McDonalds BB bucks

[quote name='Ledhed']This is great. There is a McD's literally right next to my local BB.[/quote]

this can't be good....

Someone should rename this thread to...

"Super Size My Game Collection.... and My Risk of Heart Disease"

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Ledhed']This is great. There is a McD's literally right next to my local BB.[/quote]

this can't be good....

Someone should rename this thread to...

"Super Size My Game Collection.... and My Risk of Heart Disease"[/quote]

Meh, a few super sizes aren't going to hurt you.

In reading further its on the chicken selects and large fries only so order those if you want the bb codes. Oh, and if anybody has or knows somebody with those fat Entertainment coupon books, there is a buy one get one free chicken selects coupon in there (at least in mine and one other locality there was)

[quote name='doubledown']I think people should watch the SUPER SIZE ME DVD before ordering all this McD's.[/quote]

It be fun to buy the supersize me dvd there WITH McDs/BB codes. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed']No, you're right. It's very bad. I despise McD's food.

Now, if there were a Sonic/Taco Bell deal...[/quote]

If they did this at Taco Bell I'd never have to pay for anything at BB again.

I don't eat at McD's, maybe I can find some employee who will just give them away.

[quote name='doubledown']I think people should watch the SUPER SIZE ME DVD before ordering all this McD's.[/quote]

That dude ate McDonald's as every meal for a month.

No one's going to be doing anything of that sort - ANYTHING in that quantity is going to be bad for you. Period. The concept behind that DVD is shit.

I usually pick up 2 large fries every 2 days. well that is until i get bored with the game and not winning anything. I had around 26 BB bucks last year.... I usually feed them to my dogs or just give them way

There are people that eat Fast Food just about every day of the week.....not myself, but there are some people out there.

I know the DVD was a bit over-the-top, but he was proving a point that McD's = shit

I watched super size me last night and I will never eat mcdonalds or any other fast food again. (not that I did before but this strengthens my resolve.)

they should make a movie of someone eating nothing but candy for a month and then BE SHOCKED when their suger level is 100X normal. or run out in front of a moving car every day for a month and then BE SHOCKED when one runs over you.

[quote name='slidecage']they should make a movie of someone eating nothing but candy for a month and then BE SHOCKED when their suger level is 100X normal. or run out in front of a moving car every day for a month and then BE SHOCKED when one runs over you.[/quote]

Thanks.

Didn't last year people scam them with the mail in portion? I ddin't thinkw e'de see this again because of that incident. Basically, people would mail 50 enveloped requesting a piece at 74 cents and get back $50 in best buy bucks. That's better than 20% return. And you luck out if one is a $5 or $10 coupon.

last year you st least got one buck, which was cool, you could buy something for a 1.50 or 2.00 and get at least 1 buck back at best buy,

i'm assuming that goes for this year too?

[quote name='fireball343']last year you st least got one buck, which was cool, you could buy something for a 1.50 or 2.00 and get at least 1 buck back at best buy,

i'm assuming that goes for this year too?[/quote]

I don't even remember playing last year's Monopoly, but if there is BB money involved, I'm in this year!

You know, just because a guy made a movie doesn't mean it's absolute truth. I mean come on, we've seen Micheal Moore make enough movies that this should be blatantly evident.

This guy twisted things so that you would see the perspective he wanted you to see. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a Mickey D backed "retort" film that has someone eat only McDonalds every day and come out at the end healthier and thinner than when they started.

Did the guy's movie have a point? Yes.
Was there some value to it? Yes.
Was everything he showed absolutely true? No way in the world.

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, just because a guy made a movie doesn't mean it's absolute truth. I mean come on, we've seen Micheal Moore make enough movies that this should be blatantly evident.

This guy twisted things so that you would see the perspective he wanted you to see. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a Mickey D backed "retort" film that has someone eat only McDonalds every day and come out at the end healthier and thinner than when they started.

Was everything he showed absolutely true? No way in the world.[/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Sheesh, look what I started....oops.

So, how can I get these pieces again? Large fries or BIGGER? (I would NOT order anything else from them....fries are decent though)

this new contest will change my mc d ordering style...which is usually two happymeals with apples. oh well i guess a few extra pounds and maybe with a few extra dollars to bb wouldnt hurt.

lol apples with happy meals like the apples are going to make the meat better for you. isnt the apples soaked in suger?? good trade off Fries what makes you fat to suger soaked apples that makes your suger fly

[quote name='JSweeney']

I read somewhere the next movie that guy is going to make is him trying to survive on just bottled water.

Is the guy trying to make a point? Yes he is - but mostly for entertainment value... but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not telling the truth. As someone pointed out already, anything in excess is bad for you.

There is a website out there I've seen where this guy is in great shape despite a diet of McD's BECAUSE he works out. The sad truth of the matter is that the average American is not going to be on a strict workout regimen and thus will end up approaching the SuperSizeMe extreme.

That being said I'm going to sit back and let my family accumulate the game pieces for me. :)

I've never used BB Bucks. Are they something that can be used like a gift certificate, or do they have rules such as you can only use them to pay for a certain amount of your purchase? Like $5 off of $50 or something similar. Just wondering if they would be worth it.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Didn't last year people scam them with the mail in portion? I ddin't thinkw e'de see this again because of that incident. Basically, people would mail 50 enveloped requesting a piece at 74 cents and get back $50 in best buy bucks. That's better than 20% return. And you luck out if one is a $5 or $10 coupon.[/quote]

Isn't $2 the minimum this year? :)

b. Mail In. Game Pieces and Best Buy Chance Pieces may be obtained without a McDonald's purchase by mailing, postage prepaid, a self-addressed, stamped envelope ("SASE"), with your name, address, city, state and zip code legibly hand-printed in blue ink to: Monopoly Best Chance Game 2.0 at McDonald's, Game Piece Request, P.O. Box 1497, Young America, MN 55594-1497. Return postage may be omitted on requests that are mailed to a return address located in Vermont. DO NOT SEND POTENTIAL WINNING GAME STAMPS OR ANY OTHER GAME MATERIALS, COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Participants may submit as many requests as they desire, but only one request (SASE) per outer envelope mailed separately will be fulfilled. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes will NOT be honored. Photocopied or mechanically reproduced requests will not be honored. One (1) Game Piece (consisting of two Monopoly Game Stamps) plus (for requests being mailed to an address in the United States) one (1) Best Buy Chance Piece (consisting of two Monopoly Game Stamps and one Best Buy Chance Piece) will be mailed in response to each mail-in request that is received in accordance with the foregoing instructions, while supplies last. Non-Domestic Markets will receive (2) Monopoly Game Pieces (each consisting of two Monopoly Game Stamps). Mail-in requests will not be accepted at the P.O. Box until Game begins on October 12, 2004. Mail-in requests must be postmarked no later than November 8, 2004, and received no later than November 15, 2004. In the event in-store distribution of Game Pieces extends beyond November 8, 2004, under Rule 9 of these Official Rules, these dates are subject to a corresponding extension.

If I lived in Vermont I'd be mailing in a buttload of requests.

"Return postage may be omitted on requests that are mailed to a return address located in Vermont."

UPDATE: Hehe, slidecage me to it

[quote name='slidecage']its like real cash but you got to use it at BB. Each game piece is 1 buck so if you got 20 you get 20 bucks in stuff free.[/quote]

Note that it excludes CD and Dvd's. There's a three dollar maximum on items of that type.

Luckily there's no limits on games!

I'm probably going to die and go to hell today because i ate so much junk from mcdonalds today... like 2 1/2 large fries chicken selects and apple pie... pissed me off because those stupid, over-priced selects didn't have the bb bucks on them yet.. bottom line... spent $13.50... got $3 bb bucks, rip-off, scam, screwed what ever you might call it... this was not a good deal...

The thing about Supersize me is that the parfait has more suger etc than the sunday. Now thats a total joke and their salads also have a high content of suger.

Its a drug and Mc d's has the american population coming back.

[quote name='cyberlian']I'm probably going to die and go to hell today because i ate so much junk from mcdonalds today... like 2 1/2 large fries chicken selects and apple pie... pissed me off because those stupid, over-priced selects didn't have the bb bucks on them yet.. bottom line... spent $13.50... got $3 bb bucks, rip-off, scam, screwed what ever you might call it... this was not a good deal...[/quote]

Two and a half large fries!?!?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='cyberlian']I'm probably going to die and go to hell today because i ate so much junk from mcdonalds today... like 2 1/2 large fries chicken selects and apple pie... pissed me off because those stupid, over-priced selects didn't have the bb bucks on them yet.. bottom line... spent $13.50... got $3 bb bucks, rip-off, scam, screwed what ever you might call it... this was not a good deal...[/quote]

Two and a half large fries!?!?[/quote]
My girlfriend managed to eat half of the fries i got her before i engulfed the remainder...

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, just because a guy made a movie doesn't mean it's absolute truth. I mean come on, we've seen Micheal Moore make enough movies that this should be blatantly evident.

You make a strong point. But I think the general focus of the film is not to attack McDonalds per se but to somehow explain the epidemic of obesity that is taking over this country. McDonalds just happens to be the most famous fast food chain in the world and a perfect target. The film did show scenes in high school cafeteria too.

the bb bucks were on the sandwichs & the fries last year... this year they're suppose to only be on the large fries and the chicken selects.

If only this sort of gimmick was offered at a place that served food I could eat on a consistent basis without feeling extremely guilty.

I agree, I cant think of eating at Mcidies when I think of that movie, which is a good thing

There's less of an incentive to participate in this year's BBB promotion: firstly, the $3 limit on each CD and DVD, and secondly, BB charging shipping for online orders (which almost nullifies the $3 savings for those planning to order just a CD and/or DVD). Video games are exempt from the $3 limit and the BBB can be used in conjunction with the GGC coupon, but this only applies to games $19.99 and up.

I think I'll still participate, but I'm getting all of my game pieces through the mail. I watched the "Super Size Me" DVD and I have sworn off all fast food, not just McDonalds. For those who owned/rented the DVD, did you watch the bonus segment titled "The Smoking Fry"? If that doesn't make one think twice about what goes into our food or our stomachs, nothing will.

bread's done
Back