Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='espy605']I wish they'd stop releasing Metal Gear games on the PSP. I hate playing on that thing, gimme a PS2 port of all the Ac!d and Ops games.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Anyone pick up the Collector's Edition of the strat guide? My main EB only received two and I'm thinking about grabbing one if their going to be in such short supply.

For those who want more or better gameplay videos(because in the videos on Gametrailers, the player totally sucks), I braved the Gametrailers forums again and managed to get this: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168176
Has 4 gameplay videos. I barely dodged a bullet in that topic thread because apparently one of the posters that replied to it had an avatar that was a major(and true) spoiler. I deserve a damn medal.

[quote name='markingsmart']Anyone pick up the Collector's Edition of the strat guide? My main EB only received two and I'm thinking about grabbing one if their going to be in such short supply.[/QUOTE]
I bought it.

This game is the biggest game to be released, has anyone seen any Television commercials for this game, or anything?!

damn Sony can we get some of that Gears of War treatment.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I bought it.[/QUOTE]

Where ever you bought it, did they have a lot on hand? Is the book itself numbered in any way? Just curious.

I bought it from Gamestop. We only got 4 in, and that was because we had 1 preorder. The lithograph that comes with it is numbered. I believe it went up to 45000.

[quote name='f50turbo']For those who want more or better gameplay videos(because in the videos on Gametrailers, the player totally sucks), I braved the Gametrailers forums again and managed to get this: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168176
Has 4 gameplay videos. I barely dodged a bullet in that topic thread because apparently one of the posters that replied to it had an avatar that was a major(and true) spoiler. I deserve a damn medal.[/quote]

And yet you post a link of gameplay spoilers.:roll:

[quote name='markingsmart']Where ever you bought it, did they have a lot on hand?[/quote]
Amazon.com.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']my guess is that the ad campaign will start after its released.[/QUOTE]

I thought about that too, I guess its better to advertise for something the consumer can actually go to the store and get rather than hype up a product that's no yet available.

[quote name='f50turbo']For those who want more or better gameplay videos(because in the videos on Gametrailers, the player totally sucks), I braved the Gametrailers forums again and managed to get this: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168176
Has 4 gameplay videos. I barely dodged a bullet in that topic thread because apparently one of the posters that replied to it had an avatar that was a major(and true) spoiler. I deserve a damn medal.[/quote]

In the first vid with the shootout of the frogs and the rat patrol. I thought it was funny, when Johnny is like "oohh....i have to go to the bathroom" and you can hear him farting, lol

[quote name='Thomas96']I thought about that too, I guess its better to advertise for something the consumer can actually go to the store and get rather than hype up a product that's no yet available.[/quote]

Because hype & anticipation mean nothing in the VG world...

Oh Wait..

n-gage-face.jpg

XD

[quote name='Thomas96']This game is the biggest game to be released, has anyone seen any Television commercials for this game, or anything?!

damn Sony can we get some of that Gears of War treatment.[/quote]

Yea, I've seen the commercial a few times.

I have to hide when it comes on.

Spoiler free is the way to be!

Alright, way back with MGS1 the game used the rumble feature in a very cool way with the Psycho Mantis fight. (Yes, I realze it was just the controller rumbling and not his mind doing it, but anyways) My main question is since the new Dualshock 3 is compatible with MGS4 does anyone know if they will be doing anything special with the game and the controller like they did with MGS1? MGS2 and 3 didnt have any cute gimicks like this, but hey with the new controller and game anything is possible.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Actually I saw a commercial on TV for it the other night. It was the Courage is Solid one. Was on during Adult Swim.[/quote]

Wow, one commercial during a time which hardly no one is watching TV. Konami america needs to pick up the pace.

I bought it from Gamestop. We only got 4 in, and that was because we had 1 preorder. The lithograph that comes with it is numbered. I believe it went up to 45000.

So then there are 45000 copies then? probably due to the low PO count, whats your store LE PO count?

I've actually been thinking of getting one off of buy.com w/ gco for MGS4, but the six axis has been fine for me. Sometimes on the 360 the rumble is a bit much. I wish the six axis had rumble, but I don't need to spend 35+ for another controller when this one works fine, when the buttons start to stick, then I'll get a ds3.

[quote name='Watchman']And yet you post a link of gameplay spoilers.:roll:[/quote]My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, glad I picked the slow-ass free shipping from ebgames for my special edition, since I won't be able to touch the game until June 21 (majorly fucking huge licensing exam coming up :cold:).

well im wondering the same..

But in MGS2 & 3 snake used rumble for personel detection, when radar was not available.. also for "heart monitor" and that stuff..

So, I have the DS3 in my cart but im still thinking in getting it or not.. :(:bomb:

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Man I am super excited. I am not sleeping at all tonight. I got to trade in a bunch of games today so I can pick up the LE but it will be worth it.

[quote name='Thomas96']i lost my preorder slip. i hope its in my office[/quote]
Is recommended but you do not need a receipt, they will ask your phone number and a couple of questions and that is it :p (Has happen to me twice)

[quote name='KingBroly']I saw an ad on ESPN news this morning (Courage is Solid).[/quote]

Not surprising. They're going to be airing it on male-dominated programming and channels, like Cartoon Network, Spike, G4 (obviously), ESPN and other like-minded things. If Bionic Woman, Lost or Heroes were on right now, they'd be running the spot on them as well.

[quote name='62t']Ha I beat MGS1 using the non analog control[/quote]

EVERBODY SING....

I am special, I am special, yes I am, yes I am......

They are using rumble for this. I recall it being talked about in a few reviews.

You don't NEED rumble though. It's nothing integral to the game experience.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm not going through a lot of pages to find out.

For stores doing a midnight opening, if you did not preorder a Limited Edition do you think they will have quite a few extra copies left for those that did not preorder?

[quote name='farley91']Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm not going through a lot of pages to find out.

For stores doing a midnight opening, if you did not preorder a Limited Edition do you think they will have quite a few extra copies left for those that did not preorder?[/quote]

Some do, some don't. You can call and check, they should be able to tell you on the phone if they have a surplus.

[quote name='farley91']Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm not going through a lot of pages to find out.

For stores doing a midnight opening, if you did not preorder a Limited Edition do you think they will have quite a few extra copies left for those that did not preorder?[/QUOTE]

The store that is doing a midnight by me had 5 extras of the LE as of yesterday. But they were advertising this pretty heavy and trying to get people to preorder them. The store I originally preorder at had 7 preorders for the LE and only got 5 copies. I am happy I switched my preorder to the store doing the midnight.

Do they even make PS3 games that don't have rumble anymore? I kind of doubt it. Plus the more popular games (i.e. Resistance) got rumble software updates.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']They are using rumble for this. I recall it being talked about in a few reviews.

You don't NEED rumble though. It's nothing integral to the game experience.[/quote]

Wow, getting one of these bundles is going to be a lot harder than I thought. Circuit City, Fred Meyers, and Blockbuster (the places other than GS that are easiest for me to get to) all say they're not getting any tomorrow. And the EB closest to me couldn't give me an exact number (the girl there said it was because if I wanted to rob her I'd know how many they had, and when I pressed her saying that I just wanted to be able to do a head count, so I'd know wether to wait in line or not she just said there would be people there by midnight and that I shouldn't bother, then hung up on me.) Both Best Buys I called also said they couldn't tell me how many they'd be getting. The only real figure I was able to get was from Target and they said 4. I'm really starting to worry that I won't get one now.

[quote name='espy605']I wonder if we will still have our MGO statistics.[/quote]

I highly doubt it. That way the other 90% of people who didn't get an opportunity to play the beta can come in as equals to those that did. If anything, I'd think they'd at best leave you your character.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Highly doubt it.[/quote]

Hmm. Hey do you know how they calculate level increase? I was stuck at Level 4 forever but I saw a lot of people higher than me.

Crap after all this time I don't remember my log in name or password.

Someone asked this question on 1UP and Shane Bettenhausen (who works for 1UP and beat the game) responded with this:

"I would argue that you REALLY need a DS3 for MGS4...of all the games i've played on PS3, it utilizes it the best. In fact, the game actually breaks the 4th wall and talks about the DS3 a few times...seriously bro, beg/cheat/steal to get one!"

I am going to pick one up tomorrow since MGS4 comes out tomorrow but I really wanted to get a white one. I think rumble is important because it adds to the game experience. Sure it is just rumbling but when I got Warhawk and the controller didn't rumble when I increased the thrust, I definitely noticed and it took away from the experience.

I know the first two levels are done at 250/500, but after that I have no clue. It seemed to me like I went from lvl 3 to 4 and back down again randomly, so I'm not sure how it works after that.

[quote name='Razzuel']Someone asked this question on 1UP and Shane Bettenhausen (who works for 1UP and beat the game) responded with this:

"I would argue that you REALLY need a DS3 for MGS4...of all the games i've played on PS3, it utilizes it the best. In fact, the game actually breaks the 4th wall and talks about the DS3 a few times...seriously bro, beg/cheat/steal to get one!"

I am going to pick one up tomorrow since MGS4 comes out tomorrow but I really wanted to get a white one. I think rumble is important because it adds to the game experience. Sure it is just rumbling but when I got Warhawk and the controller didn't rumble when I increased the thrust, I definitely noticed and it took away from the experience.[/quote]

Doesn't Bettenhausen tend to exaggerate greatly?

I can't imagine MGS4 using rumble in an earth shattering way compared to MGS2 and MGS3. While it's nice to have, I don't think it's essential to the game.

[quote name='Razzuel']Someone asked this question on 1UP and Shane Bettenhausen (who works for 1UP and beat the game) responded with this:

I am going to pick one up tomorrow since MGS4 comes out tomorrow but I really wanted to get a white one. I think rumble is important because it adds to the game experience. Sure it is just rumbling but when I got Warhawk and the controller didn't rumble when I increased the thrust, I definitely noticed and it took away from the experience.[/quote]

[quote name='espy605']I can't imagine MGS4 using rumble in an earth shattering way compared to MGS2 and MGS3. While it's nice to have, I don't think it's essential to the game.[/quote]

I agree it is not essential but it does definitely add to the experience.

There's probably a codec in the game telling you to get a DS3 to make the mission go more smoothly after you wander around aimlessly for 15 minutes because you didn't feel the controller rumble which was actually a codec call.

Anyone who has it now, I have a question: The initial install: Does that include MGO or is MGO a seperate install altogether?

[quote name='paddlefoot']Doesn't Bettenhausen tend to exaggerate greatly?[/QUOTE]When he first got his hands on the DS3 with MGS4 he claimed he could sense where enemies were attacking him from just by the rumble.

:whistle2:|

bread's done
Back