Mass Effect Trilogy $60 11/6 (360,PC,PS3))

Hijinx

CAGiversary!
Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 will be bundled together on November 6th. According to the post I read, 360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date.

Also any PS3 users looking to just purchase Mass Effect 1 will be able to download it off of PSN for $14.99.

515PwVWCJAL._SX300_.jpg

PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

360 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

PC Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kill3r7']Fantastic deal regardless of what DLC might be included. Too bad I have the CE of all 3 games otherwise I would be all over this.[/QUOTE]

Ditto - but haven't played any yet. Might consider this if it includes all DLC and a collector wants to give me mad cash for my set.

[quote name='NINJA V']F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

OCD STRAIGHT UP KICKING IN... i've got over 2 grand of stuff i NEED to buy in the next 3 months - but only 1 grand worth of disposable income coming in. how am i gonna make this all work out?[/QUOTE]
F*cking hate EA. I waited forever for the ME2 DLC since PS3 got the 2.1 version and then they do this shit. I want it but F*CK! As posted above, I have the CEs but damn the collector (pun intended) in me WANTS this. F*CK!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Whatever you have in your backlog... these games are better. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just beat Sleeping Dogs last night. Next up is Borderlands. Then I have Darksiders 1 & II, Skyrim half finished, both Batman AA and AC, Infamous 1 & 2, Prototype 1 & 2, plus many many more, not including the free PS+ games. And AC3 will take priority over everything else next month.

What's with all the cursing?

A) Most of you are assuming these won't be vanilla
B) Early adoptors always get screwed. These days early adoptors are those that buy day one. That's the market.
C) This is a great opportunity to get new people into the franchise and will hopefully lead to more DLC and some more games in the ME universe.
D) You paid for a chance to enjoy these for years.

Almost every successful game will probably continue to be made into trilogies and eventually released in boxes. If it bothers you that much maybe you should just stop purchasing games until they come in bundles.

I've bought ME1 3 times, ME2 once (and got it once for free with DA2), and I bought ME3 once. I've already got a lot of the dlc. So it's not like I don't already have an investment but this reads like less of a double dip and more of a chance to bring more people in.

Damn, looks like I'll be trading in ME3 before the price drops, keeping the steelbook and just rebuying this trilogy.

I'd love to be able to finally play through all 3 games back to back (Even though I'm already only 2 trophy short of platinum'ing 2)

Will definitely re-buy this trio when it hits $15 or $20. Hope it comes with DLC to.

Wonder how the PS3 port will turn out. Might look nice!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Will definitely re-buy this trio when it hits $15 or $20. Hope it comes with DLC to.

Wonder how the PS3 port will turn out. Might look nice![/QUOTE]
should be interesting if it will be a port of the 360 or based off the PC version

I will eventually buy this since I got rid of all my copies. Pretty sure though you could buy all 3 for about this price or less right now but the new packaging and possible DLC inclusion would seal it. If it includes the ME3 DLC then I am sold. I already have the ME1 and ME2 DLC so I am not worried there.

REALLY surprised MS is letting ME1 be sold on Playstation. They must be getting a cut of it plus it does not hurt if MS and Sony team up a little to downplay the Wii U since ME3 is $60 on that system.

I always wanted to play the ME series... now my procrastination will pay off! All three in one package on my PS3. Very nice. I might even pay full price. Might.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I will eventually buy this since I got rid of all my copies. Pretty sure though you could buy all 3 for about this price or less right now but the new packaging and possible DLC inclusion would seal it. If it includes the ME3 DLC then I am sold. I already have the ME1 and ME2 DLC so I am not worried there.

REALLY surprised MS is letting ME1 be sold on Playstation. They must be getting a cut of it plus it does not hurt if MS and Sony team up a little to downplay the Wii U since ME3 is $60 on that system.[/QUOTE]

Please go to page 5 and read my comments.

If it doesn't include EVERY piece of DLC ON DISC for all 3 games, they can go to hell.

I'll rebuy if so. Be smart EA.

always been interested in the series but been waiting for ME1 to PS3 looks like i can buy the series since i don't own any of the other games yet. def a black friday buy

Already have ME2 and beaten ME3. Was waiting for to see if ME3 goes to 10 or less at BB but doesn't seem likely so I'll probably pick it up eventually.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Please go to page 5 and read my comments.[/QUOTE]
Your comments have nothing to do with it.

It's all about what was written into the publishing contract. It could have been for a number of years. We dunno what precluded it from being released on PS3 until now.

Hell yeah, nice move EA !!!!!!!
I have never played any of those games because I've been waiting (very patiently) for this moment.
Now it's time for some great Mass Effect action on my Ps3.

[quote name='Busyman']If it doesn't include EVERY piece of DLC ON DISC for all 3 games, they can go to hell.

I'll rebuy if so. Be smart EA.[/QUOTE]

The thing I worry about is ME2 is already 2 disks and the DLC is about another 5GB so you are looking at 1 disc for ME1, 3? disks for ME2 and maybe 3 disks for ME3. I would love it if they did but it is already going to be 5 discs on the 360 so I am not sure they will ship it with 7..lets hope so.

[quote name='Trojann']fuck Yes! I'm so glad I didn't buy Mass Effect 2 and 3. One question will it come will all the DLC?[/QUOTE]

The FAQ on masseffect.com doesn't mention anything about DLC being part of the content included in the collection:

What does the Mass Effect Trilogy include?
•Mass Effect Trilogy includes all three Mass Effect titles, featured in a new premium foil box featuring artwork of Commander Shepard.

[quote name='Trojann']fuck Yes! I'm so glad I didn't buy Mass Effect 2 and 3. One question will it come will all the DLC?[/QUOTE]
I think 1 and 2 is a certainty but most not likely for ME3 other than maybe From the Ashes, but definetly not Leviathan and the future DLC

[quote name='aus_nacht']What's with all the cursing?

A) Most of you are assuming these won't be vanilla
B) Early adoptors always get screwed. These days early adoptors are those that buy day one. That's the market.
C) This is a great opportunity to get new people into the franchise and will hopefully lead to more DLC and some more games in the ME universe.
D) You paid for a chance to enjoy these for years.

Almost every successful game will probably continue to be made into trilogies and eventually released in boxes. If it bothers you that much maybe you should just stop purchasing games until they come in bundles.

I've bought ME1 3 times, ME2 once (and got it once for free with DA2), and I bought ME3 once. I've already got a lot of the dlc. So it's not like I don't already have an investment but this reads like less of a double dip and more of a chance to bring more people in.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I am CAG and then a purist. CAG as in I buy below MSRP or at a price that is my buying threshold. Purist as in I followed the series from its origins on 360 (with ME1) and as such wanted to continue to experience it on that console. I expected GOTY or platinum hits version to include the DLC but it never came for ME2 for 360 unlike for ps3 which has majority of it. It is an awesome compilation, no doubt, especially for those getting into the series as you put it but I just want the DLC so don't let my frustration get in your way. As, I said I am going to get it but of course it will be at the price point I want. I don't mind revisiting that vast and rich universe. I hope they throw in all the DLC and then some as fan service and make it worth getting. :drool:

[quote name='Busyman']Your comments have nothing to do with it.

It's all about what was written into the publishing contract. It could have been for a number of years. We dunno what precluded it from being released on PS3 until now.[/QUOTE]

EA published the original for the PC 6 months after Microsoft published it on 360. EA has been free to publish the game as they please since that point. There are plenty of articles online dating back to 2008 talking about this, its nothing new. And common knowledge to those who look for it. Microsoft has nothing to do with the game being published on ps3, no control over it whatsoever. So yes, my comments are very relevant.

This is a definite purchase.

And stop whining people. When you buy a game early your really paying a small premium to play the game earlier. Everyone knows if you wait the price of games drops and most of the good games will get a 20 dollar price tag eventually. Stuff like this comes out later so people can get everything in one package, collectors have something to buy and the company can make some more money for all their labors getting the product out.

Its a win win. You don't get bamboozled by buying early. You get to play the game long before those people that waited for this to come out or for just a solid price drop.

GREAT SCOTT they bringing ME1 to PS3?! woot!
I seriously wonder how they worked that agreement out but good on them!

[quote name='kill3r7']Fantastic deal regardless of what DLC might be included. Too bad I have the CE of all 3 games otherwise I would be all over this.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Yeah, me too. I played all 3 on the 360 so I might consider the PS3 version or maybe the PC version since they run better (if you have decent hardware) and if all the DLC is included.

I'd really like to know how they managed to get ME1 on the PS3...

[quote name='Vinny']I'd really like to know how they managed to get ME1 on the PS3...[/QUOTE]
The deal between MS & Bioware for ME1 was probably a timed exclusive, or more likely the contract between the two companies expired for that game. The PS3 version will hit right around five years after ME1 was originally released for the 360.

This is a crap deal for the PC since ME 1 and 2 have been as cheap as $5 multiple times and so far ME3 has been as cheap as $15.

About the only potentially interesting thing about it PC wise is if they included all the DLC and if they wanted to they could potentially get ME3 on Steam however those are huge ifs known EA.

[quote name='Greyghost']About the only potentially interesting thing about it PC wise is if they included all the DLC and if they wanted to they could potentially get ME3 on Steam however those are huge ifs known EA.[/QUOTE]

Zero chance this activates on steam. But yes the amount of DLC incuded, if any, is yet to be seen. My guess is that none will be aside from what has already been bundled with previous ME1 and ME2 releases.

[quote name='kayne2000']this sounds like it would be best on the wii u so i really have to wonder why it isnt coming to that system[/QUOTE]

Because it's EA. I would've entertained a purchase on Wii U for the entire Trilogy, even though I already have them all on 360.

[quote name='Thrinn']The deal between MS & Bioware for ME1 was probably a timed exclusive, or more likely the contract between the two companies expired for that game. The PS3 version will hit right around five years after ME1 was originally released for the 360.[/QUOTE]

I did a bit of digging, I'm wondering if the PS3 version is going to be a port of the PC version. MS holds the publishing rights to ME1 on the 360, EA holds the rights to the PC version. I'm guessing EA is going to port the PC version to the PS3.

[quote name='kayne2000']this sounds like it would be best on the wii u so i really have to wonder why it isnt coming to that system[/QUOTE]

EA is already busy trying to sell ME3 by itself for $60 on the Wii U. Perhaps once sales have slowed down for that port we'll see the collection hit the Wii U.

[quote name='nadohawk']Seems expensive. Would only appeal to PS3 owners who never got to play the original.[/QUOTE]
$60 for 3 of the best games this gen is hardly expensive especially when theres tons of hours of gameplay to be found. I think I had on average 50 hours per game (~150 for all) and thats without the DLC. ME3 just came out this year so this is a great value especially for PS3 owners

[quote name='Havok83']$60 for 3 of the best games this gen is hardly expensive especially when theres tons of hours of gameplay to be found. I think I had on average 50 hours per game (~150 for all) and thats without the DLC. ME3 just came out this year so this is a great value especially for PS3 owners[/QUOTE]

When you can get each for ten (ME3 hopefully next week), 60 is wicked expensive.

[quote name='Vinny']I did a bit of digging, I'm wondering if the PS3 version is going to be a port of the PC version. MS holds the publishing rights to ME1 on the 360, EA holds the rights to the PC version. I'm guessing EA is going to port the PC version to the PS3.[/QUOTE]

^What I was saying.

If you can play the series on PC, play it there.

I started on the 360 and then got a gaming PC. Been enjoying it, me and femshep, since then. Sad it's over.

Interesting but without the dlc it's probably a pass for me. I've waited this long, guess I can wait longer for a complete package.

Part of what's kept me from playing the series is just being able to get it from a unified source. If I could get it all from Steam I would have had these long ago. Don't even think you can get all the PC DLC from Origin which is really strange.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The thing I worry about is ME2 is already 2 disks and the DLC is about another 5GB so you are looking at 1 disc for ME1, 3? disks for ME2 and maybe 3 disks for ME3. I would love it if they did but it is already going to be 5 discs on the 360 so I am not sure they will ship it with 7..lets hope so.[/QUOTE]

It makes it less appealing but they could do digital vouchers for the dlc.

Same here.

Not much going on with the WiiU version to warrant the double-dip. But this triple-pack woulda been a day one buy

Just another EA business decision... meh.

[quote name='NINJA V']F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

OCD STRAIGHT UP KICKING IN... i've got over 2 grand of stuff i NEED to buy in the next 3 months - but only 1 grand worth of disposable income coming in. how am i gonna make this all work out?[/QUOTE]

We are on the same boat buddy!!!!LMAO I have all three but I want this soooo BADDDD!!!!AAZZZZ!!!

Damn. I own Mass Effect 1 on 360. 2 and 3 on the PS3. :lol: I wish I could get ME 1 separately and that's not a Digital Download.

Oh well. Had to pass.

Already reserved my copy. I might hold onto my CE editions of Mass Effect though, since this edition might not include the DLC content.

If youre a collector you will get this no matter what!!!! I still have my sealed CoD Black ops Prestige edition, Killzone 3 Helghast edition and a couple of others. I will not pass this up, I will not open this either!!!

All in for $60!! great price for a great trilogy. hopefully ME1 does come in the trilogy for ps3...

bread's done
Back