Mass Effect Limited Edition available - online only!

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I know several people have been waiting for the rumored Mass Effect Limited Edition. EBgames/Gamestop now have the game available for pre-order for $69.99:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200404

Apparently the Limited Edition will only be available online... Please pardon if old :)

Edit: Coupon code GTZ10 works to get 10% off your order! Thanks guys!

Edit 2: Now also available from Amazon for $69.99 w/ free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000XJJRTI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

10/25 - Apparently the GTZ10 code for EBgames/gamestop no longer works due to the inclusion of a free bonus disc :( SAVER is the free shipping code, however.

Also, EBgames is offering free 2-day shipping right now using coupon code: EFFECT or USA 2-DAY. Probably just a twenty-four hour deal.

11/21 - Edited title for those who care :)

Dang.. I have this coming from Liongames for $40.. But I think Mass Effect is one game where I just won't be able to live without a collector's edition.

Thanks op, ordered one.

Either way, got to wait longer or pay extra. I need Mass Effect day one. Is this a GS/EB exclusive? I mean if I can just get it at Best Buy or Wal Mart then screw GS on this one.

Anyone know of any coupon codes for free shipping that is faster than value? (I know you can use SAVER for free value shipping)

...online only?

....thats really odd....I wanted to trade in stuff for this instore...

guess if it really is online, will buy

[quote name='prateeko']I hope this isn't a EB/GS exclusive, but it probably will be.[/QUOTE]
hey if it is, then that only increases its re-sell value.

[quote name='AgentOtaku']...online only?

....thats really odd....I wanted to trade in stuff for this instore...[/quote]

Can you use B&M giftcards online?

[quote name='ihadFG']Anyone know of any coupon codes for free shipping that is faster than value? (I know you can use SAVER for free value shipping)[/QUOTE]

i really wish i knew this 2 hours ago, hopefully they can add that for me

I think the free ship code is FREESHIP
You can try to get 10% off with GTZ10, but I'm not sure if that works on new & pre orders.

I know you can't use credit or gift cards online though :(

[quote name='freshzen']I think the free ship code is FREESHIP
You can try to get 10% off with GTZ10, but I'm not sure if that works on new & pre orders.

I know you can't use credit or gift cards online though :([/quote]Free shipping code is SAVER.

[quote name='freshzen']I think the free ship code is FREESHIP
You can try to get 10% off with GTZ10, but I'm not sure if that works on new & pre orders.[/quote]

[quote name='ihadFG'](I know you can use SAVER for free value shipping)[/quote]
;)

[quote name='loserboy']GTZ10% does work, I ordered one, perhaps for ebay fodder, perhaps to play, perhaps to even eat, if I get very, very hungry.[/QUOTE]
didnt work for me dont know why but it sucks:cry:

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']does eb/gs online charge your credit card when you order or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

for pre-orders, its when it ships. They authorize a couple days prior to release though.

[quote name='terribledeli']for pre-orders, its when it ships. They authorize a couple days prior to release though.[/QUOTE]
cool. thanks for the info. in for one...

[quote name='ryanmassacre']didnt work for me dont know why but it sucks:cry:[/QUOTE]

I just now went through the process again, and the gtz10 coupon still works...

It works, but it doesn't show up until the last step of ordering.

There isn't a way to get free shipping AND the discount, is there?

I can't get the free shipping to stack with the 10%. I enter them both after adding to my cart, and when going through the checkout process the cheapest option is $2.99.

I ended up ordering, even though I have my liongames order coming too. I hate gamestop exclusivity, I would prefer to buy new games elsewhere.

Ordered using GTZ10 for a total of $63 plus $3 shipping plus tax.

This was my most anticipated 360 game this year aside from Bioshock, so it wasn't a hard decision to pay the extra $10 for the LE.

Silly question but the reg version comes with a promo disk & the limited ed version has a bonus dvd. So my question is, will the more costly limited ed version have the promo disk content as well as the extra stuff on the dvd? I dont want to pay more & miss out on the gamer pics & themes & the soundtrack.

MASS-EFFECT PROMOTIONAL CONTENT DISK WITH PRE-ORDER!

Items in italics are only available with promotional disk.
A documentary introducing the game
12 unique gamer pics
Two unique themes- Four exclusive pictures in each theme
Three tracks from the Mass Effect soundtrack
Four historical Mass Effect trailers (from X05 to E3 ‘07)
Blue Dragon demo and videos from Halo 3 (two), Halo Wars, and Lost Odyssey

Limited Edition Bonus Content Includes:
  • Galactic Codex Essentials- A 36 page guide to the Mass Effect universe, including a Citadel timeline, guide to all non-human races, biotics and the key locations in the Perseus arm of the galaxy!
  • Mass Effect Art Book- A 36 page collection of Bioware's concept art!
  • Bonus DVD- Exclusive videos about Mass Effect (Art of Mass Effect, Interactive Storytelling of Mass Effect)!
clearshim.gif

In for one. Hopefully, the case is more like Gears of War CE's solid metal case and less like Halo 3 CE's piece of excrement tin.

Those bonuses are weak compared to what the extra $10 got you with BioShock. But... it's better than a bonus DVD and most developers include.

I'm not planning on buying this though- these '_____ Editions' are a joke. Most of them end up price cut and cleared out sooner or later. After the 10% code, it's still ends up being $72 or something after tax and shipping.

Online only from GS? That's bullshit. Why can't they push this out through a real online retailer like Amazon. That way CheapyD gets paid and I can use Prime.

Thanks OP! I'm in for one, after missing out on the Bioshock LE I'm not gonna let this one pass me by!

$70.23 total for me with the cheap shipping and using the 10% off coupon, not too bad I think.

[quote name='Vinny']Those bonuses are weak compared to what the extra $10 got you with BioShock. But... it's better than a bonus DVD and most developers include.

I'm not planning on buying this though- these '_____ Editions' are a joke. Most of them end up price cut and cleared out sooner or later. After the 10% code, it's still ends up being $72 or something after tax and shipping.[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends...if it's a limited edition only available online and as a preorder, then it will probably end up being rare.

If it is Halo Legendary, which was numbered up to 7 trillion...then not so rare...

[quote name='Mitch662']Silly question but the reg version comes with a promo disk & the limited ed version has a bonus dvd. So my question is, will the more costly limited ed version have the promo disk content as well as the extra stuff on the dvd? I dont want to pay more & miss out on the gamer pics & themes & the soundtrack.

MASS-EFFECT PROMOTIONAL CONTENT DISK WITH PRE-ORDER!

Items in italics are only available with promotional disk.
A documentary introducing the game
12 unique gamer pics
Two unique themes- Four exclusive pictures in each theme
Three tracks from the Mass Effect soundtrack
Four historical Mass Effect trailers (from X05 to E3 ‘07)
Blue Dragon demo and videos from Halo 3 (two), Halo Wars, and Lost Odyssey

Limited Edition Bonus Content Includes:
  • Galactic Codex Essentials- A 36 page guide to the Mass Effect universe, including a Citadel timeline, guide to all non-human races, biotics and the key locations in the Perseus arm of the galaxy!
  • Mass Effect Art Book- A 36 page collection of Bioware's concept art!
  • Bonus DVD- Exclusive videos about Mass Effect (Art of Mass Effect, Interactive Storytelling of Mass Effect)!
clearshim.gif
[/quote]

Hmm this is a good question....

I've never ordered from GS/EB online before.

How's there shipping quality? In terms of packaging and stuff.

I'd hate order a LE and have the box all smashed up. My OCD can't handle that.

Although I guess there really isn't much choice here.

[quote name='evophile']I've never ordered from GS/EB online before.

How's there shipping quality? In terms of packaging and stuff.

I'd hate order a LE and have the box all smashed up. My OCD can't handle that.

Although I guess there really isn't much choice here.[/quote]
I ordered Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin with the pre-order bonus and they didn't even ship it in a box, just a padded envelope. Obviously the DS game was fine but my bonus was crushed on all sides since it was in a flimsy cardboard case. I wouldn't put it past them to use a padded envelope if the Mass Effect LE comes in a tin (thus denting the tin). If it is a cardboard case, we'd be doubly screwed.

is this one of those limited editions where they have like hundreds of thousands of copies like FFXII? the reason why i didnt jump on bioshock le was i thought it was going to be like ffxii.

Thats odd. I have never had them ship it like that. Atleast not that I can remember. Also it usually comes UPS. If you are singed up with xbox diamond I think you get 10 bucks off of a 75 dollar order or more. Only that is for the order before shiping and tax I think.

Well after seeing the deal dont know if it would work if you had this item in your cart along with something else or not

GameStop.com - Online Only
Use coupon code Diamond to receive $10 off any online purchase of $75 or more (not valid on bundles or bonus/premium items)

[quote name='Kendro']I ordered Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin with the pre-order bonus and they didn't even ship it in a box, just a padded envelope. Obviously the DS game was fine but my bonus was crushed on all sides since it was in a flimsy cardboard case. I wouldn't put it past them to use a padded envelope if the Mass Effect LE comes in a tin (thus denting the tin). If it is a cardboard case, we'd be doubly screwed.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back