Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance w/ Limited Edition SteelBook & Commando Armour DLC (PS3 or Xbox 360) for $9.49 each @GameDealDaily.com

AznDragon89

CAGiversary!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance w/ Limited Edition SteelBook & DLC

here ps3 version (OOS)

here xbox 360 version

$9.49 each + Free Shipping Includes

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3 or Xbox 360)

Collectible Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Steelbook Case

Custom Body: Commando Armour DLC

Last edited by a moderator:
If he refunded one, he'll probably have to refund everyone else. Maybe ban the seller if he's consistently like this especially if it involves a big amount of people? 

the owner of the site, does not really have the best reputations, that is why he was barred from posting his deal site  from this forum

It sounds like none of you have ever dealt with GDD before. They've always been slow all around and especially bad at replying to emails. I don't think I've heard of anyone getting ripped off by them though.
Have you ordered from them before? How long did it take to get you your order?

Thanks for letting me know.  It seems a bit ridiculous to have a website and forum and say "need help, send an e-mail to our circular file!"  Either support your site or don't have a site.

UPDATE

Got the following email response a little while ago:

"Hello,

Most of our Metal Gear orders shipped on Tuesday, and the rest shipped this morning.  Shipping generally takes 3-5 business days.

Thanks again for your order!"

So should hold off on filing claims for the next few days to make sure.  Seeing as how the last of the orders were shipped today, if you ordered, should give them until next Wednesday before filing dispute on Paypal.

Yeah, I got the same E-mail (verbatim).  So, I will hold off.  If nothing else this dude has bought himself some time...lol

Came home and got mine today....well sorta....

I got this ------------

-a sealed PS3 copy of Metal Gear Rising:Revengence

-$2.00 in singles??????WTF???

-no steelbook

-no dlc code

I got this ------------

-no steelbook

-no dlc code
I have had this happen before on one of my other orders he sent me. This is why he's no longer allowed on this site.

Read on SD.  There are about 4 ppl that got theirs today and it either just had the game w/o steelbook or they got the game and $2 w/o a steelbook.

Read this too. This is probably why it took him so long to get things shipped out, he was looking for a solution and came up with this. It looks like we will be filing disputes after all.

What's the $2 for? I still haven't got my copy but honestly I won't go through the hassle of filing a dispute, unless I don't get the game by the end of this week I will for sure.

What's the $2 for? I still haven't got my copy but honestly I won't go through the hassle of filing a dispute, unless I don't get the game by the end of this week I will for sure.
I think he's trying to offset the price. Since he was also selling just the game for $2 cheaper.

I got this ------------

-no steelbook
-no dlc code
Damn that sucks. Received both my PS3 and Xbox360 and everything was complete. Guess I lucked out.

Well at least there's some hope from the posts above.

I think he's trying to offset the price. Since he was also selling just the game for $2 cheaper.
Oh, well $7 for Revengance still a decent deal. But the seller should've told the buyers in advance because some people really wanted the steelbook.

This is the same guy that sold stolen Minecraft codes (according to Mojang) last year, everyone that bought a code from him either received a code that was already redeemed, or was revoked a few days after activation by Mojang. Good for those people who got their orders fulfilled, but I definitely stay clear of that website.

for those of you that got anything, did it come through ups or usps? also, if we were to file a dispute would we have to pay for return shipping fees and stuff?

Hey what type of steel was this? I got one with blue etching and thicker steel. Says "Render Commando" That isnt the one from the us ce. I LOVE IT THOUGH

from SD

"all 4 steel books and games were wrapped 
emot-bounce.gif

Awesome sauce ! 
emot-nod.gif
"

ugh.

Hey guys, haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to address this situation:

The Metal Gear games (factory sealed, NTSC) were purchased through Konami the week prior, while the Steelbooks were purchased from one of our UK suppliers last year.  These Steelbooks were distributed with pre-orders in the UK, and they all came sealed from our supplier.

I was at a charity event last Friday morning when this deal started hitting the major deal sites around 9am.  I try to stay around my computer when I know we're running a good deal, but I couldn't break the commitment.  We were selling the Metal Gear game and the Steelbook for $9.49.  I checked my phone at noon during lunch and noticed we had already received hundreds of orders.  At this time I changed the listing on our site so it would be just the game for $8.99, in fear that we didn't have enough Steelbooks to fulfill all of the orders.

While fulfilling the orders I noticed that we didn't have enough Steelbooks for everyone that had ordered them.  We shipped these orders out chronologically, so the first few hundred people received Steelbooks with their orders. 

If I did anything wrong here, it was underestimating the amount of desire that some customers had for the Steelbook.  We had sold these Steelbooks online for months with very few orders, so we basically gave them away for free with the games.  We charged customers only an extra $0.50 to cover half of the additional $1 in shipping costs we incurred from shipping the game and Steelbook together.

My initial idea was to include a dollar with each order that was missing the Steelbook to make up for the omission.  I decided to go with $2 though, even though we would be losing money on each order, as an act of good faith and to prevent public outbursts that might affect our image within online communities.  I figured $7.50 shipped would be a good deal for this game, and while people might be a little disappointed they didn't get the Steelbook, they would still be satisfied with the price they paid for the game.

We have heard from 5-10 people so far that are very unhappy with the fact that they didn't receive the Steelbook with their order.  If you haven't yet contacted us, feel free to send me a PM or send an email to [email protected] and we will accept your return for a full refund.  Please give us a chance to resolve your problem before opening a Paypal dispute.  It was never my intention to anger anyone, and I promise to be more aggressive in capping future deals to prevent any more of these situations.

If you have any more questions about this deal or our site in general, please shoot me a PM.  I will also keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks

Mine arrived yesterday with game & steel book.  

I sent an e-mail on monday to help @ gamedealdaily . com, and didn't get a response.  I sent a second e-mail on Wednesday threatening Paypal action if I didn't get a response.  I don't like making threats, but I like being ignored by merchants even less.

Word of advice: take proper inventory of your stuff, and respond to your customers within 24 hours.  This will prevent a repeat of incidents like this.

There's more to this than his post entails.

I find it funny that if he had a "ton of orders," wouldn't it have saved him more time to cancel all the ones he couldn't fulfill rather than do his shady "I guess they can just deal with the vanilla version plus $2." And taking a loss? Sending the vanilla copy + $2 is no loss for him, not when he himself sells it for $9 and its going rate is ~$9.49 on Amazon, and that's from sellers who have to pay Amazon fees. Not to mention that he responded to my request for a full refund on Paypal with a DENIAL and said I'd be granted a partial refund for sending back the item.

Btw, I wouldn't have opened a Paypal dispute in the first place if he actually went by the words he said above and granted me the full refund after I messaged him through Paypal.

Sending back the item would cost me $2 with tracking, meaning out of all of this, I'd be wasting my time and money for a mistake he clearly was aware of in the first place.

His excuses are pure BS, which is why I'm taking it up with Paypal instead so they at least have a record of his actions/multiple disputes from other buyers. Emailing him privately will just allow him to pull this kind of crap in the future.

bread's done
Back