Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition shipping early? (now with pics)

mastertard

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if anybody else got this, but my order from Gamestop for MGS3:S Limited Edition is in "processing". Anybody else get this?

Also, it seems like it really was limited edition, because now you can't preorder it from either GameStop or EBGames anymore...

curiously, both the bonus dvd and the limited edition are listed as "processing"... i'll keep you guys up to date.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']My bonus DVD is listed as "Usually ships in 24 hours". Hmm...[/QUOTE]

same here except for the game.

when did u guys ordered it. i ordered on 2/7

argh, now it is the same as you guys.... usually ships in 24 hours for the bonus, but game is still set for 3/14. FALSE ALARM! i was hoping i would get lucky and get it earlier :cry:... oh well, at least i think this means we ordered early enough to get the bonus

i ordered mine on 2/3.

I just got a e-mail confirmation that my limited edition DVD has been shipped and should be here within three days.

WOOHOO!

Mine probably got sent out earlier than a lot since I did regular S&H instead of the free option. But wait a second, does that mean I get charged twice for shipping?!

sweet.

again, i've checked today, and it shows both the bonus dvd and the mgs3:s-le as "processing".... reason i'm checking so much really is that i'm wondering if my 24 game is shipping yet. :)

I called GS.com and had the same situation.

The pre-order DVD should be shipping out shortly/next week, and the game still ships on March 14th.

The reason I called them is because they auth'd my credit card for the pre-order item being shipped, even though it's a freebie. The auth will fall off shortly, and then it'll get charged on the 14th for the purchase price of the game.

(12:36PM CT Update)
I checked my bank account, and now there's two auths on my credit card. :whistle2:s

Even more amusingly, the disc has shipped and I have it in my hot little hands. I did FREESHIPALL and it went 3-day UPS SELECT, in a padded envelope. Pics below for the curious (from my camera phone, so no pci quality comments, please):

Front cover:

Back cover:

Inside:

wow... looking nice.

it's funny, they recently sent a game via 3rd day UPS when i chose free saver shipping also... the problem is that they did it to a P.O. Box, which doesn't take UPS (-_-) needless to say, much trouble ensued

[quote name='shrike4242']I called GS.com and had the same situation.

The pre-order DVD should be shipping out shortly/next week, and the game still ships on March 14th.

The reason I called them is because they auth'd my credit card for the pre-order item being shipped, even though it's a freebie. The auth will fall off shortly, and then it'll get charged on the 14th for the purchase price of the game.

(12:36PM CT Update)
I checked my bank account, and now there's two auths on my credit card. :whistle2:s

Even more amusingly, the disc has shipped and I have it in my hot little hands. I did FREESHIPALL and it went 3-day UPS SELECT, in a padded envelope. Pics below for the curious (from my camera phone, so no pci quality comments, please):

Front cover:

Back cover:

Inside:
[/QUOTE]

I hate you :p

I called my Gamestop about it and they dont even know what it is :roll:

Hopefully Gamecrazy's gonna get this soon. I'm so glad that Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is almost upon us. I loved MGS 3 and the only problem (the camera) is fixed now... this is going to be ridiculously awesome.

Actually, here's a question I forgot to ask: Would Gamecrazy be getting a bonus like this, or would it only be Gamestop or EBGames?

[quote name='Chacrana']Actually, here's a question I forgot to ask: Would Gamecrazy be getting a bonus like this, or would it only be Gamestop or EBGames?[/QUOTE]

I asked the sales guy at gamecrazy a couple of days ago and he said that they would be getting the bonus disc as long as you preorder. He read it off some kind of paper just to make sure, because I asked about the LE and the bonus disc.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I asked the sales guy at gamecrazy a couple of days ago and he said that they would be getting the bonus disc as long as you preorder. He read it off some kind of paper just to make sure, because I asked about the LE and the bonus disc.[/QUOTE]

thank God... this is one of the bonuses that I actually give a damn about.

the bonus DVD includes a brief history of the Metal Gear series (MGS3->MG1->MG2->MGS1->MGS2) with interviews of Hideo Kojima

weird, i check my order and every once in a while and occasionally the bonus DVD and the game are both processing. i'm still keeping my hopes up that it will come early! i wanna get my hands on it :)

it looks like 24 is gonna ship soon too! sweetcakes.

sorry if this is off topic, but does anyone know if the packaging for the US version of Subsistence will be the same as the 3 disc Japanese version that was recently released?

[quote name='djkunai']I heard regular will be one disc and LE will be two.[/QUOTE]

my mistake. I think the Japanese version I saw over the weekend was only 2 discs, housed in 2 seperate keepcases.

[quote name='mastertard']weird, i check my order and every once in a while and occasionally the bonus DVD and the game are both processing.[/QUOTE]Yup, mine does the same thing. Right now, they both say processing, but they've said that before and switched back to "Usually ships in 24 hours"/"Pre-release 03/14/06". We'll see...

(And for reference, the order date on mine is 02/03.)

[quote name='djkunai']I heard regular will be one disc and LE will be two.[/QUOTE]
Nope, regular is 2 discs and LE is 3.

[quote name='BIG5']Nope, regular is 2 discs and LE is 3.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have any pictures or descriptions online anywhere, I had no idea this was even coming here and I'm really getting excited for this.

If I preorder this from GameStop.com am I guaranteed to get the preorder bonus? Just wondering if I'm too late; It still says "with preorder bonus" on the site though..

EDIT: I went ahead and preorded it from ebgames.com; on the checkout cart it said the bonus comes with it so I should be safe..

I preordered the limited edition last night from my local GS store, and they swore up and down that I would get the bonus dvd. I was pretty clear that my preorder was contingent upon being able to get a copy of that dvd so I should be okay, the guys at that location see me enough that they wouldnt try to screw me on purpose.

[quote name='Puffa469']I preordered the limited edition last night from my local GS store, and they swore up and down that I would get the bonus dvd. I was pretty clear that my preorder was contingent upon being able to get a copy of that dvd so I should be okay, the guys at that location see me enough that they wouldnt try to screw me on purpose.[/quote]
I just noticed on my online order it doesn't say "limited edition", there was no option between selecting a LE and regular edition... I emailed EB and asked them if I was getting the LE and if I wasn't, to upgrade it if possible.

last time i checked, there werent any limited editions available for preorder on ebgames and gamestop anymore...

i got the impression that there were less bonus DVDs than limited editions, although i may be wrong.

also, if you want a jist of what is in the game (besides the original game), check here
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/691/691862p1.html

That's what my gamestop.com order looks like:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]1[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]$0.00 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Usually ships
in 24 hours
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]1[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]$39.99 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Pre-Release
ETA: 3/14/06
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
The saga disc is still not shipping yet :cry:

[quote name='mastertard']last time i checked, there werent any limited editions available for preorder on ebgames and gamestop anymore...

i got the impression that there were less bonus DVDs than limited editions, although i may be wrong.

also, if you want a jist of what is in the game (besides the original game), check here
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/691/691862p1.html[/quote]
Crap, if they tell me I can't have a LE I'll have to try to cancel it.. I don't want to buy a rerelease of a game I already have if I'm not getting the limited edition.... I wish they'd hurry up and e-mail me back.

[quote name='Blackshear']Crap, if they tell me I can't have a LE I'll have to try to cancel it.. I don't want to buy a rerelease of a game I already have if I'm not getting the limited edition.... I wish they'd hurry up and e-mail me back.[/quote]

actually, i think you should consider getting the regular edition as well. the regular edition includes all the gameplay elements of the limited edition... the limited edition just comes with an extra DVD that has a Hideo Kojima edited movie of MGS3, MGS3 bloopers (most of which are available on the MGS3 website) and the MGS4 trailer that im sure all of you have seen already (with the old-ass solid snake), so you aren't missing out on any gameplay features. that's all there is to it for the extra $10 (the regular edition will sell for $29.99, the LE for $39.99). i think LE is for really for those hardcore MGS3 fans (you can count me in as one :) )

[quote name='mastertard']actually, i think you should consider getting the regular edition as well. the regular edition includes all the gameplay elements of the limited edition... the limited edition just comes with an extra DVD that has a Hideo Kojima edited movie of MGS3, MGS3 bloopers (most of which are available on the MGS3 website) and the MGS4 trailer that im sure all of you have seen already (with the old-ass solid snake), so you aren't missing out on any gameplay features. that's all there is to it for the extra $10 (the regular edition will sell for $29.99, the LE for $39.99). i think LE is for really for those hardcore MGS3 fans (you can count me in as one :) )[/quote]
I'm kind of a collector I guess so I like to have the best release possible, especially since I already have the original release.

I just called them a couple hours ago to confirm which edition it was and it did turn out to be the regular edition, the CS rep told me they weren't taking orders for the LE any longer so I cancelled it.

I then called various EB and GS B&Ms in my area, of the 4 stores I called only one said that he could preorder me the LE... he was like "hmm... I thought I might have saw an e-mail that said to stop taking preorders on this but hey; it's still in the computer man, come up here and preorder it, bring trade-ins..."

So I'll probably be heading up there before they close.

Really? I preordered at Gamecrazy and I didn't know what the price was... if they keep it at that though, that's definitely going to be a nice deal.

I was told that the LE would be $40 at EB. Hopefully the bonus DVD will come in soon B&M since I'm starting to get worried that I may not get one. If I do get one, however, it will justify paying $40 for a rerelease of a game I have but have yet to play.

Just double checked the price tonight- both the LE and regular editions are only $29.99. We started taking LE preorders only about a week ago too...

Again, I ask. Does anyone have any pics or solid info on this that they can point me to. So far I've heard "We/they aren't take preorders. We/they are still taking preorders. Its the DVD. Its the repackaged Japanese version. Its the same but with a DVD that is the same as the preorder. Its $29.99. Its $39.99. Its shipping early. Its not shipping early." Do we actually have any definitive info?

I just went to GameCrazy... and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find the limited edition still? Is there a specific url that I can go to?

bread's done
Back