Metal Gear Solid HD Collection:(Zavvi Exclusive) 69.99 pounds

[quote name='GUNNM']your call I would be annoyed if I payed $150 and it came with even a small dent[/QUOTE]

Ditto, for me yours is completely unacceptable! It seems worse than mine and I sent it back. I paid with flawless money, so I want something of the same quality :roll:

[quote name='SPVietBoy']RAH. idk. how limited is this anyway? would it be possible to get another copy or nah?[/QUOTE]

That's what worries me. From the way they replied to my email, it seemed like getting a replacement wouldn't be a problem. I wonder if they kept some copies just in case of shipping damage/loss.

I'm freaking out here -- seems like no one got theirs in acceptable condition. Still waiting for my 1/31 shipment, which I'm almost 100% sure to return to sender at this rate.

This is a complete scam if they expect everyone to pay for shipping. WTF is with these blue bags?? I wish I could have cancelled this order in time.

I mean, I don't like the way it was shipped, but if it's going to be hard to get my hands on again, fuck a few dents in the box. It's not as bad as some whose box was completely crushed or destroyed.

Finally got my copy today, PS3 version, it came in a blue bag as the first picture posted by SPVietyBoy. My copy is much better than his though, I think I got lucky, pretty mint to me, almost flawless. Oh, look into the box, there's a copy of MGS4 platinum, I almost throw it away....

What?

I left a comment in their zavvi enquiries page on Facebook. Everybody that had shipping issues should do the same. Let's them hear our complaints!

I'd be ok with the damaged box if all the contents were in tiptop shape. did anyone receive a damaged steelbook and artbook?

[quote name='jeffx']anybody else still has NOT gotten theirs? I'm in Canada and it's been 25 business days.[/QUOTE]

I received mine over the weekend (3/2) and it shipped 1/31.

[quote name='barrit']I received mine over the weekend (3/2) and it shipped 1/31.[/QUOTE]

What do you guys think is the likelihood that this thing ever drops to around 50 pounds or so? Really want the steelbook and I actually don't own a copy of MGS4 yet. Would probably be able to sell off one of my US Limited Editions to pay for it by itself, but I don't want to bite too early. Is there any way to check Zavvi's stock?

EDIT: Just realized MGS4 isn't included any more. Also, these games probably wouldn't have trophy support without a PAL account correct? Don't really care too much about achievements/trophies but always wondered about this

[quote name='AFC']What do you guys think is the likelihood that this thing ever drops to around 50 pounds or so? Really want the steelbook and I actually don't own a copy of MGS4 yet. Would probably be able to sell off one of my US Limited Editions to pay for it by itself, but I don't want to bite too early. Is there any way to check Zavvi's stock?

EDIT: Just realized MGS4 isn't included any more. Also, these games probably wouldn't have trophy support without a PAL account correct? Don't really care too much about achievements/trophies but always wondered about this[/QUOTE]

MGS4 was never included with the set, it was a bonus for those who preordered during the original 4000 run (some bonus... :roll:).

All PS3 games can accumulate trophies regardless of what type of regional account you have, some games even let you double dip for trophies (ie, you can get trophies in the NA version and then get the same trophies with the PAL version). What isn't compatible is DLC content (though for some games, you can just create the appropriate regional account, download and install the DLC, and then use it fine) and saves for most games, though I know for a fact that Uncharted 2 and FFXIII saves are compatible.

[quote name='jeffx']anybody else still has NOT gotten theirs? I'm in Canada and it's been 25 business days.[/QUOTE]

The volume of packages that go between UK and Canada are likely significantly lower than the volume between the US and UK. There's a good chance your package will be re-routed through the US (meaning from UK to US to Canada). I wouldn't worry too much, packages can take as long as 40 days, usually because of customs.

[quote name='Vinny']MGS4 was never included with the set, it was a bonus for those who preordered during the original 4000 run (some bonus... :roll:).

All PS3 games can accumulate trophies regardless of what type of regional account you have, some games even let you double dip for trophies (ie, you can get trophies in the NA version and then get the same trophies with the PAL version). What isn't compatible is DLC content (though for some games, you can just create the appropriate regional account, download and install the DLC, and then use it fine) and saves for most games, though I know for a fact that Uncharted 2 and FFXIII saves are compatible.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for explaining that bit about the trophies. Now to sit and wait..

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Ehh delete this thread, please?[/QUOTE]

We could only wish bro with all this unnecessary whining

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I've never ordered fro Zavvi before. I preordered several months ago when the buzz was this was going to be extremely rare. Some time between then and the release date I got an e-mail stating I had to provide more documenation of my billing address or the ordered would get backordered and eventually cancelled.

When Zavvi screwed around with the edition and contents and decided they were going to produce more I figured I wouldn't bother updating my information and I'd let the order get cancelled.

Well today I got an e-mail stating my order shipped...

How can they do this?

I got stuck paying full price (they wouldn't apply the coupon code that was floating around earlier and that was another reason I was just going to let the order cancel) and seeing other peoples experiences I know I'll end up getting a damaged copy.

Do they accept returns?

I don't import games... so I really have no idea how this works

[quote name='rhymetimesfine']FWIW, the price has dropped to £64.95[/QUOTE]
It was actually down to £59.95 sometime in the middle of last week, lol. Part of their "Price Crash" Monday sale, I think?

[quote name='GBAstar']Hi guys,

I've never ordered fro Zavvi before. I preordered several months ago when the buzz was this was going to be extremely rare. Some time between then and the release date I got an e-mail stating I had to provide more documenation of my billing address or the ordered would get backordered and eventually cancelled.

When Zavvi screwed around with the edition and contents and decided they were going to produce more I figured I wouldn't bother updating my information and I'd let the order get cancelled.

Well today I got an e-mail stating my order shipped...

How can they do this?

I got stuck paying full price (they wouldn't apply the coupon code that was floating around earlier and that was another reason I was just going to let the order cancel) and seeing other peoples experiences I know I'll end up getting a damaged copy.

Do they accept returns?

I don't import games... so I really have no idea how this works[/QUOTE]

Their website says they accept returns, but there are conditions. You also need to pay for return postage yourself, and they will reimburse you the cost afterwards...

I'm still waiting to hear back about getting my return postage reimbursed...

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']It was actually down to £59.95 sometime in the middle of last week, lol. Part of their "Price Crash" Monday sale, I think?

Their website says they accept returns, but there are conditions. You also need to pay for return postage yourself, and they will reimburse you the cost afterwards...

I'm still waiting to hear back about getting my return postage reimbursed...[/QUOTE]

They have shipped my replacement about a week ago, but I haven't contacted them about my refund for the shipping I paid.

WOW... I must have been drunk when I placed my order...

After the conversion my PayPal was billed $214.26 for two PS3 copies. Does that sound right?

[quote name='GBAstar']WOW... I must have been drunk when I placed my order...

After the conversion my PayPal was billed $214.26 for two PS3 copies. Does that sound right?[/QUOTE]
GBP 64.95 x 2 = GBP 129.90 + GBP 0.99 = GBP 130.89 ~ $211.45+ foreign fees.

Well I was pretty lucky that my credit card expiration date lapsed giving me the chance to cancel instead of going through with it

Got my return shipping finally refunded to my credit card. You just need to message their CS through their message center multiple times if the [email protected] guys don't respond to your emails. :roll:

Now to wait for my replacement to arrive… which they don't have a tracking number for… and hope that it arrives with better packaging...

Thanks Raging Storm. It's been 30 days on my end so I expect a full refund. Not sure I will ever order there again.

It's been nearly 35 business days and still nothing. Completely unacceptable. enquiries @ zavvi.com is ignoring all of my emails for refund.

[quote name='jeffx']It's been nearly 35 business days and still nothing. Completely unacceptable. enquiries @ zavvi.com is ignoring all of my emails for refund.[/QUOTE]

I preordered mine on December 18th. Mine still hasn't arrived either.

I Just received mine..... awful condition; my copies are completely flattened. This will most likely ruin my experiencing with importing--or at least ordering from Zavvi. These were shipping a box but it was like single ply carboard and it was way to large with nearly no packing material.

How is the best way to initiate a return? I don't even want to mess around with waiting for a replacement

I received mine last week as well (preordered it december). Awful condition as well, haven't contacted them yet and will probably do a return as well.

[quote name='backseatdog']I received mine last week as well (preordered it december). Awful condition as well, haven't contacted them yet and will probably do a return as well.[/QUOTE]

The messed up thing is that I placed my order as soon as this thread was created... shortly after placing an order I received this message from Zavvi:

Hi

Thank you for placing your order with us. For security purposes and as part of our ongoing customer care we would like to verify your details.

To enable us to proceed with your order can you please send evidence of your billing address, this can be in the form of a utility bill or credit/debit card statement.

Confirmation of your address can be either faxed to us on +44 845 862 1118 or emailed to [email protected] or even posted, to us at the address below. Please ensure your name and address is clearly legible and any other sensitive data is hidden.

Please include your order number, so we will be able to resolve this quicker for you.

zavvi.com
Meridian House
Gadbrook Way
Gadbrook Park
Rudheath
Northwich
CW9 7RA

If you have any queries you can contact me on 0844 801 0311 , and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards
Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on the fence and wasn't sure if I really wanted to invest that type of money in this so I never responded as I asummed they couldn't process my order without the information.

Fast forward to early march and I got an e-mail my order shipped. I was surprised they just shipped it when I never provided the information they wanted (address/billing confirmation).

I was a little worried about the stories I had read regarding other peoples items being damaged but I hoped I'd luck out...

Needless to say I didn't. I think I could honestly step on either one of my copies and you wouldn't be able to notice any additional damage from how they arrived.

Very disappointing experience; it's as if they cut every expense possible in order to get these here as cheaply as they could. I buy and sell internationally alot, although never with Zavvi, and have not once had this type of problem.

sux to hear the ce shipping is so bad. all my vanilla games have arrived perfect. had preordered the risen 2 se but not so sure now. a shame too because the se is so cool..

Zaavi indirectly screwed me into selling off my MGS LE since this one is better but the shipping problems make it not worth the hassle. Their facility fulfillment process is an absolute joke.

[quote name='Donut2922']Zaavi indirectly screwed me into selling off my MGS LE since this one is better but the shipping problems make it not worth the hassle. Their facility fulfillment process is an absolute joke.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I also sold my MGS LE because I thought I would be "upgrading". I'll chalk this one up as just unlucky.

I may be cheap, but I decided not to return my 2 copies. I waited too long and now I'm afraid they'll reject the return, and I'll be out even MORE money. I just don't have the energy to deal with an international return + having to deal with Zavvi's crappy customer service.

Fortunately, my copies are just totally dented in and don't look entirely destroyed (but I haven't opened either to check because I want to keep one sealed). So, I'll open the most-destroyed copy and if it's in good shape internally, I'll keep it and sell off my better copy. And finally be done with this mess.

I just wanted a smaller package than the US MGS LE Collection already on my shelf, but this ended up being even bigger. :\

Anyone know how long it takes for Zavvi to respond through the message center? Their FAQ says 24 hours but it's been about three days since I contacted them regarding my return.

I buy and sell regularly through eBay with buyers and sellers in the UK and have never had a problem like this with items being so poorly packaged.

I received a message back from Zavvi stating that I've got the okay to return the game.

Has anyone else returned theirs? How long did it take to get the refund and how long did it take to get a postage refund?

Do they require it get mailed a certain way? the box is going to weigh more then 4lbs so I have to mail it by either Priority International or Express International and I think based on experience it is going to run me at least $60USD to get these returned.

Should I take pictures of the damage to the items or the original shipping boxes (the ones Zavvi used?)

I've never done business with Zavvi before and although I know they are reputable I'd have to be in a worse case scenario where I shelled out a couple hundred for these and then returned them because they're damage only to get stiffed the return money and return postage and be out the item.

Thanks for this thread guys, I was *this* close from importing this from Zavvi. In the end decided not to, the new stock is totally all the returned copies of the game.

Has anyone ordered this lately? I'm tempted to pick one up since it's this cheap but after reading about the poor packaging job, I'm not so sure. Btw, are you guys paying to ship it back or is Zavvi covering it?

Usually how long does it take you guys to get your order? This is to the U.S by the way, I'm trying to get an idea. My order with them has been over 15 days (11 business days) since they sent out the dispatch email.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']Has anyone ordered this lately? I'm tempted to pick one up since it's this cheap but after reading about the poor packaging job, I'm not so sure. Btw, are you guys paying to ship it back or is Zavvi covering it?[/QUOTE]

I think they charge a £1 fee for international shipping. If you feel like getting it, PM me and I can give you a 10% off code they sent me.

[quote name='FlippyMcSlickdeal']FYI - i purchased it when it hit $54 and they shipped in a 18 x 24 inch brown box with air pillows. mint.

total win[/QUOTE]

Congrats, you're one of the very few and very lucky.

It's funny how those of us who ordered this early got screwed over with shitty packaging and such a higher price... I guess Zavvi did eventually make it right for me for their fuck up after a ton of messages. I never could bring myself to re-order it since I feared I'd get a damaged return and then have to go through that shit again but it's too late now since the PS3 version is sold out.

bread's done
Back