Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection

[quote name='Darklighter']So I'm playing MGS1 and I'm stuck on the cyborg ninja guy. Honestly, how the fuck are you supposed to beat this guy? I've spent nearly three fucking hours and do not see how it's possible. He always runs away and then uses that dash attack which takes half your health then runs away again. It's all but impossible to get a hit in.[/QUOTE]

Don't use guns.

I already know not to use guns. I can't get past the part where he goes invisible (and even getting there is difficult). And yes, I'm using thermal goggles to see him. I just can't get in close without getting my ass handed to me and if I wait for him he comes and kills me anyway. There must be some simple strategy I'm missing because I have played a lot of games and never had this much trouble with a boss.

It's been a while since I played this but I think you can bait him into doing one of his combos and then get your hits in when he whiffs it. Just sort of run circles in front of him as he's walking towards you, and don't get too far away because that's when he tends to do the running attack.

[quote name='Darklighter']I already know not to use guns. I can't get past the part where he goes invisible (and even getting there is difficult). And yes, I'm using thermal goggles to see him. I just can't get in close without getting my ass handed to me and if I wait for him he comes and kills me anyway. There must be some simple strategy I'm missing because I have played a lot of games and never had this much trouble with a boss.[/QUOTE]
I think in that part of the fight, you run up to him, and throw only one punch. This will cause him to start countering. You run out of the way of his counterattack, and attack from another angle. I think?

You got to hit him quickly after he disappears or he'll chase you down. Kind of a hind and seek moment. If you don't find him fast enough you'll get hurt.

bread's done
Back