Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

[quote name='evilmax17']The one on route 9? What was left?[/QUOTE]

Yup that 1. got cabela, fur fighter and tribesAA(last one)
saw 18 wheeler and whirl tour(wasn't in their system)All ps2
Didnt look at Xbox though and the GC selection was thin.
they had some other shiit but they all had the "Value" stickerz on them I had to make them scan the Upc on the top to get the 2$ price

Also saw drome racer I didnt have a full list printed and my brain was shot so I cant remember

Waves Hands Around!

I swear Westen Mass should just make own our state. That way you fuckers could pay for the Big Dig yourself.

Anyways anyone know of any deals in the Holyoke MA Best Buy? Or any store there for that matter.

Gotta get this topic flowing again.

I have seen a Thousands Arms (disc only) at the Coolidge Corner EB for $26.99.

Gamestop in Dedham Mall (recently opened)
Intelligent Cube ($45) included back artwork but no instructions so I passed.
Street Fighter Collection 2 $20 disc only

The Gamestop in Fields Corner might still have a Persona 2 in stock (probablly disc only) for $17.99

Nothing terrible exciting at the Circuit City in Dedham but they still had a copy or two of .dot hack part 3, Transformers, Onimusha Blade Warriors, and King of FIghters Maximum Impact for $10.

[quote name='David85']Waves Hands Around!

I swear Westen Mass should just make own our state. That way you fuckers could pay for the Big Dig yourself.
.[/QUOTE]
AMEN to that.

Anybody been to any TRU's for the 50% off yet? Let's not buy anything that we don't intend to actually play, so everyone in MA gets what they want before the eventual/inevitable trade-in raping. I'll probably check out few TRU's some time this week.

I guess a lot of people bought what they wanted in advance and tried to PM later because many shelves were barren in the morning.

Best Buy in the Cambridge Galleria Mall had (at around 7 pm)

Bloodrayne 2 (xbox) $9.99
Otogi 2 $9.99
Midway Arcade Treasues 2 $9.99
Yager $0.99 ( only 1)
Bard's Tale $9.99

Plenty of copies of everything 'cept Yager and they aren't marked at the right price.

Best Buy in Watertown Mall (at around 8 pm)

2 copies of Mr Driller DS marked at $29.99 (should ring up at $9.99)
2 copies of the Urbz on the Gameboy Advance $9.99
1 copy of Breakdown marked at $19.99 but pretty sure it'll ring up at $4.99 (this is actually pretty old)

The Dedham Best Buy had squat.

[quote name='evilmax17']So which BB's have people hit?

The BB at Landmark Center on Park St. in Boston had nothing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post, that saved me a walk over there... ugh.

Check Target for a Wavebird, I know the Target in Watertown has them on clearance for $15.

Downtown CD-Spins has a Knights of the Old Republic 2 for $20.

Dunno if it's still there, but last week the CD-Spins in Back Bay had a Zone of the Enders 2 for $8

[quote name='David85']Waves Hands Around!

Anyways anyone know of any deals in the Holyoke MA Best Buy? Or any store there for that matter.[/QUOTE]

nope... lol i've been all over our western pioneer and every store sells things at normal price:drool: , ridiculuous

BTW on sigs that would be sweet, ill help make them too but i need something to work off of, an image i can make ridiculuosly awsome:D

[quote name='evilmax17']I'm currently at NEU in Boston, and there aint no deals in boston![/QUOTE]
Whoa. This is my first time checking this thread. You play ddr, right? Have I seen you at an arcade? I go to Boston Bowl often.

I guess I'll be nice, as of 3 days ago Worcester Lincoln Street target had 2 copies of ftm and one copy of sprung for DS for 10 bucks each. I got my copy of sprung for free cause I left the store, found a different receipt in my bag, and my credit card hasn't been charged.

As of Saturday, Nov.19 at noon, there was one opened display copy of Firefighter F.D.18 (PS2) at the Sam Goody at the Northshore Mall in Peabody for $29.99. I didn't see the condition of the disk, and there was no manual in the case (I don't know how SG does it, it was probably with the disk I'd imagine).

I saw it on the wall with the PS2 games, but left it at the counter.

More 360s are supposed to arrive this weekend, according to gamespot.com. I am waiting for the PS3 myself. BlueRay et. al., here i come.

By the way, Best Buy in Landmark Center, Fenway Park area, has the 64 MB memory card for PS2, abiet for 34 dollars. (i made a special trip to get a 2nd one when they were 19.99 on black friday.) They are still a great deal, and work flawlessly. I can now play any of the over 70 games i have at any time, and still have room for the 30 or so that i haven't open yet. (yes, i have a problem.)

Don't be ashamed. We all have the same problem and I for one have accepted it! I have been rediscovering all of the great games that are out forthe systems I own since MS botched this launch so bad! Come Feb there will be piled of systems around!

It's to bad that addicted gamers like us can't punish both MS and the horrible retailers regarding the 360. I have word that Best Buy is getting them into the warehouse and holding them til the 18th so they can take advantage of a 2nd launch. They suck.....

[quote name='DCHAD']Don't be ashamed. We all have the same problem and I for one have accepted it! I have been rediscovering all of the great games that are out forthe systems I own since MS botched this launch so bad! Come Feb there will be piled of systems around!

It's to bad that addicted gamers like us can't punish both MS and the horrible retailers regarding the 360. I have word that Best Buy is getting them into the warehouse and holding them til the 18th so they can take advantage of a 2nd launch. They suck.....[/QUOTE]
Just called best buy today and they told me that they should put them out by the 14 or 16th. At this point I'm just about to just wait till next year when there are piles of 360's everywhere.

Shopper's World TRU didnt have either of those last time I was there. Frankly I've been to 8 TRUs and not seen any of either of those games. I have looked for them too, especially Halo 2 LE

I'm not so sure about the Salem, NH TRU still having a lot of 9.98 games. I just called them, to see if they had RE4. They said they had about 14 of them in today, but some guy came in and bought all of them and about half of their entire stock of other 9.98 games.

[quote name='spudypresto']Any update on MA sigs?

I'd do them if I had any semblance of competency.[/QUOTE]

I tried

Persona 2, Breath of Fire 4, Resident Evil 2 (GC), Resident Evil 3 (GC)

Persona 2 and Breath of Fire 4 have been spotted at the EB Games in North Attelboro, MA 2 copies each, mint condition.
They also have Resident Evil 2 and 3 mint for 39.99 each.
All 4 are used but are like-new.

[quote name='pop311']Does the Shoppers World TRU have anything left?[/QUOTE]

I went last week and I didn't find anything I considered good, but I forget what they had by now, and obviously they'll have less since then. North Attleboro has nothing and Bellingham is also pretty dry.

I went yesterday and bought:

R-Type Final, Golden Sun 2 and Legend of Dragoon for 9.98 each.
They also had:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (GC) 1 copy
Trigger Man (Don't Remember) 1 copy
Syphon Filter 2 and I think 3 a bunch
Doom 3 (XB) a bunch
BloodRayne 2 (XB) a bunch
KillZone a bunch
Armored Core Nexus a few

Sucks 3 more Trus are closing thats like 5 in a year really blows cuz the liquid "prices rarely apply to the games usually it hangs at 30 % off til they close

The only TRU in Western MA will be the shit Springfield one.

The next closest is...

TOYS"R"US - MANCHESTER [7532]
1460 PLEASANT VALLEY RO
MANCHESTER, CT 06040
Tel: (860)644-7606
Hours:
Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm
Sun 11:00am-6:00pm
Map | Directions

At the Liberty Tree Mall Comp USA in Peabody, MA:

There was one copy of Robot Alchemic Drive (R.A.D.) in the value bin, which rings up for $20. The bin is to the left of the registers when you walk in.

bread's done
Back