Medal of Honor: Out NOW!

[quote name='Trakan']

Had a great game tonight, had to grab a pic.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you must have enraged a lot of players in that session. What class did you use?

[quote name='htown01']Lol, you must have enraged a lot of players in that session. What class did you use?[/QUOTE]

Rifleman. M16 with Red dot and extra magazine.

So after playing online for quite a few hours, Team Assault and Sector Control aren't worth playing due to the map size. Most these maps are the same size as the vanilla CoD maps, if not smaller. CoD maps are great for 6v6, while 8v8 pushes it. There just aren't enough places to go/spawn with 24 players on these small maps. I haven't really played Objective Raid much, but it seems like Attackers will never win unless they have a coordinated team. Playing with randoms, it seems like once one objective goes down, Defenders have a field day picking off people who go for the last objective.

Combat Mission is really the only mode worth playing at this point. Defensive snipers with the high powered scopes can be a nuisance, but with smoke grenades and a few coordinated teammates, winning as the assaulting team is possible. Also, the maps are much bigger, which solves my biggest issue with the other game modes.

[quote name='Trakan']Rifleman. M16 with Red dot and extra magazine.[/QUOTE]

Nice. The most success I had in one session was 465 as a sniper in Shahihkot Mountains in the last defense location :twoguns:The whole team was awful (including me) and lost quickly.

[quote name='hustletron']Why are you so butthurt? Were you on the other team I was killing?

Since you know it all, you must have known that it was in the combat mission and my team ended up losing. But you knew that already. By me saying I went 69 and 11 on my first game I was illustrating that this game is terrible and promotes incessant camping, just with less words. But thank you for attempting to insult me and making it even more so painfully obvious that this game is bad.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:cool story bro, lets move on now:bomb: nobody cares that you went 69-11 in a highly exploitable spawn campers paradise with your sniper.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']:bomb:cool story bro, lets move on now:bomb: nobody cares that you went 69-11 in a highly exploitable spawn campers paradise with your sniper.[/QUOTE]

Someone cares because they brought it up again.

EA announced the sales for Medal of Honor at 1.5 million in the first 5 days... And in better news they went on to announce that there will be a free DLC released Nov. 2nd.

Here is the story from TrueAchievements.com:

EA also unveiled plans for free DLC which would be coming to the title November 2nd. Entitled Clean Sweep, the free download is an elimination mode where 'players must rely on their own skill and teammates’ expertise to prevail as the winning team'. The DLC will also contain two new maps, Bagram Hangar and Khyber Caves with Diwagal Camp and Kabul City Ruins receiving redesigns.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Convinced my friends to wait for Black Ops, looks like I was right.[/QUOTE]
lol...that's my plan too!

[quote name='mvp828']EA announced the sales for Medal of Honor at 1.5 million in the first 5 days... And in better news they went on to announce that there will be a free DLC released Nov. 2nd.

Here is the story from TrueAchievements.com:[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many were traded in right after. The guy I talked to at gamestop (I know not really trust worthy) said the company and a shit ton of trade ins which is why the value dropped down to 23 bucks two days after release.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I wonder how many were traded in right after. The guy I talked to at gamestop (I know not really trust worthy) said the company and a shit ton of trade ins which is why the value dropped down to 23 bucks two days after release.[/QUOTE]

I think it is actually pretty high. One CAG that I know works at a Gamestop said that there was one kid who was going to trade it in on Weds. or Thurs. last week (PS3 version) and another copy traded in for 360 on Friday.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I wonder how many were traded in right after. The guy I talked to at gamestop (I know not really trust worthy) said the company and a shit ton of trade ins which is why the value dropped down to 23 bucks two days after release.[/QUOTE]

Anecdotal evidence but there are used copies of both versions at about 10 different gamestops within 10 miles from me.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Is this game worth it at $30? Probably will do single player only too.[/QUOTE]

If you are only going to do single player I would have to say no. I personally haven't played the campaign yet (I usually stick to MP in games) but some of my friends have played it and said that it is only about 4-6 hours maximum. One CAG that I play a lot of MP with had all but I think 3 achievements within two days of the game being out.

From his reviews and some others, the campaign is really good. He said that he enjoyed it more than MW2's campaign because it was less-Hollywood-like and more emotional/realistic.

-----------------------------------------------

TrueAchievements.com reported that a paid DLC will be released Nov. 2 along with the free DLC for those with an Online Pass.

Link

In shocking news, EA announced their latest DLC plans for Medal of Honor, which has apparently gone "multi-platinum". But interestingly, this crop of DLC isn't covered by your Online Pass.

"Hot Zone" features a new King of the Hill gametype where each team will fight for control of a point across two new maps, Hindukush Pass and Korengal Outpost, as well as remastered versions of Shahikot Valley and Helmand Valley. This gametype and all four (read: two) of these maps can be yours on November 2nd for 800 MSP. What a bargain, right?

Also, if you have redeemed your Online Pass, EA will be tossing you the "Clean Sweep" gametype for free. "Clean Sweep" is a one-life elimination mode, packed with two new maps, Bagram Hangar and Khyber Caves, as well as rehashes of both the Diwagal Camp and Kabul City Ruins maps.

You can expect this all on November 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double post so it doesn't get lost in the quotes...

TrueAchievements.com reported that a paid DLC will be released Nov. 2 along with the free DLC for those with an Online Pass.

Link

In shocking news, EA announced their latest DLC plans for Medal of Honor, which has apparently gone "multi-platinum". But interestingly, this crop of DLC isn't covered by your Online Pass.

"Hot Zone" features a new King of the Hill gametype where each team will fight for control of a point across two new maps, Hindukush Pass and Korengal Outpost, as well as remastered versions of Shahikot Valley and Helmand Valley. This gametype and all four (read: two) of these maps can be yours on November 2nd for 800 MSP. What a bargain, right?

Also, if you have redeemed your Online Pass, EA will be tossing you the "Clean Sweep" gametype for free. "Clean Sweep" is a one-life elimination mode, packed with two new maps, Bagram Hangar and Khyber Caves, as well as rehashes of both the Diwagal Camp and Kabul City Ruins maps.

You can expect this all on November 2nd.

I usually only play single player and the game was really short. It ended when the game was finally getting pretty good.

And Frontline hasn't aged well to me, even with the upgrade in graphics. I loved this game, but it just doesn't hold up to the mass improvements in this genre.

I really don't see what all the hate is for this game. I have only played online so far, but everything is great. I guess cause I have always liked Battlefield games, I can just jump in and dominate online.

Rented this from GF.

The campaign was really short, one of the shortest I remember playing in this generation, but it was fun, in my opinion. The hardest setting wasn't really challenging, but I prefer it to CoD's Veteran. Maybe, if they could find a happy medium, you'd have the perfect hard setting.

Like fatman, I am a veteran of Dice's other MP efforts, so I have also enjoyed the MP a lot. I don't like the fact, though, they obviously were trying to copy CoD and left out all of the cool support actions, like reviving teammates and dropping ammo. It was one of my favorite parts of Bad Company 2, because even if you are having a bad game K/D wise, you can still feel like you're helping the team. It's also a good way to help new players level up a bit as they get a feel for the game.

Beat the game after renting from GameFly. I rate it a 7/10. Singleplayer is solid but short. Story is ambitious but flew over my head. Multiplayer is not very good which was surprising considering I love Bad Company 2 & COD. Recommended for a rental.

FYI, for those who just picked up the game give the MP a chance to grow on you if you don't like it at first. I had to readjust at first from COD and even BF multi-player but grew to really love the game and became quite good at it. I ended up trading it in though while it was still worth some money and the few I played with were no longer playing.

[quote name='woodcan']FYI, for those who just picked up the game give the MP a chance to grow on you if you don't like it at first. I had to readjust at first from COD and even BF multi-player but grew to really love the game and became quite good at it. I ended up trading it in though while it was still worth some money and the few I played with were no longer playing.[/QUOTE]

Sitting at spawn killing people at spawn is just not fun. No matter how long I give the game, the MP still sucks.

I know I'm late to the party on this, but I'm borrowing it from a friend and I'm almost done with it. I'm starting the last level...anyone know if you can get the "beat the game on hard" achievement by only playing through the last level on hard? BFBC2 let you do that, which was another EA/Dice game.

I really enjoyed the singleplayer a lot, but yeah...short as hell. Multiplayer didn't thrill me. Seems like they tried to do 75% MW2 / 25% BFBC2 and came up with something not as good as either.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I know I'm late to the party on this, but I'm borrowing it from a friend and I'm almost done with it. I'm starting the last level...anyone know if you can get the "beat the game on hard" achievement by only playing through the last level on hard? BFBC2 let you do that, which was another EA/Dice game.

I really enjoyed the singleplayer a lot, but yeah...short as hell. Multiplayer didn't thrill me. Seems like they tried to do 75% MW2 / 25% BFBC2 and came up with something not as good as either.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about your first question, as I played it through on hard... Which wasn't really too hard, but enough of a challenge that it made the game really enjoyable.

As for the multiplayer, there is a big learning curve. I hated the beta for it, and only bought the game because I got a good deal on it at Kmart, and really wanted to play the campaign. I really like the multiplayer, but it takes some getting used to and you have to put in the time to really get the full experience. My only complaints with the multiplayer is that the grenades are absolutely worthless as there doesn't seem to be any physics to them, and sometimes the spawns can be bad (although I haven't really had too many problems compared to some people).

Just came in the mail. Not expecting too much out of this so I'm sure not to be disappointed. If anything I'm sure I can dump it on the forums for something I'm looking for like nba jam or maybe even reach. Friend request me if you want to play sometime.

I want to like this game so badly, but Jesus Christ. Between sniper rifles being so over powered, no kill cam / showing the enemy that killed you and spawn killing, I don't stand a fucking chance. Any tips? If not ill just stick to cod.

There really isn't much you can do. The game is completely dominated by snipers. If you're not good at sniping or don't enjoy doing it, you're not going to be a top player in MoH. I rarely ever get killed by anyone using an assault rifle or machine gun. It's almost always a sniper rifle. I just camp in an area and get people running by. You cannot step out in the open for a moment.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I want to like this game so badly, but Jesus Christ. Between sniper rifles being so over powered, no kill cam / showing the enemy that killed you and spawn killing, I don't stand a fucking chance. Any tips? If not ill just stick to cod.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There really isn't much you can do. The game is completely dominated by snipers. If you're not good at sniping or don't enjoy doing it, you're not going to be a top player in MoH. I rarely ever get killed by anyone using an assault rifle or machine gun. It's almost always a sniper rifle. I just camp in an area and get people running by. You cannot step out in the open for a moment.[/QUOTE]

What game modes are you guys playing? I haven't played the game a ton, but I would say there were only three maps where there were heavy snipers. I rarely ever use a sniper rifle and I am always at the top. I mostly play Conquest (or whatever the name of the one with three flags is).

Although snipers are a bitch on the map that is the desert valley, the terrorist camp, and the mountains with the crashed helicopter.

I just play random, I forgot what it was when I was getting raped by snipers. Maybe TDM. I seemed to be getting killed a lot with the air strikes and what not and thought it was something I was doing wrong, but once I got one for myself I put the air strikes where the enemies kept pouring in to try to get the objectives.. I ended up getting like 5 airstrikes in a row just sitting in the same spot. Why on earth they would make killstreaks like that I have no idea. But I ended up going like 35-3 that game lol. There is so much wrong with MOH, and it's really frustrating because it wouldn't take much to fix it, and for the most part I really like it, minus these flaws. For instance, killstreaks shouldn't count toward other killstreaks. Show where the player that killed you is/was standing. I don't give a fuck the gun that was used, the dudes gamertag, his rank, what he eats for breakfast lunch and dinner.. just show me where he is. I feel like that would deter a lot of camping too. Also.. better respawn. That's what really pisses me off, just coming to life and dying every 5 seconds for about 15 minutes because I don't realize there's a dude camping behind me the whole time. See point 2. I do enjoy the game, there's just a lot of things that keep me from loving it.

I guess there are a couple of combinations of maps and modes where snipers cannot completely dominate, but I feel they are in the extreme minority with this game. I only rented the game, so I don't have the VIP or whatever they call it for this game, so maybe I'm missing some good maps. I don't know. I just felt, like Miller, that the snipers are simply way too powerful.

When playing this, I saw way too many 20 and 0 games. Did I see stuff like this Bad Company 2? Yeah, sure, absolutely. Some people are just really good at sniping in FPS games. But I saw stuff like this way too often in MoH. There cannot be that many good snipers out there.

[quote name='mvp828']What game modes are you guys playing? I haven't played the game a ton, but I would say there were only three maps where there were heavy snipers. I rarely ever use a sniper rifle and I am always at the top. I mostly play Conquest (or whatever the name of the one with three flags is).

Although snipers are a bitch on the map that is the desert valley, the terrorist camp, and the mountains with the crashed helicopter.[/QUOTE]

You literally listed half the maps (minus DLC) in the game, even more than half depending on the game mode.

[quote name='moojuice']You literally listed half the maps (minus DLC) in the game, even more than half depending on the game mode.[/QUOTE]

3 of 8 is not half... As for depending on the game mode... Most combat mission is for snipers, but it isn't going to amount to shit if you are attacking or if the attacking team has any common sense, it is the same as in any FPS. Snipers have their advantage, but it is easy enough to beat them.

Memory must be fuzzy then. Regardless, 3 of 8 maps being unfavorable due to Sniper Rifles isn't exactly something to be proud of.

Even if Attackers are camping and sniping in Combat Mission, it just makes the game less fun when you are playing defense. Sure, you could sit in your own base and not rush the attackers, but at that point most people would just rather play something else than sit around waiting to pick off the few people who play the game "properly."

bread's done
Back