Mass Effect Trilogy $60 11/6 (360,PC,PS3))

Hijinx

CAGiversary!
Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 will be bundled together on November 6th. According to the post I read, 360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date.

Also any PS3 users looking to just purchase Mass Effect 1 will be able to download it off of PSN for $14.99.

515PwVWCJAL._SX300_.jpg

PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

360 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

PC Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing how they have been with story DLC on 2 + 3 (nothing free), I don't expect this to come with anything extra for those 2 games.

And I really wish they would have just waited 6 months, and released it with every piece of DLC for each game. I would buy it instantly, and so would lots of other people. People like COMPLETE/GOTY edition type sets.

But for those that dont know, the DLC alone will rack up to more than the MSRP of this when all is said and done. And some of it is very very good (shadow broker, etc)

I Can't wait for PS3 owners who have played ME2 and ME3 to play ME1 and experience the tediousness of driving up hills!

I'd caution people to take a wait and see approach until we know how much work has been done, if any, in regards to bugs and performance on both 360 and PS3.

Mass Effect on 360 has a crap framerate as does 3 on PS3. (PC users should be fine save general BioWare PC port idiocy)

I purchased ME2 new (for the PS3) for $10 during the EA sale online.

If this comes with all the DLC for 2 and 3 I'm in!

What would make this even sweeter is if they somehow were able to incorporate keyboard controls for the console versions (the PS3 has m/kb capabilities) so you can hotkey/bind it like the PC version(s).

[quote name='NINJA V']F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

OCD STRAIGHT UP KICKING IN... i've got over 2 grand of stuff i NEED to buy in the next 3 months - but only 1 grand worth of disposable income coming in. how am i gonna make this all work out?[/QUOTE]

Get a better job

I'm a rabid ME fan, but don't think I'll be picking this up. Already own all the CE's on 360 and all of the digital PC versions. What I really want is a way to pick up ME2 DLC on PC at a reasonable price.

Nonetheless, this is a good move for those here that only use PS3. The story to ME1 is fantastic and the little backstory comic doesn't do it justice.

[quote name='gospelman']The story to ME1 is fantastic and the little backstory comic doesn't do it justice.[/QUOTE]Can't stress this enough. It was the best story out of the three games and there's so much missing with the comic to fill in the gaps needed for ME2.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Can't wait for PS3 owners who have played ME2 and ME3 to play ME1 and experience the tediousness of driving up hills![/QUOTE]

I prefer tedious hill driving than boring planet scanning.

I'm curious to know how mass effect 1 is even coming to the ps3 at all since I believe it was published by Microsoft. I guess stranger things have happened lol awesome for us ps3 owners though.

[quote name='shrike4242']

It is nice to see that the PS3 crowd will be getting ME1 finally, though I guess they'll be redoing ME1 on the ME2/ME3 engine. I can't quite see them backporting the ME1 engine to the PS3 in all its semi-buggy glory.[/QUOTE]

It would be an unbelievable amount of work to remake ME1 in the ME2 engine. I'm not sure what they plan on doing but I certainly wouldn't expect that. Its more likely just a port of the PC version.

[quote name='gospelman']I'm a rabid ME fan, but don't think I'll be picking this up. Already own all the CE's on 360 and all of the digital PC versions. What I really want is a way to pick up ME2 DLC on PC at a reasonable price.

Nonetheless, this is a good move for those here that only use PS3. The story to ME1 is fantastic and the little backstory comic doesn't do it justice.[/QUOTE]

This is why I'll never buy/play these titles again on any other platform than my :360:. I have a huge backlog (like a lot of you do), but I have always made time to clear my schedule and commit to playing these games when they're released. My Commander Shepard's entire story arc, from his humble beginnings to his ethereal end, rivals that of any of the great narratives regardlessi of medium that I've personally experienced.

For those of you who've never played any of these games for whatever reason, you're in for a hell of a ride ;).

[quote name='Hijinx']I'm curious to know how mass effect 1 is even coming to the ps3 at all since I believe it was published by Microsoft. I guess stranger things have happened lol awesome for us ps3 owners though.[/QUOTE]
MS's publishing rights might've expired, or EA paid them some money to relinquish them and regain full control over the game's publishing rights.

I'm in. Played a bit of 2/3 at a friends place but never invested xince there was no ME1... call me picky. I'll try to wait it out.. that'll be hard though.

[quote name='Nochance']It would be an unbelievable amount of work to remake ME1 in the ME2 engine. I'm not sure what they plan on doing but I certainly wouldn't expect that. Its more likely just a port of the PC version.[/QUOTE]Assuming it's a clear path to port it from PC to PS3, then that would make more sense. Since they already have the ME2/ME3 engine in place, I thought they might go that way as well.

Most likely, they will just port the PC version to the PS3 and hopefully not be a mess. I doubt they'll port the superior PC version to the 360 for compatibility reasons, though it would be nice.

Man I got ME3 when it was on sale for $30 and ME2 for $20. I should have waited. Depending on the price I might get ME1 on PSN.

This is a really cool set. I've actually never played a single ME. My biggest concern though is I have about 30 sealed games let alone ALL of the free PS+ games are untouched. And these games are probably 30+ hours each....

[quote name='Romeo']This is a really cool set. I've actually never played a single ME. My biggest concern though is I have about 30 sealed games let alone ALL of the free PS+ games are untouched. And these games are probably 30+ hours each....[/QUOTE]
Whatever you have in your backlog... these games are better. ;)

[quote name='barrit']Oh alright. Well at the least I'd expect the PS3 version of ME2 to have the same DLC that was included with the initial PS3 release. It would be easier to ship out the same exact disc, instead of having to create another disc (without the DLC).[/QUOTE]
Most of the DLC was on the disc, but some of it (the ME1 interactive comic, Zaaed squad member, etc.) required a voucher code.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']oh shit, i have 2 on ps3 and 1 on the computer but i would much rather play 1 on ps3. Count me as interested.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Nochance']It would be an unbelievable amount of work to remake ME1 in the ME2 engine. I'm not sure what they plan on doing but I certainly wouldn't expect that. Its more likely just a port of the PC version.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they use the ME 3 engine for ME2 on the PS3 port? Would this require that much more work than that?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Didn't they use the ME 3 engine for ME2 on the PS3 port? Would this require that much more work than that?[/QUOTE]It was a slightly earlier release of the ME3 engine, though for all intents and purposes, it's the same UE3-based engine.

The game mechanics for ME1 versus ME2 and ME3 are completely different, like the changes between Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2. Doing that style of gameplay on a FPS-type engine would need a lot of reworking. What someone else posted about the PC version being ported to the PS3 makes more sense.

would they sale ME 1 only or do u have to buy that bundle and why no steelbook

I own all three games on the Xbox 360, but I'd be all over getting the official trilogy for the PC if they added gamepad/controller support.

Oh man. ME1 on PS3 makes me soooo happy. I'll probably just download it off the PSN even though that collection is very enticing.

This cements my decision to not support/care about Mass Effect 3 on Wii U, or any EA games on Wii U in general.

Good for PS3 owners getting the first one though. I hope it runs better than the 360 version did.

I probably would double dip on this if i didnt already have the limited edition of ME3, and the bad taste in my mouth that the ending gave me.

Any idea if the extended cut is part of the disc now though?

If you guys are right in your speculation and they port the PC version to PS3(I've never had a PC that can run more than indie games) then I may very well play through ME1 again. Such a good game, I didn't even hate the inventory system like so many other people did.

So wouldnt the ME2 include all the dlc? The PS3 versiin includes all but the last. They would use a vanilla version for this on PS3 or a somewhat GOTY on PS3 and not on Xbox.

[quote name='Abeja']So wouldnt the ME2 include all the dlc? The PS3 versiin includes all but the last. They would use a vanilla version for this on PS3 or a somewhat GOTY on PS3 and not on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

If they want to have parity between the two versions of ME2 they'll probably toss in the existing discs but include a download code in the 360 version for the extra content. I don't know if there's space on the 360 discs to include that content even if they wanted to, and I can't imagine that they would press a new version of the Blu-ray just to remove content to bring it in line with the 360 disc.

That or they'll just throw in the existing versions of the games, the PS3 version will have more content and it just is what it is.

Tons of questions about what these sets will actually contain!

[quote name='Blumpkin']I probably would double dip on this if i didnt already have the limited edition of ME3, and the bad taste in my mouth that the ending gave me.

Any idea if the extended cut is part of the disc now though?[/QUOTE]

1. It's free dlc. 2. I'm pretty damn sure they are smarter than that (to not include it)

People often fail to realize that EA published the PC version of Mass Effect 1. EA, NOT MICROSOFT. Microsoft only published the 360 version of the original.

Also, if you have 2 and 3 go trade them in for a total of $20.50 at Amazon, if, like me, you'd rather have the original on disc.

I am actually happy they finally got a deal with Microsoft that allows ME1 on ps3. I haven't touched my 360 in months and it'll be nice to have all the mass effects on one console. Also for those interested I was told that Microsoft is only getting sales profits off of physical copies of ME1 ps3. So that tells me that ME1 will be in physical form on ps3. But it's safe to assume people who already own 2&3 may just get the digital release.

Fantastic deal regardless of what DLC might be included. Too bad I have the CE of all 3 games otherwise I would be all over this.

[quote name='AxleHead']I am actually happy they finally got a deal with Microsoft that allows ME1 on ps3. I haven't touched my 360 in months and it'll be nice to have all the mass effects on one console. Also for those interested I was told that Microsoft is only getting sales profits off of physical copies of ME1 ps3. So that tells me that ME1 will be in physical form on ps3. But it's safe to assume people who already own 2&3 may just get the digital release.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft gets nothing. EA published the PC version, and they have the right to publish the PS3 version without giving Microsoft any royalties whatsoever.

[quote name='roedaniel19']People often fail to realize that EA published the PC version of Mass Effect 1. EA, NOT MICROSOFT. Microsoft only published the 360 version of the original.[/QUOTE]Useful detail to remember. Thank you for pointing that out.

Explains how they'll do ME1 on PS3, which will be to port the PC version. Problem solved.

Please bring out the ps3 version fairly soon after it release on xbox360 and pc, I don't want to wait till 2013.

EA bought the rights to ME1 from MS 6 months after hey bought bioware. And maybe that was why ME2 was exclusive to xbox360

Any word on whether this includes DLC? I'm guessing it won't :(.

Did ME1 have DLC at all? If so, how is that being handled on PS3?

The only thing I don't like is how long it took EA to do this for PS3 users. I've already played 2, and actually just started 3 this week. Luckily for me I've only seen what the demo shows so far, and I wanted to do another playthrough of 2 anyway. May as well wait for this collection and start from scratch, at the very beginning. Just glad they announced it when they did. This was literally all of a sudden, as I search at least once a week for info on the original coming to PS3.

bread's done
Back