Metal Gear Solid HD Collection LE $59.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='GBAstar']No what's stupid is correcting grammar on an internet message board.[/QUOTE]

I love when this card is pulled... "I have a right to be wrong, you idiot!" Not that I care about the grammatical mistakes made here, but I do appreciate those who strive to be competent in the English language even on the internet.

Metal Gear is best enjoyed by all. When I do pick this up, it'll be for the 360 unless there are compelling technical reasons to go the other route.

[quote name='redroversk']I called the 3 three in-stock GSs near me @ 10am and all basically told me "we don't have it, the system doesn't update in "real" time.", yeah okay. Guess I have to hold out for a $15 vanilla version.[/QUOTE]

I dunno my "in stock" search was fairly accurate. I hit up my 2 closest Gamestops as they were on the way and they didn't have it. Then went straight to the closest location that was listed as in stock and they had one copy. I had mentioned the deal to a friend and when he searched maybe 30 min after my purchase the location I purchased from was already removed from the "in stock" list. An employee probably vultured the last copy at your locations.

On another note the one I got was restocked item as the plastic seal was missing, but the game itself was sealed and art book and case were still mint no damage/smudges. Went ahead and got it as I haven't seen it retail anywhere else. Had a split second of buyer's remorse on the way home but saw that the only other place that had it was Amazon Marketplace for $100 or more. Kind of wish it had some concept notes and environment matte paintings but I more than happy with the LE at this price.

[quote name='thegame956']Will best buy pm this???[/QUOTE]

They can't PM something they don't carry, surprising that Gamestop/Amazon somehow were exclusive with this release

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I love when this card is pulled... "I have a right to be wrong, you idiot!" Not that I care about the grammatical mistakes made here, but I do appreciate those who strive to be competent in the English language even on the internet.

Metal Gear is best enjoyed by all. When I do pick this up, it'll be for the 360 unless there are compelling technical reasons to go the other route.[/QUOTE]

If I ever made a grammar mistake and someone pointed it out, I'd be embarrassed, whether in formal writing or on the internet. But everyone makes a mistake now and then. It's no big deal. Internet posts aren't finished thesis.

It's the people who become indignant and angry ("who cares, it's the internet! F you!") who crack me up because they clearly don't care how they represent themselves. And if push comes to shove, it becomes apparent that they really don't know the difference between they're and their, and are just hiding behind internet-induced carelessness to mask their ignorance and lack of education.

[quote name='confoosious']If I ever made a grammar mistake and someone pointed it out, I'd be embarrassed, whether in formal writing or on the internet. But everyone makes a mistake now and then. It's no big deal. Internet posts aren't finished thesis.

It's the people who become indignant and angry ("who cares, it's the internet! F you!") who crack me up because they clearly don't care how they represent themselves. And if push comes to shove, it becomes apparent that they really don't know the difference between they're and their, and are just hiding behind internet-induced carelessness to mask their ignorance and lack of education.[/QUOTE]

This exactly.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Oh, don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the PS3 version is also superior for my fellow trophy/achievement whores. The PS3 version has a full compliment of trophies for both MGS2 and MGS3, whereas the 360 version makes them share a 1000 GS.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm sticking to the PS3 trophies... The platinum trophies are very satisfying where the Xbox just a mere 100% or 1000 GS (no additional reward for collecting every points, WHY?!?!) The platinum trophies can easily tell you how many games you max'd out besides the DLCs.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']really? why ps1 but not ps2? (just curious)[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you've lived under a rock, but Sony discontinued the manufacture of the EE chip several years ago, which makes playing PS2 games possible, to cut costs and make the PS3 more price competitive. Alot of people hated Sony for that, but seems it was the logical thing to do. Those PS3 models sell like crazy on ebay still.

Ended up breaking down and purchasing the last 360 copy at my local Gamestop. I'm a sucker for anything MGS as well as collector/limited editions. I'll probably keep it sealed for now.

[quote name='confoosious']If I ever made a grammar mistake and someone pointed it out, I'd be embarrassed, whether in formal writing or on the internet. But everyone makes a mistake now and then. It's no big deal. Internet posts aren't finished thesis.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't think of internet forums as a place where proper English is expected. Heck, most of the time, I don't even bother spell checking.

A large percentage of people on earth don't even speak English as their native language!

[quote name='confoosious']It's the people who become indignant and angry ("who cares, it's the internet! F you!") who crack me up because they clearly don't care how they represent themselves. And if push comes to shove, it becomes apparent that they really don't know the difference between they're and their, and are just hiding behind internet-induced carelessness to mask their ignorance and lack of education.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, the people that constantly feel the "need to point out others mistake in a degrading manner to make themselves feel better" i.e. the pedantic people is no better.

If you really need to feel the need to correct someone, then a private message is in order. You will likely find that the people affected are likely to appreciate your "help" instead of appearing like @sshole.

I bet you the vast majority would not point out others insignificant mistakes in public, because that would just make you look like an @ss. On the internet, nobody would give you the stare (or even worse punch your lights out).

So lighten up, and PM people if you must. :D

[quote name='gamingdroid']i.e. the pedantic people is no better.[/QUOTE]

the pedantic people are no better.

Just kidding. ;)

just finished Peacewalker, the cutscenes were nicely done in comic CG, even though I felt they were pretty cheap...

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Any tips on how to get them to price adjust?[/QUOTE]

I just told them the price had dropped and I was within the return window. The guy did a return and rebuy for me. Try different gamestops if you get shot down, eventually you'll find an employee that will allow it.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Any tips on how to get them to price adjust?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat and would love to know how to approach this. I have my gift receipt an opened 360 copy. There's a couple of stores near me with the same copy, does that help/hurt the situation?

My GS made me bring back my copy to return and rebuy it. I made my point that having the item on hand should be irrelevant but the manager was being strict about ”loss prevention” procedure.

Thanks guys, I really wanted this but not for 80. Online showed the mall had a copy. I went, the guy said they didnt have any. I said the online site says they did. He went in back and came back with it saying the manager had it on hold but gave permission for it to be sold to me. :whistle2:D so YAY

Guys does this only come with the art book, or is their some sort of DLC included with the game? Hoping for solid snake avatar gear.

It's just the art book. One of the malls here has it according to the site but I don't care for getting the art book and I already have a copy of the game. Also it's an half hour drive there, hour total so not worth the effort considering everything.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Yeah, I'm in the same boat and would love to know how to approach this. I have my gift receipt an opened 360 copy. There's a couple of stores near me with the same copy, does that help/hurt the situation?[/QUOTE]

Just go buy another copy and return it with your old receipt.

I just returned a gifted MW3 and grabbed the regular MGS HD set. I'm not really interested in the artbook, but $40 for three classic games, and hours of gameplay was a good enough deal for me.

For those wondering about which version to get, go with whichever platform you prefer. There really is no benefit to the PS3 imo. A lot of people bring up the pressure sensitive buttons (the face buttons), but those never really worked. Lightly tap square to hold your weapon and press it harder to fire? It feels awkward, all I ever do anyway is unequip the gun via L2 and re-equip with another tap.

So yeah, I have the PS3 version but both version should essentially play the same and be great.

closest store is nearly 100 miles away for the ps3 version, which is the one i really want. The xbox version seems to be in stock but Gamestop's online inventory checker is unreliable.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Thanks guys, I really wanted this but not for 80. Online showed the mall had a copy. I went, the guy said they didnt have any. I said the online site says they did. He went in back and came back with it saying the manager had it on hold but gave permission for it to be sold to me. :whistle2:D so YAY[/QUOTE]

Me too man, I'm a huge Metal Gear nut but didn't wan't to pay $80 for the Limited Edition at the time it was released. Even though I got the standard HD Collection for PS3 on Black Friday, I decided to pick up the last Limited Edition for 360 at my local gamestop with the nice sum of cash I got for Christmas. :D

[quote name='Sharp Katana']closest store is nearly 100 miles away for the ps3 version, which is the one i really want. The xbox version seems to be in stock but Gamestop's online inventory checker is unreliable.[/QUOTE]

Its always been accurate for me. You can also just call the store to see if they have and will hold it.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']For those wondering about which version to get, go with whichever platform you prefer. There really is no benefit to the PS3 imo.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version has "transfarring" (lame word) of save files for those who have PW on PSP, like me... the only benefit of PS3 version I see.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Nice catch, OP. Too bad no store within 100 miles of me has any left in stock![/QUOTE]

What he said

[quote name='Lordd_G']PS3 version has "transfarring" (lame word) of save files for those who have PW on PSP, like me... the only benefit of PS3 version I see.[/QUOTE]

MGS2 and 3 are listed as separate games and therefore have more trophies than the 360 which lumps them together as one game and gives less achievements because of it.

I picked this up as well. They only had the Xbox 360 version, but that is okay with me.

My copy was gutted, but in very good condition. They had the game, and all of its contents, in a drawer behind the counter. I figured that when I got to GameStop I would find the Limited Edition box covered in stickers and with bent corners, but that was not the case.

On a similar note, I did pre-order the Zavvi exclusive Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition that comes with a steelbook case and shirt. I am a sucker for steelbook cases and Metal Gear Solid. I wanted both Limited Editions.

[quote name='WViking']I picked this up as well. They only had the Xbox 360 version, but that is okay with me.

My copy was gutted, but in very good condition. They had the game, and all of its contents, in a drawer behind the counter. I figured that when I got to GameStop I would find the Limited Edition box covered in stickers and with bent corners, but that was not the case.

On a similar note, I did pre-order the Zavvi exclusive Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition that comes with a steelbook case and shirt. I am a sucker for steelbook cases and Metal Gear Solid. I wanted both Limited Editions.[/QUOTE]

Where did u preorder and how much?

PIcked it up for the 360 and I found little trouble getting used to the controls. I will say that despite it's somewhat antiquated graphics and gameplay mechanics, MGS2 is still a lot of fun to play!

I pre-ordered it from Zavvi.com. Just search for "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: PS3 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) [PS3]"

My total was $112 after shipping. I live in the US so shipping was not free. The game comes out February 3. This version is on eBay currently for a buy it now price of $250.

There are only 10,000 of these being printed supposedly, 6,000 PS3 copies and 4,000 Xbox 360 copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WViking']I pre-ordered it from Zavvi.com. Just search for "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: PS3 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) [PS3]"

My total was $92 after shipping. I live in the US so shipping was not free. The game comes out February 3. This version is on eBay currently for a buy it now price of $250.

There are only 10,000 of these being printed supposedly, 6,000 PS3 copies and 4,000 Xbox 360 copies.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, I collect videogame steelbooks, but I unfortunately can't drop the coin on that at the moment. I got the one from this thread just because I have so much credit at Gamestop.

[quote name='WViking']I pre-ordered it from Zavvi.com. Just search for "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: PS3 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) [PS3]"

My total was $92 after shipping. I live in the US so shipping was not free. The game comes out February 3. This version is on eBay currently for a buy it now price of $250.

There are only 10,000 of these being printed supposedly, 6,000 PS3 copies and 4,000 Xbox 360 copies.[/QUOTE]

Will the UK version play on the 360?

[quote name='js1']Will the UK version play on the 360?[/QUOTE]

You may want to double check, but the 360 is for the most part region locked. PS3 is completely region free.

From what I read, the Xbox 360 version of the Zavvi exclusive collection will NOT play on an American Xbox 360. However, the PS3 version WILL play on American PS3s.

I will probably keep my Zavvi version sealed since I already have the regular edition of the HD Collection. Who knows though, it will be hard to resist opening the box to check out that steelbook in person. :D

155895_detail_v3.jpg

Not sure if the price was ever different than 69.99 GBP or this guy thinks it's the Euro, but it's actually around $111 right now.

[quote name='Stele']Not sure if the price was ever different than 69.99 GBP or this guy thinks it's the Euro, but it's actually around $111 right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for correcting me. I chose the wrong symbol on my currency calculator. My bad.

I think the price has never changed iirc. I'm skeptical this will be worth that much more than the US version since people have bought up the US version by now so I wonder if its going to take awhile before the UK version sells out. I'm still on the fence to order the zaavi one. Thats a lot for this LE. Steelbook included.

bread's done
Back