Metal Gear Solid HD Collection:(Zavvi Exclusive) 69.99 pounds

Are these sold out?

I placed an order about four months ago but never got the e-mail stating I needed to verify my credit card information by sending them a fax or uploading the information.

When I checked the order it was there but hasn't processed.

If it's not out of stock and that coupon code was working I was thinkign about cancelling and reordering.

If it's out of stock I'm going to see what I need to do for it to process so they can ship my original order.

Did they up the production on this? I thought it was originally really limited

[quote name='GBAstar']Are these sold out?

I placed an order about four months ago but never got the e-mail stating I needed to verify my credit card information by sending them a fax or uploading the information.

When I checked the order it was there but hasn't processed.

If it's not out of stock and that coupon code was working I was thinkign about cancelling and reordering.

If it's out of stock I'm going to see what I need to do for it to process so they can ship my original order.

Did they up the production on this? I thought it was originally really limited[/QUOTE]

Both are still available for preorder... which is odd since it's already out. And yes, they upped the numbers on this... twice.

Originally: 4000 PS3 only.
Then: 6000 on the PS3 and 2000 on the 360.
After that: 8000 on the PS3 and 5000 on the 360.

I wonder if they're bullshitting us about it being limited... when it was first revealed, it sold out within 2 days. But after the expanded quantity, it's hasn't gone OoS and is still available. I still feel dicked over... I had the orignal pre-order and to make up for it, they're sending us a GH copy of MGS4... whoopty-fucking-do.

[quote name='Vinny']Both are still available for preorder... which is odd since it's already out. And yes, they upped the numbers on this... twice.

Originally: 4000 PS3 only.
Then: 6000 on the PS3 and 2000 on the 360.
After that: 8000 on the PS3 and 5000 on the 360.

I wonder if they're bullshitting us about it being limited... when it was first revealed, it sold out within 2 days. But after the expanded quantity, it's hasn't gone OoS and is still available. I still feel dicked over... I had the orignal pre-order and to make up for it, they're sending us a GH copy of MGS4... whoopty-fucking-do.[/QUOTE]

i agree, i won't be ordering from zavvi again...

It's not zavvi's fault. I'm sure Konami of Europe is the one making these decisions. Even if zavvi does have some hand in it, that's not a very good reason to not use them.

[quote name='Zaku77']It's not zavvi's fault. I'm sure Konami of Europe is the one making these decisions. Even if zavvi does have some hand in it, that's not a very good reason to not use them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what they said... but lets assume it was their fault, do you think they'd admit it? Probably not.

On the other hand, Konami isn't exactly angelical in regards to limited quantity fiascos. Like the MGS4 PS3... it was priced at like $700 and released in small quantities over a few days and a month or two later, they discounted it to $400 (and made it available to Amazon) and cleared it out.

I'm not going to say Zavvi lost my business forever. They're still my #1 source for UK imports. I just feel dicked over about this one purchase. I've had otherwise exceptional experiences with Zavvi.

Way over priced, but still awesome. How does the US always miss out on awesome MGS exclusives? Even MGS1 got an awesome collectors pack in JP :(

[quote name='Zaku77']Many packages don't fit in PO boxes. The post office puts a slip in the box and you go grab it from behind the counter. That has nothing to do with it lol[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how it works lol. I apologize.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Looks damn nice!!
The outer box itself is awesome & I am happy that the T-Shirt is not some oversized junk. All of them are medium size\\:D/[/QUOTE]

medium size shirts? damn i wear xl , oh well

I've read horror stories from unboxing videos on YT about how Zavvi shipped these in plastic bags... people were not very happy about that.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I've read horror stories from unboxing videos on YT about how Zavvi shipped these in plastic bags... people were not very happy about that.[/QUOTE]
Whoever shipped them sucks. They all got shipped in the same type of box that was too small for the package.

i've seen some pics and unboxing vids too and they are unbelievable, they're shipping them in small boxes and black bags that offer zero protection. take a look over at collectorsedition.com

[quote name='Jdklaffke']I think the steelbook should keep the package pretty safe during transit. But that is something I considered when buying. I can still cancel the preorder if I think it's too risky and could come to Indiana with dents and rips.[/QUOTE]

Called it.

Zavvi is kind of notorious for that. That's why I ended up ordering two of them. I do this almost all the time with UK CE orders from Zavvi now. If you order a couple items they usually ship in a box.

Same here, I ordered 2 because of that too, but not so they'd ship them in a box. Instead, so I could keep the better one and sell the other at a loss.

If they don't use a box, this sounds worse than I was expecting. Now I'm worried!

[quote name='havuk']i've seen some pics and unboxing vids too and they are unbelievable, they're shipping them in small boxes and black bags that offer zero protection. take a look over at collectorsedition.com[/QUOTE]

collectorsedition.org not com

yesterday, i got the xbox 360 boxset in perfect condition. it come with a sturdy box bigger than the boxset stack of 2. now i'm waiting for the ps3.

[quote name='veronesepk']Ouch! I paid on a credit card - you can stop the charges if it's all damaged, right?[/QUOTE]

In a case like this, you can only do a chargeback if the retailer refuses to accept the return or exchange it. But seeing as how this is an international purchase, I doubt it's the same rules...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']yesterday, i got the xbox 360 boxset in perfect condition. it come with a sturdy box bigger than the boxset stack of 2. now i'm waiting for the ps3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']yesterday, i got the xbox 360 boxset in perfect condition. it come with a sturdy box bigger than the boxset stack of 2. now i'm waiting for the ps3.[/QUOTE]

Most people who've had damaged copies seem to be ones who had their shipped in a bag. Guess some of them are making it out in boxes then... so there's hope for mine yet.

PS3 :D
106lc1d.jpg

xbfmzc.jpg

op0niv.jpg

2ptsaww.jpg

rlajjc.jpg

15z2osn.jpg

21nirki.jpg

2ceji1v.jpg

166ab5x.jpg

Got my 2 copies of PS3 version. They came packaged side by side in a large flat box. One got badly damaged the other is in perfect shape. I guess I should be glad at leat one came ok.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Got my 2 copies of PS3 version. They came packaged side by side in a large flat box. One got badly damaged the other is in perfect shape. I guess I should be glad at leat one came ok.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Man, I'm glad I ordered two. This shipping box looks like it's made out of paper mache.

Just realized that only PS3 got a proper steelbook .
Xbox 360 got a stickerbook which is basically a plain steelbook with a sticker on front & back. The edges are all still plain

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, you guys already got yours? My 360 copy shipped out over 2 weeks ago and still no sign of it...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Same here. No sign of snake

[quote name='Squall835']He's hiding in a box, you'll never find him.[/QUOTE]

Hahah I get what you mean ;)

Glad I didn't order. I didn't have a good feeling about the Zaavi one for some reason. Total fail on Zaavi to mess up the packaging for this one. I remember my Deus Ex guide coming in dented. Zaavi FTL

I've never received anything damageable undamaged from them. I've never gotten anything damageable in a padded envelope though that hasn't been hurt in some way, and this is out of hundred and hundreds of items and two different post offices :/ lol

[quote name='Zaku77']I've never received anything damageable undamaged from them. I've never gotten anything damageable in a padded envelope though that hasn't been hurt in some way, and this is out of hundred and hundreds of items and two different post offices :/ lol[/QUOTE]

after "hundreds" of damaged items you continue to order from them?

i ordered the pikimin wii games from them since we didn't get the new play or whatever for pikmin 2 here in the u.s. came minty fresh, but i'm glad i cancelled my order for this. the u.s. one is good enough to me.

Re-read my response. The first sentence pertains to zavvi. The second sentence broadens it to all damageable items sent in padded envelopes from anywhere.

Wow Zavvi really really delivered.
Flimsy outer box teared by sharp object also tearing apart the inside item's seal.

What do they do for defective item? Replacement or Discounts?

dx4Td.jpg

Sa7zz.jpg

Damn, I still haven't gotten mine... mine shipped out on the 27th. I'm guessing customs decided to hold this one. The last time customs held a package of mine, it took 36 days to arrive and was basically destroyed.

bread's done
Back