Meijer Sales/Clearance Thread

SaberMatrix

CAGiversary!
Meijer in Colerain Ohio had Steel Black, Wave Blue and Silver Dualshock 4 Controllers on Clearance for $50.

Labo customization kit was clearanced at $2.49

Final Fantasy Royal edition on Xbox One was on sale for $9.99.

Didn't see a thread of anything like it, so figured i'd give it a whirl.

For those who are not sure what Meijer is: It's a retail chain out of Michigan that is similar to Walmart, without the feeling of being a warehouse. They currently operate in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. They are very behind in the online push, so dont expect much to be online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very YMMV, but I picked up WarioWare for $15 and went poking around in the discount game bins. Found a stray copy of Concrete Genie at the bottom. Regular bar code rang up as "PS4 Game 9.99"

Cascade Meijer in GR had two copies of 'MediEvil' of which I bought one. The price even surprised the employees. They also said they only received one copy of 'Concrete Genie' when it was released, so that was long gone.

Snagged a copy of Concrete Genie (never heard of it, bought solely cuz of all you talking about it) and Medieval (thanks for the heads up on that) $10 each this morning.

Doesnt this MediEvil game actually kinda suck?
I played the demo and honestly, that's a hard question to answer. It's literally the same PS1 games with updated graphics... the mechanics/design were not updated for the modern era so the game feels just like it did on the PS1. I honestly don't know how else to describe it. The PS1 originals were fun but like most games that are that old, some of the controls/mechanics that were fine back in the day no longer work. \

If you enjoyed the originals, it's worth getting. If you never played the originals but do have some patience for iffy controls (character movement feels unnatural) and game mechanics (floating/jumpy camera, not the best hitbox, etc.), the game is still pretty enjoyable due to the story/characters. Otherwise, I'd take a hard pass.

It's not exactly a game but I found a copy of Detective Pikachu in the checkout lanes after not being able to find one on the shelf. Usually they roll out a pallet of movies with stickers on them but I guess that's being saved for Thursday/Friday. 

Meijer had the PS4 Slim bundle with Last of Us, God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn for $199 for black friday.  I went in today and they had two in stock, but they also had their "Santa Buck" $20 off deal going, so I was able to get it for $180.  Not too bad considering the other stores had none of the bundles in stock.

The santa bucks do not, however, apply to clearance games.

Picked up a few clearance games along with Warioware Gold for 3DS  $14.99, but not apparently registering as clearance so it took the $3 off.

Santa Bucks Thursday-Saturday

Switch Lite gets a $30 back coupon.

Also 40% off Vtech for tomorrow's daily deal

Grabbed a copy of Soul Caliber 6 (PS4) from my store for $9.99. Had a few other things marked as clearence but didn't pay attention to prices.

Mperks flash sale for Monday/Tuesday

15% off Toy Department items is the only thing tangentially related to video games, but it usually includes board games and those little electronic toys with LCDs.

Right now they are doing 25% off clearance games (and electronics) at Meijer (I’m assuming it’s at all of them).

Picked up Vampyr for the One for under $8

Meijer in Sussex, WI had a nice selection of clearance games for around $5, mostly for PS4 and XBox One. 

I got Dishonored 2, Soul Calibur 6, Middle Earth Shadow of War, UFC 3 for $5 each and Batman Return to Arkham for 7.50 all for X1, then Sacred 2 for PS3 for $2. 

Meijer in Sussex, WI had a nice selection of clearance games for around $5, mostly for PS4 and XBox One.

I got Dishonored 2, Soul Calibur 6, Middle Earth Shadow of War, UFC 3 for $5 each and Batman Return to Arkham for 7.50 all for X1, then Sacred 2 for PS3 for $2.
Shit were there multiple copies? I was at the one on Burliegh and nothing

I think I grabbed the only copy of SC6 (there was another one marked for $9.99 I think) Sacred 2 and Batman.  Don't remember about the others. 

It might be worth checking the cages for Turtle Beach headsets on clearance. I just got 2 of the Xbox One Stealth 300s for $20 each. I was just thinking of getting another pair, pretty pumped about this find.

$80 is the regular price. I personally liked my Recon ones which retail at $40, but just trying these on the sound is better and everything just seems nicer on first impressions.

The only weird thing is that they are wired but you have to charge them (I think because it some kind of surround sound improvement mode or something?).

Looking at reviews on Amazon for them are weird though. It has a 3.5 out of 5 rating on Amazon with some negative reviews that seem legit but then some dumb ones that say “the cord is too short, am I supposed to put my PS4 on my lap while using them?” and gave them a 1 star even tho I can say the cord to the controller is like 4 feet long lol. A lot of other dumb ones as well, like one person saying he’s disappointed because it doesn’t have an adapter to plug into an Xbox One controller...I don’t get it as you just plug it into the controller, you don’t need an adapter of any sort.

Best Buy seems to have a 4.5 out of 5 rating from customers.

Edit: IGN gave them an 8.2/10 rating

A lot of other dumb ones as well, like one person saying he’s disappointed because it doesn’t have an adapter to plug into an Xbox One controller...I don’t get it as you just plug it into the controller, you don’t need an adapter of any sort.
They probably only have the older Xbox One controller which did not have the 3.5mm audio jack built in. I can understand the frustration in this case, since the product page doesn't have any kind of obvious warning that it won't work right out of the box with older Xbox One controllers.

Meijer had copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which would ring up for $41.99

(Won't do up online search I checked while standing in store...)

Also they had a end cap that had specific games with a sticker that started "buy 1 get 1)

"Clearance" section but nothing noteworthy.

They probably only have the older Xbox One controller which did not have the 3.5mm audio jack built in. I can understand the frustration in this case, since the product page doesn't have any kind of obvious warning that it won't work right out of the box with older Xbox One controllers.
Really? Dang that sucks, I could have sworn my first One system, the Titanfall bundle had it but maybe I’m not remembering correctly.

Yeah that’s understandable then.

Cascade Meijer in GR has 'Tearaway Unfolded' for PS4 for $10. If anyone missed the Vita release, this is a great game, though because the original 'Tearaway' was designed with the Vita's features in mind I'd recommend the Vita version first.

Seen a lot of stuff on clearance in the cabinet today but no amazing prices yet. If they did another 50%off clearance games again it would make some enticing.

10% off General Merchandise Mperks Friday and Saturday

Saw a lot of $10 clearance Zelda Triforce Heroes for some reason. A bunch of PS4/Xbox One budget titles were also like $5

Meijer has Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on sale for $35 this week. Lowest I've ever seen it locally.

south park fractured but whole with stick of truth new for 10, i picked that up, some others like knowledge is power 5 and some I already had.

There's a 25% off clearance electronics coupon in my Mperks account. Expires on the 15th.

They're also running 10 for $10 (11th free) on a lot of stuff. Great deal for brand name sodas. People only want the toilet paper and soap. 

They had that Mperks coupon a couple weeks ago, I tried using it on a XBox Elite V2 Controller that was marked down 25% because it was "missing the USB Cord"  It didn't work because it wasn't technically clearace, but rather reduced because it was missing a part.  I decided to buy it anyway as it was still a pretty good deal, when I brought it home, I found out it wasn't missing the USB Cord at all. 

bread's done
Back