Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance w/ Limited Edition SteelBook & Commando Armour DLC (PS3 or Xbox 360) for $9.49 each @GameDealDaily.com

AznDragon89

CAGiversary!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance w/ Limited Edition SteelBook & DLC

here ps3 version (OOS)

here xbox 360 version

$9.49 each + Free Shipping Includes

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3 or Xbox 360)

Collectible Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Steelbook Case

Custom Body: Commando Armour DLC

Last edited by a moderator:
There's more to this than his post entails.

I find it funny that if he had a "ton of orders," wouldn't it have saved him more time to cancel all the ones he couldn't fulfill rather than do his shady "I guess they can just deal with the vanilla version plus $2." And taking a loss? Sending the vanilla copy + $2 is no loss for him, not when he himself sells it for $9 and its going rate is ~$9.49 on Amazon, and that's from sellers who have to pay Amazon fees. Not to mention that he responded to my request for a full refund on Paypal with a DENIAL and said I'd be granted a partial refund for sending back the item.

Btw, I wouldn't have opened a Paypal dispute in the first place if he actually went by the words he said above and granted me the full refund after I messaged him through Paypal.
Sending back the item would cost me $2 with tracking, meaning out of all of this, I'd be wasting my time and money for a mistake he clearly was aware of in the first place.
His excuses are pure BS, which is why I'm taking it up with Paypal instead so they at least have a record of his actions/multiple disputes from other buyers. Emailing him privately will just allow him to pull this kind of crap in the future.
I agree. Plus wasn't he selling the steel books by themselves for a while later too? He prob set them to out of stock so we wouldn't complain. Shady indeeed.

I agree. Plus wasn't he selling the steel books by themselves for a while later too? He prob set them to out of stock so we wouldn't complain. Shady indeeed.
Yup.

No reputable seller sends a materially different item to their customer that they themselves deem as "equivalent." And no reputable seller throws in $2 as if to soften the blow somehow.

What a customer orders is what they should receive, no questions asked.

If the seller deems that the customer may be okay with sending something they find "equivalent," they need to CONTACT the buyer first and ask them if that's okay. And if they cannot fulfill an order, they cancel. refund, and tell the buyer that they did not have the inventory.

This is the most basic of guidelines to selling anything. I'm astonished a site or seller like him doesn't grasp this.

This is the first time we've encountered a situation like this on the site.  I believed $2 would be a fair refund for the Steelbook, so that's the route we took.  I was obviously wrong to assume this, and if I could do it again I would just cancel the affected orders.  We lost money on those orders that were given the $2, so the refund would have been the smarter route anyway.

I was unaware that the Steelbook and not the game was the main draw for some of our customers.  We've learned a lot from this incident and will handle things differently in the future.  There was no malicious intent on our behalf.

I've answered all customer emails and responded to all Paypal disputes.  I will continue to monitor these closely.

Thanks

This is the first time we've encountered a situation like this on the site. I believed $2 would be a fair refund for the Steelbook, so that's the route we took. I was obviously wrong to assume this, and if I could do it again I would just cancel the affected orders. We lost money on those orders that were given the $2, so the refund would have been the smarter route anyway.

I was unaware that the Steelbook and not the game was the main draw for some of our customers. We've learned a lot from this incident and will handle things differently in the future. There was no malicious intent on our behalf.

I've answered all customer emails and responded to all Paypal disputes. I will continue to monitor these closely.

Thanks
That's what is known as bait and switch. As a retailer or a consumer, you should be well aware of it. No excuses, no bullshit. What you did was illegal.

That's what is known as bait and switch. As a retailer or a consumer, you should be well aware of it. No excuses, no bullshit. What you did was illegal.
That was absolutely not my intent. We are working with any unhappy customers to set up returns for a full refund. Next time we will be sure to cancel any orders that cannot be fulfilled 100% accurately.

That was absolutely not my intent. We are working with any unhappy customers to set up returns for a full refund. Next time we will be sure to cancel any orders that cannot be fulfilled 100% accurately.
You have been a retailer for far too long to claim "I didn't know better."

Price for game after $2 is $7.50 shipping game shipping game out probably $2 and paying return shipping back another $2. At this point in time the Best route both from a business stand point in Loss revenues and also good consumer relations would be to write off the non steel book included orders and refund the orders without requiring the game be sent back especially since the orders were misrepresented. That the best route to at least to attempt to save image without to much of a already tarnished image and also avoid any legal backlashes someone may attempt since it is bait and switch since money was accepted and all the items were not received as explained but instead came different

Sent out in order of what ppl ordered PSH! Lies lol

Order time according to PayPal  Aug 8, 2014 08:19:47 PDT

Got the game and $2 bills. And I ordered early as hell when it went live.

Much disappoint; Wanted the Steelbook :(

Sent out in order of what ppl ordered PSH! Lies lol

Order time according to PayPal Aug 8, 2014 08:19:47 PDT

Got the game and $2 bills. And I ordered early as hell when it went live.

Much disappoint; Wanted the Steelbook :(
just file a dispute then cause if I remember correctly if there are a ton and ton of disputes Paypal will enact long term restrictions on the seller account and could also completely terminate the company PayPal account permeantly

I was fortunate enough to get the steel book, LE DLC code (unsure if it will work on my account though) and game. Both were wrapped. Hope you guys get a refund or steelbook, this was a great deal but sadly some people didn't get what was expected.
Edit: Commando Armor DLC code worked

mind if i ask what time you ordered?
For some reason the email I received was deleted from my phone, but I remember seeing the deal the day it was posted around 1:00 EST and purchased almost immediately afterward. So my purchase was probably from 1:10-1:30 PM EST

EDIT: found the email, it states I ordered at 10:46 PDT, so I was about right

For some reason the email I received was deleted from my phone, but I remember seeing the deal the day it was posted around 1:00 EST and purchased almost immediately afterward. So my purchase was probably from 1:10-1:30 PM EST

So he fucking lied about being in Chronological order to........................

I order at 8:19 PDT and DONT get a steelbook and you order at 10:47 PDT and GET one?

I feel like 7.49 is still a good deal for just the game. Grrr
true but it was supposed to be a bundle therefore $9.49 - $7.95 (cost he was selling steel book by itself for) =$1.54 therefore instead of $2 then $7.95 should of been included in the game not $2 or he should of straight up canceled the orders

Thanks. This confirms he lied about the chronological bs.

So he fucking lied about being in Chronological order too........................

I order at 8:19 PDT and DONT get a steelbook and you order at 10:47 PDT and GET one?
This seller has been exposed then. Such an irresponsible seller and a liar. Hopefully his account gets deactivated. I ordered at 8:43 PDT btw...

So he fucking lied about being in Chronological order to........................

Damn dude I'm sorry to hear, I should've definitely gotten the $2 with the game instead. I guess the people who were shipping started to wrap the most recent buyers first and then they realized they were out of steelbooks so they put two bucks for the early birds.

Nope, not only did I order before most of the people that got the actual steelbook, but he sent mine just yesterday... I PMed him and he said I won't be receiving the steelbook.
I was fine before since it's $7.49 for the game...but now that I got jip'd by the fact that I didnt get one and he claimed that he shipped in chrono order really pisses me off.

Damn dude I'm sorry to hear, I should've definitely gotten the $2 with the game instead. I guess the people who were shipping started to wrap the most recent buyers first and then they realized they were out of steelbooks so they put two bucks for the early birds.
To be honest, I think this dude just ships from his house or something and his wife helps him.. lol.

To be honest, I think this dude just ships from his house or something and his wife helps him.. lol.
Here's the GDD headquarters:

run-down-house.jpg

I'm on vacation through tomorrow so I have no idea what to expect when I get back. Did everyone who got the $2 back order a PS3 copy? Just wondering if there's any logical pattern since true chronological has been disproven.

I was only able to order the game (no steelbook) and mine hasn't arrived yet but I just said fuck it and ordered the steelbook off of eBay for like $6.50 + free shipping.

I love how the dbag wont post on here aagain because he knows he's a lying pile of scum.

I was like...oh well I guess he was doing it to be nice, but then when he lies about sending them out in order.  LIES I TELL YOU ALL LIES

Can we report on PayPal or do we have to send the game back if we do such things?  I personally just want him to get in trouble while keeping the game.

I love how the dbag wont post on here aagain because he knows he's a lying pile of scum.

I was like...oh well I guess he was doing it to be nice, but then when he lies about sending them out in order. LIES I TELL YOU ALL LIES
same man. i wasn't that pissed anymore after i realized i would only be paying about 7 bucks for the game until i realize he lied.

I'd call it some shady bullshit but it's still not bait and switch.
I'm going by this definition and think he did one and three - http://advertising.about.com/od/advertisingglossaryb/a/Understand-Bait-And-Switch-Advertising.htm

Technically, bait-and-switch schemes draw the customer in with an incredible offer (the bait ) and then swap it out for either an inferior product, a more expensive product, or a product that doesn't come with all of the items one would usually expect (the switch).

My claim was just refuse and the seller want me to return the game and paid for the shipping. I guess now i know why there was $2 dollars with my game. 

Hey guys,

This is all weighing heavily on mind so I want to make one last post before I head to sleep.

I had no idea what can of worms I was opening by sending out $2 in lieu of the sold out Steelbooks.  If I could do it over again, I absolutely would do it differently and cancel the orders rather than attempt another poorly thought out solution.  I had no bad intentions. 

We paid $5 each for the games from our supplier, and around $1 each for the Steelbooks.  We were making ~$1 profit on the Steelbook orders that shipped, we lost around $0.50 each on the orders that contained the $2 instead of the Steelbook.  I honestly did believe that people would be more upset if they didn't receive the game and so I did not cancel the orders.  If I could do it again, I would have canceled the orders and given the customers a chance to purchase the game at the $8.99 shipped price that we currently have available.

Regarding the chronological shipment of the orders, we ran out of the PS3 Steelbooks before the Xbox ones.  We had less of the PS3 cases to begin with, and the demand for them was a lot higher.  So there are people that ordered Xbox Steelbooks (and received them) an hour or two after people ordered PS3 Steelbooks (and did not receive them).

I'm not trying to make excuses.  I'm just giving you the truth on how I screwed this situation up.  I wish we could do it over, but I'm committed to fixing everyones' problems.  Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if you want to return the game for a full refund.  If you do choose to open a Paypal dispute, I have to decline the refund so that we can set up a product return for a full refund.  Everyone that wants a refund will get one, and your order will not cost you any money out of pocket.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened with this deal.  I feel bad that it has greatly upset some of you.  I want to fix your problems, so please don't hesitate to contact me.  With this message, I will no longer be visiting this thread.  It's tough to read some of the stuff said about me, our business, etc.  I know that they are a result of the poor decision I made regarding these orders, but I promise I did not intend to cause any of this frustration, disappointment, and anger.

If you want to discuss anything one on one, please PM me or email me.  I will make sure to keep up to date on emails and PMs over the next couple weeks to make sure that everyone receives their desired outcome.

Thanks

i didnt order this but i dont know what my reaction wouldve been had i opened my package and seen 2 dollar bills,i probably wouldve been wondering wtf is going on LOL.

That's what it looks like because the message I got is that I'm only getting back 7.49
yea then if I was you I would file a PayPal dispute for item not received as described cause it his mistake not yours so why should you have to pay. Techinally he responsible for return shipping so he should of refunded the $9.49 total

Got a copy of the game and steelbook both sealed. Drfrielgood's post from above is very telling. Would I order from him again? I honestly don't know. I do think he'd handle this situation much better in the future, however.

DSCN2752_zpse20f6187.jpg

Got a copy of the game and steelbook both sealed. Drfrielgood's post from above is very telling. Would I order from him again? I honestly don't know. I do think he'd handle this situation much better in the future, however.

DSCN2752_zpse20f6187.jpg
probably not since this isn't the first time incidents has happened. He also sold illegally obtained minecraft codes awhile back which people had to find out the hard way when it popped up later down the road that the game license was invalidated.

Honestly, this is probably a process that will just happen forever. I remember that there were people telling me not to when I ordered from him and sure enough, I shouldn't have. Same thing happened with the Minecraft codes and same thing happened again with this. Friel's business will always experience serious problems when it comes to actually fulfilling their orders and the customers will likely always be on the losing side.

bread's done
Back