Massive used PS3, PSP and DS Lite system pricedrops at GameCrazy - July 4th Weekend

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
all BC PS3s 279.99. all non bc ps3s 249.99.

psp slims are 89.99. psp phats are 69.99.

ds lites are 79.99.

these are all prices for used systems so ymmv on stock. this also suggests a new ps3 drop to 299.99 soon. another manager called me with this info.. will verify prices momentarily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's really low pricing for the PSP Systems. That's basically half the price of a new one, and utterly destroys the price EB/Gamestop charges.

The low PS3 used price is very good news, since as you said, looks like a PS3 price drop is imminent.

confirmed.stores may not have updated pricing today though. it may be tomorrow. they have to do a corporate resend to get the prices but they did drop. theres also a 15 page drop of used games to 9.99. nothing special. lots of older sports games. older next gen stuff like conan, fracture, virtua fighter 5 ps3 only, viva etc

If you guys can name off some great GS to GC flips, I'd love you forever...I've been wanting a DS Lite for a long time, this price is perfect!

[quote name='thehoweller']If you guys can name off some great GS to GC flips, I'd love you forever...I've been wanting a DS Lite for a long time, this price is perfect![/QUOTE]

In general GC prices are identical or worse than GS trade-in prices, so I don't think that route would be a good idea.

the prices will not ring up @ sale price. damnit. the employee has to pull the memo off the intranet and manually price it.. no one can update prices since corporate guys are gone home for the weekend. good luck getting in on this deal. its not ymmv but it relies on the employee checking the intranet

[quote name='Scorch']the prices will not ring up @ sale price. damnit. the employee has to pull the memo off the intranet and manually price it.. no one can update prices since corporate guys are gone home for the weekend. good luck getting in on this deal. its not ymmv but it relies on the employee checking the intranet[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo.....Damn my gamecrazy employees for hating me and being too lazy!!! I was so looking forward to getting a PSP...*sigh* Oh well. Maybe next time. Thanks for the info though Scorch.

Scorch, any idea how much the backwards compatible PS3 was before the price drop? I called a store that would be a short drive, and the guy said he had a 60GB in stock for $300. Does this sound right or is it a clueless employee?

hm, these used prices seem pretty good.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='Rollett']Your odds of getting a price match at gamestop are nill... considering they dont do price matching.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop does indeed price match. I don't know if they price match used stuff though. I've had no problem PMing new stuff from a best buy ad at GS though

[quote name='KongaKing']Gamestop does indeed price match. I don't know if they price match used stuff though. I've had no problem PMing new stuff from a best buy ad at GS though[/QUOTE]

Then that GS broke company policy to PM you :) I kinda know if you know what i meen.

[quote name='Scorch']the prices will not ring up @ sale price. damnit. the employee has to pull the memo off the intranet and manually price it.. no one can update prices since corporate guys are gone home for the weekend. good luck getting in on this deal. its not ymmv but it relies on the employee checking the intranet[/QUOTE]

That's so bizarre. Are employees supposed to check the intranet often?

[quote name='snakeeyez101']Someone let me know if they have any luck with this, I'd really like to pick up a DS lite for the GF's birthday.[/QUOTE]

Same here. That's an awesome price.

prices updated in the pos. stores have to do a manual resend to get them. stores do resends every night, so if they say no today, ask them to scan it tomorrow. every store should be updated tomorrow.

the 60gb ps3 was 429.99 used.

wow BC ps3 is tempting, wouldnt mind replacing my 40gb non-bc ps3 with one.. still a few ps2 games i want to play and i dont have a analog tv in my room to play an old ps2 on *i play ps3 thru my pc monitor*

[quote name='DQT']That's so bizarre. Are employees supposed to check the intranet often?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It just seems like a lot of people here on CAG just have bad Game Crazy's nearby, or at least uninformed employees. To be fair though, there was no notice of the sale ahead of time and the price changes that Scorch mentioned this morning were massive, so the opener might have forgotten to read the memos.

[quote name='cdul']Yes. It just seems like a lot of people here on CAG just have bad Game Crazy's nearby, or at least uninformed employees. To be fair though, there was no notice of the sale ahead of time and the price changes that Scorch mentioned this morning were massive, so the opener might have forgotten to read the memos.[/QUOTE]
possibly, but more than likely it's a bad store. I've know about this deal for a few days now, and I knew there was going to be a HUGE drop in games this weekend from reading the store intranet. last night we saw the update about the systems, and that was the first I had heard, but most of it has been up for a few days. some stores are just lazy.

Drove 30 minutes to a GameCrazy when they told me on the phone that they had a 60GB PS3 in stock. Got there and was told "we haven't had one of those in months". Grrrrrrrr

[quote name='cdul']Yes. It just seems like a lot of people here on CAG just have bad Game Crazy's nearby, or at least uninformed employees. To be fair though, there was no notice of the sale ahead of time and the price changes that Scorch mentioned this morning were massive, so the opener might have forgotten to read the memos.[/QUOTE]

:bouncy: (on second complaint to MO Attorney General)

Hope others are able to get the deals. That is a nice price on a PS3, especially if you can get a 60GB one and have full BC. Thanks for the info Scorch. If my podcast co-host had a GC near him, he might have done this. Mylor, why can't you be promoted and take over the Fenton store?

Out of my morbid curiosity Mylor, how are the sales from Fenton if you know? Across the street next to where I work in Fenton is my main Gamestop and even though it's the smallest Gamestop in the STL area, they are in the top 3 in sales for all of STL, even after the store in Arnold was opened.

From the few times I've been to the Fenton Game Crazy in the last year, they seem to have fewer customers than they used to while Gamestop is always packed.

[quote name='snakelda']Does the MVP card work with consoles?[/QUOTE]

ha.. no one gets discounts on systems, not even us lowly employees.

oh, found this for you guys.. shh.. its a secret to everyone. should be irrelevant to everyone since the prices are in the POS tomorrow, but this is the memo we were given.. and yes, it's true, there was NO advance notice of this sale whatsoever.

waox9k.jpg

DS Lite for $80 is miiiiiine. [Or DS Phat for $60. Hum. Not sure. I'm cheap, but backlights are important.]
Need to pick up one for Scribblenauts - I was looking for the Phat, really, but those are still at $80 everywhere and it's very, very hard to find ones cheaper.
Thanks, OP.
*edit*
I ended up picking one up on eBay with a cracked hinge for $90 [with two Pokemon games, Diamond and Platinum, and an Action Replay. So the Lite itself is basically ~ $50].

Last edited by a moderator:
Nabbed one of the DS-Lites for 80+20 for a year warranty...It's bullshit that unlike Gamestop, they don't refurbish their consoles. But anyways...

If you're looking for a good/decent flip from GS to transfer some credit, grab a couple copies of SF4. I bought 4 at GS for 120 I believe. Got 125 for them at GC. $25 base, plus 25% extra credit for 3+ games.

So yeah, I got a DS-Lite from BBV and FNR4 flipping, I love you guys.

[quote name='thehoweller']Nabbed one of the DS-Lites for 80+20 for a year warranty...It's bullshit that unlike Gamestop, they don't refurbish their consoles. But anyways...[/quote]

GC does refurbish consoles. All of them. Only recently, however, have they started refurbishing the DS Lites. We usually take the refurbs out of the boxes and put them in the used system glass case to display, then grab the guts from the back. But yeah, GC definitely does refurb systems.

So yeah, I got a DS-Lite from BBV and FNR4 flipping, I love you guys.

:grouphug:

Wow, killer deal for the 60GB PS3. I know a lot of people worry about them yellow-lighting, but damn, at that price, might be worth rolling the dice.

[quote name='Scorch']GC does refurbish consoles. All of them. Only recently, however, have they started refurbishing the DS Lites. We usually take the refurbs out of the boxes and put them in the used system glass case to display, then grab the guts from the back. But yeah, GC definitely does refurb systems.
:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Not to step on your toes, but I asked the manager, they don't refurbish consoles. He said all of the DSs in the display case were as they were when they were traded in. So looks as if I got the shaft, unless he's ignorant.

I should note, I'm not saying all Gamecrazys don't refurbish, I'm just saying that my backwards one doesn't.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, killer deal for the 60GB PS3. I know a lot of people worry about them yellow-lighting, but damn, at that price, might be worth rolling the dice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck finding one. I suggest looking through EBay though, a few months ago I grabbed one off of there for 270.

I found this DS on the ground with an R4 stuck it in (It was placed in backwards). It won't yank out though. lol. Anything I can do with it? I want another DS cause i don't have mine anymore, but I also want a PSP. Which PSP model should I get?

[quote name='thehoweller']Nabbed one of the DS-Lites for 80+20 for a year warranty...It's bullshit that unlike Gamestop, they don't refurbish their consoles. But anyways...

If you're looking for a good/decent flip from GS to transfer some credit, grab a couple copies of SF4. I bought 4 at GS for 120 I believe. Got 125 for them at GC. $25 base, plus 25% extra credit for 3+ games.

So yeah, I got a DS-Lite from BBV and FNR4 flipping, I love you guys.[/QUOTE]

Decent deal, that is until you got suckered into that warrranty...

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']I found this DS on the ground with an R4 stuck it in (It was placed in backwards). It won't yank out though. lol. Anything I can do with it? I want another DS cause i don't have mine anymore, but I also want a PSP. Which PSP model should I get?[/QUOTE]

In for 15
where is your ground located?

bread's done
Back