McDonalds BB bucks

So the BBB are on Large Fries and Chicken Selects? Is it pretty much the same thing as the Monopoly contest last year? I'll have to stop by later.

They have a thing instore that shows what they're on, but it memory serves, they're on:

Large fries
Large soda
All Chicken Selects (3-, 5- and 10-piece sizes)

If it's on more than that, I'm not sure. Again, check the sign in-store.

For the person who asked about using multiple BB bucks:

Limit of $300 in Best Buy Bucks may be redeemed per customer per store visit (all visits to a store in the same day are deemed a single "visit").

For BB.com orders:

Limit of 40 promotional codes of any kind may be redeemed per online order.

It's all in the rules on McDonald's website.

BB bucks are ONLY on chicken selects and large fries. Large sodas and medium sodas have monopoly pieces, but no BB bucks.

i eat pretty much all junk food (but i don't eat much food) and i drink pretty much only soda. i only weigh 132 lbs. and i am 19.

have any of you guys got any, and how much did you get ? i got 2 so far and one is for $5 and the other is for $1

Anyone playing the actual game? The online part of it is actually part fun, and for those of you with cell phones it's fairly easy to win free ringtones.

Those jerks at McD put the best buy bucks on large fries but they upped the price from $1.50 to a $1.70.

I saw that and I was annoyed that they''re obviously using this promotion to hide a price increase.

[quote name='suMMx']have any of you guys got any, and how much did you get ? i got 2 so far and one is for $5 and the other is for $1[/quote]

I have 12 $1 ones. How did you get $5? :(

[quote name='suMMx']have any of you guys got any, and how much did you get ? i got 2 so far and one is for $5 and the other is for $1[/quote]

You lucked out getting the $5 one. Those and $10's are pretty rare I think compared to the number of $1's.

Went there yesterday and only got a $1 one on the $6 chicken selects meal. The chicken strips aren't bad, but as Ackbar pointed out the prices have gone up from when I remember. And they took away the two cheeseburger value meal.

[quote name='Xevious']This is why the aisles at Best Buy are so wide. They need to accomadate the lard asses.[/quote]
You're nuts! The two BBs clostest to me have aisles that can only fit one person at a time, and you definately can't fit a cart in them.

[quote name='subparplasma']Anyone playing the actual game? The online part of it is actually part fun, and for those of you with cell phones it's fairly easy to win free ringtones.[/quote]

Got myself a free song through Connect but the quality is CRAP compared to the other online music stores available. Not even worth the free download... :sigh:

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']i eat pretty much all junk food (but i don't eat much food) and i drink pretty much only soda. i only weigh 132 lbs. and i am 19.[/quote]

That is because you are 19, if you keep doing that when you get older you will end up looking like Starr Jones.

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']i eat pretty much all junk food (but i don't eat much food) and i drink pretty much only soda. i only weigh 132 lbs. and i am 19.[/quote]

Wait til you grow old... Watch out!

[quote name='doubledown']There are people that eat Fast Food just about every day of the week.....not myself, but there are some people out there.

I know the DVD was a bit over-the-top, but he was proving a point that McD's = shit[/quote]

McD, Taco Bell, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Wendy's....ANY OF them would do that to you. Hell if you ate pizza for a month straight you wouldn't be in too good of shape either.

I haven't seen the doc, I do want to catch it just to see what all the fuss is about though. But if he isn't doing anything but eating and eating - even eating healthy food will gain you some weight. What does he do thats active to burn the calories that he's eating?

[quote name='Romeo'][quote name='suMMx']have any of you guys got any, and how much did you get ? i got 2 so far and one is for $5 and the other is for $1[/quote]

I have 12 $1 ones. How did you get $5? :([/quote]
i didnt even know what it was at first and i say $5 and thought nothing of it, but its pretty cool i think im gonna use it for gta sa

w00t. I ate at McDonalds today and got $1 worth of Best Buy money!! Sweet.

Uh yeah... hopefully I'll get lucky and get a $5 off thing sometime.

Would anyone be interested in trading tickets? Maybe one of us has a ticket that another needs to win something. If so, I'll start by listing my tickets.

I have 4 BBB right now. I also have reading railroad, connecticut avenue, pennsylvania railroad, illinois avenue, atlantic avenu, baltic avenue, oriental avenue, states avenue, st james place, and park place.

These are the rare ones. Get one of these, and you've pretty much got that prize.

Both dark purples
Vermont (light blue)
Virginia (purple)
Tennessee (orange)
Kentucky (red)
Ventnor (yellow)
Pennsylvania Avenue (green)
Boardwalk (blue)
Short line railroad

[quote name='phrostbyte']Would anyone be interested in trading tickets? Maybe one of us has a ticket that another needs to win something. If so, I'll start by listing my tickets.

I have 4 BBB right now. I also have reading railroad, connecticut avenue, pennsylvania railroad, illinois avenue, atlantic avenu, baltic avenue, oriental avenue, states avenue, st james place, and park place.[/quote]

I've got 2 B&Os so let me know if u need one.

i ate mcdonalds yesterday for the first time in probably five years... and didnt bother to look at the front side of my large french fries (the only thing i ordered). i get up this morning and theres a game i want to buy from bestbuy.com (billy hatcher)...
yeah, my luck is the best... well, at least my sister, who eats macdonalds regularly, was able to give me one "best buy buck"... not a big loss anyways...but a second one would have covered shipping...

if you are there for the game piece, dont do drive thru cus you might just get screwed like me today. They charge me 50 cent more and forgot to give me sauce even I requested it ( when i ask, the lady said, its in the bag already), and my meal only got 2 game piece on the drink, but the chicken select box has no game piece, which should cause I had the exact same meal earlier!!! Screw this Mcdonald. They better pray I dont get the 1 million dollar piece, or I will slap that cashier in the face and that lady who lied to me about the sauce..

lol

[quote name='WhiteCastleRun']These are the rare ones. Get one of these, and you've pretty much got that prize.

Both dark purples
Vermont (light blue)
Virginia (purple)
Tennessee (orange)
Kentucky (red)
Ventnor (yellow)
Pennsylvania Avenue (green)
Boardwalk (blue)
Short line railroad[/quote]

The dark purples are not rare at all. I have been to McDonalds twice with my girlfriend since this started and we already have four Baltic avenues. In fact, we got doubles of these on two of our sodas. That's how we got our four.

i bought the large chicken selects meal today. stupid place only have BBB on the large fries. not on chicken selects nor large drink. damn them.

The dark purples are not rare at all. I have been to McDonalds twice with my girlfriend since this started and we already have four Baltic avenues. In fact, we got doubles of these on two of our sodas. That's how we got our four.

Doh! *Trashes Baltic Avenue game piece* Dang, I thought I had me a winner lol. I appreciate the list though, I hate having to collect junk like that. I'd much rather just play an instant win contest.

I remember as a kid seeing a couple ads people bought in my local newspaper where people would actually offer like $500 for one of the big prize pieces like Boardwalk. Sounds like a good trade to me, give away your $1 million dollar game piece for $500 cash. Even as a kid I knew it was a scam, I hope nobody actually fell for something like that. Only in America baby.

Im going back one more time If I dont win anything this time im giving up. So far ordered 8 Large fries and got a small pop and breakfast sandwich on the first 2 piceces the other 6 was junk......

2 large fries = 3.50 - 2 BB bucks total 1.50 Not bad but not good either

You guys are totally missing the point of the movie. He wasn't going out to prove that Mcdonalds will make you die, he went out proving that our society eats very unhealthy.

And to prove this point, he ate the most popular lazy-food there is, for a month straight.

O.k. I've read most of this thread, so basically you eat at Mickey D's get some BB bucks and you can just take them to BB and they will let you use them. If I'm reading this right, you can use them at either in store or online right?

Wow, I didn't know that you could use up to 40. I just got my first one today, and here at school, McDs is on food points. I'm gonna rack them up and get like 2 free games by the time it's done.

[quote name='"hiccupleftovers"']O.k. I've read most of this thread, so basically you eat at Mickey D's get some BB bucks and you can just take them to BB and they will let you use them. If I'm reading this right, you can use them at either in store or online right?[/quote]

You can get best buy bucks on chicken selects (3 or 5 pieces) and the large fries. They can be used online. Max of $300 worth can be redeemed in one visit , although only 3x$1 will be accepted for a cd or dvd purchase. All of the rules regarding the best buy bucks are on the inside (lid) of the chicken selects box.

I have been there twice since the promotion started and got a chicken selects value meal each time. It is less than $1 to large size the meal, and you get at least $1 in best buy money so it is worth it even if you can't eat that much. Anyway, I got threex$1 best buy bucks (large sized the second time but not the first) and a free small mcflurry. Not great, but the chicken selects aren't bad.

[quote name='daria19'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']O.k. I've read most of this thread, so basically you eat at Mickey D's get some BB bucks and you can just take them to BB and they will let you use them. If I'm reading this right, you can use them at either in store or online right?[/quote]

You can get best buy bucks on chicken selects (3 or 5 pieces) and the large fries. They can be used online. Max of $300 worth can be redeemed in one visit , although only 3x$1 will be accepted for a cd or dvd purchase. All of the rules regarding the best buy bucks are on the inside (lid) of the chicken selects box.

I have been there twice since the promotion started and got a chicken selects value meal each time. It is less than $1 to large size the meal, and you get at least $1 in best buy money so it is worth it even if you can't eat that much. Anyway, I got threex$1 best buy bucks (large sized the second time but not the first) and a free small mcflurry. Not great, but the chicken selects aren't bad.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was having some difficulty understanding the new regulations on the BBB for cds and dvds. So now I see you can only use three at a time. Still you can use that one coupon in the Madden book for 2 dollars off and three BBB making a cd that is 9.99 making it $5. Or for a 7.99 cd, make it $3. Are there any rules on how many you can use towards a purchase of a game?

[quote name='"hiccupleftovers"']
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was having some difficulty understanding the new regulations on the BBB for cds and dvds. So now I see you can only use three at a time. Still you can use that one coupon in the Madden book for 2 dollars off and three BBB making a cd that is 9.99 making it $5. Or for a 7.99 cd, make it $3. Are there any rules on how many you can use towards a purchase of a game?[/quote]

No problem. I don't remember any rules regarding games, but here is a link to the rules page from the mcdonalds website. I have copied and pasted the specific best buy rules from this website below the url.

http://mcdonalds.promotions.com/premonopoly/page.do?page=rules.html

b. Best Buy Chance Component. Best Buy Chance Pieces are affixed to 6 oz Large Fry Cartons (sizes may vary by market and ounce designation refers to average contents) and 3-, 5- or 10-piece Chicken Selects packaging only at participating McDonald's Restaurants in the United States. Best Buy Chance Pieces are not available in the Non-Domestic Markets or at any McDonald's Restaurant located in a Wal-Mart. Each Best Buy Chance Piece offers participants the opportunity to win a Best Buy Gift Card or Best Buy Buck(s). If a Best Buy Chance Piece reveals a Best Buy Gift Card (denominations of $50, $100, $500 or $5,000), then the participant is the potential winner of a Best Buy Gift Card in the denomination indicated, subject to verification of the Best Buy Chance Piece (the "Winning Best Buy Chance Piece") and the participant's compliance with these Official Rules, including compliance with the redemption instructions in Rule 4. If a Best Buy Chance Piece reveals a Best Buy Buck (denominations of $1, $5 or $10), then the participant is the potential winner of Best Buy Buck(s) in the denomination indicated and can redeem the Best Buy Bucks by following the redemption instructions in Rule 4. Best Buy Bucks are subject to verification and the participant's compliance with these Official Rules. Restrictions apply on what can be bought with Best Buy Bucks and how many can be used during a single purchase in store and online. See Rule 4 for Best Buy Gift Card and Best Buy Bucks terms and conditions.

c. Best Buy Chance Component – Best Buy Bucks & Best Buy Gift Cards.
i. Best Buy Bucks™:
To Redeem Best Buy Bucks at a Best Buy™ Retail Location: To use Best Buy Bucks (denominations of $1, $5 and $10) toward the purchase of Best Buy merchandise in store, present to the Best Buy cashier at the beginning of the transaction. Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD. Limit of $300 in Best Buy Bucks may be redeemed per customer per store visit (all visits to a store in the same day are deemed a single "visit".) Total purchase amount of merchandise (before taxes) must be equal to or greater than the cumulative total of Best Buy Bucks redeemed. Cannot redeem a Best Buy Buck for partial value. Cannot be used toward purchase of certain products and services, including but not limited to, Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, tax, Maytag® Neptune™ washers and dryers, and Gemini™ ranges.
To Redeem Best Buy Bucks at BestBuy.com®: To use Best Buy Bucks (denominations of $1, $5, and $10) toward the purchase of Best Buy merchandise online, visit BestBuy.com and follow the instructions during the online check out process to enter the BestBuy.com promotional code found on your Best Buy Buck. Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD. Limit of 40 promotional codes of any kind may be redeemed per online order. Valid major credit card required for online purchases. If the total purchase amount is less than the total dollar amount of the promotional codes you enter, the balance will be forfeited. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Cannot be used toward purchase of Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees, third party purchases, Bose® products, Samsung Home PAD™ refrigerators, Maytag® Neptune™, Gemini™, Whirlpool® Duet™, Calypso™ washers, Senseon™ dryers, Polara™ ranges, tax, and special order and clearance items.
General Best Buy Terms & Conditions: Best Buy Bucks are valid for one time use only and must be used only during normal hours of operation in Best Buy stores located in the U.S. between 10/12/04 and 12/11/04 OR at BestBuy.com between 12:00:01 a.m. (CT) 10/12/04 and 11:59:59 p.m. (CT) 12/11/04. Best Buy Bucks may be combined and cumulative total will be subtracted from total purchase amount of merchandise before the calculation of sales and similar taxes. To complete the transaction, you will be responsible for paying any amount owed after the redemption of Best Buy Bucks. If the transaction is cancelled or merchandise is returned by you for any reason, all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be forfeited. No copies accepted. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid on in-stock items only. No rain checks. No dealers. Not valid on prior purchases or as payment on your Best Buy Credit Card. Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Best Buy and McDonald's® employees are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the 2004 Monopoly® Best Chance Game 2.0 at McDonald's (see Official Rules for more eligibility details). Fraudulent use will result in Best Buy Buck being voided. Cash value is 1/100 of one cent.

ii. Best Buy Gift Cards: If a participant receives a Best Buy Chance Piece that directs the participant to call a toll-free number, such participant is the potential winner of a Best Buy Gift Card in the amount indicated. For Low-, Mid- and High-Level Best Buy Gift Cards (U.S. denominations of $50, $100, $500 and $5,000), the participant should call the toll-free number immediately for redemption instructions, and follow those instructions. An Official Redemption Packet will then be sent to the potential winner. Potential winners must use the Pre-Paid USPS Express Mail Envelope included in the Redemption Packet to mail the Winning Best Buy Chance Piece to the Redemption Center for verification. It is strongly recommended that participants obtain a receipt of mailing (although proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery). PRIOR TO MAILING, PARTICIPANTS SHOULD PHOTOCOPY ALL GAME MATERIALS BEING SUBMITTED, INCLUDING THE POTENTIAL WINNING BEST BUY CHANCE PIECE. McDONALD'S EMPLOYEES CAN ONLY VERIFY AND REDEEM MONOPOLY GAME STAMPS FOR McDONALD'S FOOD PRIZES. BEST BUY EMPLOYEES CAN ONLY VERIFY AND REDEEM BEST BUY BUCKS. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD NOT SHOW OR GIVE ANY POTENTIAL WINNING BEST BUY CHANCE PIECE TO ANY BEST BUY EMPLOYEE OR McDONALD'S EMPLOYEE.

[quote name='"daria19"'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']
Cannot be used toward purchase of Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees, third party purchases, Bose® products, Samsung Home PAD™ refrigerators, Maytag® Neptune™, Gemini™, Whirlpool® Duet™, Calypso™ washers, Senseon™ dryers, Polara™ ranges, tax, and special order and clearance items.
[/quote]

just lettin' ya'll know what u can't get with 'em.

[quote name='"discopenguin816"'][quote name='daria19'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']
Cannot be used toward purchase of Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees, third party purchases, Bose® products, Samsung Home PAD™ refrigerators, Maytag® Neptune™, Gemini™, Whirlpool® Duet™, Calypso™ washers, Senseon™ dryers, Polara™ ranges, tax, and special order and clearance items.
[/quote]

just lettin' ya'll know what u can't get with 'em.[/quote]

Hardware would just mean the system. Games would be software. So it seems like games can be bought using the BB bucks.

i used a few bucks on nba 2k5 and it took about $8 off, im gonna get some more though tonight and hopefully get the game for free

bread's done
Back