Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='whoknows']I'm worried about that happening to me. The only game site I'm visiting right now is CAG so I can be safe.[/QUOTE]

I'm avoiding 4chan like the plague considering their past history of spoiling shit :lol:

[quote name='crazytalkx']I'm avoiding 4chan like the plague considering their past history of spoiling shit :lol:[/quote]

This might be an opportune time for you to wean yourself off the site forever.

[quote name='Watchman']This might be an opportune time for you to wean yourself off the site forever.[/QUOTE]

Good suggestion :whistle2:k
Unfortunately, it's summer vacation and I don't have a whole lot to do...ahhh.

Man it's crazy, there are MGS4 spoilers everywhere, even on Youtube.

[quote name='dealiboy']Man it's crazy, there are MGS4 spoilers everywhere, even on Youtube.

Thanks for the heads-up. Some people deserve to get shot for this.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I've never seen escape from LA/NY... worth watching?[/QUOTE]

It's so cheesy and hillarious(even though it's not trying to be), yet Escape from NY is Kojima's favorite movie. I remember watching a making of for MGS2 and Kojima's office had this really huge Escape from NY movie poster on the wall. There are some "ideas" from the film that Kojima borrowed and utilized in the Metal Gear series, besides Solid Snake's character design and attributes of course. You can probably get both Escape from NY and LA on dvd for less than $10 each.

[quote name='CrimGhost']It's so cheesy and hillarious(even though it's not trying to be), yet Escape from NY is Kojima's favorite movie. I remember watching a making of for MGS2 and Kojima's office had this really huge Escape from NY movie poster on the wall. There are some "ideas" from the film that Kojima borrowed from the film that he utilized in the Metal Gear series, besides Solid Snake's character design and attributes. You can probably get both Escape from NY and LA on dvd for less than $10 each.[/QUOTE]

I can watch it instantly on Netflix right now so I will... I don't expect much other than to be amused.

[quote name='dealiboy']Man it's crazy, there are MGS4 spoilers everywhere, even on Youtube.

Yea, I am thinking of going on media shut out for the few days leading up to MGS4...

And I am worried about waiting in line for it on midnight. For a few reasons:
1. Any drive by spoilers. (people think they are fu-ckin comedians for that...)
2. Any customers in line that know everything that happens, and like to be "awesome" So they blurt all of it out.
3. Sometimes my Gamestop puts up a projector to feature the game that is releasing at midnight. And it would suck if they put up MGS4 playing and reveal the whole damn intro/starting moments.

SO I don't know what to do. I was hoping on getting it at midnight and installing it at night, watching the intro/getting to first save spot and then waking up early to start my MGS4 nonstop game weekend.

I dunno. People can be dicks.

I would never think my anticipation for this game would be this high. I preordered LE yet I'm going to go at midnight. I feel like a total crack addict.

[quote name='zewone']Headphones and an iPod.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I hope ur post dosn't get deleted because I don't consider that a spoiler. nice to see it in the game though (from pics I've seen).

watching Escape from NY right now for the first time.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I hope ur post dosn't get deleted because I don't consider that a spoiler. nice to see it in the game though (from pics I've seen).

watching Escape from NY right now for the first time.[/QUOTE]
He wasn't talking about the game lol. He was giving advice for waiting in line.

I figured I would start up a threat about trying to find MGS4 before the street. With video proof showing that they are in stores such as walmart, I figured this would help people who will be hunting the next couple days.

So, if you have gotten a copy early, either Via Amazon, or B&M stores. P0st about it here.

Where did you get it from?

Where do you live?

Let the hunting commence!

[quote name='zewone']Headphones and an iPod.[/quote]

My idea exactly. But I am going to be there with a few friends, so I don't really want to shut them out completely.

Meh, just wait 3 days for it to come out.

I'd prefer playing it on release day. It's like lighting fireworks in your back yard by yourself 4 days before 4th of July or tricker treating a week before halloween... You are only cheating yourself.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']He wasn't talking about the game lol. He was giving advice for waiting in line.[/QUOTE]

:lol: oddly that post entirely related to the game. >_< I already know what the iPod entales in the game, which I look very much forward to.

Not sure if I agree that playing it early is cheating yourself, but I'm still not going to go out hunting for it. I've got it reserved, plus I want to try to play MG1 and 2 before Thursday. Anyone gotten through them before who can tell me how long they are? I don't know if I'm being realistic here.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'd prefer playing it on release day. It's like lighting fireworks in your back yard by yourself 4 days before 4th of July or tricker treating a week before halloween... You are only cheating yourself.[/quote]

You still get to enjoy the fireworks, so you're not cheating yourself. Unless you've got magical fireworks that only work on July 4th.

I don't understand the Halloween example.

I haven't seen anything locally. Everyone's been hush.

With a pre-order already reserved, I'm going to take it easy and just wait for Thursday.

Not really, because the entire world isn't your nearby friends and family.

No, if someone got MGS4 early, he and his friends could enjoy the game together whenever just by getting together. Since it's a single player game primarily, even with MGO, there's no real need to wait.

As for discussing things online, well you can just as reasy create an MGS topic labelled Story Spoilers, people will come in to post as they get the game and play.

I may be getting my copy today if things go through. This works out for me because Thursday night I have plans.

Since its an exclusive, probably not. The only ones that would be left were people who didn't pick up their preorders and I think those are fair game after 48 hours of the game coming out. The manager should be able to tell you in advance how many copies were ordered and how many were preorders.

It's funny how the same people said the Final Fantasy XII LE/CE tin was going to be just as limited. Look what happened there.

[quote name='Dhuk']It's funny how the same people said the Final Fantasy XII LE/CE tin was going to be just as limited.[/QUOTE]

that because the CLE was the only version available.

[quote name='62t']that because the CLE was the only version available.[/quote]

Note: This was said before it came out, during the PO process.

Come release day, They had both. But more tins than anything.

[quote name='metaly']Not sure if I agree that playing it early is cheating yourself, but I'm still not going to go out hunting for it. I've got it reserved, plus I want to try to play MG1 and 2 before Thursday. Anyone gotten through them before who can tell me how long they are? I don't know if I'm being realistic here.[/quote]

You'll really have to dedicate yourself to playing if you want to beat both of them before Wednesday night/Thursday.

[quote name='metaly']Not sure if I agree that playing it early is cheating yourself, but I'm still not going to go out hunting for it. I've got it reserved, plus I want to try to play MG1 and 2 before Thursday. Anyone gotten through them before who can tell me how long they are? I don't know if I'm being realistic here.[/quote]

You can do it, though if you get stuck look for a spoiler free faq if you want to finish on time.

I have the LE pre-ordered, but to be honest I'm not sure that extra stuff is worth it. I based my decision on the Subsistence LE scenario.

[quote name='mf44']Well I guess I can always order if from gamestop.com if I need it. Now I'm thinking I'll just forget it, though. I really only wanted the soundtrack and I'm sure I can find it online somewhere.[/QUOTE]

i could try to give it to you in .rar files... I need to extract and make sure I actually got everything.

[quote name='Thomas96']I have the Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack... that was the best thing about the LE set imo.[/quote]

The soundtrack is what make me sure I want the LE, since I have all the other soundtracks from the other games, it was inevitable I was going to get this soundtrack and it just make the decision that much easier.

[quote name='Thongsy']The soundtrack is what make me sure I want the LE, since I have all the other soundtracks from the other games, it was inevitable I was going to get this soundtrack and it just make the decision that much easier.[/quote]

The soundtrack that comes with the LE is only 16 selected tracks from the game. There is an official MGS4 soundtrack that comes in 2 discs and can be ordered online.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']The soundtrack that comes with the LE is only 16 selected tracks from the game. There is an official MGS4 soundtrack that comes in 2 discs and can be ordered online.[/quote]

Yeah I just realized this so there's no pressing reason for me to get the LE. Maybe if they have an extra on launch day I might get it, but I'm not going to stress over it.

[quote name='Thongsy']The soundtrack is what make me sure I want the LE, since I have all the other soundtracks from the other games, it was inevitable I was going to get this soundtrack and it just make the decision that much easier.[/QUOTE]

I cannot wait to hear this soundtrack.. Harry Gregsome-Williams, I think has produced his best work on Metal Gear soundtracks, at least for the opening songs, and main themes.
and the song that was playing when you're fighting the last boss... omg that shit was sweet.

So I can't wait, but I don't think I'm going to listen to the soundtrack until after I have played the game for a while. I don't want to spoil anything.

you know... it'd be nice if they had the soundtrack for sale, or just for download via PSN. Lair had a couple of tunes, it'd be nice if Konami could put something up.

bread's done
Back