Metal Gear Solid HD Collection:(Zavvi Exclusive) 69.99 pounds

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm not saying I do it, not quite that big of a dick lol, but I have a buddy that makes a small fortune getting stuff from the UK and saying it didn't arrive. He's been doing it for over a year, and no post office or USPS worker has ever given two shits. The Customs from just means it came into the country. That isn't nearly enough to prove where it ended up and who received it.[/QUOTE]

The post office and workers do not care about your dirtbag fraudster friend, but the US postal inspection police cares:
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

They log every bogus complaint your dick friend has made and will eventually file charges. Customs forms log way more than just arrival in the country. You sound as ignorant as your "friend".

That's good to know. I'm curious if anything happens haha

As an additional bit of info though, all of his claims have gone through Royal Mail, to my knowledge. I don't think any of us can say with any certainty that will have a whole lot, if anything, to do with the USPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']That's good to know. I'm curious if anything happens haha

As an additional bit of info though, all of his claims have gone through Royal Mail, to my knowledge. I don't think any of us can say with any certainty that will have a whole lot, if anything, to do with the USPS.[/QUOTE]

Royal mail delivers via USPS and reports these claims to US postal inspection police. I can't wait until your stupid little "friend" gets charged with federal mail fraud.

I'm curious to see what happens as well. I would appreciate the removal of the quotes around friend though. While yes, it does ooze smart-assery, it's really quite uncalled for.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Royal mail delivers via USPS and reports these claims to US postal inspection police. I can't wait until your stupid little "friend" gets charged with federal mail fraud.[/QUOTE]

You can't wait? You sir, are the douche.

[quote name='KtMack23']You can't wait? You sir, are the douche.[/QUOTE]

Fact: His friend is the douche, and you're the douche for not wanting a criminal to get caught.

[quote name='Donut2922']Whats with people jumping all over Zaku? Friend or not give the dude the benefit of the doubt.[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt here. He purposely admits to stealing "a small fortune" as his friend has stated.

[quote name='Zaku77']I also used to work with a guy who sold pot. Does that also make me a bad guy? lol[/QUOTE]

You're really started to ask for it. I'm about to send you to time out!

[quote name='iamthekiller']There is no doubt here. He purposely admits to stealing "a small fortune" as his friend has stated.[/QUOTE]

Right but lets clarify here. He didnt say he was the one. It was his friend.

I don't think iamthekiller has ever worked at a fast food joint. You really do meet the most interesting variety of people :3 lol

Took a chance and ordered 2 for a little under $200 for both. Got a tracking number in the email confirmation which did not happen when I ordered Deus Ex from them last time.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']where is my damn package!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same myself. I ordered 2 at the same time, I got 1 copy in this past Tuesday, but not the other. Kind of weird since I figured it would've been cheaper for them to ship both simultaneously (I ordered 2 PS3 copies).

[quote name='iamthekiller']Fact: His friend is the douche, and you're the douche for not wanting a criminal to get caught.[/QUOTE]

Do we want all the people who pirate music to get slapped with huge fines?? Should we lock up all the rappers for smoking weed?? Do I ask too many stupid questions??

[quote name='KtMack23']Do we want all the people who pirate music to get slapped with huge fines?? Should we lock up all the rappers for smoking weed?? Do I ask too many stupid questions??[/QUOTE]

pretty ignorant to compare those things to mail fraud.:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='needler420']pretty ignorant to compare those things to mail fraud.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Here+you+go+_13acb23c760a88a5fd38ae02ba10bdf9.jpg

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Just got mine today and it's in perfect condition.

/wipes sweat off brow[/QUOTE]

How was yours shipped?

My PS3 version was shipped in a box that was too small. The box was in a square-ish shape, the item is more rectangular.. so they deformed the box to fix the item, basically meaning the box (which was already made out of marshmallow tough cardboard) basically had no structural support.

My 360 version had perfect corners/edges but the front is caved in... it has shipped in a box that was in near perfect shape as the item. Had they decided NOT to put bubble wrap on the sides of the box (meaning the front of the item), it would have probably arrived in perfect shape.

[quote name='Vinny']How was yours shipped?

My PS3 version was shipped in a box that was too small. The box was in a square-ish shape, the item is more rectangular.. so they deformed the box to fix the item, basically meaning the box (which was already made out of marshmallow tough cardboard) basically had no structural support.

My 360 version had perfect corners/edges but the front is caved in... it has shipped in a box that was in near perfect shape as the item. Had they decided NOT to put bubble wrap on the sides of the box (meaning the front of the item), it would have probably arrived in perfect shape.[/QUOTE]

Mine got the blue sack treatment. The box inside the sack was only slightly thicker than the actual game box, but it was taller and wider by good margin. And it was stuffed with air pillows for cushioning.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Mine got the blue sack treatment. The box inside the sack was only slightly thicker than the actual game box, but it was taller and wider by good margin. And it was stuffed with air pillows for cushioning.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived today the same way. Good thing they used a lot of air pillows because the box was pretty sorry looking. I was expecting the worst but it was okay.

Just got this thing yesterday. Christ. Worst packing job ever. Loose cardboard box with air pillows, thrown in a big blue sack. First time I ever had a problem with zavvi. Oh well, I'm trying to cut back a lot, so no more international crap for me anyway.

Still waiting for mine to show up. But after reading the horror stories in this thread, I think I would prefer that it did not get delivered so I can get a refund.

Mine got the blue vinyl bag treatment, and definitely did not come through in mint condition. I was really hoping to not have to deal with the returns process - I was hesitant to order this in the first place, guess I should have paid attention to my first instinct.

Vg9Kz.jpg

lzsEI.jpg

qQFT7

Are you saying the outer box isn't mint or the inner contents as well? If it's just the former, I don't think the outer box of CEs is ever meant.

[quote name='Stele']Are you saying the outer box isn't mint or the inner contents as well? If it's just the former, I don't think the outer box of CEs is ever meant.[/QUOTE]
I would agree with you but $120 is a lot

[quote name='Stele']Are you saying the outer box isn't mint or the inner contents as well? If it's just the former, I don't think the outer box of CEs is ever meant.[/QUOTE]

A bit dented I could live with, but at $120 and completely caved in on one side because they couldn't be bothered to properly package the game, I'm not even going to open it to inspect the contents.

[quote name='sengar']A bit dented I could live with, but at $120 and completely caved in on one side because they couldn't be bothered to properly package the game, I'm not even going to open it to inspect the contents.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more - I got my blue vinyl bag in today. It's like they tried to send these out damaged. For 120, this is just an awful way to pack a product - if it was Best Buy or Gamestop, there would be anarchy on the boards.

The fact their return process calls for you to send it to them paying postage up front is ridiculous.

[quote name='no_exit']Still waiting for mine to show up. But after reading the horror stories in this thread, I think I would prefer that it did not get delivered so I can get a refund.[/QUOTE]

When did yours ship? I'm still waiting for mine also. Mine shipped on 1/31 along with a separate order. Neither of them have arrived yet. If I receive one and not the other, then I will start to get a little concerned about it being lost in the mail.

I sent them all the information they requested about my two damaged copies and I haven't gotten in response in over 2 days. Great, I just hope they're not trying to duck responsibility here...

Got my second copy in yesterday and holy hell, is the box beat up. My first box is in real good condition so I decided to open that one up. The insert "holding" the art book (which is the majority of the weight) was completed damaged so the book was jiggling around inside. On 2 pages of the art book there was a very, very, very small crease in the corner, but was able to straighten back out with minimal damage.

The other copy I'm going to just try and sell it. It's not even worth holding onto for me considering the condition of the outside box.

[quote name='Vinny']I sent them all the information they requested about my two damaged copies and I haven't gotten in response in over 2 days. Great, I just hope they're not trying to duck responsibility here...[/QUOTE]

It's now been over a week and still no response. To those of you who got a response, how long did it take?

[quote name='Vinny']It's now been over a week and still no response. To those of you who got a response, how long did it take?[/QUOTE]

Less than 24hrs. Try contacting them again.

[quote name='SniperREX']Less than 24hrs. Try contacting them again.[/QUOTE]

I just fired one off. I was giving them a week to respond to email with all details/pictures but a week ended up being a the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday to hear from them.

Man, I hope Chase has a decent chargeback system... I've never had to do one and I don't even know if they cover international orders.

DHL delivered mine and had to try twice. They called the first time because I had my dogs out and they wouldn't get out. So, if you didn't leave a number on TE zavvi acct that may be the issue. Overall, the outer cardboard box was obliterated, held together only by the no longer sticky tape. Internally everything was ok. The artbook had some pages that had dog eared because the shirt was loose and got between I guess.

Hm. I still have yet to receive mine. It was shipped out on Jan 31st. Do you guys think I should file an item not received yet or should I wait a little longer?

[quote name='evophile']Hm. I still have yet to receive mine. It was shipped out on Jan 31st. Do you guys think I should file an item not received yet or should I wait a little longer?[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same situation. I am going to give it to March 1 before contacting them even though I am confident that it is lost.

[quote name='Vinny']They offered me a 15% refund... fuck you Zavvi.[/QUOTE]

Is this a "discount" they gave you when you showed/explained to them the condition the package came in? Or was this after you had sent it back to them?

Finally got my copy today, PS3 version, it came in a blue bag as the first picture posted by SPVietyBoy. My copy is much better than his though, I think I got lucky, pretty mint to me, almost flawless. Oh, look into the box, there's a copy of MGS4 platinum, I almost throw it away....

I'm still waiting on mine. Mine shipped 1/31. This is the first time something from Zavvi has taken so long, but also the first time I have ordered anything bigger than the standard game.

Mine came today as well. Contacted Zavvi last night because I didn't think it would. It came in the same blue sack as everyone else did. The cardboard box inside was crushed and had a pretty big tear on one of the sides. I opened the cardboard box and the packaging itself seemed fine, just a crease on the side.

However, when I opened it up, the tray inside was smashed and the flap on the upper right hand corner was completely torn off. Things looked ok until I opened the artbook and some of the pages are now creased in the lower left hand corner.

I emailed Zavvi asking for a credit. I would've been ok with the dent on the outside, but the inside is bad. We'll see what happens.

bread's done
Back