Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta out now for FREE!

dothatthing

CAGiversary!
****Edit**** Someone just posted today a way to get free beta codes legit! Here is the link to their thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266521

If you pre order Medal of Honor, you get access to the multiplayer beta for free starting June 21st. As far as I know, pre ordering is the only way to get a multiplayer beta code. The Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta went live for Bad Company 2 VIP members on June 17th 2010 for PC and PS3 (360 delayed). At E3 it was advertised that the Beta goes live on June 21st, but if you have Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP status, you can start playing it on the 17th!

Here is a link to the redemption portal:
http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta

Regardless of what your status is, you need to preorder MoH in order to get your beta code. You can preorder from a few places online, but they might not email the code right away, and you don't get the nifty card that it comes on. If you don't want to use credit or if you want the nifty card, one of the easiest ways to do it is to go to a store like gamestop and put $5 down on a preorder(They got their codes in today, the 18th). No matter how you preorder, you can always cancel later and get your money back, so technically the beta is free. If you go to somewhere other than gamestop and want to play before the 21st, make sure they have the codes in already.
Happy free multiplayer online beta gaming. Enjoy!

***If you looking for a way to get the beta code without pre ordering, there are some posts within this thread that explain how to do so***

!*!*!*!*!**!
===>> If you decide to try the beta, please feel free to take all feedback, suggestions, comments, questions, and complaints about the beta straight to the EA Medal Of Honor Beta forums at:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/190.page

They would appreciate any and all information we can provide about our experiences while playing this Beta, and it will help to make the final product better for all gamers out there.

!!!!!!!!!=====>> Also, please keep in mind that this is a closed beta, and please read the EULA when you access the beta before you post any full reviews of the game on the internet or in this forum. For those of you who refuse to read the EULA, basically by agreeing to play the game you are agreeing to keep its content confidential. If you really need to talk about specific details regarding the content, please do so at the Official Medal of Honor Forums using the link above. That is the best way to improve the quality of the final product, and also the best way to avoid breaking the law. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Wow do most people know what beta means? It is an unfinished work in progress version. You never know maybe they will add stuff like picking up dead body weapons or blowing stuff up. I am shocked how many people mock this game when they only seen videos or played one beta match. I guess this is why most companies in the past do not put out public betas much cause to many people give the game a bad name from playing or seeing beta videos/pics...[/QUOTE]

Actually betas are closer to finished product than you may think. They're used as a stress test on networks, to uncover various bugs and exploits, and to generally see how the game runs when it's opened up to the masses. Halo 3 ran a beta test, and when the final product hit the shelves, the game itself wasn't really different at all, but there were far less cheaters and hackers then there was for Halo 2. COD used to beta test all the time, and they ran fairly well also. COD:MW2 bypassed the public beta(they only tested internally), and it's a cheaters dream come true. I'd expect some minor tweaks and fixes to this, but don't expect anything major. Who knows really, they do seem to be running it pretty early I think.

This game is just so bad. I get it's early early beta but I don't think they can salvage this game, it handles and plays terrible, just everything about it.

[quote name='[email protected]']Anyone else having it freeze a lot on the PS3 while playing?[/QUOTE]

Yup i think the PS3 version is glitched. It freezes my ps3 sometime while in middle of a game. This game is very buggy and laggy at the moment. Hopefully it'll get better. Well still have Black Ops to look forward to for now.

Got this reply from gamespot..

"Thanks for your interest in the Command & Conquer 4 Open Beta. We're currently limiting the rate at which we're distributing keys, but we've just secured you a place in line. We'll display your key here when we release more keys in the coming days, and we'll be sure to notify you by email as well."

Got the same message SnoT, so i used a extra bc2 beta key i had and it worked perfectly. Yeah and those who are on the PS3 are not alone, I've had it freeze up 3/5 matches that I've been able to play. And as a review, feels pretty much like MW2 but a tad slower, which I like but the graphics are not what the videos promised and i don't believe its running at a full 60fps. Still have hope for them to fix up the problems and optimize the graphics a bit more. But hey, its a free beta :)

PSN - esix0

[quote name='TheVandit']This is closer to MW2 (piece of shit) than BC2 (a damn good game).
With DICE attached, I actually felt confident in this multiplayer beta. It's a piece of shit. With Frostbite out of the picture, you just have a static map with fast twitch-based gameplay that grows stale on anyone that doesn't have grease on their face.[/QUOTE]

Frostbite is still used for the multiplayer.

For those wondering why DICE would make a game closer to MW2, just think about it. Why would they want to make a game that's just like their main baby Bad Company 2 so soon after? That would split up the community pretty fast since it would essentially be like getting a complete new set of maps and game modes. By making it more like MW2 they have the best of both worlds, allowing both to co-exist

[quote name='SnoT']Got this reply from gamespot..

"Thanks for your interest in the Command & Conquer 4 Open Beta. We're currently limiting the rate at which we're distributing keys, but we've just secured you a place in line. We'll display your key here when we release more keys in the coming days, and we'll be sure to notify you by email as well."[/QUOTE]

same here, lets hope it'll all still work after they "get more"

I keep getting an invalid code box on ps3. On twitter they say they are working on the problem but I'm having no luck.

Anyone have an extra code they want to pm me?

[quote name='[email protected]']Anyone else having it freeze a lot on the PS3 while playing?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It froze a few times on me during a the course of 3 hours of play last night. It's to be expected with a beta though, especially an early one.

Thanks op! I just d/l it and have to wait till tomorrow to give it a shot. Hope it has the potential to be at least on par with COD because I really do not want to support Activision anymore.

[quote name='eselv73']Does anyone know if the ps3 beta supports 1080i ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the resolution is... but Bad Company 2 was 720p cross-platform, so MoH is probably the same.... that's not necessarily a bad thing, look at Uncharted 2, a great looking game at 720p. With 720 vs 1080 in video games there seems to be no clear winner. In order to output in 1080, things like frame rate and draw distances have to be cut back. Both can look great if done right.

ITT: Conveniently forget that Call of Duty was a ripoff of Medal of Honor in the first place, compare the two unfairly.

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

Code:
To those of you questioning the quality of the beta, please keep in mind that this IS A BETA. Read the full disclaimer that they make you agree to in order to play, it explains it all right there. Technically, none of us is supposed to be sharing any information about the contents of the beta outside of the official MoH forums. In the name of communication and community however, I believe that adressing certain issues here(PS3 freezing) is acceptable. If you have played the beta and have any questions, comments, suggestions, or complaints, please feel free to take them straight to EA
This is what betas are for... We are providing them free game testing and input in exchange for early access to certain aspects of the game. The main reason, however, is not for the beta tester's enjoyment, it is to make the game better for everybody once the game is officially released. By giving input and feedback (even complaints) to the official EA forums, you are helping to make the game better once it comes out, and if you have the time to do so, I highly recommend it.

[quote name='Survivalism']ITT: Conveniently forget that Call of Duty was a ripoff of Medal of Honor in the first place, compare the two unfairly.

Can't say I didn't see that coming.[/QUOTE]

True words of wisdom!!! Know your roots!!!

[quote name='SnoT']Hmmm wonder if a used BC2 beta key would work... I think I still have the email with it....[/QUOTE]

it will, it uses the same format. APB however uses a different format and I'm not sure about other EA betas

I don't see how the BC2 beta will work since it's 12 digits and not 16

edit- well I tried 4 random numbers and I seriously thought it was gonna go through but led to a different page saying code does not exist

Can anyone else not crouch? I can't tell if they purposefully left it out because I think I see other people doing it but I just can't crouch...

EDIT: If you choose the option "Toggle Crouch: OFF" It breaks a lot of controls. Don't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you experiencing PS3 freezing issues, try to avoid pressing select or start as much as possible. If you press select while you're in the load out screen, a hard freeze is almost inevitable at the moment.
If you are looking for more information about the freezing issue, or know of any other instances that causes freezing, please go to this page, the official DEV thread about it

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/960279.page

[quote name='dothatthing']For those of you experiencing PS3 freezing issues, try to avoid pressing select or start as much as possible. If you press select while you're in the load out screen, a hard freeze is almost inevitable at the moment.
If you are looking for more information about the freezing issue, or know of any other instances that causes freezing, please go to this page, the official DEV thread about it

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/960279.page[/QUOTE]

The only way I have found to stop the freezes is to stop playing. Every time I press start or select I'm taking a gamble, every time I score 4 kills in a row and get my points over 40 for a chain it locks up. I should have just waited for the 360 one, at least its being worked on right now, I hate using R1 to shoot, bastard ass developers need to give me the option to change it to R2.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just to confirm, the only way to play in the beta is if you had a VIP code for BC2?[/QUOTE]

Until Monday, yes. On Monday, it becomes open to anyone with a preorder (or illegitimately earned) code.

[quote name='craig.courtney']The only way I have found to stop the freezes is to stop playing. Every time I press start or select I'm taking a gamble, every time I score 4 kills in a row and get my points over 40 for a chain it locks up. I should have just waited for the 360 one, at least its being worked on right now, I hate using R1 to shoot, bastard ass developers need to give me the option to change it to R2.[/QUOTE]

To each their own....
If you feel that strongly about it, then you should leave a comment with the developers......
But if you really dislike using the R1 button to shoot, then maybe PS3 isn't the right system for you, because many shooters on the PS3 force you to use the R1 button, and the controller was designed with that in mind.

I have the beta for PS3 already, but want to try in on PC as well. I'm pretty sure you can only have one beta per BF VIP account, so I will be waiting until monday to try the PC beta.

Wow, cool!! I just used my extra beta code to play the PC version as well, with the same VIP account that I used for the PS3. For any VIP members who want to try it on both platforms, get another beta code and link it with the same VIP account. It looks really cool on the PC, even on my crappy laptop with all the video settings turned down and a chunky framerate. Going back to PS3 now, though, cuz my keyboard and mouse suck.

[quote name='craig.courtney']The only way I have found to stop the freezes is to stop playing. Every time I press start or select I'm taking a gamble, every time I score 4 kills in a row and get my points over 40 for a chain it locks up. I should have just waited for the 360 one, at least its being worked on right now, I hate using R1 to shoot, bastard ass developers need to give me the option to change it to R2.[/QUOTE]

I wish they would have options in the beta to change the control scheme as well. The R1 = shoot is what I like though personally. I don't like the triggers to be the fire button. Probably because I don't like double action triggers, much prefer single action so the R1 makes it feel more at home for me.

I looked into it, yes, you should be able to cancel, but some people said there's no easy way to do it... You may have to do a chat with the techs directly in order to cancel. I've never done it before so I don't know. I waited till the morning and threw down $5 at gamestop so i didn't have to deal with it.

So I went to go play the beta today and it said only BCII players with official(or some word like that) vip players can access the beta. And it let me play around the menu but it didn't let me start a game. Happening to anyone else?

[quote name='Los 33x']So I went to go play the beta today and it said only BCII players with official(or some word like that) vip players can access the beta. And it let me play around the menu but it didn't let me start a game. Happening to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

You have to wait till tomorrow if you don't have BC2 VIP

As of now, Maynard, it doesn't really apply, because beginning the 21st.... (i think at 12am). But for early access before the 21st, you have to use the EA account that you have BFBC 2 VIP status with when you sign in on the beta. Also check out the EA gunclub:
http://www.gunclub.ea.com/

[quote name='basis']will X360 beta be free or do we need to pre-order as well to get into it?[/QUOTE]

yes, basis, you have to preorder to get the beta code, unless you managed to nab one from some other means before they all got snatched up...
If you did manage to get a beta code without preordering, then I would assume that once it does go live for Xbox 360 that the Medal of honor beta site would update to include the choice for 360, since the codes initially are for all 3 platforms, when you redeem online, that is when you choose which platform you want it for.
http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta

bread's done
Back