Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='zewone']439 (refurb 20gig and regular MGS4) vs 499 (new 80gig, MGS4).

I myself would go for the 80GB, but I hardly care about PS2 BC and the 80gigs BC would be enough for me (I own a 40, so you know I really don't care). :lol:.

20GB HDD is going to fill up fast with just about any decent PS2 game requires 4-5GB installs (You can't even use the whole 20GBs), and you're getting a Sixaxis instead of a Dualshock 3.

80GB also has built in wifi and card readers, both of which the 20GB is lacking.

And, to top it all off, it's a refurb vs. a new system (with a better warranty).

I say you should just come up with the extra $60.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention I'm buying the LE version of MGS4. If I had $600 I could easily just buy the 80 gig and the LE version. Kinda sucks...

I'll have to rethink this, I would rather just buy the 80 gig. But that also assumes I can walk into a Bestbuy or gamestop on the 12th and they have one to buy.

[quote name='Furashu']i just beat MGS3:SE but
when do they show that eva explains to snake how ocelot got such a high rank and the boss is his mom? i saw it on the wiki but not in game
[/QUOTE]
Unlike previous games, much of the character's backstory has to be initiated by you. In other words, if you want to know more about Ocelot then call everyone after you fight him.

They never outright say Ocelot is The Boss's son, but it's so heavily implied that they kind of do. Siginit tells you how The Boss gave birth on the battlefield, and the Philosophers took her child. EVA tells you Ocelot was born on the battlefield, and his mother was some legendary hero. Also the reason Liquid can come back through his arm in MGS2 is because The Sorrow is Ocelot's father. So Ocelot has some of his father's ability to communicate with the dead.

yea i'd say if your tv has hdmi, just go with a single hdmi cable. Less to connect (single plug to single plug, compared to component: single plug to 5 plugs) and...well since I don't know the quality of a hdmi cable vs. a component cable connection, I guess that's it lol. Hdmi should be equal to if not better than component in most cases.

I use a hdmi to dvi cable from monoprice.com for my TV and it's worked great. Cheap for a 15ft too got it for like $6-7.

[quote name='MarkMan']I preordered 4 LEs (2 at one GS, 2 at another) just in case of situations like this.

Rest assured I better get my stuff or magazine racks will have to muster up some solid courage against me.

I just want 2 copies of the LE damn it.

I got this today though ;)

2557217925_9c88f24d53.jpg
[/quote]

Which SD stores are you preordering at? Mine is Mission Valley and it doesn't have the artbooks yet nor is it doing a midnight opening.

[quote name='zewone']Bestbuy, Gamestop and other B&M stores rip off their customers with a HUGE markup on HDMI cables.

All HDMI is the same, either they work or don't work since it's a digital signal (as opposed to component/composites analog signal, which is where brand quality matters).

Monoprice make excellent products and those are definitely PS3 compatible (I own a couple HDMI/DVI cables from monoprice).

I think you do need the HDMI for upscaling PS2 games (I know you need it to upscale DVDs).[/quote]

I have a Monoprice cable, 6 ft. I had at the time a Monster cable, same length for $70. I took that out, plugged in the monoprice, and lo and behold, just as brilliant as the overpriced store-bought cable. I took Monster's back the next day and saved myself $60. Oh sure, the cable doesn't look pretty, no flashy endcaps-- but guess what: no one's gonna see them anyways behind your TV.

Now the trick is to buy really no bigger than 20 feet-- after that, the quality goes down on them (someone actually took monoprice's cables to the Monster HQ and tested them-- Google it). But you really shouldn't need more than 20 feet anyways.

Buy with confidence. This board swears by monoprice. The reason they're so cheap is they cut out the middleman and rely on word of mouth. Kinda like In 'n' Out Burger.

[quote name='imascrub']doesn't Pain come as a free download for the $2.99 Qore magazine too? lol[/QUOTE]
It's Calling All Cars, but you have to get the year subscription.

Is it just me or does this sound like an MGS song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuwCvElbWM4

I can't seem to locate it in the OST's but I swear it sounds like one :). Plus they've used MGS songs in IIDX before.

Hmmm Looks the song name (高高度降下低高度開傘) translates to "High-altitude low opening parachute descent"
Which refers the HALO Jump from MGS3, don't see the music resemblance though, but the song does sound MGSish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9hxQcCG4V8

[quote name='Zoglog']Is it just me or does this sound like an MGS song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuwCvElbWM4

I can't seem to locate it in the OST's but I swear it sounds like one :). Plus they've used MGS songs in IIDX before.[/quote]

At around 1:17 it does sounds like it could be in MGS, it also sounds like the music they used in those marine commercials on TV.

=====================================

Is anyone attending any of the the Metal Gear Solid World Tour dates? I'm planning on going to the Los Angelas launch...

http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/world/schedule2_en.html#losangeles

The website doesn't give details, but do you guys think they'd sell the LE MGS4 game? I want to get that signed by David Hayter :cool:

[quote name='Interstella 5555']At around 1:17 it does sounds like it could be in MGS, it also sounds like the music they used in those marine commercials on TV.

=====================================

Is anyone attending any of the the Metal Gear Solid World Tour dates? I'm planning on going to the Los Angelas launch...

http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/world/schedule2_en.html#losangeles

The website doesn't give details, but do you guys think they'd sell the LE MGS4 game? I want to get that signed by David Hayter :cool:[/QUOTE]

I considered it, but pretty much every midnight launch I've been to has been a fat waste of time. I have work so I usually don't show up till later after the crowds are already ridiculously huge. Also this one is at the Hollywood BB which is a pain. If it was in the WestLA BB I might have considered it. Oh yeah plus Kojima isn't going to that one :)

[quote name='Zoglog']I considered it, but pretty much every midnight launch I've been to has been a fat waste of time. I have work so I usually don't show up till later after the crowds are already ridiculously huge. Also this one is at the Hollywood BB which is a pain. If it was in the WestLA BB I might have considered it. Oh yeah plus Kojima isn't going to that one :)[/quote]

Yeah Kojima isn't going to be at the LA launch -_- . It's alright though David Hayter is going to be at the LA launch and I think he's worth lining up for, I don't see MGS being as popular without his signature voice. I know it might sounds strange for some people, but I actually have fun lining up for certain events.

Just curious what's wrong with the Hollywood BB? I haven't been there personally so any info is appreciated.

Also my question still stands, I know that GS has exclusivity to the LE MGS4 game, but do you guys think that with this official Konami launch that they'll have the LE for sale?

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Yeah Kojima isn't going to be at the LA launch -_- . It's alright though David Hayter is going to be at the LA launch and I think he's worth lining up for, I don't see MGS being as popular without his signature voice. I know it might sounds strange for some people, but I actually have fun lining up for certain events.
Also my question still stands, I know that GS has exclusivity to the LE MGS4 game, but do you guys think that with this official Konami launch that they'll have the LE for sale?[/quote]

Emphatic no. LE exclusive to GS means exclusive. They made a deal with GS, and they're sticking to it. The last thing they're going to do is undermine a partnership and offer it to a competitor, midnight launch be damed. They can sell a whopping amount of the regular copy of the game and regular bundle packs than worry about a small price jump which overall wouldn't be much of a difference in profit anyways.

Inasmuch as I love Hayter's work (both as a voice and as a film screenwriter), I would still rather get $100 in free stuff through Wally's deal-- I wouldn't even think of trying to do a price match on the bundle there. If they didn't honor it, then you're forced to take the signed box for a flat $500. Sorry, but that's not worth missing out on $100 in free loot.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Yeah Kojima isn't going to be at the LA launch -_- . It's alright though David Hayter is going to be at the LA launch and I think he's worth lining up for, I don't see MGS being as popular without his signature voice. I know it might sounds strange for some people, but I actually have fun lining up for certain events.

Just curious what's wrong with the Hollywood BB? I haven't been there personally so any info is appreciated.

Also my question still stands, I know that GS has exclusivity to the LE MGS4 game, but do you guys think that with this official Konami launch that they'll have the LE for sale?[/QUOTE]

Dunno, i just heard some annoying stories about how they handled the ps3 launch, not letting people goto the restroom and such. Also I'm not quite sure how much parking they have there.

Here's some more concrete details

http://playstation.innovyx.net/v?xJnPHlnEHWHvnlvlTWJq

[quote name='Zoglog']Dunno, i just heard some annoying stories about how they handled the ps3 launch, not letting people goto the restroom and such. Also I'm not quite sure how much parking they have there.

Here's some more concrete details

http://playstation.innovyx.net/v?xJnPHlnEHWHvnlvlTWJq[/quote]
Ooooh, a model, oooooooo

I might just make it down there, maybe, I'd really like to get my LE and get that signed though :(
I wish it could've been a day later, or maybe I can coax GS into getting my LE a day earlier :lol:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ooooh, a model, oooooooo

I might just make it down there, maybe, I'd really like to get my LE and get that signed though :(
I wish it could've been a day later, or maybe I can coax GS into getting my LE a day earlier :lol:[/quote]

Not just a model... a "real-life" model. None of those CG ones. :roll:

I would wager just about anything that BB's limiting only those with actual product being purchased in the store to have that merchandise signed-- you might be able to sneak in a copy of the Guyver for Hayter, but I really don't think you'll be getting your LE copy early, since GS closely monitors their store sales. An LE on the books is going to set off more than a few red flags-- in fact, I don't think it'll even allow a ring-up until street.

[quote name='Watchman']Not just a model... a "real-life" model. None of those CG ones. :roll:

I would wager just about anything that BB's limiting only those with actual product being purchased in the store to have that merchandise signed-- you might be able to sneak in a copy of the Guyver for Hayter, but I really don't think you'll be getting your LE copy early, since GS closely monitors their store sales. An LE on the books is going to set off more than a few red flags-- in fact, I don't think it'll even allow a ring-up until street.[/quote]
I see a lot of models...on Fashion TV ;)

I know, it was just wishful thinking. Kinda sucks to go over there for nothing then, I can't spend money on a Regular Copy knowing I already have the LE pre-ordered (and I have yet to pay it in full).
Hopefully I can catch Hayter around Hollywood or Burbank or somethin', maybe hook up with Yumi in an after party, because I have that ability to be awesome ;)

Damn, I asked one of the employees at my local EB how many bundles they were expected to get and he said only 2 or 3 and that would be true of all stores in the area. I know a lot of the time employees are full of it, but this guy has been there for years and seems like he knows what he's talking about. I may have to pull an all-night campout for this one. I'm a bit worried now.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
Hopefully I can catch Hayter around Hollywood or Burbank or somethin', maybe hook up with Yumi in an after party, because I have that ability to be awesome ;)[/quote]

I'm thinkin' Hayter's gotta get up in the morning to get back on the Watchmen set. Good luck with the real-life model though. :applause:

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Damn, I asked one of the employees at my local EB how many bundles they were expected to get and he said only 2 or 3 and that would be true of all stores in the area. I know a lot of the time employees are full of it, but this guy has been there for years and seems like he knows what he's talking about. I may have to pull an all-night campout for this one. I'm a bit worried now.[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that. Only really busy stores will get more than that. I work at the busiest store in the district, and we're only getting 8.

I don't want to order online though, because I'm rarely around during the day to sign for stuff. I may try Best Buy or Gamecrazy or possibly even Target, but those places are all a bit further from me. I don't have a car and was hoping to go somewhere within a couple miles so I could walk and get there early (like 5am or so).

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
Hopefully I can catch Hayter around Hollywood or Burbank or somethin', maybe hook up with Yumi in an after party, because I have that ability to be awesome ;)[/QUOTE]

That'd probably work if your name was kojima and hired models left and right just because you have that much influence over the idiotic company you work for :)

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I can confirm that. Only really busy stores will get more than that. I work at the busiest store in the district, and we're only getting 8.[/quote]

So what happens if a store took more reservations than copies they're getting in? First come first serve?

[quote name='espy605']So what happens if a store took more reservations than copies they're getting in? First come first serve?[/QUOTE]

Varies with the employees. If they follow the rules it'll be in order.

[quote name='KingBroly']fuck. I got hit with a major spoiler on youtube. I'm bailing out.[/QUOTE]

I'm worried about that happening to me. The only game site I'm visiting right now is CAG so I can be safe.

Everyone get a hold of yourselves! Only 3-4 more days.. and an 8 minute install. GARR, why do I have to have finals next week.

[quote name='Watchman']I'm thinkin' Hayter's gotta get up in the morning to get back on the Watchmen set. Good luck with the real-life model though. :applause:[/quote]
Fo sho, I'l give it a shot ;)

[quote name='Zoglog']That'd probably work if your name was kojima and hired models left and right just because you have that much influence over the idiotic company you work for :)[/quote]
Idiotic?!?

Any company that makes bank can't be all that idiotic....can it? :whistle2:s

Btw, see my sig, if he can do it, I can do it too :D

Ugh...this should be added to the worst box art lists gaming sites like to do every great while. The European cover keeps the trend, this just looks like those bargain bin DVD movies they release a year or so after the special edition.

[quote name='whoknows']That's awesome. :lol:[/quote]

Inasmuch as I don't want to risk clicking any videos, that one definitely was worth it. And I know I'll laugh again when I see it Thursday.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I don't want to order online though, because I'm rarely around during the day to sign for stuff. I may try Best Buy or Gamecrazy or possibly even Target, but those places are all a bit further from me. I don't have a car and was hoping to go somewhere within a couple miles so I could walk and get there early (like 5am or so).[/QUOTE]

See if they'll ship via USPS priority mail. If you're not home, they'll hold it at your local post office for you to pick up. It's freakin' sweet. They might even do this with non-priority mail. I don't see why not, but I've only done it with priority mail.

Well, I finished replaying through MGS1 and 2. Time to watch Escape from N.Y. and L.A., "Snake Pliskin?, I thought you were dead!?".

[quote name='CrimGhost']Well, I finished replaying through MGS1 and 2. Time to watch Escape from N.Y. and L.A., "Snake Pliskin?, I thought you were dead!?".[/QUOTE]

I've never seen escape from LA/NY... worth watching?

bread's done
Back