Renegade route for this DLC mission and I must say...

The idea of a Batarian Rebellion in Mass Effect 2 sounds amazing!
^Note: Major spoiler for those who haven't done the DLC mission yet!

Beat the DLC and I must say that I liked it a lot. At first, I was disappointed that they used those tired buildings (although they actually tired to make them different) but then you come across an entirely new area which made up for it. I liked the story, the bactarians were great, but Where the fuck were the voice actors. I really missed Garrus and Wrex commenting on what was happening.

Well Worth the 400 points and I hope they go this route for side quests in ME 2 rather than the boring ass nothing planets you find in ME. Ten missions simular to the DLC with cut scenes, original props, ideas and a story is way better than any thirty baron planet missions.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I just finished the Renegade route for this DLC mission and I must say...

The idea of a Batarian Rebellion in Mass Effect 2 sounds amazing!
^Note: Major spoiler for those who haven't done the DLC mission yet![/quote]

Honestly, I think they'll carry the storyline through the DLC packs rather than in the true sequel. Gotta stop the real bad guys, after all...

DLC was fun, and the new environments (and even the new "skins" on the old-style station environment) were very nicely done. The villian, and your end choices for dealing with him, were very interesting.

I was able to get a Savant X omni-tool by having high charm at the end, as well!

Good to know it's accessible without restarting. I can do it the paragon right away (once I get some MS points) and then do it renegade when I get around to doing a second play through.

[quote name='metaly']The awesome, stylish N7 shirt is back in stock at the Bioware store. Grab it now before it goes away again!

I wonder if they timed the restock to coincide with the DLC launch. Which reminds me...[/quote]

I feel like a cheap hooker for just paying $25 for that shirt, but dear god, I love it.

Thanks! :lol:

[quote name='007']I feel like a cheap hooker for just paying $25 for that shirt, but dear god, I love it.

Thanks! :lol:[/quote]

They were actually $5 cheaper until this most recent restocking. :[ I guess they noticed people were buying them out in hours.

since everyone is enjoying the DLC it sounds like I might need to pick it up. I have exactly 400 points left so it might be meant to be.

Yeah, the DLC was good fun. There were some nice change ups with
proximity mines--beepbeepbeepbeepbeeshaddap!
which required slightly different strategy, and the high production quality made it seamless as an add-on. Recommended for any big ME fan.

I just started up this game and I'm enjoying it so far but I'm not really sure why. The whole conversation wheel is actually pretty engaging and the story has grabbed me so far. It's not really high paced yet and there hasn't been a ton of action, but I wanted to keep pushing it forward, so I guess that means I dig it.

I just landed on my first random planet after unlocking the galaxy map. The exploration is kind of cool. I can see it maybe getting tiresome after awhile, but so far so good.

Yea I've played through this game 4 times but I started a new character and did the new mission anyways. Man it was awesome. Props to Bioware and It makes their promise for more DLC more enticing than before. I also liked how they handled the mines, that was neat gameplay. Getting the achievement points for finishing that mission was icing on the cake as well. Now if off being a Vanguard trying to get the Hardcore, Lift, Throw, Warp, Barrier, and Paragon achievements. I was a Renegade soldier before so I've got all those.^^

I was definitely skeptical starting the game as to whether I'd like it and whether the time invested would be worth it. I beat the game last night and I gotta say, I was extremely pleasantly surprised by it. Mass Effect is probably the most fun I've had with a game in the past few months and it has me wanting to complete another playthrough (something I very rarely do). Great stuff and if anyone has been on the fence about it, I definitely recommend it.

So, has anyone ordered stuff from BioWare before? I ordered the N7 shirt last Tuesday and they haven't even charged my card yet, let alone shipped anything. It's a debit card, so I even called my bank to see if there was a pending charge from them and there was nothing.

Yeah, not really that happy about a company that hasn't charged my card after a week and not actually communicated with me about it. I mean, if they aren't in stock, fine, but shoot me some sort of e-mail about the delay, especially considering that it's still 'in-stock' on the site.

Sorry, had to vent. People that have ordered before... how long does it usually take?

I ordered a few minutes before posting about the shirt and my card now shows a charge on the 11th (the day after). I'm not sure how long it's been there, but hopefully you'll be seeing a charge soon. I haven't gotten any emails, though.

well i finally finished this last week, im kinda bummed though, i think my total time was 27 hours or so. i went through every quest i had availible after leaving the citadel and didnt complete the find all artifacts and dogtag missions. i didnt get the completionist achievement which i cant believe i didnt complete over half of it.
i think im going to check a guide and see what i missed because it was obviously a lot.

the story was fantastic. i really wish the story arc was longer though.
it seemed like there was a lot that i expected to be tied into the main story that never was.
maybe thatll happen in the next one.

FINALLY have all the achievements! Only took me 10 hours with an adept to finish the biotics.

And now, Mass Effect is shelved until the next DLC hits (or I decide to finish the adept file for the hell of it). Guess it's back to COD4 until Lost Odyssey arrives.

[quote name='007']So, has anyone ordered stuff from BioWare before? I ordered the N7 shirt last Tuesday and they haven't even charged my card yet, let alone shipped anything. It's a debit card, so I even called my bank to see if there was a pending charge from them and there was nothing.

Yeah, not really that happy about a company that hasn't charged my card after a week and not actually communicated with me about it. I mean, if they aren't in stock, fine, but shoot me some sort of e-mail about the delay, especially considering that it's still 'in-stock' on the site.

Sorry, had to vent. People that have ordered before... how long does it usually take?[/quote]

I heard that those shirts were on backorder since everyone wanted them. I think you should vent to their customer support, not here.

On a side note, has anyone talked the girl from killing herself, since she was captured by slavers when she was a little kid. I believe this only occurs if your backstory is from Torfin or however you spell it. I didn't have enough charm and didn't think intimidating her would work so I left and when I came back that quest was gone.

[quote name='Spybreak8']On a side note, has anyone talked the girl from killing herself, since she was captured by slavers when she was a little kid. I believe this only occurs if your backstory is from Torfin or however you spell it. I didn't have enough charm and didn't think intimidating her would work so I left and when I came back that quest was gone.[/quote]

I managed to save her by using the charm option whenever it appeared. I thought I might have messed it up because I ended up having to pick the "step closer" choice like three times in a row, but it turned out OK. In case you want to give it another shot, the event is tied to the colonist background and not Torfin, which I think is the "ruthless" personality. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also, I have to laugh at imagining how your scenario would have played out in reality. "Commander, could you help us out with this girl?" "Sure. ... You know, on second thought, maybe later." *flies away in the Normandy*

[quote name='Spybreak8']I heard that those shirts were on backorder since everyone wanted them. I think you should vent to their customer support, not here.[/quote]

Again, then, I reiterate that there needs to be some indicator of that fact on the site. For what it's worth, though, my card was charged today, so hopefully that means it's shipping.

The reason I came here was because I *did* write to CS, only to get an automated message back that said they would be away for the holidays until January 2, 2008. After that e-mail, I came here, because I assumed (and, at this point, rightly so) that they weren't going to get back to me.

The shirts actually had an "out of stock" label for some time, so I'd assume people actually being able to place an order means they have inventory on hand. They'd have to be pretty shady to be charging people to get into a backorder queue without letting them know. (Although hmm... they're still on their holiday vacation, huh?)

So how does one start this DLC? I have a save when I beat the game...
So do I have to start a new game?

It's pretty poor of them to start put a DLC in midgame, and not let you use your latest save to just go there.

oh well, had to play through the intro again, the DLC wasn't anything special.... more like an extended sidequest with too many re-used assets. Not worth the money. I would have preferred to pay $30 for a quality expansion pack. I would've rather bought 3 songs in rock band.... disappointing.

You just have to be able to get to the normandy and the galaxy map. So you can do it on an existing save. But it does suck if you only have saves at the end where you can't get back to the ship.

I'm not sure where my saves are, hoping I have one where I can fire it up and do it paragon style and then blast through it renegade style when I get around to doing a second play through.

Got my shirt today and it is so gloriously geeky. I'm still very impressed by the tasteful design. Glad they didn't go with something like "Don't make me go C-Sec on you."

Got my shirt today, too. I'm not overly impressed by the quality (mainly the sort of thick 'paint' quality to the red stripe), but I can't complain just because I'm too happy that this shirt even exists.

Awesome.

[quote name='007']Got my shirt today, too. I'm not overly impressed by the quality (mainly the sort of thick 'paint' quality to the red stripe), but I can't complain just because I'm too happy that this shirt even exists.[/quote]

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The print quality on mine seems pretty typical on the front, back, and lower sleeve, but right along the shoulder seam there's this little blobby strip of acrylic. I wonder if it's a difficult location to print on or something.

But yeah, can't complain. Plus I love that it's grey and not black. I've got too many black shirts for my own good.

I finally got around to playing (and finishing) Bring Down the Sky and it was pretty fun. I don't know if the battles were actually harder or if it was because I bumped the difficulty back up, but I definitely got my shooting fix. The plot was cool, too, although after it was all over, the fact that they were batarians seemed a bit incidental. I hope we see more of them in future DLC, or maybe in Mass Effect 2.

Oh, and yeesh. Those sliding, rapid-fire rocket turrets have got to be against Citadel conventions. Who knows what the Terra Novans were doing with them.

Just received this today from Microsoft Retail Expert Zone and I am amazed at how awesome it is. I just finished Eden Prime and I am already addicted to the story and gameplay. I almost feel bad for only paying $9 for this game.

Only bad thing is I also just got Oblivion so my back log is gi-freaking-gantic!

Just beat the game on Hardcore and got all the achievements I set out to get except...
*Turian Ally --> how did I not get this when I had Garrus & Tali in my party for the entire time & got Tali's Quarian Ally achievement, but not his :?:
*Extreme Power Gamer --> this shit was harder than I thought. I got to Level 50 at the end of my first game and right now I'm about 100,000 XP from Level 60. Didn't know it'd take 100K to get to 59 and then 200K more to get to 60. :(

I heard the Ally Achievements carry over from playthrough to playthrough so I'll probably start a new game & continue w/ my character for a 3rd time until I get the Turian Ally Achievement & reach level 60.

Then (when I eventually feel like playing again) I'll finally start a new character, beat the game on Insanity, get the Krogan & Asari Ally achievements (hopefully), & work on Damping, AI Hacking, Overload, Sabotage, and Neural Shock using those skill trees.

Love the game and it doesn't feel like a chore to play it. I pretty much played it the 2nd time whenever I wanted to relax and play a single player game. Plus the achievements make me want to try out new classes and all the skills. I love my Adept skills since I've learned to master them and use teamwork against the enemies.

I halfway through my fifth playthrough (needed an Adept file for the skill achievements) with nearly 100 total hours already logged in, with all the achievements + the first DLC, and all this talk makes me want to keep playing when I no longer need to.

That's how good this fuckin game is. :D

Finally got the DLC and played through it this evening. Solid mission, worth the 400 points. Played through it paragon style and did everything, then reloaded it close to the end and did the boss the renegade way.

Wouldn't mind seeing another couple of these DLC packs before the sequel, assuming of course that it doesn't delay the sequel to much.

Hopefully the Batarian rebelling will play into the plot of the sequel, seems like there could be an interesting story there, and the design of the Batarians was pretty cool.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Finally got the DLC and played through it this evening. Solid mission, worth the 400 points. Played through it paragon style and did everything, then reloaded it close to the end and did the boss the renegade way.

Wouldn't mind seeing another couple of these DLC packs before the sequel, assuming of course that it doesn't delay the sequel to much.

Hopefully the Batarian rebelling will play into the plot of the sequel, seems like there could be an interesting story there, and the design of the Batarians was pretty cool.[/quote]

I'm thinking there are going to be 4 more of these. 250 points is the max they can add and with this mission, they bumped it down to 200. 4 more missions worth 50 points each seems like a good thing to expect.

I really want to finish this game too but they need to release a patch to fix all the glitches. Some of this bugs are gaming ending and need to be addressed.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']i really need to get back into this game... the vehicle missions ruined it for me unfortunately[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree man. Every I get into the Mako I just scoff and just feel bored. Getting in the Mako and doing stuff is just not fun. I would rather walk around the entire game, but that would just take too long.

I'm so fed up with this game right now. It's been great for the most part, but this mission I'm on now... Ugh. I quit playing for a month due to COD4 addiction. I started it up again yesterday. I finished the last bit of Noveria (did it before Feros) and then when I left to go to another system, I got a transmission from the Alliance Marines regarding the Rogue VI on Luna, Earth's Moon.

The first 2 bunkers were hard enough, and I had to back up and recharge health and biotics multiple times. But the third bunker is just plain impossible. I have to shoot through the kinetic field blocking the doorway where the enemies are, so they come after em and actually chase me into the room I'm in, allowing me no room to breathe. I exhaust all my biotic powers twice, but these things kill fast and up close, they kill in one hit.

This is fucking ridiculous. It's not even challenging; it's just cheap. I have no chance. It's about 50 times harde than anything else I've encountered in the game, and this is on NORMAL difficulty. I'm a Level 26 Vanguard with Ashley and Liara as my party members.

That's odd. I don't recall having any problems with the moon mission.

Only part that was tough for me after the first few hours of getting the hang of the game was Wrex's family armor mission.

Ditto, that mission sucked, It sucked, more the first time, when I found out that I couldn't open and get Wex's family armor because I didn't have enough skill to open it. Kinda liked the moon base and didn't find it difficult.

I was also a vanguard on my first playthrough and that moon mission was pretty tough, especially that one hallway. I got one-shotted by those stupid rockets a ton of times. I recommend going back and grabbing someone besides Liara (I used Garrus) because the most useful biotics don't work on those flying drones.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'm on my first playthrough, I just finished the romance subplot and landed somewhere. About how far along am I in the game now?[/quote]

You're pretty much at the endgame. Past the point of no return, in fact. Make sure you keep an older save around if you plan on doing the DLC mission and don't want to start a new game.

Yeah, you do. Everything carries over except your renegade/paragon points, and you get to redistribute skill points for your allies (but not Shepard). That was pretty useful because I had no idea what I was doing my first time and did weird things like put lots of points into multiple weapons.

bread's done
Back