Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

The Virgin Store had a bin full of games that were 'from 19.99 to 9.99'.

-Guilty Gear X (GBA)
-Shenmue II
-Buffy Chaos Bleeds (XBOX, PS2)
-Kessen II
-Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
-Bombastic
-Shadow Hearts
-Freedom Fighters
-The Sims (Gamecube)

There was more but I can't remember them.

Picked up Arc the Lad Collection at the Downtown Crossing Strawberries for $30, thanks Strider. The computer said they had 2 in stock, so there should still be 1 more.

Contra is also still there for $15 used.

Just order from ebgames.com when they restock. I think they're back in stock now.

Most of the ones I've been to have lots of them though. If I didn't already have two, I'd buy a couple. Best deal in gaming today.

Nah, I just went to the South Bay Mall store. No Rez or Disgaea but still some $10 goodness.

Soul Calibur (GC)--a few copies $10
King of Fighters 2000/2001--few copies $15
Deus Ex (XBOX) Plenty of copies $10
Wario World $15..I think I got the last copy
Prince of Persia XBOX 1 copy I seen $10
Beyond Good and Evil PLenty of copies $10 (XBOX)
Zoocube (GBA)
Sneakers
Dark Angel
Can't remember the rest I seen in the bins, mostly left overs from the BOGO sale.

I heard that in October they will reduce these prices even more so I'm going to get what I really want and wait for the others to drop.

Went to Alewife and South Bay Toys R Us's.

Alewife had next to nothing. A few Dreamcast leftovers, picked up Death Crimson OX and Typing of the Dead, rang up b1g1 free but at $10. They did have VF4 Evo but I didn't buy it.

South bay had a few copies of Deus Ex, Silent Hill 3, Clock Tower 3, Crimson Skies... However, the cashier demanded to see an ID before I could buy the games. ID? What the hell? I didn't have my ID on me so she only let me buy Crimson Skies. I've never heard of such bullshit in my life. I'm 21 and I look old. This is not beer and cigarettes here... Is being an asshole a prerequisite for working at Toys R Us?

Only non-sports DC title I saw there was Illbleed. Again, couldn't buy it.

Didn't see King of Fighters or Beyond Good and Evil.

They did have Secret Weapons Over Normady but I already have a copy.

Toys R Us can kiss my ass, and this sale aside, I'll never shop there again.

UPDATE: Had a friend pick up Silent Hill 3 and Clock Tower 3, they seemed to be out of Deus Ex. And they didn't ask her for her ID.

If anyone is interested, Strawberries downtown had a couple of (new) copies of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for $15.

Just my luck I don't have any money for another 2 weeks.

I went to the TRU in Dedham last weekend and they had plenty of .1 guides and several 50% off games including Prince of Persia, Deus Ex, and Beyond Good and Evil, and Fatal Frame (all XBOX). The woman behind the counter said she saw Rez recently but neither of us could find it on the floor or behind the counter.

Some good deals at the Downtown CD SPINS
$27
Siren (ps2)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Spiderman 2 (PS2)

.hack part 1--$15
.hack part 2--$20

Way of the Samurai 2.....$14!!!!!! I'd have been all over that if I didn't buy it earlier this month.

ESPN 2K5 (XBOX) $14
Timesplitters 2 (XBOX) $9

Strawberries has Klonoa and King of Fighters EX Neo Blood on GBA for $15 and Chu Chu Rocket for $20 (it says $40 but rings up at $20)

What's up guys?
I haven't been around for a while, been busy lately.
With what you ask? Law school, I'm at Suffolk.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knows of any deals for Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and/or Phantom Brave?

Thanks.

Outside of Target Rainchecks and trades in I can't think of any. FYE should carry SF: AC so you might want to go to EB or Gamestop and get either Black & Bruised (Gamecube only), Go Go Hypergrind, Pro Race Driver (XBOX only), or Motor Trend Lotus Challenge (XBOX only). These bad boys cost no more than $15 at EB or Gamestop and FYE takes them for $27 dollars in credit. Just add the additional $4.50 to cover the rest. that's what I plan on doing later on this week.

So you're telling me that if I go to EB or Gamestop, buy a copy of Black and Bruised (GC) for $15, and then take it to FYE and trade it in, I'll get $27 in return or a $12 profit?

So, in essence, I could do that 3 times and then I would have made $36 in profits and then pick up SF:AC and still walk away with about $4 in profit?

That sounds too good to be true. The only problem is that I don't know of any FYE in my area. The closest one I can think of is in the South Shore Plaza Mall. Conveniently, there's an EB right next to it, haha.

But thanks for your input man, that was great. If I was a girl I'd let you do things to me. AHAHAHA

[quote name='Kidtrunks1128']
So you're telling me that if I go to EB or Gamestop, buy a copy of Black and Bruised (GC) for $15, and then take it to FYE and trade it in, I'll get $27 in return or a $12 profit?

So, in essence, I could do that 3 times and then I would have made $36 in profits and then pick up SF:AC and still walk away with about $4 in profit?

That sounds too good to be true. The only problem is that I don't know of any FYE in my area. The closest one I can think of is in the South Shore Plaza Mall. Conveniently, there's an EB right next to it, haha.

But thanks for your input man, that was great. If I was a girl I'd let you do things to me. AHAHAHA
[/quote]

Strawberries and Coconuts are the same thing as fye

It's nothing to get too exicted over but if your ever in the area, you might wanna check out the Circuit City in South shore Plaza.

They still have games from the $5 clearance in stock....and they still have their outdated price tags.

The selection of games aren't worth going crazy over. It's more like a bunch of Dreamcast games, Soul of the Samurai, New Legends, Evergrace, etc.

I did see some copies of Silent Scope Complete there. Still marked at $29.99 and it will ring up as $10 at the registers.

Sam Goody in the mall also has a selection of used games.
A couple of used Breath of Fire 5's for $13
A used Castlevania: COTM for about $13
A used R.A.D. for $14.

FYE in Arsenal Mall has a new Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS2) for A$30. A new XBOX version is $70 (!) No, I don't know why either.

hey i liveon cape cod so it's rough going to N. Dartmouth
just to check deals.
The Hyannis stores are always packed so deals are few and far between.
I've been looking for a copy of Ape Escape 2 if anyone is sick of their copy. I can paypal. I saw the guy who started this thread a year ago has one so maybe he'll see this.

hey i just wanted to chime in here and say that my ports of call usually include (but not limited to)
N Dartmouth
Fall River
Seekonk
Swansea
Attelboro
Providence

Couldn't find an Ape Escape 2 anywhere. I have a copy but I don't wanna part with it.

Here is stuff I saw from the past couple of weeks.

Cambridge Toys R US
Sword of Mana--$8.98
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2) $9
Hitman 2 (Ps2) $6.48
Bloodrayne (XBOX) $4.98 (this is free if you have that $10 off any two games coupon)
Skygunner $25
Blood Omen 2 $10
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X $6.48
Red Faction $6.48
Medabots (GBA) $5.98
Chaos Legion $10
Devil May Cry $10
Wing Commander Prophecy $8
Some arcade classics compilation...can't rememer the name but I think it was Midway's...about $6.98

Dedham Toys R US
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow $17
Virtua Tennis (GBA) $5
XIII (PS2) $5.48
Beyond Good and Evil $8-9
Fatal Frame II (PS2) $20

Dedham Sears
Kingdom Under Fire $14--three copies left

Oh yeah, Record Town (aka FYE) in the Copley Mall is closing down. Right now everything is 20-50% off.

All games are 20% off and accessories are 25%...I expect these numbers to drop within the next few weeks.

oh no not that Record Town with the car in the front window? that place had some pretty rare stuff if i remember correctly, like anime and death metal dvds.

Downtown Cd-Spins has (all for gamecube).

Prince of Persia: WW $27
Resident Evil Code Veronica X $25
MariO Kart Double Dash $27

Ps2
Final Fantasy 11 Chains of Prometha $15

thanks man, appreciate it!

edit- if you have any luck i'd be willing to give a little compensation for your help... :wink:

[quote name='Kuma']check TRU, it may be a long shot but every TRU in the area had at least 50 on sunday[/quote]

just ordered online from tru via fatwallet...thanks guys

(beats driving to the nearest tru...in dorchester :p )

I have had the best cheapass day ever! Rather than brag I'll post some great deals.

Dedham TRU--Fatal Frame II $12xx
PowerPuff Girls (Gamecube) $11xx
Castlevania LoI: $10xx
Resident Evil Code Veronica X $5xx
Wing Commander Prophecy $4.xx (it's free if you use 'that' coupon)
Bloodrayne (PS2) $5xx
Soul Cali 2 (Ps2) $7xx

Backbay NewBury Comics
Fable $20
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II $30

Both should are used & complete andshould be in great condition, Newbury is picky about CD condition.

TRU in Northgate mall is goiung out of business last day is the 21st
games are 30% off
dvds are 40% off
toys 30-80% off
some slim pickins onthe toys but tons of dvds and games

Cool, gotta check out that TRU. Hopefully I can get down there before the end of the month.

Here are some deals I've seen.

Downtown Boston Cd-Spins has Goldeneye Rouge Agent on Gamecube for $27.

And apparently, Gamestop in the prudental center has Suikoden II & Tactics Ogre (psx)in stock! Nice time to take advantage of it since they also have a buy two get one free special going on. I heard the employees talking about it yesterday and I just saw it listed as in stock on the website.

Just got in from TRU in Revere. The place looks like a ghost town. 40% off computer games and they do have Sims 2 if anyone is interested in that. 30% off of games but nothing too impressive. I mean the aisles are ransacked basically but there is some stuff behind the counter. Nothing extraodinary but if you want to save a few bucks off full price on some stuff check it out.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Oh yeah, anyone find a Blockbuster that has the same or similar trade in promotions as a Gamerush?[/quote] not that ive seen

OK who wiped out Alewife Tru with the coupon?? guy said someone bought 85 games left none for me.

Dedham TRu - Ps0ne screen is 23.95

Was Skygunner still at the Alewife TRU? That was like the only green tagged game on the shelf ( a week before christmas) the hoader didn't touch.

Strawberries has buy 3 get one free on used games. A merely ok selection with ok prices with the only two standouts were Baiten Katos ($35) and Bloodrayne 2 ($36)

[quote name='"Strider Turbulence"']Was Skygunner still at the Alewife TRU? That was like the only green tagged game on the shelf ( a week before christmas) the hoader didn't touch. /quote]

think so left it cuz i found it a t BB while back for 6$

Newbury Comics in Harvard Square

All used

Paper Mario ($35)
Burnout 3 (PS2) ($35)
Knight of the Old Republic II (The rest are $30)
Mario Party 6 (Doesn't look like it comes with....that thing.)
Def Jam II (PS2)
X-men Legends (PS2 & GC)

$15
The Guy Game (ps2)

Desperate Plea: Anyone find a CC or Target in the boston area that still has a FFXI hardrive for under $50?

Don't bother with the TRU in Alewife, it's been picked clean. The South Bay store still has some decent stuff though. Lots of R: Revolution on Gamecube.

Speaking of this thread, did anybody else know that the TRU in Saugus closed down? We were going to check it out and were met with a sign that said "Store closed. Thanks for shopping 'R us."

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']

Don't bother with the TRU in Alewife, it's been picked clean. The South Bay store still has some decent stuff though. Lots of R: Revolution on Gamecube.[/quote]

:( Thanks for saving me the tip strider. Also the TRU up in nashua, NH was empty in case anyone cares. Also no FFXI at the CC up there either

The Dedham TRU was wiped out good as well. All they had left was a couple of n64 games, strategy guides ( lots of Soul Cali II ones in great shape), and GBA accessories.

They did have one copy of Castlevania: Aria of sorrow for $17xx.

CD Spins (Hyde Park)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (non-gh) $7
Final Fantasy 8 (non-gh) $5
Romance of the three kingdoms 4 (psx) $10|
Tail of the Sun $4

A bunch of OXM demos for $1
Metroid Prime (disc only) $6
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 $15

Who cleared out the TRU in Peabody, MA at the Northshore Mall? I was there the other day and they had a bin of 10 or so Mojos (I got one for myself). I went back today to get one of the Soul Caliber 2 guides, and noticed that the bin had been wiped clean. Anybody here?

[quote name='evilmax17']Who cleared out the TRU in Peabody, MA at the Northshore Mall? I was there the other day and they had a bin of 10 or so Mojos (I got one for myself). I went back today to get one of the Soul Caliber 2 guides, and noticed that the bin had been wiped clean. Anybody here?[/quote]

I don't think they had much to begin with. I went there last Wednesday and they had a bunch of Black & Bruised, 1 Colin Mcrae 03, and that was about all I saw. The guy working in the department seemed like he was stilling putting stuff out but I couldn't wait around.

I was in that area yesterday but I didn't go in. The only reason I was down there was to buy a new bass amp at Guitar Center and trade in some old equipment.

I also haven't been to the TRU in Woburn yet either. I don't think I'll go since everything is probably wiped out anyway.

bread's done
Back