Mass Effect Limited Edition available - online only!

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I know several people have been waiting for the rumored Mass Effect Limited Edition. EBgames/Gamestop now have the game available for pre-order for $69.99:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200404

Apparently the Limited Edition will only be available online... Please pardon if old :)

Edit: Coupon code GTZ10 works to get 10% off your order! Thanks guys!

Edit 2: Now also available from Amazon for $69.99 w/ free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000XJJRTI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

10/25 - Apparently the GTZ10 code for EBgames/gamestop no longer works due to the inclusion of a free bonus disc :( SAVER is the free shipping code, however.

Also, EBgames is offering free 2-day shipping right now using coupon code: EFFECT or USA 2-DAY. Probably just a twenty-four hour deal.

11/21 - Edited title for those who care :)

Mine shipped yesterday as well UPS 2 day. If it comes dented I am going to be pissed. The only reason I payed full price for this game was for the LE.

I overnighted mine from GameStop and it just came, in a padded envelope. Thankfully the tin case isn't dented, but I'm not impressed with the stupid slipcover for the whole thing. It's way too big and therefore... loose. It probably won't stay on too well and it looks super flimsy. Ah well...

I don't even HAVE an XBox360 and I still had to have the damn LE.

All because I had to play KOTOR.

Damn you Bioware, damn you!

[quote name='bassec']I wonder if this is going to be one of those rare, super expensive LEs...hm...[/QUOTE]
rare LEs are pretty dead especially for highly anticipated titles like this.

Not that I'm an expert or anything but I would bet on it being sold for $20 used @ Gamestop in a few years.

[quote name='vienge']rare LEs are pretty dead especially for highly anticipated titles like this.

Not that I'm an expert or anything but I would bet on it being sold for $20 used @ Gamestop in a few years.[/quote]

The X360 version of AC's LE is goign for around 100+ sealed on eBay and Amazon.

Not to mention BioShock's LE, that is/was pretty rare.

You can't be sure though, for every one that does become rare you get 5 PD:Z's in return.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh lovely. :wall: I plan to rip someone a new asshole if that happens to me.

How did yours get shipped, FedEx/UPS or USPS?[/quote]

Bubble by UPS. No damage on mine but when I opened up the bubble mailer, my package was dusty as hell. No damage what so ever thankfully.

[quote name='Draekon']Bubble by UPS. No damage on mine but when I opened up the bubble mailer, my package was dusty as hell. No damage what so ever thankfully.[/QUOTE]
I just got mine as well and it was the same thing as yours. No damage but dusty as hell.

um, update @ amazon.com

apparently it is sold out again, and they even took it out of their product listings AFAIK since I had to follow an old link to find the page for it again.

edit: scratch that the link to it is still there on the 360 page

Still waiting for UPS to get here, I'm always at the end of the route. Picked up the LE strat guide/art book set. Damn nice artbook IMO.

[quote name='MPCanes']Mine came from Gamestop, Bubble Mailer, tin dented, and the slipcover is way too big.

The Assassin's Creed LE was much nicer.

:([/quote]

Are you going to complain, I'd love to hear their response to putting a metal collectors item in a bubble mailer.

what a joke...mine came in an envelope and at least it came with the preorder disc but i cant seem to tell if the case is pushed in or not...i dont think it is but what the hell are the thinking when they put a heavy metal case inside a envelope

According to Amazon, my copy is now enroute via 1-day shipping. :D

Shipment #1: Shipped on November 20, 2007
Shipping estimate:November 20, 2007
Delivery estimate:November 21, 2007

UPS just got here with it, came in perfect condition, with the preorder disc. I have 2 now since I figured they wouldnt send it, so I picked one up at best buy.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the pre-order disc is the same as (or very similar to) the bonus LE disc?

I'm psyched to start up the game but I'm so freaking exhausted from my hectic day today. I got the game out of the case but I can't bring myself to sit down and play the game. Too tired. :bomb: :lol:

They're different.

The pre-order disk has fewer (2) themes and (4/6?) gamer pics.

The LE bonus disc has 4 themes, and 18 gamer pics.

The LE also has a few songs from the OST and has a TON of art of the game, WITH VOICE COMMENTARY!!! It's pretty much the only part of the LE I like. It's really top-notch quality.

The only similarity they share is the stupid "Upcoming 360 games" section. Both have a demo of Blue Dragon, and trailers for Lost Odyssey/Halo Wars/Halo 3. "Upcoming"... yeah, not quite.

[quote name='opterasis']UPS just got here with it, came in perfect condition, with the preorder disc. I have 2 now since I figured they wouldnt send it, so I picked one up at best buy.[/QUOTE]

Eh? WTF happened to online only? From the sounds of it, this doesn't sound very limited at all... it sounds like everybody has it.

I ordered long ago before the free next day shipping or whatever, so I have no idea when I'll get mine. It shipped today though and it's via USPS so it'll probably take a bit.

[quote name='Vinny']Eh? WTF happened to online only? From the sounds of it, this doesn't sound very limited at all... it sounds like everybody has it.

I ordered long ago before the free next day shipping or whatever, so I have no idea when I'll get mine. It shipped today though and it's via USPS so it'll probably take a bit.[/quote]

Sorry, I meant 2 preorder discs.

[quote name='opterasis']Sorry, I meant 2 preorder discs.[/QUOTE]

Oh, gotcha.

It looks like these are limited then... they're sold out almost everywhere.

God dammit, Gamestop better not screw me over! My order supposedly shipped but I haven't gotten an email about it nor does the tracking form their website work!:bomb:

if they say it shipped what they could mean is that the shipping info has been sent to UPS or Fedex and is awaiting pickup so the tracking form may not update instantly.

But yeah I'm guessing anyone trying to buy it from Gamestop right now is going to get a 'we could not fulfill your order' notice even though it shows as still available.

Anyway, the GTZ10 code still works.

Man I couldn't find a BETTER deal elsewhere so I gonna have to do this one, unfortunately. :(

Order Contents:

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Mass Effect Limited Edition 1 $62.99

Subtotal : $62.99
Tax : $3.30
Handling : $2.99
Grand Total : $69.28

No deal here but it is still available @ BestBuy

I did not order my copy here as my Rewards Zone certificates still haven't come through after (3) days...

I instead got it @ Amazon yesterday which was better for me with no tax & free 2-day shipping. When I got it there were only 2 available then it was OOS. When I checked later it was IS again. So, there is a chance that they might get more in as they are currently OOS again. :(

[quote name='Frugal Gamer']No deal here but it is still available @ BestBuy

I did not order my copy here as my Rewards Zone certificates still haven't come through after (3) days...

I instead got it @ Amazon yesterday which was better for me with no tax & free 2-day shipping. When I got it there were only 2 available then it was OOS. When I checked later it was IS again. So, there is a chance that they might get more in as they are currently OOS again. :([/quote]

Free 2-day shipping where? Amazon?

Ebgames.com isn't even showing my order yet, hmmm...

[quote name='SuperJedi']Free 2-day shipping where? Amazon?
[/quote]

If you have Amazon Prime, my bad, I should have incl. that. I think that you can try it for free for a certain amount of time though, after that it is like $75/year or something...

[quote name='Frugal Gamer']If you have Amazon Prime, my bad, I should have incl. that. I think that you can try it for free for a certain amount of time though, after that it is like $75/year or something...[/quote]

I gave Amazon Prime a try for the free month last holiday season and I loved it so much I went ahead and signed up. With all of the games I order it's awesome to get the free 2-day shipping on any order over $25. Definitely worth it if you do a lot of Amazon buying.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I gave Amazon Prime a try for the free month last holiday season and I loved it so much I went ahead and signed up. With all of the games I order it's awesome to get the free 2-day shipping on any order over $25. Definitely worth it if you do a lot of Amazon buying.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know if they even charged me for it yet but I order quite a bit from them now that I have a PS3 & watch a lot of movies, so I will stick with it for now...

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']On a side note... Amazon pushed the ship date for the LE guide back to 11/24. What. The. fuck.[/quote]

It's showing for me in-stock right now, just like it was yesterday. However they HAVE jacked the price up from $23-something to $28.07, boooo :(

[quote name='SailorDaravon']It's showing for me in-stock right now, just like it was yesterday. However they HAVE jacked the price up from $23-something to $28.07, boooo :([/quote]

I ordered on October 6, and I got an e-mail from Amazon saying the ship date got delayed so... Idk, don't expect the thing to ship if I order it now I guess.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']It's showing for me in-stock right now, just like it was yesterday. However they HAVE jacked the price up from $23-something to $28.07, boooo :([/quote]There was a 5% off pre-order bonus as well, so it was actually $21.94 for me.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I ordered on October 6, and I got an e-mail from Amazon saying the ship date got delayed so... Idk, don't expect the thing to ship if I order it now I guess.[/quote]My order says they're in the process of shipping the guide and that the order can't be changed or cancelled. I had the same thing happen with the AC LE guide, and I asked them to upgrade my shipping from 2-day (via Prime) to next day and they did so without any issue.

[quote name='shrike4242']There was a 5% off pre-order bonus as well, so it was actually $21.94 for me.

My order says they're in the process of shipping the guide and that the order can't be changed or cancelled. I had the same thing happen with the AC LE guide, and I asked them to upgrade my shipping from 2-day (via Prime) to next day and they did so without any issue.[/quote]

"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." too, but...

Where would I contact them and ask for a shipping upgrade? Currently it's 2-Day w/ Prime, and it looks like I'd have to wait the weekend if it doesn't change.

bread's done
Back