Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

I used to play the games listed as green (top picks) in this forum, but you've taken the list down. When will it be re-uploaded, so I could access them?
When CAG did their forum change many of the links did not work at all. In fact, there are quite of a few errors. I don't think the listing will come back as it was too much work to correct when the changes to the forum hit. I usually used an automated script but those don't seem to work anymore.

My wordpress site will be the primary list of freeware games and I will bulk post my finding here with some highlights on here.

1) No Room In Hell

2) Gun Godz

3) Return to Tolagal

4) Loot Clicker

5) Candy Box

6) Megumi Quest

7) Null Divide +

^ Those were the games that stuck out for me in 2013. Once I started playing them I could not put them down.
What about Cry of Fear and The Dark Mod. They were released as standalone games in 2013, in case you're forgetting it :D

Also Boson X....

Last edited by a moderator:
When CAG did their forum change many of the links did not work at all. In fact, there are quite of a few errors. I don't think the listing will come back as it was too much work to correct when the changes to the forum hit. I usually used an automated script but those don't seem to work anymore.

My wordpress site will be the primary list of freeware games and I will bulk post my finding here with some highlights on here.
Yeah i used to play all your top picks and I wanna see 'em somewhere. Either on your blog or in this forum...

Also it'd be nice if you publish a Best of Year lists or something like that. :D

Cry of Fear and The Dark Mod are good. I posted them on my new wordpress site/list. They just did not capture me like the other games. I saw Boson X and have it on my to post list but I did not play it for very long after my inital run of it (to make sure it worked).

I would like to add that Red Eclipse and Warsow added some nice feature in 2013 updates that I've gotten back into them also.

Megazel, you're the ultimate source of freeware PC games for me.

Could you please make a list of the Best Free PC Games that were released in 2013, in your opinion.

If not, could you please share what's the Best ones' you played that were released in 2013

Megazell is the hardest CAG motherfucker this side of the Earth's core. I can't stress this enough.

Megazell is the hardest CAG motherfucker this side of the Earth's core. I can't stress this enough.
jake_blushing_by_xxjohnnytestloverxx-d5fjgdk.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj8w7LtLylY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Bee9RoQPI

Lumen (3D platformer) is one brilliant game that I played recently. 

http://www.lumengame.com/

The Team:

Thousand Cranes Studio is formed by six students of the Master's Degree in Video game Development of Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona. Throughout a period of ten months three programmers built a custom engine (C++ and Directx9 powered) from scratch and three artists created all the content featured in the game.

Beautiful Screenshots: http://www.lumengame.com/media/

I enjoy your list, Megazell, thanks a bunch.   Have you ever played Scorched Earth 2000?  Very old 2D projectile tank game, kind of a precurser to the modern Worm's games.   If you've played it and are feeling a bit nostalgic, you can play it free at http://www.scorch2000.com.  Uses a Java applet, keeps your scores and even has multiplayer. 

I have two free game keys for PC and Mac. 'Shattered Haven' and 'Ærena - Clash of Champions'.

Anyone want in on em?

Yes, Free! By navigating to http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/ and downloading the game tomorrow after the promotion starts and before it ends (the promotion will last 24 hours), the game will be free to keep forever! 

Following this, we will be rolling into a free weekend for Rising Storm (free for a limited time) as well as a discount! If you've been trying to convince a friend to play Red Orchestra 2 with you, there will be no better time than tomorrow!

Do you still have a spare key for shattered haven? If so I would give it a good home.
Man using this forum is getting harder for me LOL I accidently reported your post but I sent a message saying it was mistake.

Hey,

Sent - Not sure if I gave it away or not. I've been bombarded with free keys and giving them out left and right at LANS.

I enjoy your list, Megazell, thanks a bunch. Have you ever played Scorched Earth 2000? Very old 2D projectile tank game, kind of a precurser to the modern Worm's games. If you've played it and are feeling a bit nostalgic, you can play it free at http://www.scorch2000.com. Uses a Java applet, keeps your scores and even has multiplayer.
Thanks for the heads up. Gave it and go and it works on Linux also. :) It will be posted soon :)

Is this offer expired? I signed up for everything and linked my accounts, but I can't seem to figure out how to get Rush Bros for free. :(
This offer is available til Saturday 17 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC: according to the site. Try again today. I am going to make another account and see but it seems to be working for others that I know.

https://freegame.greenmangaming.com/ <- This site was down for a bit but is back up.

Last edited:
Thanks. Once I got everything filled out, they sent me to a page stating

At this point we need to mention…
This Free Game Giveaway is open to existing Green Man Gaming customers only. If you are an existing Green Man Gaming customer and have had a valid account prior to the announcement of this Free Game Giveaway, ensure you are using the correct credentials and try again.

If you didn't already have a Green Man Gaming account, guess what, we've now automatically created you one, so you can get the best deals in gaming and keep your ear to the ground for our next Free Game Giveaway!

Back to form.
It looks like your Green Man Gaming account has to have been created before May 14th. Oh well. At least I have an account for the next time they give away a game.

^ Yeah - That sounds about right I have 18 games under them - 12 of which came from free giveaways like the one that just passed. I highly recommend that all PC Gamers make free accounts at GoG, Origin, STEAM, GMG and others because they give out free game all the time. 

Last edited:
I have codes for "Shadow Man", "Wizardry 8" and "11th Hour" on STEAM. Let me know if want in on 'em.
No one ever replied to this so I don't know if you still have them or not but if no one has claimed them and you still have them I would give them a home in my library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b0tSu0QDQ0

This video hit me in my pixelated heart. Often time I go back - like I am doing now for the wordpress site - and revisit old games that I've played to introduce to new gamers. Sometimes - my oldest comes running over to my gaming room and say "OMG DAD I remember that song/sound...didn't we..." and there I go into this mushy mess of a gaming dad reminding my kid of the times we've had back then. Then she logs on with her friends on L4D 2 and Cube 2 and demolish me and my older gaming crew. :)

I'm back into my grind. Updating the wordpress site with some new games. Cleaning up this thread a bit. Lately, I gotten into playing some bootleg ROMS like Street Fighter IV for the NES. Nothing but laughter and shock when I show these games to ppl in real life. The kind of shock you see on people's faces when you show them moves likes Sharknado and/or The Human Centipede.

The glory of homebrew freeware games!

Hey all,

I've moved on to Linux awhile back. Recently, I gave up my last copies of Windows (XP, 7 and 8) to the needy. With that said most of those in my circle are either on Mac or Linux. The few that are still on Windows - Don't game at all (ugh). So if anyone is interested in testing some games (unpaid thing) in Windows that would be groovy. I want to make sure that all games that I post - work on the OS the devs say they do.

So if you want in, let me know.

As I get keys for Windows games they will be given out to those that help out but this is not a sure thing as I get them quite randomly.

I hope everyone had a great summer and had some great gaming moments.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I've moved on to Linux awhile back. Recently, I gave up my last copies of Windows (XP, 7 and 8) to the needy. With that said most of those in my circle are either on Mac or Linux. The few that are still on Windows - Don't game at all (ugh). So if anyone is interested in testing some games (unpaid thing) in Windows that would be groovy. I want to make sure that all games that I post - work on the OS the devs say they do.

So if you want in, let me know.

As I get keys for Windows games they will be given out to those that help out but this is not a sure thing as I get them quite randomly.

I hope everyone had a great summer and had some great gaming moments.
I'm still on Win XP & 7. Haven't made the jump to 8 yet.

I don't have much time dedicated to gaming right now, but I could install / boot / play a few minutes for test purposes. If someone else with more free time for full playthrouhs volunteers, I'd be happy to step aside.

bread's done
Back