Mass Effect Limited Edition available - online only!

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I know several people have been waiting for the rumored Mass Effect Limited Edition. EBgames/Gamestop now have the game available for pre-order for $69.99:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200404

Apparently the Limited Edition will only be available online... Please pardon if old :)

Edit: Coupon code GTZ10 works to get 10% off your order! Thanks guys!

Edit 2: Now also available from Amazon for $69.99 w/ free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000XJJRTI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

10/25 - Apparently the GTZ10 code for EBgames/gamestop no longer works due to the inclusion of a free bonus disc :( SAVER is the free shipping code, however.

Also, EBgames is offering free 2-day shipping right now using coupon code: EFFECT or USA 2-DAY. Probably just a twenty-four hour deal.

11/21 - Edited title for those who care :)

[quote name='dstan']On the EBGames and Gamestop website, it now clearly states that you get the bonus disc with either the regular or Limited Edition.

Edit: Ironically the GTZ10 code doesn't work anymore BECAUSE of the bonus disc being included.

So now I have to wonder if it's worth the four bucks or if I should just risk it at Amazon...[/quote]
The item # now changed for the game, now that the promotional disc is included with the LE. The old item # is 200404 , and the new item # is B200404A . When I clicked on the item # in my order, it came up with the "Sorry!" page for when an item doesn't exist anymore.

I emailed them with my order #, just in case, to make sure that they change the item # in the order from 200404 to B200404A . Normally, they do this automatically, though I wanted to make sure it was right from the get-go.

Thats weird how on the counter promo thing it says "Free Overnight Shipping" but when you click on it, it says "Free USA 2-Day Shipping".

[quote name='shrike4242']The item # now changed for the game, now that the promotional disc is included with the LE. The old item # is 200404 , and the new item # is B200404A . When I clicked on the item # in my order, it came up with the "Sorry!" page for when an item doesn't exist anymore.

I emailed them with my order #, just in case, to make sure that they change the item # in the order from 200404 to B200404A . Normally, they do this automatically, though I wanted to make sure it was right from the get-go.[/QUOTE]
Keep us up to date on this. Last time this happen to me they basically told me to cancel my order and re-order.

[quote name='msdmoney']Is this going to be a gamestop/EB exclusive limited edition? And on top of that online only?[/QUOTE]
amazon also sells it

[quote name='62t']Keep us up to date on this. Last time this happen to me they basically told me to cancel my order and re-order.[/quote]I will let you guys know.

If they do tell me to cancel and re-order, I'll tell them that it's not acceptable, as I don't want to get my order lost in the shuffle because I lose my place in line with an later-dated order.

They've done this in the past for me with the MGS3 Sub pre-order, as they changed SKU's mid-stream and changed it automatically.

I'm tempted to change the shipping to free 2-day, though I'd rather keep the GTZ10 discount I'm getting and have it show up a couple days later.

I'd also think about kicking the EB order to the curb and order it from Amazon, though I've had bad issues with pre-orders with them in the past, and I'd rather not chance it.

i just decided to grab a copy of the bonus disc from my local best buy for $5, and keep my preorder from amazon.com.
fyi, the receipt for the best buy preorder just says 'mass effect preorder', so i'd imagine that after release you should be able to get your money back. that's what i'm planning on doing.

Why are they basically giving you the same bonus material twice with a preorder of the Limited Edition? If you look at the contents on the Microsoft press release, they are basically identical to what you get with the LE disc, although the LE disc actually has more of each thing. I know you can theoretically get the preorder disc a month before the game comes out, but it seems like they didn't really give much thought to what they were doing here.

[quote name='shrike4242']I will let you guys know.

If they do tell me to cancel and re-order, I'll tell them that it's not acceptable, as I don't want to get my order lost in the shuffle because I lose my place in line with an later-dated order.

They've done this in the past for me with the MGS3 Sub pre-order, as they changed SKU's mid-stream and changed it automatically.

I'm tempted to change the shipping to free 2-day, though I'd rather keep the GTZ10 discount I'm getting and have it show up a couple days later.

I'd also think about kicking the EB order to the curb and order it from Amazon, though I've had bad issues with pre-orders with them in the past, and I'd rather not chance it.[/quote]
Their response:

[quote name='From GS.com email'] Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at GameStop.com!

Unfortunately, your order does not include the bonus, and we cannot
guarantee that it will automatically be added. To ensure you receive the
bonus, we ask that you cancel your order and place another one with the
game and bonus offer. If this is something you would like to do, please
respond for further assistance. We sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
Erin
Customer Service Agent[/quote]

They've changed item numbers in orders before, they're just not wanting to do it this time around. Assuming they don't fuck me over in placing a new order, I'll be happy to make a new order. I'm sure they will fuck me over with a new order.

Instead of going through the hassle of canceling and making a new order, I'll just try to snag the disc from best buy this weekend.

i cancel my preorders from GS.com's site all the time and all you need to do is send a quick email with the order # and they'll cancel it with no questions asked. very easy and hassle-free. i just reorder from their site when i see a preorder bonus pop up on their site for a GS exclusive item.

[quote name='LiK']i cancel my preorders from GS.com's site all the time and all you need to do is send a quick email with the order # and they'll cancel it with no questions asked. very easy and hassle-free. i just reorder from their site when i see a preorder bonus pop up on their site for a GS exclusive item.[/quote]

It's not a GS exclusive.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It's not a GS exclusive.[/quote]

i know that, i was just commenting on cancelling orders from their site in general since you guys want them to modify your order which is pretty much impossible with their system.

btw shrike, i'm not sure what your previous exp with their site was, but even after i cancelled and reordered from their site, my games have shipped on time and i always receive my preorder bonuses.

[quote name='Filbert']I wish the LE included the book Mass Effect: Revelation.

That would have been cool.
[/quote]

Yeah. I really liked the book. I wish I had waited until about 11/15 to read it though--I'm going to have forgotten everything in there. :)

I'm not into sci-fi books and I thought the Mass Effect book was great. I highly recommend it if you're looking to get the game or not (but if you arent why are you in this thread :lol:).

Big update on this from the Official Mass Effect forums (http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=594212&forum=104)

As part of the Mass Effect going Gold announcement we have confirmed that there will indeed be a Limited Collector's Edition of Mass Effect available at some retailers. There is also a Bonus Disc of content available for pre-order customers.

We now have more news available on which retailers are carrying what and where you can order things. Here it is:

In the US and Canada the Limited Collector's Edition is ONLY available through online orders. It will NOT be sold in stores.

In Europe The Limited Collector's Edition will be sold in stores.

Current participating online retailers include(please check your local favorite for more information):
· GameStop/EB Games
· Best Buy
· Amazon
· Circuit City

There may be more available in the future. If you are certain another retailer you are aware of offers it, please add it below.

The LCE contains:
The package: The Mass Effect Limited Collector’s Edition ships in a collectible metal box.

The books: Included are two 36-page books; Galactic Codex: Essentials, a guide to the game’s science fiction universe, and A Future Imagined, a collection of original concept artwork.

The DVD: Enjoy this bonus disc loaded with special features including four original documentaries, sixteen dashboard themes, music from the soundtrack, and over 600 concept images with full commentary.

The Bonus Disc is available in North America only. It is available through Gamestop and EB Games for customers that pre-order their copy of the game through those chains. Again, check with your local stores to be sure.

If we have any firther updates to this information, we'll make them known.

Sucks that US/CA is online only while EU is not. Hopefully the metal case is better than Halo 3s in terms of surviving shipping.

In my experience Amazon probably would get it to me the safest.

They did forget to mention the Mass Effect pre-order disk is at Best Buy; it's what you pay for when you pre-order. The Gamestop's in the St. Louis area say they don't have the pre-order disks, that they come with the game.

From the pictures I've seen of the case, it looks exactly like the Gears one in terms of size and texture.

The GTZ10 code is now working for 10% off as they took out the free bonus disk, which i think ill just pick up at best buy. It helps a little bit even though they charge you tax even on the damn S/H which is fucked up. O well im a sucker for CE's i hope it stays kinda rare though.

[quote name='Link127']back in stock at Amazon! good for those like me that hate GS

gotta love Prime for the blazing 2-day shipping[/quote]
Added it to my cart and went through the checkout process but even with next-day shipping, the delivery date is 11/27 (2-day is 11/28). :bomb:

Should have bit on this sooner.

[quote name='Kendro']Added it to my cart and went through the checkout process but even with next-day shipping, the delivery date is 11/27 (2-day is 11/28). :bomb:

Should have bit on this sooner.[/quote]

Considering how shitty Amazons pre-order process on games have been the last five months, I wouldn't be surprised if those of us who did pre-order at Amazon earlier will end up not getting theirs until the 27th.

Amazon used to ship out games a day before release so we'd have it on the release day if we had overnight shipping or so on. Now we're lucky if Amazon ships out the game on the day it releases. The past five months it's taken a few days past the release date for games to ship out in many cases. A few lucky ones that shipped out the day after release.

Its cheaper at EB now that ou can use the GTZ10 code with overnight shipping even with tax. My EB is 78.09 with shipping garauntee where as amazon 85.47 with overnight shipping and no garauntee.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Its cheaper at EB now that ou can use the GTZ10 code with overnight shipping even with tax. My EB is 78.09 with shipping garauntee where as amazon 85.47 with overnight shipping and no garauntee.[/quote]

Not if you have amazon prime...

It will only come to 73.99

And If it says "Guarenteed Delivery By 20th", you will have it on the 20th

[quote name='Draekon']Considering how shitty Amazons pre-order process on games have been the last five months, I wouldn't be surprised if those of us who did pre-order at Amazon earlier will end up not getting theirs until the 27th.

Amazon used to ship out games a day before release so we'd have it on the release day if we had overnight shipping or so on. Now we're lucky if Amazon ships out the game on the day it releases. The past five months it's taken a few days past the release date for games to ship out in many cases. A few lucky ones that shipped out the day after release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they've totally gotten worse sadly. It seems to be just games too. I preordered some graphic novels recently and actually received them before the actual street date.

ordered at bestbuy.com on Thursday since this was unavailable on amazon. total was 83 bucks with shipping and tax

canceled that one and ordered the LE plus the strategy guide from amazon for 82.90 shipped. woo!

[quote name='Draekon']Considering how shitty Amazons pre-order process on games have been the last five months, I wouldn't be surprised if those of us who did pre-order at Amazon earlier will end up not getting theirs until the 27th.

Amazon used to ship out games a day before release so we'd have it on the release day if we had overnight shipping or so on. Now we're lucky if Amazon ships out the game on the day it releases. The past five months it's taken a few days past the release date for games to ship out in many cases. A few lucky ones that shipped out the day after release.[/quote]That's why I passed on Amazon.com for my pre-order. If I wanted to wait until post-Turkey day to get it shipped, I'd stick to EB with SAVER shipping.

Finally placed an order at GS. The GTZ10 code made overnight shipping a lot easier to swallow since the $7 discount wiped most of the shipping charge. The total came out to a shade over $79.

I'm a little disappointed that it won't come with the pre-order disc since it is no longer on the site but hopefully I can pick one up at BB or even better, email GS and have them send me one. They've done that with me before when my Castlevania bonus came crushed so they sent me a new one after I politely emailed them. Plus a few pages back it was mentioned that you couldn't use the discount with the SKU that included the pre-order disc so things worked out okay for me.

I'm pretty fucking psyched that overnight guarantees me getting it on the day of release.

[quote name='Kendro']Finally placed an order at GS. The GTZ10 code made overnight shipping a lot easier to swallow since the $7 discount wiped most of the shipping charge. The total came out to a shade over $79.

I'm a little disappointed that it won't come with the pre-order disc since it is no longer on the site but hopefully I can pick one up at BB or even better, email GS and have them send me one. They've done that with me before when my Castlevania bonus came crushed so they sent me a new one after I politely emailed them. Plus a few pages back it was mentioned that you couldn't use the discount with the SKU that included the pre-order disc so things worked out okay for me.

I'm pretty fucking psyched that overnight guarantees me getting it on the day of release.[/quote]I was told the same things about the pre-order disc and the SKU which would provide the pre-order disc, though my order includes the GTZ10 discount, SAVER shipping (I was being a cheapass ;) ), right at $70.18. They added in the pre-order disc SKU into my order, though the SKU for the game still shows the one without the pre-order disc. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days. :D

Even though I hate Gamestop, I broke in and decided to order from them to make sure I get it on release. I have one hate that exceeds my hate for Gamestop. That is my friend eagerly anticipating a game so much that he won't fucking shutup about it and will likely spoil everything (Past experience!) for me because he's too overly excited and won't even realize he just said until I bitch slap the jackass across the face. I now hate myself for giving into Gamestop. ~_~

As for the pre-order disc, I'll just steal my friends to get all the gamerpics and themes off of it. Beyond that it's pretty worthless to me.

Hasn't shipped yet... but I also got the LE Strategy Guide/ Artbook on the same order - it might take a little longer for them to put the package together.

But, my Rock Band shipped out on Saturday :applause:

[quote name='Draekon']As for the pre-order disc, I'll just steal my friends to get all the gamerpics and themes off of it. Beyond that it's pretty worthless to me.[/QUOTE]

Considering a major portion of the content was without audio due to a disc mastering problem, I'd say so :rool:

[quote name='jrutz']Considering a major portion of the content was without audio due to a disc mastering problem, I'd say so :rool:[/QUOTE]

Not true. The disc just has a bug where the audio won't play at first on that one video. If you exit back to the dashboard and relaunch the disc, that video will then play with it's audio. Annoying, but it works.

Well this fucking sucks. The tin was packaged in a bubble envelope and not a cardboard box which pretty much guarantees that shit will get dented. I didn't get a chance to inspect it cuz I'm at work. fucking GameStop.

[quote name='opterasis']Did anyones CE ship from gamestop yet?[/quote]Mine did yesterday, going via cheapass shipping.

[quote name='Kendro']Well this fucking sucks. The tin was packaged in a bubble envelope and not a cardboard box which pretty much guarantees that shit will get dented. I didn't get a chance to inspect it cuz I'm at work. fucking GameStop.[/quote]Oh lovely. :wall: I plan to rip someone a new asshole if that happens to me.

How did yours get shipped, FedEx/UPS or USPS?

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh lovely. :wall: I plan to rip someone a new asshole if that happens to me.

How did yours get shipped, FedEx/UPS or USPS?[/quote]

I have no idea. My sister came down for Thanksgiving and told me over the phone a package was waiting for me. First thing I asked was "box or bubble mailer?" :bomb:

I'm too excited about playing the game tonight so that's acting like a mild sedative for me at the moment. :D

Mine ended up shipping yesterday, payed for the 2 day shipping, but its gonna be here today, so thats deffinately good. Kinda pissed that they got sent in bubble mailers though, youd think after people constantly complaining about it, they would just suck it up and use a box.

[quote name='Kendro']I have no idea. My sister came down for Thanksgiving and told me over the phone a package was waiting for me. First thing I asked was "box or bubble mailer?" :bomb:

I'm too excited about playing the game tonight so that's acting like a mild sedative for me at the moment. :D[/quote]I'll keep that in mind for when it gets here. If there's a single blemish on the box, they'll be hearing from me. Give me an idea of any damage on the package, so I know what to expect. :bomb:

bread's done
Back