Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='prmononoke']Can the PS3 download things even while it's turned off? Also, does playing a game on the PS3 cause downloads to go slower at the same time?[/quote]
No. No, but it won't download anything while playing disc-based games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No. No, but it won't download anything while playing disc-based games.[/quote]

Oh shit. Looks like I'll stick to playing 360 while MGO is downloading.

Or I could go ride my bike. It's about 75 degrees out.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']no skulls in the icon please... I fear if there is a skull too many other clans like that shit. we need to be unique.[/QUOTE]

What about the dollar sign slashed in half.. to represent our cheapness.;)

Can't seem to get in.

Apparently people are getting in:
mgoaaaaah359.jpg

Wonder if they are in Europe.

has ANYBODY been able to register a Konami ID? I've been trying on and off for the past two days. The website says the've been experiencing difficulties with traffic since the 16th... It seems they would have done something about it by now... Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, or they don't like Los Angeles IPs.

try using google to get konami ID cached and then try registering through there. Mines worked fine, but I signed up at midnight saturday night. I am set to go. Ohh did the beta start yet. Even though it says monday I am sure it will be open tonight at some time

I was finally able to get my IDs squared away but, now I get the login error. I'm just going to wait till tomorrow to try again but feel free to add me people. My PSN is SIGTHEMAN and my game ID is also sigtheman( I guess the lowercase makes a diff). I'll be playing a whole hell of a lot when its up and going.

[quote name='shadylane']has anybody downloaded the update? how long does that take?[/quote]

It is around 500 MB and your download speed could be all over.

Anyone using a euro Client and does it work? I deleted my euro one and d/l the US one since I got a key today. Didn't know things were gonna launch. Currently d/l the update for the US one.

Upon booting there is def a difference between the two since the US one pops up an ESRB rating but the Euro one didn't. curious to see if that's the only diff.

[quote name='shadylane']has anybody downloaded the update? how long does that take?[/QUOTE]

Once I put my ps3 into the DMZ zone on my router, it took about 25- 30 minutes for me. Make sure your ports are set up right though. The Upnp doesn't seem to work too well.

EDIT: The Bit-torrent seems to be the best way.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hear that the 6pm thingy may be only for UK peeps... :([/quote]

Weird. UK is 5 hours behind, so it wouldn't be midnight until 7pm EST.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Weird. UK is 5 hours behind, so it wouldn't be midnight until 7pm EST.[/quote]
Supposedly the EU beta started at 0:00 CEST.
0:00 CEST is UTC + 2. EDT (we are EDT now, not EST) is UTC - 4.

[quote name='Killaindian']nah it will definetly be available soon, I mean come on they can't hold it back that long.[/QUOTE]

well, the beta is supposed to be on the 21st anyway and not today, so don't be surprised if we have to wait, though I hope I'm wrong.

I mean they have the servers up, I am sure we will be able to play before midnight. I hope that we are able to play before 10pm or so, I mean some people might be able to get on. What if we log into a euro account and sign into the beta using the US konami ID? Maybe we can get away with it.

How are you people getting through the login screen. I get an error every time I try, even though my Ids are set up correctly.

bread's done
Back