Metal Gear Solid HD Collection:(Zavvi Exclusive) 69.99 pounds

oy reminds me of that one Super Bowl commercial (IIRC) a few years back with these international deliveries on the back of a scooter getting dropped, lost and damaged.

[quote name='bob330i']oy reminds me of that one Super Bowl commercial (IIRC) a few years back with these international deliveries on the back of a scooter getting dropped, lost and damaged.[/QUOTE]

I remember that one! Heh.

Sorry Testaroo. I was going to order one, but seeing that makes me second guess. Was there any padding/peanuts/something behind the cardboard wrap?

[quote name='XtraN']I remember that one! Heh.

Sorry Testaroo. I was going to order one, but seeing that makes me second guess. Was there any padding/peanuts/something behind the cardboard wrap?[/QUOTE]

Basically a soft cardboard box that's about the same size as two MGS boxes laid side by side were used. Some paddings were there but those barely protected sides only and not the front and back of the MGS boxes. So damages all around the back and front.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, I still haven't gotten mine... mine shipped out on the 27th. I'm guessing customs decided to hold this one. The last time customs held a package of mine, it took 36 days to arrive and was basically destroyed.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, now I'm extra worried. I didn't think about customs. Mine was dispatched on the 31t and I've yet to receive it either.

[quote name='testaroo']What do they do for defective item? Replacement or Discounts?
[/QUOTE]

Their ToS says that damaged or defective items must be returned for refund. So it looks like you ship it back to them and they refund you after they verify that it's actually damaged. Then you'd have to take your chances on a re-order.

[quote name='scott_matthews']If you can manage to receive one in good condition, there's definite money to be made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Gear-Solid-Ultimate-HD-Collection-PS3-Steelbook-Limited-Edition-/200708297488?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2ebb259310#payId[/QUOTE]

God damn... that's like in mint condition.

I ordered one for the 360 and one for the PS3 but regret the 360 one. I doubt I can sell if for anything near that much, even if it's mint since people don't seem to care for this on the 360.

[quote name='Vinny']God damn... that's like in mint condition.

I ordered one for the 360 and one for the PS3 but regret the 360 one. I doubt I can sell if for anything near that much, even if it's mint since people don't seem to care for this on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the 360 would always be less in demand for this game but the fact that its a Stickerbook Steel on the 360 wiped out about all interest on that version unfortunately.

Mine arrived today. It was shipped from Sweden. The packaging was weird. A thin cardboard box that was placed in a giant blue vinyl bag which was tied at the top with twist ties. I figured it was going to be destroyed, but surprisingly it came in mint condition.

[quote name='ecwfan']Mine arrived today. It was shipped from Sweden. The packaging was weird. A thin cardboard box that was placed in a giant blue vinyl bag which was tied at the top with twist ties. I figured it was going to be destroyed, but surprisingly it came in mint condition.[/QUOTE]

same exact situation for me. guess we got lucky

[quote name='evophile']Yeah the 360 would always be less in demand for this game but the fact that its a Stickerbook Steel on the 360 wiped out about all interest on that version unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, seriously? I didn't even know that... more proof that this is probably shady-ness on Konami's part I guess.

Got my first copy in yesterday. Box has some signs of rubbing/wear beneath the plastic wrap in one corner, other than that. It's OK.

Disappointed that they didn't buffer it inside another box to minimize any damage. Never had any issues with Zavvi previously. I am disappoint this time.

[quote name='Vinny']Oh wow, seriously? I didn't even know that... more proof that this is probably shady-ness on Konami's part I guess.[/QUOTE]
well also the fact ps3 is region free while the xbox isn't

[quote name='GUNNM']well also the fact ps3 is region free while the xbox isn't[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that all PS3 games are region free compared to only a handful of 360 games (and that this game isn't region free). I still figured there would be some demand for the 360 version since it's supposedly much more limited than the PS3 version.

Still nothing for me. Great. I used to buy things from Europe wihtout worry but ever since the USPS lost my copy BBS, I've been a nervous wreck.

You'll get your money back if it's lost, and then you can just order another one. It's a bit of a hassle, but it'll still get sorted in the end.

Holy f-. Mine arrived today.

2 copies shipped from Belgium.

Stamped with "RECEIVED OPENED" and "RECEIVED IN DAMAGED CONDITION" on the customs sheet. USPS tape carelessly wrapped around it like a ghetto Christmas tree.

I'm very afraid to open it.
Edit: Actually, I can see inside the box because it's torn open on all sides. At the very least, the corner of one copy is dented.

[quote name='Gamelore']

Stamped with "RECEIVED OPENED" and "RECEIVED IN DAMAGED CONDITION" on the customs sheet. USPS tape carelessly wrapped around it like a ghetto Christmas tree.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet that's bullshit. I bet customs are the ones responsible for the damage.

I'm really surprised my 2 copies haven't arrived yet. I'm gutted that the 360 one is a sticker book. I guess I'll open the PS3 one instead, since of my two US LEs I only opened the 360 one.

mine was dispatched on the 30th as well and im still waiting and keeping my fingers crossed it comes it near mint/decent condition

My FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition from Amazon.de arrived today. It shipped later than my MGS: HD LE (which still hasn't arrived).

Gamelore, I'd be afraid to open it too....

[quote name='SniperREX']I just got mine... damaged as I feared

I'll contact Zavvi in a bit[/QUOTE]

Let me know what they do for you. One of mine arrived mint and the other one was a little damaged. If they offer a discount or something I might have to contact them. If the only remedy is a return then I'd probably just skip it.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']My FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition from Amazon.de arrived today. It shipped later than my MGS: HD LE (which still hasn't arrived).

Gamelore, I'd be afraid to open it too....[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I wish I had known about Amazon.de since they're the only place that actually sent out international orders of the Crystal Editions. I got dicked over by HMV (stock shortage) and Game (they can't ship it because it's too heavy) but neither site bothered to notify me until months after I placed the orders (just days before the game's release).

[quote name='scott_matthews']Let me know what they do for you. One of mine arrived mint and the other one was a little damaged. If they offer a discount or something I might have to contact them. If the only remedy is a return then I'd probably just skip it.[/QUOTE]

They offered me a return. I need to email again and ask if they can still send in steel version. Stupid thing is after I sent them email with all the photos, they still waited 24 hours to respond with standard email asking for photos and descriptions. I sent again and after 24 hours they said I have to send it back in.

100%. I've ordered from them quite a few times. They don't use airsure, track and trace, international signed for, etc. It's all just small packets. No tracking at all. Sending something international with tracking is spendy. Most businesses (Zavvi/TheHut/HMV/365games/Shopto - for some things) just simply don't do it because the cost would be too high.

[quote name='anumeric']mine was dispatched on the 30th as well and im still waiting and keeping my fingers crossed it comes it near mint/decent condition[/QUOTE]

It will be likely damaged :cold:.
The packaging was pretty crappy. Just a weak cardboard box inside a large bag.

The box of the game was warped and slightly damaged in one corner. I would have might accepted it if it was just a cheap game, but I paid $110 for it :cold:

002-30.jpg

006-26.jpg

009-20.jpg

Seriously, you must be retarded to hope that anything will be safe inside such crappy packaging during a transoceanic trip :roll:

I'll probably won't buy from Zavvi in the future, unless they something exclusive like in the MGS HD case.

Is "Damaged packaging" the same as "faulty" for Zavvi's Return Policy? I'm slightly concerned because of this section in their Return Policy:

[quote name='zavvi']Every item returned to our returns centre is tested.

Any items found not to be faulty by our independent test centre will be returned to you and you will be liable for the postage. Costs of posting the return back to you will depend on the item and will be communicated with you after the testing process.

Please can you ensure that you check any DVD, CD or video game on a second machine and that you check any gadget and its instructions carefully before returning it. We will not refund postage for items found to be in good working order.

We are not responsible for incompatibilities caused by DVD players that have been modified to disable regional encoding.[/quote]

If anyone can post about a successful return / exchange due to damaged packaging, that would be extremely reassuring.

[quote name='SniperREX']It will be likely damaged :cold:.
The packaging was pretty crappy. Just a weak cardboard box inside a large bag.

The box of the game was warped and slightly damaged in one corner. I would have might accepted it if it was just a cheap game, but I paid $110 for it :cold:

002-30.jpg

006-26.jpg

009-20.jpg

Seriously, you must be retarded to hope that anything will be safe inside such crappy packaging during a transoceanic trip :roll:

I'll probably won't buy from Zavvi in the future, unless they something exclusive like in the MGS HD case.[/QUOTE]

Yours survived a hell of a lot better than mine. My box was completely torn apart and looked like it was repacked. I shouldve said that it was lost like others said but i didnt even think about that. Instead i posted on their Customer Service pacebook page and got a lousy £4.85 refunded. What a joke, i shoudlve just cancelled my order after they changed the LE.

Heres there facebook page, took them less than 12 hours to get back to me this way.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zavvi-Customer-Enquiries/185876631469129

Got both of mine... damaged beyond reason of course, like everyone else's.

[quote name='Zaku77']They can't. They don't send things with international tracking because it's expensive.[/QUOTE]

They can check registration forms and customs forms (even if a package isn't inspected, it dos go through customs). No, it's not delivery confirmation/tracking but you can best the post office will be knocking on your door because international packages do stand out from the normal domestic package and the USPS's word will supersede yours, not to mention potentially rising questions about mail fraud.

Rather than be dicks about it, contact Zavvi and let them know. Their CS is pretty decent IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol $55 to ship it back through Priority Mail (the cheapest option).

I hope for Zavvi that they have learned the lesson.

At least the CS seems good.

I found the Returns Policy. We have to pay for our postage, give them a proof of postage then they will refund the cost for shipping.
Return of replacement goods

If an item you ordered was found to be faulty and we replaced it, you have the right to cancel your order in respect of the replacement product within 7 working days starting on the day after you received the replacement item and receive a refund.
Cost of returning items

Please note that we can only refund the postage costs for returning an item where:

• we sent you the wrong item, or
  • the item is damaged or faulty; or
  • where you are returning a substitute or replacement item which you do not want to keep.
We will not refund postage for items found to be in good working order. Costs of posting the item back to you will depend on the item and will be communicated to you after the testing process has been completed.

[quote name='Donut2922']What must be really funny is anybody that sold their preorder at $300+ and receiving a jacked up box. That must have suck.[/QUOTE]

If you're selling it for $300 while its still for sale then you deserve that.:bouncy:

[quote name='Vinny']Got both of mine... damaged beyond reason of course, like everyone else's.

They can check registration forms and customs forms (even if a package isn't inspected, it dos go through customs). No, it's not delivery confirmation/tracking but you can best the post office will be knocking on your door because international packages do stand out from the normal domestic package and the USPS's word will supersede yours, not to mention potentially rising questions about mail fraud.

Rather than be dicks about it, contact Zavvi and let them know. Their CS is pretty decent IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I do it, not quite that big of a dick lol, but I have a buddy that makes a small fortune getting stuff from the UK and saying it didn't arrive. He's been doing it for over a year, and no post office or USPS worker has ever given two shits. The Customs from just means it came into the country. That isn't nearly enough to prove where it ended up and who received it.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm not saying I do it, not quite that big of a dick lol, but I have a buddy that makes a small fortune getting stuff from the UK and saying it didn't arrive. He's been doing it for over a year, and no post office or USPS worker has ever given two shits. The Customs from just means it came into the country. That isn't nearly enough to prove where it ended up and who received it.[/QUOTE]

Making flase claims with lost packages in the mail is a felony that's federal and its fraud. Smart friend.

You bascially just said my friend is a douche dead beat and steals and rips people off.

bread's done
Back