Metal Gear Solid HD Collection LE $59.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='Serpentor']It's more of a nostalgic thing, it has nothing to do with which platform is better (okay, maybe the controller, I said "maybe" because some people still like the Xbox controller better).[/QUOTE]

I like the 360 controller infinitely more, but as someone else pointed out, the games were designed to work on the PS controller. Playing them on the 360 definitely feels off.

[quote name='Neuco']Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is not correct. Do some research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy

The "Solid" games were first on PlayStation, yes, but Metal Gear was on other platforms before that. Final Fantasy was primarily on Nintendo systems before 7.[/QUOTE]

Not Bursting my bubble. I was referring to current gen games. I'm well aware of all of the Final Fantasy games on all Nintendo platforms.

[quote name='Vigilante']Are you hitting the "Enter" key after you input your zip code, or are you hitting the "Find" button next to where you input your zip code?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. looks like it works when i click the "find" button. I was hitting "enter"

[quote name='sylveranking']i don't even...what? What are you trying to say. Considering the only place i have seen this le is gamestop (and only one copy per), i am going to say these are fairly limited at this point. I see no indication of a reprint either, so now you are just trolling hard.[/quote]

[quote name='dantewarrior']nice try. If you seen something once at a gs, it must be instock everywhere? That deserves to be somebody's sig!
Thanks op. Was able to return/rebuy both editions to get back $42 & change.
For $59.99 this is totally worth it[/quote]

8-[

[quote name='GBAstar']

Besides isn't it obvious their is going to be a reprint?

DURRRRRRRR[/QUOTE]

No, but its pretty obvious that you don't know the difference between
"their" and "there."

[quote name='Romeo']Not Bursting my bubble. I was referring to current gen games. I'm well aware of all of the Final Fantasy games on all Nintendo platforms.[/QUOTE]

Unless they're published by Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo, franchises are not specific to any console. That's my view, at least.

[quote name='technicalstylez']No, but its pretty obvious that you don't know the difference between
"their" and "there."[/QUOTE]

its or it's?

kettle... meet pot

[quote name='SteveGo']So you're both equally stupid, congrats.[/QUOTE]

No what's stupid is correcting grammar on an internet message board. What's worse is correcting a commonly made mistake while creating one of your own.

Now the real crime was commited by those who didn't pick up on my obvious attempt to poke fun at the shittards who litter these threads with the "I'll pick this up at (some insultingly low price) because I have seen piles of them at (some obsecure reference to seeing it in stock at a store many months ago) and (insert commonly referenced "token" over priced and over produced LE/CE) was still rotting on shelves a year after it was produced so therefore this LE/CE will do the same.

The best are the idiots who then point out that it will be reprinted because like two previous CE/LE's have been reprinted this generation

[quote name='skizomaniak']I'm about to go get this price matched! Bought it at 79.99, still have my receipt. w00t![/QUOTE]

This is why I always keep receipts for a month after I buy sth.

[quote name='suwillgetu']So why is it again that everyone wants the PS3 version and not the 360 one? I just did a search out of curiosity and there were no stores within a 100 mile radius of me that had the PS3 version but tons of stores around me have the 360 one.[/QUOTE]
Like others have said

Personally for me MGS feels right on a Sony console. While they have been on other platforms MGS's home is the Playstation.

I know a couple of other people that feel the same way along with Silent Hill & Resident Evil too. I won't buy RE/MG on anything other then Nintendo/Sony, and SH/FF on Sony

I doubt GS will PM this. Their PM policy is normally 14 days and return policy is 30 days. I dont think their PM period is extended for the holidays even though returns are. I think it'll be YMMV or just about getting an employee that doesn't care either way.

Anyone that has their receipt can get it price adjusted. When I went in the guy at Gamestop didnt even realize they dropped. They have a 360 one in stock there behind the counter. I went right when they opened @ 11 so he may not have done the daily price adjustments yet. But he as well was stoked since he bought a LE for PS3 and was going to do a price adjustments as well. As long as it's within the return period he said this can be done. I did the same thing with Infamous 2 Hero Edition as well.

As for this being in STOCK as the one guy said. Good luck finding this @ $9.99 anywhere EVER. Add $100 to that as they have ALREADY been selling for over or around $100 on ebay already. ALL MGS LE games actually are Limited. They arent found months and months later. Or even a year later (Im looking at you Halo 3 Legendary). Have you seen the price of MGS3 LE in the red box. Sealed is worth a few hundred. OPened is around $200. A MGS PW Accessory pack goes for $100+ easy. So have fun going ALL OVER and getting this.

I'm leaving in about 30 min to go pickup the last 360 one hopefully. Have the regular edition but I'm a huge MGS fan and I figure in a couple years this will fetch a pretty penny. And that art book is the best I've ever seen.

[quote name='plus1zero']I'm leaving in about 30 min to go pickup the last 360 one hopefully. Have the regular edition but I'm a huge MGS fan and I figure in a couple years this will fetch a pretty penny. And that art book is the best I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

That artbook is THE BEST one I've seen for ANY Video Game PERIOD!!!! And for only $10 more now than the reg edition. Its a no brainer.

Oh, don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the PS3 version is also superior for my fellow trophy/achievement whores. The PS3 version has a full compliment of trophies for both MGS2 and MGS3, whereas the 360 version makes them share a 1000 GS.

I went and grabbed a sealed 360 copy, had to drive about 15 minutes but whatever. No tax since I paid all in credit. I guess I'll keep it sealed for now since I don't really have a desire to play the games at the moment.

Thing is huge, much bigger than I thought it was going to be. (that's what she said.)

I found a GS near me with one. They held it almost all day for me, which I was very grateful for. I gotta say, while this is a lean LE, it's darn cool. Glad to finally have this one in my collection!

Thanks, OP!!

All of this bitching about MGS being a PlayStation game reminds me of Valve and Bethesda games. We all know their games were made for the PC / XBOX 360.

I can't imagine playing Left 4 Dead, Skyrim, Fallout, Orange Box, etc on PlayStation 3. Nope.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Anyone that has their receipt can get it price adjusted. When I went in the guy at Gamestop didnt even realize they dropped. They have a 360 one in stock there behind the counter. I went right when they opened @ 11 so he may not have done the daily price adjustments yet. But he as well was stoked since he bought a LE for PS3 and was going to do a price adjustments as well. As long as it's within the return period he said this can be done. I did the same thing with Infamous 2 Hero Edition as well.

As for this being in STOCK as the one guy said. Good luck finding this @ $9.99 anywhere EVER. Add $100 to that as they have ALREADY been selling for over or around $100 on ebay already. ALL MGS LE games actually are Limited. They arent found months and months later. Or even a year later (Im looking at you Halo 3 Legendary). Have you seen the price of MGS3 LE in the red box. Sealed is worth a few hundred. OPened is around $200. A MGS PW Accessory pack goes for $100+ easy. So have fun going ALL OVER and getting this.[/QUOTE]

cool i never even knew the red MGS3 existed( didn't play MGS3 till the PS2 Collection came out)

I got this tonight along with my copies of venetica, thanks op! Sadly I bought it at BB so I.couldn't adjust the price, but I did trade in my regular version to bb for $25 so it strings a little bit less. Its really nice in case anyone's wondering. Best art book.I've ever seen.

[quote name='KtMack23']I got this tonight along with my copies of venetica, thanks op! Sadly I bought it at BB so I.couldn't adjust the price, but I did trade in my regular version to bb for $25 so it strings a little bit less. Its really nice in case anyone's wondering. Best art book.I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

You probably could've price adjusted at Best Buy IF you bought it within the past 30 days. Just show them the website.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']You probably could've price adjusted at Best Buy IF you bought it within the past 30 days. Just show them the website.[/QUOTE]

But I bought the standard initially so they couldn't adjust the price. Plus I bought it at launch on 11/8/11 so I was out of the price match window

[quote name='Romeo']...because MGS is a Sony series. It doesn't belong on the 360.[/QUOTE]

LOL, what an idiot. Sorry kid but if u go by that then it would be a Nintendo series since it started there, aaaa the memory's ..

[quote name='thegame956']LOL, what an idiot. Sorry kid but if u go by that then it would be a Nintendo series since it started there, aaaa the memory's ..[/QUOTE]

Heh.. Not to mention that Xbox and Gamecube both had MGS games.. Sure, PS2 got the love, but it wasn't the only lover.

That being said, I tend to agree with people who say MGS, and Final Fantasy, tend to be better on the PS3.. Now Resident Evil, that's really been all over the place. Dreamcast, Xbox, Hell Resident Evil 4 was a gamecube exclusive for a while. Even had the Chainsaw controller! They don't make them like that anymore.

[quote name='thegame956']LOL, what an idiot. Sorry kid but if u go by that then it would be a Nintendo series since it started there, aaaa the memory's ..[/QUOTE]

also wrong

[quote name='Booj']Heh.. Not to mention that Xbox and Gamecube both had MGS games.. Sure, PS2 got the love, but it wasn't the only lover.

That being said, I tend to agree with people who say MGS, and Final Fantasy, tend to be better on the PS3.. Now Resident Evil, that's really been all over the place. Dreamcast, Xbox, Hell Resident Evil 4 was a gamecube exclusive for a while. Even had the Chainsaw controller! They don't make them like that anymore.[/QUOTE]
I know its off topic but

Why can't we still get cool ass stuff like the chainsaw controller?!?!?!

[quote name='GUNNM']can we just enjoy good games on either system[/QUOTE]

No we can't! This is the internet, not some civil place where kind people get together to use logic and reason!

My personal opinion: I checked out my friend's CE, and I wasn't too impressed by the artbook. Sure there's a lot of pages of artwork, but there wasn't much variety in the subject matter. Granted I didn't look at aboslutely every page, but it seemed to be all character drawings, which is ok, but it was all in the same style. I would have love to have seen more level concept art and different art styles for the charaters (Just a couple of ideas). Anyone else feel the same way?

He isn't wrong. The Metal Gear Solid series was released in its entirety for the Playstation consoles, and in addition, MGS 1 and MGS 4 are still Sony exclusive titles. So, even if you have a 360, there's no way that you'd be able to play those games unless you also have a PS2 or a backward compatible PS3. And by the way, the series started on the MSX 2 not the NES :roll:.

Just stating the facts, not interested in getting into a lame console war discussion.

[quote name='Vetauciont']My personal opinion: I checked out my friend's CE, and I wasn't too impressed by the artbook. Sure there's a lot of pages of artwork, but there wasn't much variety in the subject matter. Granted I didn't look at aboslutely every page, but it seemed to be all character drawings, which is ok, but it was all in the same style. I would have love to have seen more level concept art and different art styles for the charaters (Just a couple of ideas). Anyone else feel the same way?[/QUOTE]

I have the CE and I'd tend to agree. I actually like more text in my CE but that aside I just imagine there are more comprehensive MG artbooks with most if not all of this art in it.

Still, if you like to collect CEs you could do worse as the games are great and it's an interesting and unique CE from a design standpoint.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']there's no way that you'd be able to play those games unless you also have a PS2 or a backward compatible PS3.[/QUOTE]

Any PS3 on the market can play every MGS game to date.

MGS: PSOne (either from PSN store or disc)
MGS2: MGS Collection
MGS3: MGS Collection
MGS4: PS3
MGSPW: MGS Collection

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Any PS3 on the market can play every MGS game to date.

MGS: PSOne (either from PSN store or disc)
MGS2: MGS Collection
MGS3: MGS Collection
MGS4: PS3
MGSPW: MGS Collection[/QUOTE]

That's not true actually - the game boy color version of metal gear solid is not available elsewhere. And MGS:portable ops was only on PSP. And MGS: twin snakes was only on gamecube. And countless others if you don't include the "solid" in the title (Acid series, Metal gear 1 & 2 on nes, etc.)

Well I doubt many people count the GBC version, but I am sure plenty do. Plus he said you would need a PS3 with backwards compatibility or a PS2 to play them all. He also said that the MGS series was released in it's entirety on the PlayStation so we can assume that he was referring to the PS1/PS2/PS3 MGS games.

Also Twin Snakes is just MGS1 redone, yeah they changed some things, but at the core it's still the same game.

I called the 3 three in-stock GSs near me @ 10am and all basically told me "we don't have it, the system doesn't update in "real" time.", yeah okay. Guess I have to hold out for a $15 vanilla version.

bread's done
Back