May On XBLM/XBLA Official Topic (Updated 5/30 NHL2K6 Picture Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit!

A ton of new stuff is up.

Test Drive: Unlimited Demo
NCAA 07 Football Trailer
NCAA College Hoops 2K7 Trailer
BattleStations: Midway Trailer
Dead Rising Trailer
LotR: BoME II Trailer
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Trailer
John Woo Presents Stranglehold Trailer
Sonic The Hedgehog Trailer
Rain Trailer
Dance Dance Revolution Universe Trailer
Bullet Witch Trailer

- edit better list

Full list of stuff just added:
- Adidas Gamer pictures
- 'Test Drive Unlimited' Demo
- 'X-3' gamer pictures

Trailers:
- BattleStation: Midway (Ubisoft)
- Brother In Arms Hell's Highway (Ubisoft)
- Bullet Witch (AQ Interactive/Cavia)
- College Hoops (2K7 2KSports)
- Dance Dance Revolution Universe (Konami)
- Dead Rising (Capcom)
- John Woo Presents Stranglehold (Midway)
- NCAA Football 07 (Electronic Arts)
- Rain (AQ Interactive/Cavia)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
- Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)
- The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-Earth II (Electronic Arts)

Movie trailer:
- Poseidon

[quote name='flybrione']How big it the Test Drive Demo?[/QUOTE]

483.17 MBs

[quote name='tholly']483.17MB[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both for the quick reply. I'll have to download it when I get home from work. Hopefully it will be a quick download.

[quote name='flybrione']Thanks to both for the quick reply. I'll have to download it when I get home from work. Hopefully it will be a quick download.[/QUOTE]

It's going pretty fast for me.

I am at 81% right now.

That schedule leaves me a bit underwhelmed (although it is a nice amount of stuff). Was hoping for a few more demos and a bigger variety of gamerpics. Wouldn't be shocked to have some surprises thrown in there though..

Ah, fuck it. I'm just pumped that Uno comes out tomorrow.

[quote name='terribledeli']Lost Planet demo was leaked early. It was under featured downloads. 305 MB[/quote]

Updated. Seems pretty small.

[quote name='Sporadic']I can confirm it.

305.39 MBs.

9% complete right now :applause:[/quote]

I think its...gone. I cant find it on my XBLM. Checked Featured DL's and list by alphabetical...nothing.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think its...gone. I cant find it on my XBLM. Checked Featured DL's and list by alphabetical...nothing.[/QUOTE]

It randomly shows up in the featured downloads thing.

It's the only way to get it right now.

- 51%

[quote name='doubledown']Is the Test Drive demo a LIVE enabled demo?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is, but it won't let you online due to an issue with the servers.

Test Drive sucks. I hate how it automatically puts you back on the road then makes you wait a second or two before you take off.. my main beef is the whole "no damage" thing on your car. I cna tolerate no damage, but when you can damage other cars but not your own.. retarded.

Graphics are amazing, though.

[quote name='Scorch']Test Drive sucks. I hate how it automatically puts you back on the road then makes you wait a second or two before you take off.. my main beef is the whole "no damage" thing on your car. I cna tolerate no damage, but when you can damage other cars but not your own.. retarded.

Graphics are amazing, though.[/QUOTE]

Automatically put you back on the road?

The only time I had that is when I drove into a river.

dl times are AWFUL. MS should be ashamed they didn't at least give us the option of downloading in the background. Twelve hours of downtime last week and they couldn't at least change that? Someone sure has egg on their face and it ain't Sony this time.

Jeremy

I thought the Lost Planet demo was a little weak. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but I'm not really looking forward to 3rd person shooters anymore.

I thought the Test Drive demo was pretty good. I actually had a FAST download...probably my 1st demo that D/L at a decent speed. The no damage thing was a bit annoying though....and not knowing what I was doing really ;)

The Brother In Arms trailer was EXCELLENT....wow, Call of Duty2, but better graphics possibly...nice. I tried a few other trailers, but nothing too great.

I let Test Drive download by itself, 5 hours later it was done. THe demo time sucks, and I dont think the graphics are that good. It a decent driver.

Want to download Lost, but now I need to wait for it to pop up on featured.

ANyone know how much UNO is going to be?

Watch out for the freezing problems. My older brother had his launch console freeze during the Test Drive demo and then it completely killed the console.

Not too impressed with the Test Drive Trailer either. I'm not sure what the deal is that racing games think they have to have a shaky camera anymore. Same thing the got to me most about NFS Most Wanted.

The persistent world is kinda neat for a racing game, but overall there didnt seem to be that much variety in the things to due. I imagine I would become bored rather quickly even with the final game. The graphics are ok, but not what I was expecting based on the screen shots and preview videos. Will definately be a rental for me at most.

Yep, Test Drive froze on me the second time I played. Maybe the servers are a mess right now. I think it's ok....I took the Shelby GT and the handling on that car is horrid. My impressions are starting to get worse now.....nice concept though.

I wish I was awake with the Lost Planet demo was accidentally up and available.

[quote name='gizmogc']No Uno? No new XBL games in 2 months? WTF[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Msia']Tuesday, May 9

UNO®: The latest additon to Xbox Live Arcade is the classic party card game that’s number one for family fun! Compete against three other players to match colors and symbols, go Wild with special command cards such as Skip and Reverse, and be the first to play all your cards. Add-on theme decks offer new art and new card effects, keeping the game fresh and challenging.
Like all Arcade titles, you can download the demo and try it out free. Get ready to shout, "UNO!"[/quote]
Microsoft can't make time go faster, brother.

Test drive is actually pretty fun, it seems to log you on auto, i tarted seeing other people with gamertags on the island. Couldnt reach any before it crashed though hahha. seems to crash quite often.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Test Drive froze me up too.

Restarted console. Deleted demo. Won't be playing Test Drive again, demo or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

After a 12 hour day of work, i came home and got it real quick, but-- yeah it froze me up 2 times as well. Not enirely too pissed, as I don't like racing games that much anyhow-- but still, damn.

LP sounds amazing though, really want to play that demo.

yup...froze for me too...i wasnt even doing anything...i put the controller down for one minute to do something else, came back, and it was stuck...

[quote name='Zoglog']Test drive is actually pretty fun, it seems to log you on auto, i tarted seeing other people with gamertags on the island. Couldnt reach any before it crashed though hahha. seems to crash quite often.[/QUOTE]

The racing aspect of it is not bad - not great, but not bad. Being a Test Drive game, arcade style racing is to be expected. Graphics are not amazing but they work, and unfortunately there is no visible damage.

However, one thing I do love about the game is the fact it offers a massively multiplayer experience. I just cannot get over the concept of driving around a city at break-neck speeds with an entire community of people. I hope other developers catch on to this same concept. I'd love to have a more sim-based city racer and even more so, an offroading sim where this MMO aspect is utilized.

New stuff is up.

- edit

Lost Planet Demo

Lost Planet Trailer
Culdcept SAGA Trailer
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis Trailer
Hitman: Blood Money Trailer
Call of Duty 3 Trailer
Marvel: Ulitmate Alliance Trailer
NBA 2K7 Trailer
Tony Hawk's Project 8 Trailer

[quote name='Zoglog']Test drive is actually pretty fun, it seems to log you on auto, i tarted seeing other people with gamertags on the island. Couldnt reach any before it crashed though hahha. seems to crash quite often.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I didn't even know it was online. That element of it IS pretty awesome. Just not enough to get me to keep trying to play it if it's going to freeze.

I do like the concept of "free-will" online games like that, as opposed to, say Halo or GRAW or whatever where you have an objective. Makes for a nice change of pace. Just drive around, set up races, try to knock each other off the road, cruise around picking up chicks...or not.

Thanks for the new stuff available...will have to D/L when I get home. What is Lost Planet all about anyways?

I wonder if the players ni NBA 2K7 just DIVE more like the NCAA 2K7 hoops trailer....looks like they did nothing with it

Some interesting info from Microsoft's conference regarding XBLA.

2:55 pm - A brief montage of Xbox Live Arcade games: Pac-Man, Contra, Galaga, Contra, Sonic, Defender, SF II Hyper Fighting, Time Pilot, Ultra Mortal Kombat 3, Scramble. Track and Field, Time Pilot, Contra, Super Contra, Paperboy, Rally-X, Frogger, too.

2:59 - Surprise addition to Xbox Live Arcade: Lumines Live. "Today I'm proud to announce a partnership with Warner Music Group to integrate [music] content into Lumines Live. " In other words, you'll be able to play music videos in the background as you play Lumines Live. The demo showed a Madonna vid playing in the background.

Tons of new shit is up

HALO 3 HALO 3 HALO 3

- Halo 3 Announcement Trailer
- Viva Pinata Trailer
- Alan Wake Trailer
- Too Human Trailer
- Gears Of War Trailer
- Forza 2 Trailer
- Shadowrun Trailer
- Fable 2 Trailer
- Crackdown Trailer
- Splinter Cell Double Agent Trailer