Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

Target: on Rt9 Westborough?

Picked up last copy of Shenmue 2 xbox $4.60

They still have 2 copies of MegaMan Network Transmission (GC) for $7.50
one has a bonus disk the other did not.

So we're going back to Target in Marlboro where we got the cheap Ape Escape 2 last Friday. If they're still there I'll be getting a few more.

The only thing I remember from there is teh Exibition 2003 disks, Midtown Madness 3 and a bunch of old ass sports games.

You work/live around there? Maybe some day we can meet up at the snack bar or what ever and trade Amplitude since you have no PayPal account.

im in the bean, went out there to CaG.
also right next to the target in framingham they opened up an eb so its alot easier to trade in lol

Does anyone here know if any there are any places in the Boston area that has dirt cheap prices for ps2/X-box/GC games (like $5 and under)?

I don't care if it's sports, I just need some quick store credit (Gamestop is giving an extra $10 for 3 games)to snatch up Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9 and Ninja Gaiden.

Did anyone go to the new Target in South Bay Plaza that opened today? I know it's doubtful but I'd like to know if there any cheap games there.

With all of the MA CAGers out there and in this forum, we should form a union or a group...so that we can share each other's spoils. How about it? That way we all won't be chasing the same deals, and we can share in the wealth.

[quote name='lurknomore']With all of the MA CAGers out there and in this forum, we should form a union or a group...so that we can share each other's spoils. How about it? That way we all won't be chasing the same deals, and we can share in the wealth.[/quote]

A good idea in theory, but as soon as you "shared the wealth", somebody would buy it all and trade it to EB. I always liked the idea of people helping eachother out, but there's too many selfish people out there.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Did anyone go to the new Target in South Bay Plaza that opened today? I know it's doubtful but I'd like to know if there any cheap games there.[/quote]

Had to work but ill check tommorow, im hoping some clearance games are there( crosses fingers)

Anyone find ESPN Hockey for the PS2 at a MA Target. Sounds like it should be around $7.50 I would like to find this game.

Found a music store in Boston that has some ps2 games (new) for $30.
It's in Dudley Square, right across the street from the Dudley Branch Library.

Final Fantasy X-2
NFL Street
Max Payne 2
ESPN...Football I think
NCCA March Madness 2004
NBA Live 2004
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Socom II

I'm heading out to the Target near the Solomon Pond mall, I'm gonna check the Best Buy near there too because there's some word on the street that Panzer Dragoon Orta is only a pair of Lincoln's.

Alright alright. I started this topic and I haven't posted here in a while. Here are my findings:

Since I'm situated in between Worcester and Framingham I typically only travel to those Target's. Westboro, Marlborough, Worcester, and Framingham. From my experience, the only store that had anything worth purchasing for the PS2 was the Marlborough one, as I've mentioned earlier.

The Westboro and Framingham Targets have nearly nothing for PS2. I don't own an XBox, GBA, nor GC so I don't look at those games. The Worcester Target had plenty of games, just none for real cheap.

Auto Modellista is a mediocre game. GT3 eclipses it in every way except for the 'cool cell shading'. Also, the game is SHORT. What I mean by 'SHORT' is that it won't take you very long to go through the 1 player story mode. I mean it'll take you 1 weekend if you're good at racers. I don't have a modem so I've never played it online.

Ape Escape 2 is a GREAT game although a little childish. It isn't difficult, it isn't easy, it's just plain old fun. One of those 'gotta catch 'em all!' feeling sto it with 300+ monkeys to catch.

If anybody has gone to the new Target that opened up at the South Plaza(or whatever it's called) in Boston let us know! I intend on going there some time within the next week or so, but if anybody gets there before I do feel free to share what information you've gathered.

I went to the Target in South bay earlier and there was nothing good. I did see a few games marked clearance--Star Wars:KOTOR, jimmy Neutron, Calbera hunting--but they still had $20-30 price tags.

It's been awhile I gots to bump this topic.

Haven't found nothing to great in awhile aside from the $5-10 games at Best Buy (Landmark center and Cambridge Galleria).

Nice finds at BB, Strider. I've never tried the one at Landmark Center (green line = yuck).

I just realized that there's an EB at Copley Place, second floor I think. So if anyone is ever in Boston's Back Bay area, there's the EB in Copley, GS in the Pru, and Newbury Comics on Newbury.

I went to Newbury Comics today but they had nothing really good. All the stuff I called myself hiding a few weeks ago (Rez, Timeplitters. etc) were gone.

But does anyone here know of a store in Boston that will buy strategy guides? Cash or credit, I don't care which 'cuz I have a closet full of guides from as far back as the psone days and I really need to get rid of them.

I've found some stuff you Boston guys might been interested in.

-Circuit City in Dedham has 1 copy of Disgaea at full price.

-EB in Copely Mall has a used and complete copy of Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast for $25

-CD Spins, a record store behind the Firestation in Copely had--
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow--$27
The Sims: Bustin' Out $25 on XBOX $22 on Gamecube
Final Fantasy X2 $27
NFL Street $27
Panzer Dragoon Orta $15
50% off all PSONE games until April 30. Kinda pissed 'cuz someone bought that complete copy of Street Fighter Collection I wanted. :?

This seems like a good store in general to buy used copies of fairly new games because they are very strict with disc condition and most games never go over $30. I'll be checking back at this place until I see an XBOX Hitman Contracts for $30 or under!!

I'm a fellow mass gamer. Just thought i'd make my presence known.
Anyone live near the RI border? Check out the woonsocket gamestop. They have pretty good deals on decent games.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']I'm a fellow mass gamer. Just thought i'd make my presence known.
Anyone live near the RI border? Check out the woonsocket gamestop. They have pretty good deals on decent games.[/quote]

I'll be waiting outside for you. In a van. But I'll take you to where there's candy and puppy dogs. Promise. Just get in.

CD Spins sounds like a good spot. I know there is one at Downtown Crossing but I have not gone in, maybe now I should. Has anyone had any luck in there?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']But does anyone here know of a store in Boston that will buy strategy guides? Cash or credit, I don't care which 'cuz I have a closet full of guides from as far back as the psone days and I really need to get rid of them.[/quote]

There is a place in Cambridge, Harvard Square that buys Strat. Guides for 50 cents to a $1.00. It is in the Garage. The store is called All Your Game, and it is located in a little snook of the stairwell. When you stop by the little shop, tell him that the guy upstairs @ Tokyo Kid sucks. It's an inside joke.

I went there last summer, didn't know that guy would buy strategy guides. I have a whole bunch, some even from the .01 BB sales (I hope he doesn't know about those :p ) and there was lots of stuff I wanted to buy from there.
There was a kick ass mint Turbo Graphx 16 there, if I see next time I go I'm scoping it.

And I didn't know there was CD Spins in Downtown crossing, I'll check that place out on Saturday.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']But does anyone here know of a store in Boston that will buy strategy guides? Cash or credit, I don't care which 'cuz I have a closet full of guides from as far back as the psone days and I really need to get rid of them.[/quote]

There is a place in Cambridge, Harvard Square that buys Strat. Guides for 50 cents to a $1.00. It is in the Garage. The store is called All Your Game, and it is located in a little snook of the stairwell. When you stop by the little shop, tell him that the guy upstairs @ Tokyo Kid sucks. It's an inside joke.[/quote]

Hey I've been there a couple times! Did you know they closed down Chibi Toys? Tokyo Kid is a really good store, and All Your Game is a tiny, tiny, hole in the wall (literally) place. Prices = decent, nothing to leave home for, but if you're around, interesting to check out.

Cool knowing that there are a lot of Massachusetts CAGs.

Thanks Strider - I'm gonna try and pick up Panzer dragoon orta.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']But does anyone here know of a store in Boston that will buy strategy guides? Cash or credit, I don't care which 'cuz I have a closet full of guides from as far back as the psone days and I really need to get rid of them.[/quote]

There is a place in Cambridge, Harvard Square that buys Strat. Guides for 50 cents to a $1.00. It is in the Garage. The store is called All Your Game, and it is located in a little snook of the stairwell. When you stop by the little shop, tell him that the guy upstairs @ Tokyo Kid sucks. It's an inside joke.[/quote]

Hey I've been there a couple times! Did you know they closed down Chibi Toys? Tokyo Kid is a really good store, and All Your Game is a tiny, tiny, hole in the wall (literally) place. Prices = decent, nothing to leave home for, but if you're around, interesting to check out.[/quote]

Chibi Toys, Tokyo Kid, and All Your Game are all owned by the same guy. It's the same company, and everything that was once in Chibi Toys is in the Tokyo Kid shop.

For anyone interested, here is what I found at Gamestop in Field's Corners

PSONE
Suikoden I--$30
Vandal Hearts II $20 (there were two copies out in the racks, one had a real mint looking original case I assume they have at least one mint and complete copy)
Guilty Gear $15
Xenogears Greatest Hits--$18
Kartia--$13
Hosigami: Ruining Blue Earth $35 NEW!!!
Legend of Mana $25 NEW!!!!

They have used copies of Disgaea for $45. It could be less as the box may not have the updated price. Something to remember when they have their buy two get one free sale again.

All Dreamcast items are 30% off. Not much of a selection but they did have Marvel vs Capcom 1 (just the CD) and part 2.

Hey, I am a Mass CAG. I live on the South shore near Plymouth. Let me know if anyone in this area needs help finding stuff as I regularly go around looking for deals.

BTW: my TRU has a copy of Hoshigami for $21 if anyone's interested...

Here's another Mass gamer... I usually go to the Target and Circuit City in Somerville. I haven't found much stuff in the Target, but the CC almost always has what I'm looking for. Where is this CD Spin? I work near Downtown Crossing but I don't think I've ever seen it...

CD Spins in Downtrown crossing (just a brief walk up the street from Sam Goody) had Power Stone (DC), Destrega, Fighters Impact (import) and some other stuff I can't remember.

The one in Copely had Red Dead Revolver for $22 on XBOX.
Strawberries in Downtown Crossing has a neat deal where you save $5 on each game when you buy 4 or more. This a good way to get PH/GH/PC titles or some of the 9.99 psone games.

I've seen Mobile Light Force, Wu Tang and Wild 9 for $10 and Arc the Lad Collection rung up at $30 (new copy I suppose).

Dunno about the Worchester store but the one in Landmark Center still has:

-Banjo Kazooie (GBA)
-Jimmy Neutron
-Battlebots
-Spyro
-Ultimate muscle

xbox
Apex
Big Mutha Truckers
Disney skateboarding
Dino Crisis 3
Italian Job
Xbox Exhibition disc 2 and 3 for .99 [remember that you get the full Jpn. Capcom vs SNK 2: EO on volume 2]

GC
NCCA Football 2004
Reign of Fire
Pacman World 2
Star Wars Clone wars
Haunted Mansion

PS2
Disney Skateboard
Everquest Online adventures

That's all I can remember

Anyone know what's available at the Cambridge and Dedham best buy stores?

I really wanna get a copy of the following games
-Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
-Wario World
-Guilty gear x2
-Wario Ware Inc (GBA)
-I-Ninja
-Freedom Fighters (ANY)
-Gladius
-Mega Man Network Transmission
-Godzilla Destory all monsters
-Golden sun
-Dynasty Tactics 2
-Blowout
-Goblin Commander
-Pulse Racer
-The Thing

Please let me know if you seen any of these at one of the 2 stores (and didn't buy it of course).

I went to the one in Nashua, NH and they didnt have the sale on any games except for NCAA for 4.99 GC

bread's done
Back