Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

bah. I waited too long for the TRU going out of business sale, and missed out on cold fear, VJ2, and bloodrayne 2 for less than 8$ each.

The Best Buy in Landmark Center had a table out today with Nintendo system bundles at 40% off.

Several Pokemon XD Gamecube bundles, about $60 after discount. (tagged at $99.99)

A Bundle featuring 3 or 4 games, an memory card, and a cube for a little under $100 after discount. (tagged at $159.99)

And a GBA SP (newer model) with a few games for a little under $80 after discount. (tagged at $129.99)

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Is holyoke the one off the masspike? There was one I stopped in a few times but I thought it was auburn.[/QUOTE]

No I think that is the shity (last time I went) mall. That place is a dump.

Holyoke Mall is in Holyoke which is off I-91 between Springfield and Northampton.

[quote name='bruceleeah']i saw a used gitaroo man complete for $40 at eb in the square one mall.[/QUOTE]

condition? i m ay have to make the drive to saugus

I'll just double post it here...

The Holyoke Mall TRU...

Polarid or whatever the DS puzzle game is called was $5, Metriod Prime Pinball and Trace Memory were 50% of $35.

They had at least a hundred Baiten whatever it is called for the GC, but it was still $25.

They also had some cheap, cheap PS2 DDR pads, no price through.

Oh and they had a GBA Poker game for $3, but I still thought that was a ripoff, and this Pinball game, worth which I heard were terrible.

The Downtown Strawberries story (boston) has a few Xbox 360 games used for $39.99. Condemned, Madden, Need for Speed, and I think Fifa. The best part is that they have a 20% off used dvd/games promo going on too.

Sam's Club in Natick had Premium 360 Bundles.

Premium System, extra wireless controller, and Play N' Charge Kit for $449.99.

I'm not too familiar with 360 prices so I can't really tell you the deal quality but they ahve them so that's something.

*coughs*

Almost one month without a reply. This is so sad.

The Sears at Cambridgeside still has games locked under glass and key that might warrant a visit to check for things from the ongoing 50% clearance if no one's been there lately.

On a side note: Anyone remember seeing a Red Octane Drum Controller around these parts? That ugly box seems familiar, but I can't recall where I may have passed it by.

[quote name='Hibiwa']*coughs*

Almost one month without a reply. This is so sad.

The Sears at Cambridgeside still has games locked under glass and key that might warrant a visit to check for things from the ongoing 50% clearance if no one's been there lately.

On a side note: Anyone remember seeing a Red Octane Drum Controller around these parts? That ugly box seems familiar, but I can't recall where I may have passed it by.[/QUOTE]

EB games in the Galleria Mall used to have it but alas, it's been pennied out and probably gone.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']any warioware touched at galleria?[/quote]

I don't remember seeing Touched, but Twisted was still at the EB in the Galleria last week at 19.99.

Call EB or Sears if you want a definite answer on Warioware Touched.

Anyone know of a place where I could find Trauma Center (new/used)? The Cambridgeside Galleria, Prudential, & Copley Malls don't have it. =(

[quote name='dafoomie']Anybody know if that huge goodwill in Roxbury is worth checking out for older games?[/QUOTE]

Went there last week on a whim. All they had was one of those Backyard Sports games on PC.

[quote name='pseudohymn']Anyone know of a place where I could find Trauma Center (new/used)? The Cambridgeside Galleria, Prudential, & Copley Malls don't have it. =([/QUOTE]

The Best Buy in Watertown has some a few weeks ago but I'm not sure if they are still around.

I have no idea if they still have them, but the BEst Buy in Shoppers World in Natick had about 50 of them during christmas.l

I live in Canton so as deals arise around my region I'll post up for yall ok , dedham, brockton, dorchester, braitree, norwood, southbay, tuanton, e.tc cambridge tooo I used to work around there alot! btw any one start checking block buster game clearances yet?

The Block Buster in East Boston looked like it had been pretty cleaned out, yet I didn't see any sales signs. I'll have to go back and ask.

I visited the block buster in hyde park on truman hway and they had some games on sale but none were marked down as listed here no sale banners or anything remote they were clueless when i did a price check on "SIREN" for ps2 and it rang up as 17.99 bleh ........I left with a sour taste in my mouth and no psp accesories like mem sticks either booooooooooooooo.........

ODV out!

Any 1 here had betr luck than I did?

You were probably looking at their used games, no clearance on those.

Strawberries in Watertown Mall has
Hitman Blood Money (ps2) $19.99 used
Call of Duty 2 (x360) $39.99 used

They currently have an extra 20% off promo of used merchandise to make it even sweeter.

anyone know where i could get advance wars ds at a circuit city? i went to one in natick, but there were none.

[quote name='DCot']anyone know where i could get advance wars ds at a circuit city? i went to one in natick, but there were none.[/QUOTE]

ive gone to 4 so far looking for the game with no luck
been to natick,north attleboro,somerville and portsmouth NH

The CC in dedham had a bunch but this was on the same day the drops were posted. I would have bought some to trade here but I already had the game and really didin't have the cash at the time.

[quote name='encendido5']So I'm moving back to MA from NYC... Andover to be exact. Anybody from that area?[/quote]

Hey, I'm in Lawrence!

[quote name='Synergy']No, I live in Boston, but welcome back. :)[/quote]

Thanks! Last time I posted on these boards was a couple of years ago when I lived in Malden.

[quote name='Supreme']Hey, I'm in Lawrence![/quote]

Cool, any good stores in the area I should know about? I usually drive up to NH when I'm up there since there's no tax.

Umm. they put up a new GS on Haverhill St. in Methuen, you might wanna check that out.

Yeah, over in Salem there's just about every store, my favorite is CC though. Every time I go, it's usually empty, and their customer service is way better than BB, I hate those fucks.

Unless they changed something I haven't heard of recently, we'll be getting a tax-free weekend on the weekend of Aug. 12-13.

Andover is near Boston, kind of..

And yeah I heard on the news that NH was making fun of MA taz free days so I guess it still is going to happen.

[quote name='David85']Andover is near Boston, kind of..[/quote]

Hehe, well yeah, it's sort of close. It's about a 25-30 minute drive to Boston. The commuter rail takes forever though so I'm glad I'm not working in Boston. Not to mention the commuter rail only takes you to North Station so I would have to take the T to really get anywhere.

[quote name='EXStrike']Dunno where Boston came up in discussion, but its state-wide..[/QUOTE]

No shit it's sate wide. A city or town can't get rid of the STATE sales tax by themselves.

And someone is moving to Andover, if you knew how to read you would see that.

Yeah, I saw it, but dude, Massachusetts topic -> therefore i mention the tax-free weekend. Sorry for supposedly breaking rules of being on-topic, but you don't have to be an ass about it.

Are you high or just fucking drunk because you are now just making shit up. "Breaking the rules of being on-topic"? What the fuck are you talking about? Put the booze down, you already had more than enough.

And if you weren't being a dumbass I wouldn't be treating you like one. You get what you deserved.

..I just pop in to say that MA (i.e., the "we" in "we're") is getting a tax-free weekend. And then I wonder where the hell did Boston get into the discussion of someone moving to Andover.

Yeah, and there is no reason why I would be high or drunk.

About being on-topic/off-topic.. yeah, so I broke the conversation? Said something off topic to current conversation yet on-topic to the thread. I thought you were hounding on me for breaking the flow of the topic, or are you just taking a shot at my intellect? Stop being confusing.

bread's done
Back