Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta out now for FREE!

dothatthing

CAGiversary!
****Edit**** Someone just posted today a way to get free beta codes legit! Here is the link to their thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266521

If you pre order Medal of Honor, you get access to the multiplayer beta for free starting June 21st. As far as I know, pre ordering is the only way to get a multiplayer beta code. The Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta went live for Bad Company 2 VIP members on June 17th 2010 for PC and PS3 (360 delayed). At E3 it was advertised that the Beta goes live on June 21st, but if you have Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP status, you can start playing it on the 17th!

Here is a link to the redemption portal:
http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta

Regardless of what your status is, you need to preorder MoH in order to get your beta code. You can preorder from a few places online, but they might not email the code right away, and you don't get the nifty card that it comes on. If you don't want to use credit or if you want the nifty card, one of the easiest ways to do it is to go to a store like gamestop and put $5 down on a preorder(They got their codes in today, the 18th). No matter how you preorder, you can always cancel later and get your money back, so technically the beta is free. If you go to somewhere other than gamestop and want to play before the 21st, make sure they have the codes in already.
Happy free multiplayer online beta gaming. Enjoy!

***If you looking for a way to get the beta code without pre ordering, there are some posts within this thread that explain how to do so***

!*!*!*!*!**!
===>> If you decide to try the beta, please feel free to take all feedback, suggestions, comments, questions, and complaints about the beta straight to the EA Medal Of Honor Beta forums at:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/190.page

They would appreciate any and all information we can provide about our experiences while playing this Beta, and it will help to make the final product better for all gamers out there.

!!!!!!!!!=====>> Also, please keep in mind that this is a closed beta, and please read the EULA when you access the beta before you post any full reviews of the game on the internet or in this forum. For those of you who refuse to read the EULA, basically by agreeing to play the game you are agreeing to keep its content confidential. If you really need to talk about specific details regarding the content, please do so at the Official Medal of Honor Forums using the link above. That is the best way to improve the quality of the final product, and also the best way to avoid breaking the law. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping I can play against some family members once this becomes open to non-VIP BFBC2 accounts. I've already set up the beta on my system and my nephew's. When we tried to play the other night, he got a message stating he needed a VIP account to play. I'm hoping we won't have that issue once it becomes open to non-BFBC2 accounts?

is there ANY way to get in (on PC) without pre-ordering? I'm VIP in BC2 (own it on steam) but in gun club it still just says that applies to early access.

I want to playyyyy

Anyone get the message "
Sorry, that does not appear to be a valid Medal of Honor beta redemption key." when you enter the C&C beta code? I picked my code up a few days ago and waited til today to use it... Did they fix it or did I just get a bad code?

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, Amazon pre-orders include a beta key and there's no obligation to buy. Just got mine this morning.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was hoping. Amazon usually doesn't charge till it ships. I guess I'll go that route.

[quote name='cawthor']How long did it take to receive the key from amazon after you ordered?[/QUOTE]
Can't say since it's been on order since they listed it; probably a couple months now. I'd assume you get the key immediately after pre-ordering though.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Anyone has problems picking a system? I was under the impression that the xbox beta is going live today but it only shows PC and PS3.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox 360 beta has been delayed till either later this week, or early next week... But they will be extending the beta for the 360 to make up for lost time, so you will be getting the same month long window as PC and PS3

[quote name='Nerv_001']has anyone who pre ordered from amazon got a code? I haven't got mine yet.....[/QUOTE]

Yep I got mine this morning.

Damn, that sucks... you would think that they would send out emails right away on the 21st... If you really can't wait to play, you could throw down $5 at a gamestop (cancel later), redeem your beta code, and then when amazon finally gives you yours, you could give it to a friend or something.

[quote name='Nerv_001']has anyone who pre ordered from amazon got a code? I haven't got mine yet.....[/QUOTE]

I also got mine this morning I think it was around 2am

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep I got mine this morning.[/QUOTE]

yeah i just went to their website and it said they would send it with 5 days or ordering. Kind of sucks, but it didn't say that when I pre ordered it. oh well, I guess i'll just go up to gamestop and reserve one.

[quote name='tightclaws']Yeah I'm not impressed.[/QUOTE]

I've had it freeze on me multiple times, and what pisses me off the most is the "kill lag" (for lack of a better term) I encounter every time I shoot an opponent (they should die but don't) and within seconds I'm the one dead.

I hope they're spending more time focusing on the Single Player aspect of the game than they are the Multiplayer, because from what I've played so far, there's not much reason to play this Multiplayer when BFBC2, MW2, and even COD: WAW are a much better experience online.

[quote name='the8055']the keeps lagging and freezes every time I get a killstreak wtf?[/QUOTE]

Yeah...it seems that only happens if you play as an insurgent. Which is why the coalition team almost always wins while the other team is shorthanded. The only workaround so far is to kill yourself before you get a lengthy killstreak and hit 40/40 :roll:

[quote name='kona']Yeah...it seems that only happens if you play as an insurgent. Which is why the coalition team almost always wins while the other team is shorthanded. The only workaround so far is to kill yourself before you get a lengthy killstreak and hit 40/40 :roll:[/QUOTE]

Good point! I never thought about that, but you're right in that I've never been on the winning team in a match when I'm an insurgent.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I've had it freeze on me multiple times, and what pisses me off the most is the "kill lag" (for lack of a better term) I encounter every time I shoot an opponent (they should die but don't) and within seconds I'm the one dead.

I hope they're spending more time focusing on the Single Player aspect of the game than they are the Multiplayer, because from what I've played so far, there's not much reason to play this Multiplayer when BFBC2, MW2, and even COD: WAW are a much better experience online.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about that kill lag.
I could have swore that the lag or freezing for one second comes AFTER you are dead. Meaning that you never had a chance to begin with.
I believe i had experienced it that way.

[quote name='cRodz']I am not sure about that kill lag.
I could have swore that the lag or freezing for one second comes AFTER you are dead. Meaning that you never had a chance to begin with.
I believe i had experienced it that way.[/QUOTE]

That may be the case, though it definitely doesn't register when I shoot someone point blank (the game seems to go in slow motion, and the next thing I know my character is flopping to his death). I shoot- they live. They shoot- I die.

I'm happy to have the opportunity to play, and I realize that it's just a beta and not the finished product. However, if I was someone on the fence about the game, and was basing my opinion of whether to buy it or not on the experience they're providing us now, I'd pass.

However, I think the Single Player will be incredible, which is where I tend to base my opinion of a game like this more so anyway (60% single, 40% multi).

It will be cool to see who will come on top this holiday season... Medal of Honor, Halo: Reach, or Call of Duty: Black Ops. I see it as

1) Call of Duty
2) Halo: Reach
3) Medal of Honor

[quote name='mau64']It will be cool to see who will come on top this holiday season... Medal of Honor, Halo: Reach, or Call of Duty: Black Ops. I see it as

1) Call of Duty
2) Halo: Reach
3) Medal of Honor[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that, though more likely than not I buy all three (just ordered a new Xbox 360 Slim). I would say it probably goes Halo, COD then MOH on Xbox 360, but on PS3 (which obviously Halo won't be released on) it will be MOH, then COD.

Medal of Honor has that "freshness" and "realism" factor due to it's setting in Afghanistan. COD Black Ops will probably be a great game, but just how many people are going to abruptly stop playing COD MW2 and play it instead? I'm guessing not too many. Speaking of that, I still find myself playing COD: WAW more than I do COD: MW2.

Regardless of how it comes out, we all win. And I definitely buy these on 360 due to the 4 or 5 to 1 ratio of online players it'll have over PS3.

After hearing about all the issues, I decided to not even bother with the beta. Didn't really feel like wasting my time on a MW2 clone anyways.

[quote name='Jodou']After hearing about all the issues, I decided to not even bother with the beta. Didn't really feel like wasting my time on a MW2 clone anyways.[/QUOTE]

don't fool yourself. In its current state, its not even close to MW2 quality.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Modern Warfare 2 is quality? News to me.[/QUOTE]

quality is relative, but thanks for your trite response to anything MW related.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']don't fool yourself. In its current state, its not even close to MW2 quality.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Modern Warfare 2 is quality? News to me.[/QUOTE]
Lol, beat me to it. If it's worse than MW2 (if that's even possible), then I want nothing to do with it.

I haven't encountered any of these lag issues on the PC Beta.

I think this game has a more subtle pace to it than the constant running and gunning in MW2. I was much more able to get around and use cover to my advantage on these maps. In MW2 people are flailing around everywhere and then getting pegged from 3/4 across the map.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']don't fool yourself. In its current state, its not even close to MW2 quality.[/QUOTE]

lol!!!!...man what game are you playing?????? :applause:

All I know is that I wish DICE, one of my (former) FPS favorite companies who made--in my opinion--the best online FPS ever, Battlefield 2, would stop trying trying to one-up Modern Warfare with every game they develop lately.

It doesn't help that EA aggressively advertises BC2 as essentially a MW replacement, and MoH is no different. I remember when DICE developed games without giving two shits about trying to compete with whatever game every 12-year-old in America was playing. Battlefield 2 is an incredibly well-developed, deep game that is massive in scope. And it doesn't try to be anything other than a Battlefield game. Bad Company 2 is an attempt to make the Battlefield franchise as Modern Warfare friendly as possible, and their latest games have become more of a dick-waving contest with MW than anything. Once they're released, they let them fall by the wayside. And they wonder why so many people stopped playing Bad Company 2. Battlefield fans don't give a shit about MW, DICE. Focus on your content and your community, and stop paying so much attention to what Infinity Ward is doing.

I really hope they don't try the same with Battlefield 3; I've almost lost hope for the game with DICE's recent track record.

/rant

On a side note, the Call of DUty Black Ops beta should be coming out sometime soon...
And the new Ghost Recon beta even sooner, and even thought the game is cross platform, the beta will only be for 360 :(

I used the C&C method a few days ago. Tried to play it today for the first time, says I need to type in my MoH key. Tried using the one that I got with the C&C and it says already in use? Guess it wont work for me.

When does the beta end?

I've been playing BFBC2 lately. If this beta is similar (by DICE anyway) and it's still buggy, I may just skip it and stick to BFBC2.

[quote name='eau']When does the beta end?

I've been playing BFBC2 lately. If this beta is similar (by DICE anyway) and it's still buggy, I may just skip it and stick to BFBC2.[/QUOTE]
I'd say that's the best route, because they haven't supported the PC version in over two months now. Hell, we STILL don't have the promised 'coming later' Dr. Pepper kit DLC that 360 got either. Epic fail on DICE's part.

I finished downloading the beta and fired it up for a little while last night. Really it felt and looked like a previous generation shooter. The graphics did not look real good, the map that I played on had many places that looked like you should be able to jump over but just had invisible walls keeping you from going over, and the lag when dieing was horrible. I played a match and a half and then for no reason it froze and that was when I decided to not turn it on again. I was hopeful that this would be good but this could be one of the worst betas I have tried.

[quote name='Jodou']I'd say that's the best route, because they haven't supported the PC version in over two months now. Hell, we STILL don't have the promised 'coming later' Dr. Pepper kit DLC that 360 got either. Epic fail on DICE's part.[/QUOTE]
fuck that. I was drinking up Dr Pepper in anticipation of getting those special ops DLC kits on PS3. They released the 360 kits first under Dr Pepper promo but then decided to put PS3 kits on PSN (via in-game store) for real money instead. I refused to pay for the kits since they'd hinted them being free under Dr Pepper promo in the first place. I didn't know they also fuck the PC owner in the rear by failing to release the kits at all.

[quote name='Ness3']I used the C&C method a few days ago. Tried to play it today for the first time, says I need to type in my MoH key. Tried using the one that I got with the C&C and it says already in use? Guess it wont work for me.[/QUOTE]

You use the C&C 4 code at the medal of honor website
http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta
once you enter that in after siging into your EA account, then you get the code that you use to play the Beta.

There's also another great thread here at CAG explaining other methods of getting the beta if you're not able to preorder, look on page 5...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264901

Also, I would just like to say that this, like any other beta, of course has its flaws and is rough around the edges... I remember playing the BFBC 2 beta on the PS3, and loads of improvements were made to the final product. They went from things like no ragdoll physics, to awesome ragdoll physics in the final release. Also, I'm hoping (like others) that the single-player experience will be great like other Medal of Honor titles have been. I must admit that most FPS titles that I play now are mainly for the multi-player, and the single-player of most modern FPS titles look great but can be played through fairly quickly and easily. The Medal of Honor series, however, IMO, has always had some of the best and most challenging (but rewarding) single-player experiences to date. So hopefully this one will continue in that tradition. I don't think that having DICE make the multiplayer will necessarily mean that the single-player game will be just like BFBC 2, since DICE made BFBC 2's SP as well, MoH's SP should be quite different (I hope).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back