Meijer Sales/Clearance Thread

SaberMatrix

CAGiversary!
Meijer in Colerain Ohio had Steel Black, Wave Blue and Silver Dualshock 4 Controllers on Clearance for $50.

Labo customization kit was clearanced at $2.49

Final Fantasy Royal edition on Xbox One was on sale for $9.99.

Didn't see a thread of anything like it, so figured i'd give it a whirl.

For those who are not sure what Meijer is: It's a retail chain out of Michigan that is similar to Walmart, without the feeling of being a warehouse. They currently operate in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. They are very behind in the online push, so dont expect much to be online.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad. Physical media's slow march to niche oblivion continues ...
In Meijer's case, I think it's more that they just aren't selling gaming products in general as much. Outside of a couple of clearance purchases, I haven't seriously considered buying a newer game, accessory or even system at Meijer since I was in high school. My first thought is Best Buy, followed by Amazon, because of either rewards points or gift cards.

In Meijer's case, I think it's more that they just aren't selling gaming products in general as much. Outside of a couple of clearance purchases, I haven't seriously considered buying a newer game, accessory or even system at Meijer since I was in high school. My first thought is Best Buy, followed by Amazon, because of either rewards points or gift cards.
It feels a little reminiscent of what we saw with Sears / Kmart and games a few years back.

Sure, fair enough. But the fact that another retail option for buying physical media (whether games or movies) has decided to significantly scale back is a result of continued contraction in consumer demand. The fact is even 5 years ago, stores like Sears and Meijer had a wide variety of offerings of games/movies because that market gave them sufficient sales (i.e. the pie was large enough). Now, with digital firmly in place and on the rise, that pie is much, much smaller -- and getting even smaller by the day. It makes sense then that the number of stores willing to give these items shelf space is fast dwindling. At this point, the last stores offering any variety are Walmarts. Thankfully, for now, we at least have Internet stores that are willing to use warehouse space to help sell titles from big, medium, and small publishers.

The problem, of course, is that the physical media market looks highly unlikely to be able to sustain many medium/small publishers for the long-term. And with big publishers increasingly losing interest, it seems all but inevitable that physical releases are going to become more and more limited in terms of availability and variety.

Again, none of this is unexpected. As I've said here a few times, I'm done with video games when physical media looks like it's largely an afterthought.

Just got back from my local Meijer and they have Fire Emblem Three Houses $17.99 on clearance. When it rang up, they took another 25% off. Paid $14 and change after tax.

Also saw Kirby Star Allies and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon marked at $29.99 clearance.

I got a thing in the mail for $10 off a $50 purchase in an Mperks advertisement. It came a couple weeks back (I was thinking of getting $10 off an Xbox) but might still be sitting in junk mail piles.

Went to two Meijers and saw the following Switch games on clearance.

Fire Emblem Three Houses $17.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 $17.99
Burnout Paradise Remastered $15
Octopath Traveler $17.99
Kirby Star Allies $29.99
Xenoblade Chronicles $29.99
Resident Evil Collection $17.99

Also they are having an additional 25% off clearance games this week so they are much cheaper

Holy crap, I hadn't bothered to check Meijer in forever since it seemed like they were never going to have any good deals ever again, lol. Picked up these just now:

Burnout Paradise $11.25

Octopath Traveler $13.50

Kirby Star Allies $22.50

I don't think I've seen Octopath discounted at all EVER, so getting it for $13 is freaking insane.

Went to two Meijers and saw the following Switch games on clearance.

Fire Emblem Three Houses $17.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 $17.99
Burnout Paradise Remastered $15
Octopath Traveler $17.99
Kirby Star Allies $29.99
Xenoblade Chronicles $29.99
Resident Evil Collection $17.99

Also they are having an additional 25% off clearance games this week so they are much cheaper
Damn, I've been looking for a good deal on MUA 3 for a while now. I'll have to check my store later today.

A few more I saw today:
Snack World $14.99
Yokai Watch 2 $11.99
Battlefield V $4.99
God of War $9.99
Sushi Striker $14.99
Fire Emblem Heroes $11.99
At checkout another 25% is taken off.

My store was wiped out on Switch, still decent stock on Xbox and PS4. Still was able to grab Fire Emblem Warriors.

Deadly Premonition 2 was marked to 14.99, sold out of course.

Ok lots of stuff at the store I went to tonight..

Grabbed 3 wanted to get more... may go back so im not with the wife and shes rushing me...

Sekiro (XB1) $17.99 ~> $13.49 before Tax !!!!

Assassins Creed 3 Remasterd (XB1) $11.99

Just Cause 4 (XB1) $5.99

With the additional discount $28.33 out the door :)

Burned some Mperks coupons I had and picked up a copy of Link's Awakening on Switch. It appears to be a UAE/Middle East version. US cart though so it's not really a big deal.

Man, Cascade Meijer in GR just does not care about clearances. The racks are stocked. They had 'Minecraft: Dungeons' for Switch, and titles like 'Rage 2' on clearance, and that's about it. Even some of the games on sale were still $10 more than Best Buy.

Man, Cascade Meijer in GR just does not care about clearances. The racks are stocked. They had 'Minecraft: Dungeons' for Switch, and titles like 'Rage 2' on clearance, and that's about it. Even some of the games on sale were still $10 more than Best Buy.
Did you price check ? The only game I checked was octopath and it was on a regular rack but scanned at $17.99. Struck out on marvel and fire emblem

Did you price check ? The only game I checked was octopath and it was on a regular rack but scanned at $17.99. Struck out on marvel and fire emblem
I did not, but I didn't even see a spot for some of these games. I don't think they've been at this store for a while.

Is there a coupon for 25% off. I got following games for $17.99 each, but there was no 25% discount on top

Resident Evil origins collection 

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Fire Emblem warriors

Pokemon mystery dungeon for switch is on clearance too for $29.99, but was oos

Just got back from my local Meijer and was able to grab the last Octopath and FE Three Houses, both at $17.99 each.  Didn't get the additional 25% discount either.  I actually took the games to a price scanner to verify since no one was at the electronics counter.

Was hoping to find MUA3 but no luck.  Love finding unlabeled clearance games, much thanks for posting these.

Games were still in those plastic cases and haphazardly placed with all other Switch games out on the shelf.  I wonder if all others had some sort of clearance discount also.

Do video games and video game accessories count as “general merchandise for the Santa Bucks correct?” Just want to be sure first time I’m living near a Meijer. Thanks

Are these YMMV? My Meijer has a few copies of Marvel on the shelf for full price. However, it's stuck on the security hanger, so I would need to track down an employee just to price check it.

Are these YMMV? My Meijer has a few copies of Marvel on the shelf for full price. However, it's stuck on the security hanger, so I would need to track down an employee just to price check it.
If you have the Meijer app on your phone, you can use the Shop & Scan feature & scan the barcode to find the in store price.

Went back today and I got someone to unhook Ultimate Alliance from the security rack and it rung up at $17.99. Will go back on Friday to try and snag the last copy to flip at Gamestop.

I stopped in a local Meijer (West Bend) after work and checked out the ps4 games almost all of them were on clearance, and not the "clearance" prices they have had lately but real clearance prices.

PS4:

Borderlands 3 11.99

Wolfenstien 2 3.99

OuterWorlds 11.99

Death Stranding 11.99

For Honor Marching Fire 3.99

Nioh 2 5.99

Middle Earth:Shadow of War 1.99

Gran Turismo Sport 5.99

FIFA20 8.99

Kinda bummed i could have saved 2 dollars on Nioh 2 (Bought it BF with GCU at BB for 7.99)

Im guessing they are getting rid of most PS4 games and going to use the space for PS5 games instead. 'm hoping one of those back button attachments go on clearance Ill snag those

bread's done
Back