Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta out now for FREE!

dothatthing

CAGiversary!
****Edit**** Someone just posted today a way to get free beta codes legit! Here is the link to their thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266521

If you pre order Medal of Honor, you get access to the multiplayer beta for free starting June 21st. As far as I know, pre ordering is the only way to get a multiplayer beta code. The Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta went live for Bad Company 2 VIP members on June 17th 2010 for PC and PS3 (360 delayed). At E3 it was advertised that the Beta goes live on June 21st, but if you have Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP status, you can start playing it on the 17th!

Here is a link to the redemption portal:
http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta

Regardless of what your status is, you need to preorder MoH in order to get your beta code. You can preorder from a few places online, but they might not email the code right away, and you don't get the nifty card that it comes on. If you don't want to use credit or if you want the nifty card, one of the easiest ways to do it is to go to a store like gamestop and put $5 down on a preorder(They got their codes in today, the 18th). No matter how you preorder, you can always cancel later and get your money back, so technically the beta is free. If you go to somewhere other than gamestop and want to play before the 21st, make sure they have the codes in already.
Happy free multiplayer online beta gaming. Enjoy!

***If you looking for a way to get the beta code without pre ordering, there are some posts within this thread that explain how to do so***

!*!*!*!*!**!
===>> If you decide to try the beta, please feel free to take all feedback, suggestions, comments, questions, and complaints about the beta straight to the EA Medal Of Honor Beta forums at:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/190.page

They would appreciate any and all information we can provide about our experiences while playing this Beta, and it will help to make the final product better for all gamers out there.

!!!!!!!!!=====>> Also, please keep in mind that this is a closed beta, and please read the EULA when you access the beta before you post any full reviews of the game on the internet or in this forum. For those of you who refuse to read the EULA, basically by agreeing to play the game you are agreeing to keep its content confidential. If you really need to talk about specific details regarding the content, please do so at the Official Medal of Honor Forums using the link above. That is the best way to improve the quality of the final product, and also the best way to avoid breaking the law. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
worked for me, but it says only battlefield bad company players can join for now...any way to get around this?

using the ps3

They all look the same... I seriously don't know which is which at first glance. Also, lol Killzone...? Isn't that an insult to the other 3... erm... 1 "military" shooter game?

Preordered at Amazon the other day and still haven't gotten my code, and I'm a BC2 VIP. They said I wouldn't get it until the 21st. Once again, EA sucks with its execution of stuff like this.

[quote name='Maromi']Preordered at Amazon the other day and still haven't gotten my code, and I'm a BC2 VIP. They said I wouldn't get it until the 21st. Once again, EA sucks with its execution of stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's why I quit pre-ordering for beta code that always seems to happen, plus GameSpot & other sites always come through with free codes two days after a beta goes live ;)

UGH, when I first clicked the "Get voucher code" it went to a blank screen. Now when I did it again it says the code is already used.

Anyone have any extra?

ah man i cant use my BC2 VIP status from my 360 on the ps3 beta ..... so that sucks .... so i get no advantage of having VIP status like they said at first before they screwed up the 360 beta....that bites

Maybe the 360 beta wont have the freeze issues like i keep hearing about on the ps3 beta.

It does seem to freeze alot on PS3... It seems to happen more when you press start or select while in the middle of the action. When I'm in the loadout screen, and i press select, it freezes every time. Still, lots of fun!

and if anyone wants to squad up and play, hit me up on psn: dooky_brown

[quote name='bruticus']ah man i cant use my BC2 VIP status from my 360 on the ps3 beta ..... so that sucks .... so i get no advantage of having VIP status like they said at first before they screwed up the 360 beta....that bites

Maybe the 360 beta wont have the freeze issues like i keep hearing about on the ps3 beta.[/QUOTE]

I only have BC2 VIP on 360, but played this PS3 beta. I don't know whats wrong with yours.

[quote name='gomikeoh']worked for me, but it says only battlefield bad company players can join for now...any way to get around this?

using the ps3[/QUOTE]

Same here, any help please?

I doubt it will crush Black OPs just because too many people are on the COD bandwagon.

But yes this game is the COD clone. It plays pretty well and can satisfy your close quarters FPS shooter.

Hopefully they will have better and faster releasing map DLC than BFBC2. BFBC2 had great potential, but the lack of map DLC led to the game getting stale pretty quickly.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Free way to do it WITHOUT pre-ordering....

FIRST
Go to http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/
sign up for a new username or use the one you already have, to take beta code for Command and Conquer 4

SECOND
Go to www.medalofhonor.com/beta
then sign in with an EA account (If you do not have one sign up for a new account)
After that enter the C&C4 code, and say what platform ( I went with PS3, I believe 360 has been delayed) After following all the directions it will give you a beta code that you can download from the PSN.

I believe play starts the 21st. (unless you are a VIP BFBC2 player)

*(The site is VERY slow, so be patient and it should work)[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thank you.

Anyone know if we redeem this code for one system could we later redeem a different one for another system?

(Have a code from preorder and want to use it on 360 but would like to go ahead and try it on my PS3 too.)

I pre-ordered the PS3 version today at GameStop and they wouldn't give me the code. They said they got an e-mail saying to hold back beta codes regardless of what system, not just 360. Lame sauce :whistle2:/

EDIT: Just tried the C&C4 method. It worked up to the point where I hit Get Your Voucher Code on MoH site. It loaded the page where the code should have been displayed but it was blank. When I retry entering the C&C4 code it says its already been used. Anyway to look up the beta key through the EA account?

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I pre-ordered the PS3 version today at GameStop and they wouldn't give me the code. They said they got an e-mail saying to hold back beta codes regardless of what system, not just 360. Lame sauce :whistle2:/

EDIT: Just tried the C&C4 method. It worked up to the point where I hit Get Your Voucher Code on MoH site. It loaded the page where the code should have been displayed but it was blank. When I retry entering the C&C4 code it says its already been used. Anyway to look up the beta key through the EA account?[/QUOTE]

Same thing just happened to me

[quote name='imrandy85']Same thing just happened to me[/QUOTE]

Same thing also happened to me but I tried again with a different account and it worked.

To those having issues with getting the MoH beta code to appear:

The Gamespot account you are using can not have been used for C&C4 already. Make a new account and all should be well.

If you get it on PC add me: rayne117

This is closer to MW2 (piece of shit) than BC2 (a damn good game).
With DICE attached, I actually felt confident in this multiplayer beta. It's a piece of shit. With Frostbite out of the picture, you just have a static map with fast twitch-based gameplay that grows stale on anyone that doesn't have grease on their face.

This is a pretty good deal considering we shouldn't even be getting into the beta right now (or June 21st I heard for people who didn't play Bad Company 2?) for free without pre-ordering, but I agree it looks very similar to BC2, which I did not like very much at all.

Still, for free I think it may be worth a try. At the very worst I hate it and just don't ever play it again, a la BC2.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']
EDIT: Just tried the C&C4 method. It worked up to the point where I hit Get Your Voucher Code on MoH site. It loaded the page where the code should have been displayed but it was blank. When I retry entering the C&C4 code it says its already been used. Anyway to look up the beta key through the EA account?[/QUOTE]

Me too...this sucks.

Game looks pretty cool. I haven't been able to get past that weak arse demo of Bad Company 2 so this new game has got to be better. I hope it isn't true what someone mentioned earlier about not being able to pick up enemy weapons since I love to gun shop...lol.

Wow do most people know what beta means? It is an unfinished work in progress version. You never know maybe they will add stuff like picking up dead body weapons or blowing stuff up. I am shocked how many people mock this game when they only seen videos or played one beta match. I guess this is why most companies in the past do not put out public betas much cause to many people give the game a bad name from playing or seeing beta videos/pics...

I just played a couple hours and this is nothing like Bad Company. It is much more similar to Call of Duty where it is fast paced and does not have fully destructible environments. I'm sure it will improve greatly but as of right now I would much rather play Bad Company 2.

THANK YOU OP!!!

btw my ps3 is having some sort of like death lag issues and its constantly freezing, but everything seems to work fine on my pc.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah I'm getting lag-killed a lot, and my system just locked up while playing on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I think the game has a lot of potential though (official release date is 10/12/10), and I love DICE's work with multiplayer in BC2.

Sadly, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so therefore any game is going to try and emulate the success of multiplayer in MW2. I think what makes or breaks games now (if you've played MW2 or BC2, there's not much difference between them) like Medal of Honor, or even the upcoming COD: Black Ops is how good the single player is.

To me single player makes or breaks MOH, not it's multiplayer. Multiplayer is just icing on the cake for me.

bread's done
Back