Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

ARGH

Why isnt Konami releasing any concrete details?

I plan on getting the PS3 bundle and it seems no one can tell me what the hell it includes.... freaking Konami!

So is anyone else in the same position as I am?

THat is, wont be buying MGS4 by itself but is waiting for the bundle and doesnt want to get screwed out of anything?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Hasn't the PS3 bundle already been detailed?

A 80GB, MGS4, and a dual shock 3 controller.[/quote]

Yep.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Bundle
To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for $499.99 (MSRP).

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yep.[/quote]

True but it doesnt tell us if that copy of MGS4 is an LE or if we get the Saga Vol II as well.

THa'ts the part that's got me confused.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'd bet money on it not being the LE. As for Saga, that's a preorder bonus for the game. So you won't be getting that.[/quote]

YA, that makes me feel like a tool. I just got so many things to do right now that preordering the game isnt on the top of my list.

I hope I dont miss out and will try to preorder as soon as possible.
I dont think the LE is that special but I'm so going to try to get the Saga.

I guess I can always give away my beta key to someone.

The original MGO supported preset radio messages, keyboard chat, and voice chat. The screen is just an example of the radio.

Well I went and preordered the game......hope I get that PREORDER BONUS, whatever that is...

Now to decide if I should buy the bundle before I leave for vacation OR when I come back on August....

To be honest I was content with getting the regular edition. Now that the LE comes with an artbook. Now I need to get this one. I just hope we'll get a good artbook and not something that can fit in the case and has 5 pages of in-game screenies.

Wow, sold out in a couple of hours?? This has a chance to give GTA a run for its money in terms of sales, regardless of the fact that GTA is multi-platform. (I am assuming they will count the bundles as well)

[quote name='NamPaehc']Beta starts on the 16th, where the heck are these?![/QUOTE]

I checked the official site, but couldn't find any specific date for the beta. Where did you hear the it starts on the 16th?

Damn play-asia sold out fast of the MGS4 PS3 Premium Bundle. Luckily I placed my order in time along with a second order from a friend. I can't wait to get them!

:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

I went into GS today to check the status and they still have no clue as to when they will receive the bonus disk + beta keys. I told the manager the beta starts April 21st and he said they will probably get them in around April 10th...

[quote name='dpatel']Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Right during my exam week.[/quote]
Exams are pretty much getting none of my time between this and GTA4! I have been trying to pump my grades up all semester in anticipation of tanking my exams.

The Japan bundle sold out at Konamistyle (online) only.

PA and other places like NCSX are taking pre-orders from today.

I'm sure they'll still sell out even at $699.99, though.

[quote name='gunm']The Japan bundle sold out at Konamistyle (online) only.

PA and other places like NCSX are taking pre-orders from today.

I'm sure they'll still sell out even at $699.99, though.[/quote]

PA sold out in about an hour or so.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, dear. Haven't we been through this exercise once already?[/quote]
Only works on the first day. ;)

Put down a pre-order for the LE. I'm in NJ. They didn't know about the bonus stuff yet, the guy said he was switching from GOW2 to it, when I told him about the Beta. I guess I'll just have to keep calling. They said they might be stopping the pre-orders soon as apparently the demand has been pretty huge.

[quote name='slowdive21']Are there any stores that are currently offering a preorder for the PS3 bundle (US version)?[/QUOTE]

My FYE was/is. I think I happened to ask about it and she had just printed out the preorder list that day. 3/14 as I recall. Put down $50 plus tax deposit.

Since I'm out of the PS3 loop I'm counting on a MGS4 Subservience or something to come out later on.

I've been playing Twin Snakes though, and it has me really wanting to enjoy the conclusion.

I am going to reserve the game tomorrow. I am so getting into the beta. I loved the MGO on the PS2. That was a shitty game but very fun.

[quote name='metaly']Just preordered my $85 game, and at Gamestop even. I hope my senses return to me soon.[/quote]

More like $108+ depending on the shipment method you picked.

I have like $90 in credit at GS. Was going to split it between MGS and GTA but... I think I want the MGS collectors edition. I'll decided by the time I walk in to pre-order tomorrow, or maybe right at the counter. :)

bread's done
Back