Medal of Honor: Out NOW!

It froze on me but only when I would hit the back button right after I would get killed. The fix-don't hit the back button after I die.

This is annoying I enter the redemption Beta Key, said it was succesful, but the space where the key is suppose to be displayed is blank, so where in my account can I find it?

[quote name='Puffa469']I tried the beta today.

1st game. Went 4/4 in first 2 minutes then my 360 froze.

- got up, walked over to 360 and restarted.

2nd game - spawned 5 feet in front of a hoard of enemies 3 times in a row. Was 2/8 when 5 minutes in my 360 crashed again.

- Went to Amazon and cancelled my preorder.

I understand its a beta, but this game needs ALOT of work.

I didnt delete it off my hdd yet, but Im not getting up every 5 minutes to reset my 360 so no more 'playing' tonight.[/QUOTE]
I only had it crash once, when pushing the select button to check how I was doing, while putting about three hours into the beta the other day.

[quote name='Poor2More']This is annoying I enter the redemption Beta Key, said it was succesful, but the space where the key is suppose to be displayed is blank, so where in my account can I find it?[/QUOTE]
It should show up on the beta page where you redeemed the beta key when you're logged in.

This beta was an awful idea. I tried both ps3/xbox versions of it and man what a piece of shit mediocre fucking game. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone canceled their preorders lol.

Yeah, only 2 months before this game releases. I am pretty sure this is closer to a demo than a beta.(Hell actually closer to a alpha)

Lots of work to do in order to call this a knock out game. If it wasnt named Medal of Honor it wouldnt even get a preview in on the back page of a gameinformer.

[quote name='Poor2More']This is annoying I enter the redemption Beta Key, said it was succesful, but the space where the key is suppose to be displayed is blank, so where in my account can I find it?[/QUOTE]

I had this problem too (are you using Firefox?). I just kept going back in the browser, entering it again, and eventually it showed up.

A lot of my friends complain about draw distance and not being able to see people from far away in Battlefield but I never had that problem, but in this game I seem to have that issue. Is it just me?

Also on the mission where you have to attack and defend the 5 points leading to the AA guns, is there any way for the Taliban to win that? On both attack and defense it seemed to be inevitable for the Coalition to win as I don't think they were ever at a point where they might lose.

GRaphically the game looks like an upscaled XBOX game, hit detection is fucking terrible and the draw distance is bad.

It sounds awesome and has great atmosphere but thats about it really

The beta: After about 5 hours, I'm loving every minute of it. Actually, it's quite fun once you get used to the bugs and glitches, as I tend to relate them to being like real life ("the bullet went through him, my gun must of misfired" being something I think alot). Graphics could be worse, but they could be better. As I said, it's good once you get used to it. I've had games where I'd go 5-13 one round, then go 29-2 the next. As for Mission, can you blow up th objective without setting the prompted charges?

Anyways, my main problems:
~It just seems like the AK is better than the M16, I dunno what you guys think.

~The 1 billion points needed for the level 7 unlock has to be the most annoying bug I've ever seen. What the fuck is it anyway? Recoil control?

~ Also, the knife. Most painful animation I've ever seen in a game. And the time needed to knife and pull your gun back out isn't worth it. Faster to reload and spray. The knife might be the most bugged weapon in the game, as I've knifed people who were behind me.

~Another thing I've noticed a lot lately is if I sprint through a doorway but brush the wall, my guy will go back and basically teleport to where he hit the wall.

~Loading Mission tends to freeze my Xbox.

~If you launch an offensive point streak reward, throw a grenade, or fire an RPG/noob tube, they disappear as soon as you die.

To me, these are the 6 most annoying things in the game. Otherwise, I look foward to picking this up on day 1.

~The 1 billion points needed for the level 7 unlock has to be the most annoying bug I've ever seen. What the fuck is it anyway? Recoil control?

~Another thing I've noticed a lot lately is if I sprint through a doorway but brush the wall, my guy will go back and basically teleport to where he hit the wall.
1. That's so you don't get past that level in the BETA.
2. Same problem with BC2.

[quote name='MSUHitman']A lot of my friends complain about draw distance and not being able to see people from far away in Battlefield but I never had that problem, but in this game I seem to have that issue. Is it just me?

Also on the mission where you have to attack and defend the 5 points leading to the AA guns, is there any way for the Taliban to win that? On both attack and defense it seemed to be inevitable for the Coalition to win as I don't think they were ever at a point where they might lose.[/QUOTE]
I haven't had that problem and neither do my opponents from what I could tell from some of my long-range deaths.

They've won multiple times when I played the mission mode for a while. A good defense or bad offense can keep them from winning, which is the same for the Rush mode in BC2.

After playing for a few hours on both the PS3 and 360, I cancelled my pre-order. It's BFBC2 with a different name. Nothing more, nothing less. BFBC2 is (beta or not) more polished. The knife animations, death freak outs, and overall game play are just sub par. Glad I saved my money!

IMO they basically took BFBC2 and took all of the stuff I like about that game away. Then they tried to make what was left over more like CoD MW2. I'm not a big fan of this game and I'll just be sticking with BFBC2.

The beta froze on my three times within an hour. After that, I gave up.

The one thought I did form in my brief time playing is that the knife really needs to be coded to a different button. Maybe I'm just too rough on my right thumbstick, but twice, while in a firefight, I apparently pushed too hard on the thumbstick while correcting my aim, and stopped firing to do a knife animation. And promptly died, of course. Well, after the ever-present annoying death-lag, anyway.

Another code to give away:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To get access to the beta:

Go to medalofhonor.com/beta, enter the 16-digit redemption code below, and select your game platform. You'll be issued a unique beta key. Once you receive your beta key, use it and follow the instructions on the site to begin downloading the beta on the platform of your choice.

Redemption code: 4QVQ-NCYM-SNSK-4X66
[/FONT]

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']After this beta, I have heard a lot of "I'm canceling my preorder" and not too many "I wasn't going to buy this before but I am now".[/QUOTE]
You weren't going to hear that anyway since most had to pay for the beta.

That Linkin Park song is fcking awful.

If you buy the Special Edition of Medal of Honor (aka all launch copies), you get a code for beta access into the Battlefield 3 beta due out next year. Yes I said the BATTLEFIELD 3 beta, not Bad Company. Rejoice BF fans

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not much of gameplay trailer in that video, but I dig the song.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was meant to be. The SP is what will make this game.

From all of what I have read, does anyone get the idea that this game is built off an old BFBC2 engine? You are all saying the same thing about it, so it made me wonder.

[quote name='WormFOODx']From all of what I have read, does anyone get the idea that this game is built off an old BFBC2 engine? You are all saying the same thing about it, so it made me wonder.[/QUOTE]

The MP is

It is made by DICE, but I don't think it is using the Frostbite engine as the buildings are not destructible like in BFBC2.

Tried to give this another shot last night. It crashed and froze up my xbox AGAIN. This time, not even when I hit the back button to check the score, like it did last week. This time, it just randomly froze 30 seconds after I started a match. Total fail on this beta. I will pass on buying this new at launch. If it gets good reviews, I may pick up a cheap copy later for the single player, but I think I'll be staying away from the multiplayer.

[quote name='DJP519']The beta froze on my three times within an hour. After that, I gave up.

The one thought I did form in my brief time playing is that the knife really needs to be coded to a different button. Maybe I'm just too rough on my right thumbstick, but twice, while in a firefight, I apparently pushed too hard on the thumbstick while correcting my aim, and stopped firing to do a knife animation. And promptly died, of course. Well, after the ever-present annoying death-lag, anyway.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY what happened to me several times and annoyed the PISS out of me. i played for about 4 hours, got max rank on the sniper and rifleman, and the "upgraded" single shot rifle is complete shit. it is sooo slow. granted its much more powerful, if facing more than one enemy in a group, after your first shot you are hosed unless you are in pistol range. I routinely came in top 3 every match with the M21 and Dragunov as it was fast enough to drop multiple targets.. and in teh small ass Kabul map.. that is what there always is.. now i am sure there will be bigger maps on release and what not but with the huge sway they give you and ZERO close quarters options... its crapitude

this felt to me like BFBC the FIRST ONE in almost every way. i have officially put this on RENTAL status to play the campaign but i can tell the MP will have ZERO retention with me. i honestly had more fun with Blacklight MP or Transformers... looks like ill be waiting for Black OPS and Reach for my MP fix as I cannot stand MW2 online anymore and this has failed.

it is just complete run of the mill, no frills, " lets include a MP mode to add more features to our title and squeeze some more cash out of it " mediocrity.

I have lost all excitement for this game. I preordered in June, got the BETA and was super excited. Quite frankly, I thought the BETA sucked. I canceled my preorder after a week of the BETA and haven't heard much from this game since. If it gets good reviews and everyone here has good things to say, maybe I'll pick it up on Black Friday. If not, this is a no buy for me.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'll rent it tomorrow, but they should have pushed this back to March.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. If there was nothing else coming out, I would probably get it, solely because it's made by EA and DICE. However, there's so many good games coming out, I just don't have the time for this one.

I been playing it for a couple hours online and man, a LOT of lag spikes. The Cheezemints online are pretty easy. I will delve into multi player tomorrow and see how good it is.

Game just reeks of a generic shitty shooter that people will fall all over themselves to claim that its great.

Everything about this game is generic and the beta didnt do them any favors at all. I am watching gameplay clips and like IGN said it feels like a dated shooter BUT I will give it a rent and see what I think.

[quote name='token2k6']reviews are up, IGN makes it sound like a broken mess (6.0-Passable), while Kotaku is a little more positive (but aren't they always!)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1127285p1.html

http://kotaku.com/5659329/review-medal-of-honor

Me and my three friends were all going to pick this up at lunch, now I hope they all want to back out. This just doesn't seem worth it at $50-$60!![/QUOTE]

The IGN article just doesn't sound credible. They make it sound like a glitch fess yet all the other reviews currently up don't mention glitches at all. Also, they seem to be pretty bad at math...
7.0, 7.0, 8.5, 6, 7... I guess IGN didn't pass elementary math. Basic Stats would show it goes to a 7.1 (rounded 7).

What I get from the reviews is this... Single Player is short, the moments are cliche from other games. I have yet to pop the game in but to me this sounds like a typical shooter. The only thing skeptic to me is multiplayer. I hate the call of duty setup and it sounds like the game moved towards this (rewarding players that are dominating by giving them more stuff to dominate with mid-game) vs keeping the goodness of BC2's online gameplay.

I have played through the couple of levels and I can already tell how this is going to go. Linear, linear, linear invisible walls a plenty. No control over cut scenes at all, not being able to look around during a cut scene is something you dont think about until its gone. I have already done about 12 things for the FPS checklist.

As the feel of a very average shooter but again I am only at the beginning. Also this game is intelligence insulting easy even on the hardest setting, I stopped using cover and just started sprinting in to stab people very early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe anything ign says, they aren't credible nowadays and have been exposed in the past for taking $ and such so forget about them. Anyways, I played the game a few days ago early and it's just like bad company 2. Saw my nephew playing it last night and he said the same thing but then again, Dice was involved. I'll pass and wait it out.

[quote name='lordopus99']The IGN article just doesn't sound credible. They make it sound like a glitch fess yet all the other reviews currently up don't mention glitches at all. Also, they seem to be pretty bad at math...
7.0, 7.0, 8.5, 6, 7... I guess IGN didn't pass elementary math. Basic Stats would show it goes to a 7.1 (rounded 7).
[/QUOTE]

Taken from the "IGN Ratings and Reviews Policy" page.

It's important to note that the overall rating is not an average of the five individual categories. We believe that no game will ever fit into a simplistic numeric formula. Many titles are more than a sum of their parts, so the overall score is left to the judgment of the reviewer. This gives you a better sense of the reviewer's overall experience with the game rather than forcing our editors to use an average to determine the final rating for games of multiple types.

[quote name='nekromantix']Taken from the "IGN Ratings and Reviews Policy" page.

It's important to note that the overall rating is not an average of the five individual categories. We believe that no game will ever fit into a simplistic numeric formula. Many titles are more than a sum of their parts, so the overall score is left to the judgment of the reviewer. This gives you a better sense of the reviewer's overall experience with the game rather than forcing our editors to use an average to determine the final rating for games of multiple types.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: IGN sucks so much ass.

I went back and forth whether to buy or rent this game. I really wanted to read some reviews, but of course EA waits until release day to allow them to go out. That should have been a tip off right there. Not all reviews are bad, so I'll judge myself.

I ended up buying it due to the $20 credit Amazon was offering. I think I'll put a couple days into it and put it up on eBay.

Rented it. Its awful, and a shame too, because you can see an actual good game in the mess, but its not polished at all, and, atleast for me, was really laggy. Kinda seems like they took BC2, took the fun out, and shipped it. Glad I didn't buy it, or even pay for the rental (Coke Rewards). Will play more to see if it gets any better, but I doubt it.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Rented it. Its awful, and a shame too, because you can see an actual good game in the mess, but its not polished at all, and, atleast for me, was really laggy. Kinda seems like they took BC2, took the fun out, and shipped it. Glad I didn't buy it, or even pay for the rental (Coke Rewards). Will play more to see if it gets any better, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Have you checked out the campaign at all? That's all I care about and while everyone is having a field day bashing the MP I'm just curious how the SP is. I don't care that it may be short or linear as that's actually a big plus for me.

SP is god awful because its so stale. There is nothing here you havent done a million times before on better games.

Jesus, some of you are quick in giving final verdicts.

Butch, I just looked at your cheesemints. Looks like you haven't even played single player, and have played online for less than 2 hours (no achievement for playing online for 2 hours), but at least 15 minutes (achievement for playing 15 minutes online). IMO, and I'm sure in others' eyes, that's way too short for proper judgment of the game as a whole.

As for other people's/reviewer's complaints- Concerning lag issues, that's present in pretty much every EA shooter in it's first few days. Battlefield 1943/Bad Company 2 had those same issues, and sports games even have those issues.

Linearity? Really? You're complaining about linerarity in a FPS game? That's the NORM in most FPS games. It usually an exception when an FPS game isn't linear.

Now, I'm not trying to say this game doesn't suck, but I'm not saying it does either. All I'm trying to say is damn people, it hasn't even been out for a day, and chances are that the people already passing judgment haven't even played it for more than an hour or two.

[quote name='moojuice']Jesus, some of you are quick in giving final verdicts.

Butch, I just looked at your cheesemints. Looks like you haven't even played single player, and have played online for less than 2 hours (no achievement for playing online for 2 hours), but at least 15 minutes (achievement for playing 15 minutes online). IMO, and I'm sure in others' eyes, that's way too short for proper judgment of the game as a whole.

As for other people's/reviewer's complaints- Concerning lag issues, that's present in pretty much every EA shooter in it's first few days. Battlefield 1943/Bad Company 2 had those same issues, and sports games even have those issues.

Linearity? Really? You're complaining about linerarity in a FPS game? That's the NORM in most FPS games. It usually an exception when an FPS game isn't linear.

Now, I'm not trying to say this game doesn't suck, but I'm not saying it does either. All I'm trying to say is damn people, it hasn't even been out for a day, and chances are that the people already passing judgment haven't even played it for more than an hour or two.[/QUOTE]

I see your point but still man, people thought the beta was awful, people thought the demo was awful and now those same people think the game is awful. I think that is more than enough time.

Also, although yes most modern FPS are Linear but the staple is creating a environment that doesnt feel linear although it is. Thats the point. This game doesnt even try to make it seem like its an open world, its like we are back in the PS2 days.

This game is the equivalent of your wife wanting to see that new romantic comdey. Yeah cant pass judgment until you see it and hell you might even have some laughs while your at it..but you know from the words, "Honey lets see a movie," that this isnt going to be fun night.

I only need about half hour I think Till I have 2 hours played. I just think they should have put the multiplayer on Live for a simple 800. I'll play the single player tonight and probably finish it.

bread's done
Back