Metroid Other M for $4.99 Shipped at Best Buy

As a huge Metroid fan, I loved this game. Didn't care for the cutscenes, but the hate this game received was a prime example of internet hyperbole.

For $5? No brainer. It's fairly short and very hard to put down, in typical Metroid fashion. Won't be on the backlog for long.

Thanks, OP! Snagged this plus a $14.99 Homefront and a $14.99 Dirt3 at BB in Little Rock, AR, 10am today (Black Friday)!!

I'm surprised to hear it isn't selling well in store. It's kind of rare to see a Nintendo published game for $4.99 let alone a game in a major franchise for them and you would think people would be grabbing them as gifts since people will buy anything if it is low enough. If it had been in the ad it mitt have sold better I guess

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm surprised to hear it isn't selling well in store. It's kind of rare to see a Nintendo published game for $4.99 let alone a game in a major franchise for them and you would think people would be grabbing them as gifts since people will buy anything if it is low enough. If it had been in the ad it mitt have sold better I guess[/QUOTE]

It's incredibly disappointing to see one of my favorite franchises take such a commercially damaging turn. A host of my friends work on Nintendo's U.S. advertising campaigns and "Other M" was no doubt one of the Big N's big pushes. I think it's fair to say that "Other M", while not an absolute financial disaster, has done more harm than good to the Metroid brand and has substantially underperformed saleswise.

Miyamoto once said he felt so hurt when he came across copies of Zelda's Spirit Tracks sitting in clearance bins. Zelda games also rarely sit around in such bins or drop in price (without Nintendo declaring it a Select or Player's Choice). I can only imagine how Nintendo must feel about Team Ninja's excursion on Metroid.

Thing is for all the flak this game gets, it's a very high-production, gameplay-solid Nintendo title. Yes, the story is meh and oftentimes wha(?) but it's still awesome to see AND HEAR a Nintendo title use voice-acting and CG at the level in Other M. There's over 2 hours of cutscenes in this "thang."

I got this for ~$20 and I felt it was a good game; it's definitely worth a spin at $5. Hey, if you dislike it, at least you've only lost a Lincoln; worth the sacrifice to try something so un-Nintendo. Come on, when is the next time Team Ninja and Nintendo will ever work together?

I consider Other M to be akin to the situation that happened with Namco's Star Fox Assault last generation. Decent title, above average gameplay execution, and markedly different or experimental. Unfortunately, Other M has split the faithful (sort of like what Superman Returns did), but it does more right than wrong and if you can get passed the mediocre voice-acting and needlessly drawn out dialogue, the game itself is fun!

[quote name='postaboy']Has anyone got their game yet? It seem my order is still in progress and I ordered it on 11/24 using PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I got mine a couple days ago via USPS. I used a giftcard.

[quote name='postaboy']Has anyone got their game yet? It seem my order is still in progress and I ordered it on 11/24 using PayPal.[/QUOTE]

Got mine 2 days ago, used CC. Ordered some games on 11/21 that still haven't arrived, but this game got to my door pretty speedily. Best Buy must have wanted it away from them as quickly as possible.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']I got mine. Paid via CC. It's the only item I ordered that's actually shipped.[/QUOTE]

Same here mine shipped, haven't received it yet. Still waiting on 4 or 5 orders.

I just recieved a e-mail the other day that my order shipped.

I bought three (three seperate orders),one for me and two for trading into Toysrus (10.98 tiv other there)

My copy has shipped but hasn't arrived yet. I ordered the Blu Ray for Bunraku at the same time and it came today. Should have it in the next few days I guess.

bread's done
Back