Metal Gear Solid HD Collection:(Zavvi Exclusive) 69.99 pounds

[quote name='Donut2922']So theres still going to be a difference from the old ultimate edition preorder with the exclusive outer box? Sounds like I missed out. Well damn I guess ill just keep my LE from amazon then.[/QUOTE]

no difference. the preorders from the old Ultimate Edition has been merged with the new preorder.

from Zavvi's blog:
http://blog.zavvi.com/zavvi-news-an...ox-360-and-ps3/comment-page-1/#comment-176340

@ Decado

The original PS3 exclusive edition is no longer available anywhere sadly, so those pre-orders have been changed to pre-orders for this version instead.

And this new edition is exclusive in the UK and Europe only, with (I believe) the remaining lot being available in Australia.

Hope this helps

btw any other codes to use for this order?

Yes it clearly mentions right at the beginning
"If you placed a pre-order for the original PS3 Limited Edition that was announced back in August (and which was unfortunately made unavailable recently) that pre-order will be automatically carried over to secure you a copy of the updated edition."

[quote name='Vinny']Nothing in my spam folder either... unless the MGS Ultimate HD Collection is now called "Penis Extender".

So basically, all that's special about the Ultimate HD preorders is the "outer box", which will likely be a cheap, paper-thin cardboard box that will get destroyed during transit? Wow, thanks Zavvi.:roll:

BTW, are there any pics of the Ultimate HD steelbook (besides the one they showed back when you could preorder it?) or the outer box? The only picture I see is of the current LE on Zavvi's page.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I like the penis extender analogy, it's so true :whistle2:( No picture of this special outer box.

Here's the e-mail to those pre-ordered earlier (I posted in the UK Exclusives thread earlier):

Dear XXX,

Thank you for placing your pre order for Metal Gear Solid HD Ultimate Edition with us.

As you may have seen the release date for this title has been moved to 3rd February. The publisher ‘Konami' has also advised of a change to the contents of the Collection.

The new collection will now contain the below items:

•Metal Gear Solid HD Game
•Variant Metal Gear Solid Steel Book
•Exclusive Metal Gear Solid T-Shirt
•Exclusive 250 Page Premium Art Book showcasing the Artwork of Yoshi Shinkawa

To avoid confusion the new version of Metal Gear Solid HD will be packaged in an exclusive outer case.

In addition to the new collections edition you have already pre-ordered, you will also receive a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons of the Patriots (Platinum). This offer is only available to customers who pre-ordered the originally advertised version.

You do not need to do anything, we have updated your order which will now include the new ultimate collection which you can find here.

We will send you the new version at no extra cost, payment will not be taken until your order is despatched.

We hope that once this item arrives that you are really happy with the contents. If there is anything we can help you with please log onto your account and send us a message through the message centre.

Many Thanks
The Zavvi Team

[quote name='Serpentor']:lol: I like the penis extender analogy, it's so true :whistle2:( No picture of this special outer box.

Here's the e-mail to those pre-ordered earlier (I posted in the UK Exclusives thread earlier):[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm misreading it you're not getting anything exclusive for preordering the original collection except a platinum (greatest hits?) version of MGS4.

Where did all this talk about an exclusive case or what not come from?

With Christmas shopping, I need to REALLY conserve my money. I read earlier they don't charge until it ships, but will there be a pending charge or anything (for the people who have ordered)?

[quote name='GBAstar']Unless I'm misreading it you're not getting anything exclusive for preordering the original collection except a platinum (greatest hits?) version of MGS4.

Where did all this talk about an exclusive case or what not come from?[/QUOTE]
Maybe, he's talking about the big size that holds everything in it as a exclusive outer case.

155895_detail_v3.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Maybe, he's talking about the big size that holds everything in it as a exclusive outer case.

155895_detail_v3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Except I take:

To avoid confusion the new version of Metal Gear Solid HD will be packaged in an exclusive outer case.

^That means to me, if anything, only the NEW preorders (as in starting recently) will come in the case. It could mean that all will come in the case but I in NO WAY take it as only the early preorders will come in a new case.

I honestly don't see anything at this time that makes me believe the original orders are going to be any more rare or valuable as it doesn't appear that their is anything yet to distinguish the two except for perhaps personal knowledge.

[quote name='backseatdog']So what happens to all those people who paid $400+ for these on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Probably just cry? I don't know, I guess that's part of the risk with bidding on a pre-order so far in advance.. or so far in advance now that they've moved the date.

If it were me though, I'd just try to get a refund from the seller, especially since the contents of the item have been changed and the item hasn't been shipped.

[quote name='backseatdog']So what happens to all those people who paid $400+ for these on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Refund! Lol

It would be greatly entertaining if there was a way to find out...

[quote name='barrit']Probably just cry? I don't know, I guess that's part of the risk with bidding on a pre-order so far in advance.. or so far in advance now that they've moved the date.

If it were me though, I'd just try to get a refund from the seller, especially since the contents of the item have been changed and the item hasn't been shipped.[/QUOTE]

The best bet is to complain about the change in shipping date and get a refund based on that (say it's for a person's birthday or something). Buyers have all the power on ebay - it shouldn't be hard when nothing "real" has changed hands.

[quote name='Serpentor']:lol: I like the penis extender analogy, it's so true :whistle2:( No picture of this special outer box.

Here's the e-mail to those pre-ordered earlier (I posted in the UK Exclusives thread earlier):[/QUOTE]

Based on that email, it's highlighting that you get a free copy of a MGS4 platinum which I'm assuming would be a separate item from the C.E. So it doesn't seem to me that the original preorder of this is gonna be any more special than the new ones?

Thanks!:D

And as others have pointed out... the email clearly says that only the new orders are the ones getting the special box that will hold everything together. Those who preordered the original will only get this? So really, the new orders get an exclusive box and we get something you can find in bargain bins (or that most of already have)... way to dick us over Zavvi.:whistle2:?

[quote name='Vinny']Thanks!:D

And as others have pointed out... the email clearly says that only the new orders are the ones getting the special box that will hold everything together. Those who preordered the original will only get this? So really, the new orders get an exclusive box and we get something you can find in bargain bins (or that most of already have)... way to dick us over Zavvi.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

It's a preorder. Can't you just cancel and reorder the new preorder? (Say that three times fast ...) That's why it is silly if they are really not providing the box to everyone.

I think all of the pre-orders, including the first batch ones, will have the outer box. What I got from the "new version of the MGS collection" was the version with the t-shirt and artbook, and not the older version with the art cards and MGS1.

Everyone will get the version with the shirt, therefore we will all get the outer box too.

So no worries! ^.^

interesting... apparently i had preordered a copy of MGS HD Collection (Zavvi Exclusive) but I didnt get the email someone someone posted above, just a different email, I assume that means I had a regular limited collection (the one that was exclusive to zavvi)? oh well, w/e. so this is delayed to feb... i'll keep my preorder for now

Pre-Ordered the p3 edition along with dodonpachi resurrection for 360. Does anyone know if the 360 version is region locked?

[quote name='darksurtur']It's a preorder. Can't you just cancel and reorder the new preorder? (Say that three times fast ...) That's why it is silly if they are really not providing the box to everyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm more or less pissed because they (either Zavvi or Konami, probably both) changed what was supposed to be a one time, ultra limited item (which now has twice the production numbers, granted still very limited) and they took away exclusives from the "old" preorder and replaced it with an artbook that is likely the exact same as the US version and shirt that will probably be made sized for elephants.

Sure the "old" preorders don't lose anything but their idea of making it up to us is to by giving us something less exclusive (a game that anyone can buy and in the ugly UK platinum packing too) than the new preorders (who get a custom box to hold everything).

Plus, I used up a promo code on my first order... so I'll actually be paying about $10 more for the new one.:bomb:

[quote name='Animekatt']I think all of the pre-orders, including the first batch ones, will have the outer box. What I got from the "new version of the MGS collection" was the version with the t-shirt and artbook, and not the older version with the art cards and MGS1.

Everyone will get the version with the shirt, therefore we will all get the outer box too.

So no worries! ^.^[/QUOTE]

Even if that's the case, it's still shady that they just changed and double production numbers without notifying those who preordered the old version (I see there's at least one other person who didn't get the email). And our only claim to being the "old" preorder is nothing special..:whistle2:/

Yeah, I'm bitching about something minor... so what?! I want to be 1 of 4000, not 1 of 8000!!:lol:

Sorry about this noob question, but when I'm filling out the delivery address form there are 2 required lines for the "address", 1 required line for "postal code", plus a country drop-down selector. Do I still fill it out like a regular US address? i.e.,

Address Line 1: Street_Number Street_Name
Address Line 2: City, State, Zip_Code
Postal Code Line: Zip_Code_Again?
Drop-Down: USA

Or do I leave out the Zip_Code in Address Line 2?

Also, has anyone used PayPal to pay before? (I'm worried that PayPal will put a "hold" on my funds for 3 months…it's happened before at other retailers)

Finally, will there be additional charges for VAT/customs? (a variety of answers for orders ranging between $100 - $250 would be nice.)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
8,000 of this worldwide... Seems like a small amount. I figure I'll get two - the least I can do is break even on eBay. And yes, I'm buying this solely to resell.

edit-- So there's less of the 360 version! Does that mean it's technically rarer? Hah.

[quote name='Crimsonfatale']everytime i try to check out there it doesnt work the server is busy or something help?[/QUOTE]

I got the server time-out message when I tried to use PayPal to pay, but using my CC info worked fine.

Anyone manage to get PayPal to work at all? I think I remember Zavvi having an issue with accepting PayPal payments, but this was at least several months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jdklaffke']8,000 of this worldwide... Seems like a small amount. I figure I'll get two - the least I can do is break even on eBay. And yes, I'm buying this solely to resell.

edit-- So there's less of the 360 version! Does that mean it's technically rarer? Hah.[/QUOTE]
I'm only ensuring that both of our posts get deleted, but personally I wont be doing this though I normally might. Seems a little too risky imo. I just wouldnt want to order and end up with a crushed box or some buyer deciding to want a refund because of any confusion with regards to the different versions. As you said though regardless you should at least make your money back I imagine.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm sure 360 version must've getting smaller amount. So yeah, it's technically rarer.[/QUOTE]

Rarer yes, but the demand for the PS3 version is much higher since the MGS franchise started off from the PS1 and PS2 era. For nostalgic reasons, people will stick to the PS3 version.

I agree that those of us pre-ordered early got snubbed, I want the art cards damn it! And the outer box is not special, regardless when you pre-order, you'll get the same package. The ONLY difference is the MGS 4 platinum copy of the game, free of charge for the earlier pre-orders (but who cares, that's a lame freebie, even a future coupon or a small discount for the foul up is better than this).

However, price and content wise, the UK's Zavvi version is slightly better than US's LE. You get the steelbook and t-shirt!

Still not sold out on preorders yet. Are those numbers in quantities just lies or are they gonna take all preorders and cancel the surplus orders later?

usually the games for xbox 360 are not region free so when importing, i buy the ps3 version if possible.

anyone know if the xbox version is region locked?

I don't think there is anyway to know until it comes out. I do know that Namco and EA usually region lock, but even that isn't a guarantee. Of my like 15 imported 360 games only a couple (the EA/Namco ones) have been locked. I would recommend you find out if other Konami games are region locked. I hope that helps.

Interest seems low because of the delayed release, there's still just under 2 months to go. At least they give us the number of copies they're producing unlike so many LEs these days which seem to number in hundreds of thousands from the stock still available months after release dates.

I think the steelbook should keep the package pretty safe during transit. But that is something I considered when buying. I can still cancel the preorder if I think it's too risky and could come to Indiana with dents and rips.

[quote name='remag']Still not sold out on preorders yet. Are those numbers in quantities just lies or are they gonna take all preorders and cancel the surplus orders later?[/QUOTE]
Considering the US version is already released and there's a LE here in the US as well (pretty hard to find one though), this pre-order is going to take some times... The first batch was sold out due to 4K quantity, the game hasn't been released yet and the description is different.

I wonder if these will fetch a good price. I'm half tempted to get a 3rd one to sell. 8,000 is a pretty damn limited run after all.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']10% off promo code seem to be working for pre-orders. :D

Use the code:

Max discount is 15 pounds.[/QUOTE]

Where is the code?

Apparently they decided they don't want to ship this to my PO Box like they have everything else I have ever ordered from them? I had to reorder both. Oh well.

[quote name='Zaku77']Apparently they decided they don't want to ship this to my PO Box like they have everything else I have ever ordered from them? I had to reorder both. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it would fit in the PO box, it's massive.

Still going to take awhile for this to go rare. It hurt that the US version was released months ago so I've held off on ordering one.

[quote name='Finch106']I doubt it would fit in the PO box, it's massive.[/QUOTE]

Many packages don't fit in PO boxes. The post office puts a slip in the box and you go grab it from behind the counter. That has nothing to do with it lol

Yay, my PS3 order shipped. Now I can get rid of the US LE behemoth taking up 3-4 games-worth of space.

The second I opened the box on the US LE, I decided I needed the EU version (then, going for $300+) because space is a premium around here. The EU re-release for ~$110 was a must-buy for me.

[quote name='Gamelore']Yay, my PS3 order shipped. Now I can get rid of the US LE behemoth taking up 3-4 games-worth of space.

The second I opened the box on the US LE, I decided I needed the EU version (then, going for $300+) because space is a premium around here. The EU re-release for ~$110 was a must-buy for me.[/QUOTE]

judging from unboxing videos and photos i've seen, the EU ver. is bigger than the US LE.

bread's done
Back