Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition shipping early? (now with pics)

Did anyone get the preorder disc at b&m yet? The guy I talked to said I will get it when the game comes out. I am just worried that they will give them all away because I waited to get one when the game is released, since people are getting them online already.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Did anyone get the preorder disc at b&m yet? The guy I talked to said I will get it when the game comes out. I am just worried that they will give them all away because I waited to get one when the game is released, since people are getting them online already.[/QUOTE]
I went to GameStop B&M today and preordered, the employee said the DVDs came in today and he gave it 2 me after I preordered... I already watched it, its pretty good but short, if you haven't played MGS 3 yet, I recommend skipping the 1st chapter of the DVD cause it will spoil it for you,

The GS wouldn't preorder me the LE though... he said I'd probably be able to get one though if someone cancelled or if they got extra.

when I checked my order when this thread was posted my order for both the LE and the bonus were listed as processing. it stayed that way for 2 days. now its back to the ships in 24hrs for the bonus and the preorder for the LE. has anyone else had their bonus ship?

my order was placed on 2/2 by the way.

I looked at my order online and the Game says ships 3.14. However the Bonus dvd says usally ships in 24 hours. I wonder if my will come next week.

pre-order for the LE version is $39.99 right? cause that's how much i got charged. Also got the Metar Gear Saga DVD :D

[quote name='mkg12']pre-order for the LE version is $39.99 right? cause that's how much i got charged. Also got the Metar Gear Saga DVD :D[/quote]
correct same price i got charged.

w00t cant wait till it comes out i am gonna rock the online mode but can you guys still find the le version any where i was thinkin of getin another to sell

[quote name='shrike4242']

Even more amusingly, the disc has shipped and I have it in my hot little hands.
[/quote]

You lucked out Shrike, GS.com must have accidentally shipped out some Saga DVDs separately from the game. I'm surprised I didn't get my copy early, since I believe I ordered this before you did.

Since GS/EB are still offering the Saga DVDs with preorders, it doesn't look like they will run out until after the game is released.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']You lucked out Shrike, GS.com must have accidentally shipped out some Saga DVDs separately from the game. I'm surprised I didn't get my copy early, since I believe I ordered this before you did.

Since GS/EB are still offering the Saga DVDs with preorders, it doesn't look like they will run out until after the game is released.[/quote]

:bomb: so eb dose offer the saga dvd huh cause i have been harassing them to give it to me maybe i should put on and some camo and strap on a bandana and go up there and use cqc on em to give me my dvd:bomb:

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']You lucked out Shrike, GS.com must have accidentally shipped out some Saga DVDs separately from the game. I'm surprised I didn't get my copy early, since I believe I ordered this before you did.

Since GS/EB are still offering the Saga DVDs with preorders, it doesn't look like they will run out until after the game is released.[/quote]
I wasn't complaining too much about getting the disc early. Figured the best way to be appreciative is to post pics of it. Not to mention the apparent grin factor of seeming to be the first CAG with it in-hand. :whistle2:s

My pre-order was on 02/02 , which was the first day I think that they had it up and correctly showing the pre-order disc. I had pre-ordered it twice before, once on 01/31 (LE, before they had the text about the Saga DVD up there), and back earlier, when we weren't sure if it was going to be $29.99 or $49.99 (before the LE was posted as being available).

I was more amused that it came 3-day UPS Select, since it had a tracking # on it, with the FREESHIPALL. Hopefully the game will come the same way.

Would be nice if they keep getting the Saga DVD with pre-orders, especially since the LE seems to have come and gone, at least from GS.com and EB.com .

[quote name='shrike4242']I
My pre-order was on 02/02 , which was the first day I think that they had it up and correctly showing the pre-order disc. I had pre-ordered it twice before, once on 01/31 (LE, before they had the text about the Saga DVD up there), and back earlier, when we weren't sure if it was going to be $29.99 or $49.99 (before the LE was posted as being available).

[/QUOTE]

I placed my order the same day and my bonus didn't ship. I wonder if you are the only one who had one ship?

[quote name='chrishicks']I placed my order the same day and my bonus didn't ship. I wonder if you are the only one who had one ship?[/QUOTE]

I have received the pre-order DVD, too. Wonder why only a few of us had our bonus DVD shipped.

I pre-order mine on the 9th of feb and I have no disc. Oh well just makes the 14th so much better. I'm really don't need it right now either though. I have about 10 flicks to get through.

got a DVD tonight at a B+M GS. not opening it though, I'll probably just ebay it to lessen the cost of the game (i'm a poor ass student, but feel free to flame me. ;) )

[quote name='shrike4242']I wasn't complaining too much about getting the disc early. Figured the best way to be appreciative is to post pics of it. Not to mention the apparent grin factor of seeming to be the first CAG with it in-hand. :whistle2:s

I was more amused that it came 3-day UPS Select, since it had a tracking # on it, with the FREESHIPALL. Hopefully the game will come the same way.

Would be nice if they keep getting the Saga DVD with pre-orders, especially since the LE seems to have come and gone, at least from GS.com and EB.com .[/quote]

I preordered the LE bundle on 02/02, and I preordered twice before under the same circumstances you did. In fact I was the first to report, in that other thread, that GS.com was preordering the LE with the bonus Saga DVD, after which you posted you reordered this hopefully for the final time.

It certainly looks like the Subsistance LE will be truely limited. I haven't seen a release this limited since Shenmue LE on the Dreamcast.

The game is coming out on 3/14. Does GS.com usually ship them out a tad early so that people might receive it on or around 3/14?

[quote name='eau']The game is coming out on 3/14. Does GS.com usually ship them out a tad early so that people might receive it on or around 3/14?[/QUOTE]

Normally, if you pick something else then the saver shipping. If you pick the shipping that comes fedex or ups. It normally gets to you on the day of release.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I preordered the LE bundle on 02/02, and I preordered twice before under the same circumstances you did. In fact I was the first to report, in that other thread, that GS.com was preordering the LE with the bonus Saga DVD, after which you posted you reordered this hopefully for the final time.

It certainly looks like the Subsistance LE will be truely limited. I haven't seen a release this limited since Shenmue LE on the Dreamcast.[/quote]
I wish I could explain why mine showed up before yours. Especially since you ordered yours before mine (which I saw again in the old thread). I guess it was some random luck of the draw.

Hopefully yours is already on the way.

[quote name='Apossum']got a DVD tonight at a B+M GS. not opening it though, I'll probably just ebay it to lessen the cost of the game (i'm a poor ass student, but feel free to flame me. ;) )[/QUOTE]

I'd buy it off you, how much would you want via paypal for it? :D

hey!!! it's processing right now! i think they're gonna ship it out now... imma be a happy camper next week :)

unfortunately next week is the week before finals for me, i guess i'll just have to settle for lower grades. hhahahhahhahahah

Just checked my order status for my LE version of Subsistence on Gamestop and both the Saga DVD and the game are processing, woohoo!

I swung by my local GS today and they had the bonus dvd so I showed them my receipt and picked it up. Looks cool, but I havent opened it up yet. Now I cant wait to play the game!

Mine is processing. They're shipping both at the same time. I don't care when I recieve it as long as I get what I order. I probably won't end up playing this for a long long time (I don't even know if I'm going to open it or not).

[quote name='zindsoros']Just checked my order status for my LE version of Subsistence on Gamestop and both the Saga DVD and the game are processing, woohoo![/quote]

Does it tell you on the order status page that it is processing? Mine (LE & Bonus Saga) doesn't say anything different than it did a few weeks ago. I ordered mine from gamestop.com on 2/2 so mine should be processing too.

Does anyone know if GS receives the game ON the 14th, or does the manufacturer SHIP on the 14th so GS and othe retailers receive it on the 15th for pick-ups?

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Does anyone know if GS receives the game ON the 14th, or does the manufacturer SHIP on the 14th so GS and othe retailers receive it on the 15th for pick-ups?[/QUOTE]

The 14th is the shipping date. Some Gamestops *might* get it in, but usually it arrives on the day after.

Damn, neither my game nor my Saga disc is Processing. Saga disc has been "Ready to ship" for two weeks. I ordered on 2/12 too.

well here we are on the day of release and my order is still listed the same it was a few weeks back. I ordered on 2/2.

[quote name='Etude']Dammit to hell. My Subsistence LE is backordered. Son of a *****.[/QUOTE]
Uh... mine says that too? But the bonus disc is no longer processing as well, so I'm hoping it just says backordered because it's no longer on the site, and since it's 3/14, it can't say "pre-release 3/14" anymore either. I hope this does not affect our orders :\

bread's done
Back