Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

I guess that's the price you pay for living in/near large metropolitan areas. Between Saugus, Cambridgeside, and Landmark, all the millions of people with disposable income (or $5.24 in this case) all can get to the punch pretty easily.

I live like 10 minutes walk from Cambridgeside and have yet to buy a game there, because, between all the damn people in the city and greedy employees, there's hardly ever anything worth buying, left.

Ah, gotta love the Bean.

The employees in the Cambridge Galleria Best Buy are ALWAYS snatching up the best deals before anyone else gets a chance. That's why I need to go and befriend some more of those workers (my old buddies left).

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The employees in the Cambridge Galleria Best Buy are ALWAYS snatching up the best deals before anyone else gets a chance. That's why I need to go and befriend some more of those workers (my old buddies left).[/quote]

You and me both.

[quote name='Mex25']was just wondering if anyone saw any $5 games at the best buys at liberty tree mall or square one mall[/quote]

Like evilmax, I checked Square One and also Liberty Tree. There is nothing at either one. Not one $5 game. :(

Edit: Has anyone checked Framingham Best Buy @ Shopper's World? I haven't had a chance to get out there (mostly because of MA's lacking in this sale). Thanks!

Going off the topic of the BB fiasco. the Target in South Bay Plaza has exactly 1 copy of True Crime for XBOX and one for PS2.

All it takes is for one person to buy it and it's a 49% raincheck!!!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Best Buy has been good to me. Not that I found most of the stuff I wanted, just that some of those $5 have a good resell value at FYE.[/quote]

You're right about that... I got the last copy of NCAA Football 2004 at the BB in Saugus and took it in to Strawberries for $26 cash :D I almost had a heart attack when she told me the trade in value.

Damn..the strawberries downtown rejected like 7 of my games yesterday (apparently having more than 1 copy of a game means they are full). I'm trying again today, if that doesn't work then fuck it, I'll go to another FYE store and settle for store credit.

And the best buy in Landmark center has some double pack ps2 games for $5!

Spyro/Pac Man World 2
Crash/Splashdown
Ace Combat 4/Midnight Club

Not the best set of games but you can't beat 2 for $5 and they have like at least 8 sets for each.

Somene let us know if you find something similar in the Dedham, Cambridge, or whatever BB you go to.

I also seen
Ultimate Muscle (GBA, jeez nobody wants this I take it?)
Big Mutha Truckas (XBOX, 1 copy)
Disney Extreme Skate adventure (1 copy on XBOX, 3 on GC)
I-Ninja 1 copy (GC)
Star Wars: Clone wars (GC, about 3 copies)
Star Wars Starfighter (XBOX, 2 copies)
Jimmy Neutron (GBA) 1 Copy
Smash Cars (PS2)

For 9.99
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis (plenty of copies) PS2
Tony Hawk 3 (GC)

They also had some ps1 games for $5 like Tomb Raider 3 and Crash 3, didn't pay much attention. They still have one copy of Putter Golf, which is .99 cents. Some bastard bought like 8 copies of 102 Dalmations on Tuesday when it was .99 cents.

Forgot to add these games and I'm forgetting more.

$9.99
Legend of Legaia (about 4 copies)
Winback (1 copy)
er...some 9.99 bowling game on xbox
Pac Man Fever (GC)
Gamecube Demo Disc (I'm personally waiting a further reduction)
Star Wars/Tetris worlds (XBOX)
Tony Hawk 2X (XBOX)

$15
Timesplitters (GC)
Future Tactics (PS2)
Max Payne (XBOX)

$15 after GGC
Breakdown
Pirates of the Carribean
TMNT (XBOX, GBA)
Onimusha Tacticcs

Oh, and Jet set radio/Sega GT STILL rings up for $100!!!

Maybe I'll take a ride out to Framingham next week, since I haven't heard anything about that store. It'll probably be too late, but I'll report back if I find anything.

Landmark Best Buy is pretty much done with $5 stuff. All they had left was Jet X520 (or something), JImmy Neutron and Ultimate Muscle.

Anyone find a Blockbuster store that is doing the 50% off all games promotion?

I called 4 Blockbuster stores in Boston and 1 in Quincy, none of them is doing the 50% off deal.

The Malden BLockbuster is the best store I went to so far though. They had tons of used games for sale last time I went a few months ago.

[quote name='moiety']Maybe I'll take a ride out to Framingham next week, since I haven't heard anything about that store. It'll probably be too late, but I'll report back if I find anything.[/quote]

By now you've probably already been to the BB in Framingham, so I'm probably too late to save you a trip. :) But I was there early last week, and I didn't see anything.

-- J

[quote name='Mex25']was just wondering if anyone saw any $5 games at the best buys at liberty tree mall or square one mall[/quote]

I stopped by Square One a couple of weeks back and was able to grab the last copy of Wakeboarding Unleashed (Xbox) for $5. That's about all I saw, though.

They also had a bunch of copies of the NOT-FOR-RESALE Tetris/Clone Wars (also Xbox) bundle. But they were charging 10 bucks for that. Though technically that's like 2 $5 games. Kinda, sorta...

-- J

The heat was fine during the day but sucks when your trying to sleep. :p

Circuit City in Dedham had(most of these were posted already in another thread, I'm just relating what is available)
La Pucelle--$45
Theif (XBOX) $35, use the Target $15 coupon to knock it down to $20!
Command and Conquer 2 (PC)$3
Halo (PC) $10
Alter Echo $5
Shenmue II $5
Starksy and Hutch $5
DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 $5
Wild 9 $5

Best buy in Dedham had crap. I've never seen such barren shelves at a Best Buy.

Strawberries in Dedham has a used copy of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow for $25. It comes with the original box but it looks a little beat up.

If you can score a copy of NCCA Football 2004 on Gamecube ($5 at Best Buy) you can get it in for $26 and just pay tax to get it.

Or you can buy Go Go Hypergrind at an EB store for $13 and trade it in for $26 credit. Roadkill on Gamecube is $4.98 at TRU and went for $24 s couple of months ago....

Just a heads up for those looking for the game. I'd get it myself but it'll be at least a month before I can get back to Dedham.

Any Mass gamers have some good luck with the CC clearance? All I could find at the Leominster store was Mega Man X7, but I only had a few games that I was looking for.

I found lots of games at CC in Dedham, including Disgaea for $5. They still have a decent stock of them but they put them in the backroom until sunday. a woman who worked there also told me they might get more stuff in before sunday.

Edit: Just read a lot of posts on this site and there is way too much hostility about the CC deal here so I'm deleting my whiny rant on it.

I was in Worcester today so I stopped by the Millbury store. Still a few games left there. Still some P.N. 03 left (minus the one I grabbed), some RE: Code Veronica for the GC, and some others. They were starting to move them into 4.99 bins while I was there, so there might not be much left by now. I did also see some MGS2: Substance for the X-Box that they missed when putting the bins together, so good chance those are still there. That's about all I saw, but I didn't really look very closely at the X-Box games.

EDIT: They also had MegaMan Network Transmission for GC

I got my Mega Man NT for $5 at CC last month on a BB PM!

I forgot about this one (seen it last week) but any of you Boston CAGer's who can get to Dudley Square in Roxbury can get your hands on~

-Hitman Contracts (XBOX, ps2)
-Chronicles of Riddick
-Final Fantasy X-2
-Manhunt (Ps2 and I THINK XBOX)
NBA Live 2004

Can't remember the rest since i was just taking a quick peek but there were at least 20 more and they are all $30 brand new.

Just bumping this thread to see if there are any other cheap games in the Boston area... I saw THUG for the cube for $20 and ESPN 2K5 for the PS2 for $15 after a $5 rebate at the downtown crossing Strawberries.

I haven't run into any more deals worth posting (because I bought the only/last ones) but if your looking for psone games, then you want to go to CD SPINS. All of their psone games are 50% and I've been able to pick up the likes of Mega Man Legends 2 and Castlevania: SOTN for under $10.

Also, the Strawberries at Downtown Crossing still has

-Arc the Lad Collection-$30
-King of Fighters EX--15
-Klonoa on GBA---15
Contra Shattered Soldier used--$15

I picked up Dragonball Z arcade stick there last week for $9.99.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I haven't run into any more deals worth posting (because I bought the only/last ones) but if your looking for psone games, then you want to go to CD SPINS. All of their psone games are 50% and I've been able to pick up the likes of Mega Man Legends 2 and Castlevania: SOTN for under $10.

Also, the Strawberries at Downtown Crossing still has

-Arc the Lad Collection-$30
-King of Fighters EX--15
-Klonoa on GBA---15
Contra Shattered Soldier used--$15

I picked up Dragonball Z arcade stick there last week for $9.99.[/quote]

NIce, I'll have to check CD Spins tomorrow during lunch. I've seen the Arc the Lad Collection, but isn't it labelled $59.99 or something?

The CD Spins is on the block where the Sam Goody is. When you get to the Sam Goody, take a right on the street leading towards the Commons and it will be on the left.

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']Is CD Spins in downtown?[/quote]

Yeah, I found 3 different stores.
One is downtown, a little up the street from Sam Goody.
Another is right next to Newbury Comics in Back Bay, and yet another is down the street from Forest Hills Station (the 39 bus passes right by it).

And yeah, Arc the Lad is labeled 59.99 but I scanned it and it came up as $29.99.

I already have it so I never bought it, but if it ever dropped to under $20 I'd snatch it up.

Sam Goody has Grandia Xtreme but it's still $49.99 and they didn't have much in the way of clearance titles. I seen a Capcom racing game for XBOX that had a 50% off sticker on it as well as Wild Arms 3 for 75% off ( I bought one and I think it was the last copy)

Newbury Comics, right next to State train station, has Wild Arms 2 for psx for $10. Been there for a while too.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']And yeah, Arc the Lad is labeled 59.99 but I scanned it and it came up as $29.99. [/quote]

Wow, that's pretty good. How good are the games? I haven't heard much about them since I just got a PS1 recently. At that price, I might have to pick it up though.

I only played through the first Arc, I thought it was great despite the gameplay being heavily dated. I stopped playing the second Arc just because I had tons of other games at the time and never went back to finish it.

The DNC at my doorstep has prevented me from being able to venture out to seek cheap games!

Altho I did manage to run to Cambridgeside...low stocks (all consoles) at BB and EB, but there was a sale at the KBToys on some games.

Anyone see any celebs?

[quote name='O-Dog']The DNC at my doorstep has prevented me from being able to venture out to seek cheap games!

Altho I did manage to run to Cambridgeside...low stocks (all consoles) at BB and EB, but there was a sale at the KBToys on some games.

Anyone see any celebs?[/quote]

No celebs, but I thought it was funny how there's a big Bud Light sign on the side of the Fleet Center. The official beer of the DNC? :lol:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I just hope Destrega and Kensei: Sacred Fist is still there next week. Not great games as far as I know but pretty hard to find, especially complete.[/quote]

I can pass by today on my way to Strawberries, so let me know if you want me to pick them up for you.

I didn't pick up the Arc the Lad collection at Strawberries, but it's still sitting there if anybody's interested. They also had a DragonBall Z arcade stick for $9.99, which I also left.

Thanks, but I'll just get those two games another time, I'm saving up to get the Hard Drive Device (better than buying yet another memory card at this point for me) from FYE this week since it comes with the $30 MIR.

Strawberries put out a bunch of dreamcast games for $2.99. Some I remember are Typing of the Dead (used), AlienFront w/mic, PSO, PSO ver. 2, and some sports games.

Oh and I price checked SOA:Legends for the Gamecube, but it's still at $43.99 even though they're only offering $8 trade in value...

Alright! More Dreamcast games, I'll have to check those out this week.

Here is some stuff of note that I seen today~

Circuit City in Dedham
About 3 copies of Bombastic left, $4.96 each
Lots of copies of R: Racing Evolution, Gladiator Sword of Vengeance, Goblin Commander (XBOX), Rouge OPS, and Maximum Chase. $10 each.
Road Rash Jailbreak, Medal of Honor Infiltrator for GBA were also $10.

Blockbuster (American Legion Highway)
3 brand new copies of Castlevania: SOTN Greatest Hits $15
Mega Man Legends 2 $15
Buy One Get One 50% off used games in effect but nothing to great
Resident Evil Outbreak and Syphon Filter were $30 I think.
Hitman Contracts on ps2 for $40, Treasure Planet for $15, Alias for $20

Sears in Dedham
Splashdown (XBOX) $10.97
Star Wars/Tetris World 24.88 This is actually a rip off as the game aren't sealed. I don't know why I'm posting it.

PSONE car adapter was in a clearance bin. 75% off it's marked price. They also had some controller for psone for like $5.

Blockbuster (Dedham, in the same strip mall as Strawberries)
No Buy one Get 50% off the second game but lots of games were put out.
Lunar 2 (just the jewel case and game) $15
Tomba 2 $15
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (XBOX) $13
Mega Man Anniverary Collection Gamecube $20---I'm not sure if this is new or used. I think it's new.

Grand Theft Auto DOuble Pack (XBOX) $35 Looks new.

Lunar 2 and Tomba will be $1.99 in Januray..if they last that long.

Strawberries
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (XBOX) $30 used
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow $25 used

bread's done
Back