Metroid Prime 3 - Do Mother Brains' Have PMS? - 9.5 From IGN!

I hate to break it to you man, but after the first level, you retrieve your powers through alliteration-and-groaner-heavy gesture-based minigames like "Samba de Samus" and "Samus Says". But hey, Granny will love it!

Like I said, it's complicated with me and the Wii.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']As in Larry Laffer and the missing disks?[/quote]
"The Case of Missing Floppies" according to the box of Ultimate Pleasure Pack, yeah. It's the only game I could think of that didn't have 4 but did have 5. This "joke" is so painfully dorky that even I have to kinda pull back and say "damn, this is some nerdy shit." From prime numbers to 1980's video game references. It's okay, if I wanted to be "cool" I'd probably own a PS3 by now.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I hate to break it to you man, but after the first level, you retrieve your powers through alliteration-and-groaner-heavy gesture-based minigames like "Samba de Samus" and "Samus Says". But hey, Granny will love it!

Like I said, it's complicated with me and the Wii.[/quote]

Doesn't sound very complicated.

[quote name='seanr1221']This game is just the start of me possibly playing Wii more then any other system (combine with Mario and Smash Bros)[/QUOTE]
You're going to have less than 3 games for your other systems?

[quote name='Strell']Wow. 5 posts of whining.

I don't have enough cheese in my cavernous reserves for the lot of you.

I shall get this first day, for I have waited my entire life for an FPS wherein the control shall be like a lightgun, my steady aim at the ready, endeavored to take out dreaded space pirates with little remorse.

So I'm in.

(Don't take this too seriously. ... Jerks.)[/QUOTE]

Seriously, WTF. I didn't know so many people could dislike something as awesome as the Metroid Prime series.

Day 1 purchase here, provided I can somehow finish MPII before hand.

this is one of my most anticipated titles this year, aside from brawl of course, metroid prime was the game that hooked me into the series, zero mission and fusion were the line and sinker

Doesn't sound very complicated.

Of course you conveniently never mention the good things I have to say, many of them in this very thread. You instead make a point to announce that you take offense to a joke that's beyond absurd.

I can't fuckin' take Nintendo fanboys, I can't fuckin' take 'em, and I can't fuckin' take 'em. They/you are seriously militant enough to make terrorist cells reel a little. Good riddance. Oh...and you're a disservice to both halves of your user name here. My reading here now gets a little lighter.

P.S. Feel free to get the last word in here, (censored), but I won't be seeing it.

Does the proclimation, verbose or otherwise, of putting someone on your ignore list make people feel big? Just seems odd to me. And its something I see happen on here a lot.

[quote name='pete5883']You're going to have less than 3 games for your other systems?[/QUOTE]

No but those 3 are better then anything the other systems will have (IMO)

But then again, you're talking to a huge nintendo franchise nerd here.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Doesn't sound very complicated.

Of course you conveniently never mention the good things I have to say, many of them in this very thread. You instead make a point to announce that you take offense to a joke that's beyond absurd.

I can't fuckin' take Nintendo fanboys, I can't fuckin' take 'em, and I can't fuckin' take 'em. They/you are seriously militant enough to make terrorist cells reel a little. Good riddance. Oh...and you're a disservice to both halves of your user name here. My reading here now gets a little lighter.

P.S. Feel free to get the last word in here, (censored), but I won't be seeing it.[/quote]
INTERNETS

SERIOUS BUSINESS

Looks like Prime got booted back a week, unless its a typo in the Phantom Hourglass PR:

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass follows hot on the heels of another classic Nintendo franchise with amazing new controls. Metroid® Prime 3: Corruption, the third installment of the hit trilogy, launches with motion-sensitive controls exclusively on Wii™ on Aug. 27. For more information about these games, visit www.Nintendo.com.

I have a feeling a week delay on MP3 isn't the only delay we'll have this year. Oh well, gives everyone an extra week to enjoy Mario Strikers, which is VERY fun.

Can anyone point out what was so offensive about what I said? I just didn't think that his joke was too complicated.

I am a Nintendo fanboy, though, that much I'll wholeheartedly agree with. I prefer not to troll the PS3 and the 360 forums, because I know fuck all about those systems, and have nothing good nor bad to say about them, apart from *yawn* the good old price argument.

[quote name='dallow']I'll just go ahead and say it.

I'm not even going to rent this game.[/QUOTE]

Why would you post in this thread if you have no interest in playing the game? You don't even explain why you're not going to play it, so it's hard to find any purpose to your post.

[quote name='dallow']I'll just go ahead and say it.

I'm not even going to rent this game.[/quote]

What was the point of going ahead and saying it? If you have no interest in the game, then just don't post in the thread man.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I have a feeling a week delay on MP3 isn't the only delay we'll have this year. Oh well, gives everyone an extra week to enjoy Mario Strikers, which is VERY fun.[/QUOTE]

Actually will give everyone one week to devour Bioshock first. :)

[quote name='The Crotch']It's Jollydwarf. Buddy beat out fundamentalist Christianity for "Biggest Persecution Complex '03-'04".[/quote]
Ouch. Shit, The Crotch, I don't even wanna get on your fucking bad side. I'll let Strell enlighten us what "the bad side of the crotch" would be, since I'm certain he threatened to do awful things to mine.

[quote name='Corvin']Actually will give everyone one week to devour Bioshock first. :)[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, too. Between Bioshock, MP3, and Halo 3, it's going to be a very FPS-centric month for me.

And for those of us not interested in Bioshock there is Blue Dragon (which is now the very same day as MP3) in August as well ;).

[quote name='io']And for those of us not interested in Bioshock there is Blue Dragon (which is now the very same day as MP3) in August as well ;).[/QUOTE]

Whu ... ? Huh ... ? Not ... interested ... in ... Bioshock? Does not compute. What are you a communist or something? I bet you drink Pepsi over Coke, too.

[quote name='trq']Whu ... ? Huh ... ? Not ... interested ... in ... Bioshock? Does not compute. What are you a communist or something? I bet you drink Pepsi over Coke, too.[/quote] Pepsi is delicious... Hey, the one week delay puts the release just after my first exam in the fall, instead of just before. Yesssssssssssss.

Theres just too many good games coming out this Fall/Winter, and Metroid, Blue Dragon and Bioshock doesn't help the situation either especially coming out in August. Then of course Halo 3 and the new Phoenix Wright start off September lovely, and I gota grab my dose of hockey every year.

So theres not going to be online at all?

[quote name='trq']Whu ... ? Huh ... ? Not ... interested ... in ... Bioshock? Does not compute. What are you a communist or something? I bet you drink Pepsi over Coke, too.[/QUOTE]

Get ready for this...

No interest in Halo either ;).

And I'm addicted to Coke (if only you could see my Coke Rewards points balance :lol:), so there goes that theory.

Meh, I watched the videos for Bioshock and was mildly interested, but definitely not $60 interested. I'll pick it up in a year or so when I can get it for $20 or less. I'm also only mildly interested in Mass Effect but I may get that upon release if it gets stellar reviews. The only 360 games this year I am getting for SURE on release are Blue Dragon and Beautiful Katamari. Contrast that to the Wii where I'm getting Strikers, Metroid, SSBB, Mario Galaxy for sure, and probably Batallion Wars and a few others if they turn out good.

[quote name='io']And for those of us not interested in Bioshock there is Blue Dragon (which is now the very same day as MP3) in August as well ;).[/quote]
Oh man, forgot Blue Dragon was releasing that day. Well, I'll hold off on MP3 then.

[quote name='Foolman']Oh man, forgot Blue Dragon was releasing that day. Well, I'll hold off on MP3 then.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely getting both. They'll be a nice compliment to each other - one a first-person shooting/adventure game, the other a turn-based JRPG. I think I can play them concurrently ;).

[quote name='io']Get ready for this...

No interest in Halo either ;).

And I'm addicted to Coke (if only you could see my Coke Rewards points balance :lol:), so there goes that theory.

Meh, I watched the videos for Bioshock and was mildly interested, but definitely not $60 interested. I'll pick it up in a year or so when I can get it for $20 or less. I'm also only mildly interested in Mass Effect but I may get that upon release if it gets stellar reviews. The only 360 games this year I am getting for SURE on release are Blue Dragon and Beautiful Katamari. Contrast that to the Wii where I'm getting Strikers, Metroid, SSBB, Mario Galaxy for sure, and probably Batallion Wars and a few others if they turn out good.[/QUOTE]

You know, weirdly, I can understand Halo not being some folk's cup of tea. Maybe you're used to PC shooters, or you can't stand all the twelve year olds, or 3 doesn't seem like that much of a departure from 2 or whatever. That I get. But Bioshock ... well, it's like someone with a Wii telling me they're not getting Corruption or Galaxy or Twilight Princess. My brain just feebly twitches and asks itself, "But then ... what is console for?"

I don't know: maybe it's because Irrational puts out such consistently solid product that I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the better games of the year. I could be wrong, I admit. But I prefer to just chalk it up to "Only Pinkos Who Hate Fun Don't Want Bioshock."

[quote name='trq']You know, weirdly, I can understand Halo not being some folk's cup of tea. Maybe you're used to PC shooters, or you can't stand all the twelve year olds, or 3 doesn't seem like that much of a departure from 2 or whatever. That I get. But Bioshock ... well, it's like someone with a Wii telling me they're not getting Corruption or Galaxy or Twilight Princess. My brain just feebly twitches and asks itself, "But then ... what is console for?"

I don't know: maybe it's because Irrational puts out such consistently solid product that I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the better games of the year. I could be wrong, I admit. But I prefer to just chalk it up to "Only Pinkos Who Hate Fun Don't Want Bioshock."[/quote]
Why are you making a big deal of somebody not caring about a game? I couldn't care less about Bioshock, as it's just not my kind of game. But hey, if it's your kind of game, enjoy it. It seems like you're acting like the outraged cool kid who can't understand why the uncool kids don't care about not being cool. Guess what? Not getting Smash Brothers either. ;)

That sucks about the delay, I'll still be getting it regardless. Now it's just another week to enjoy Strikers Charged.

[quote name='The Crotch']Congratulations - you have ended SteveMcQ's domination of my signature. No more will people have to know about his child abuse![/QUOTE]

I'm, uh, honored... maybe?? :whistle2:k

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why are you making a big deal of somebody not caring about a game? I couldn't care less about Bioshock, as it's just not my kind of game. But hey, if it's your kind of game, enjoy it. It seems like you're acting like the outraged cool kid who can't understand why the uncool kids don't care about not being cool. Guess what? Not getting Smash Brothers either. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I made it clear that while my surprise at the lack of interest in the game was genuine, my "Anyone who doesn't buy this game is a communist" theory was firmly tongue in cheek. The only outrage here is feigned, I assure you.

[quote name='trq']I think I made it clear that while my surprise at the lack of interest in the game was genuine, my "Anyone who doesn't buy this game is a communist" theory was firmly tongue in cheek. The only outrage here is feigned, I assure you.[/quote]
You'd like us to believe that, wouldn't you? ;)

[quote name='trq']You know, weirdly, I can understand Halo not being some folk's cup of tea. Maybe you're used to PC shooters, or you can't stand all the twelve year olds, or 3 doesn't seem like that much of a departure from 2 or whatever. That I get. But Bioshock ... well, it's like someone with a Wii telling me they're not getting Corruption or Galaxy or Twilight Princess. My brain just feebly twitches and asks itself, "But then ... what is console for?"

I don't know: maybe it's because Irrational puts out such consistently solid product that I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the better games of the year. I could be wrong, I admit. But I prefer to just chalk it up to "Only Pinkos Who Hate Fun Don't Want Bioshock."[/quote]So I shouldn't tell you I'm waiting for Corruption to hit the bargain bin?

Chances are I won't end up waiting that long, maybe till I can get it for $30 or so. Though I really should give the first and second game another shot. Just could not get used to the aiming, which shouldn't be a problem with this one, given the FPS controls.

So apparently Metroid isn't going to have online? Is anyone letdown? I'm not. Strell pretty much had it figured out on page 6 that it wouldn't be happening.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You'd like us to believe that, wouldn't you? ;)[/QUOTE]

Of course I would. You Stalinists are so gullib ... er ... I mean ...

[quote name='botticus']So I shouldn't tell you I'm waiting for Corruption to hit the bargain bin?[/QUOTE]

*head asplodes*

You make Baby Mario cry.

I'm not interested in Bioshock either. Shock2 was a decade ago. Cred has a shelf life, especially when you are making your Bioshock based heavily on Ayn Rand's philosophies.

I think when you attach Ayn Rand to anything, it greatly diminishes my interest.

There could be sexual maneuvers named after her, complete with frosting, sprinkles, and donkeys, and I still think I'd pass.

Hell, I still don't even know what objectivism is. My eyes gloss over whenever I read CLIFF NOTES of that kind of junk.

EDIT: But I believe I shall make "The Crotch" cry by saying that the modern political left is definitely objectivist in nature.

Objectivism is simple - do what you think is right for yourself and not for others, and you more or less can't be wrong.

According to her, Hitler was doing exactly what he was supposed to do. All of his followers were the ones in the wrong.

A rather interesting way to look at it, sure. And I'm awaiting some philosophy dork to come in here and claim I'm totally off.

The ego is important, but it's not worth centering your life around.

Also it is the worst possible ending for a book called Anthem. Wow you found the word "Ego." You aren't special. Go back to your forced mating you whiner.

Haha.
Don't worry, I don't agree fully with her, but I like her ideas. (they remind me of DMK)
And those are some great novels she put out.

[quote name='Chacrana']Looks very stylish. I also like that it's widescreen.[/QUOTE]

After playing Mario Party 8, MP3 better fucking have widescreen or there will be hell to pay at nearby NOA...

OK, just had to get this thread back ON TOPIC. Though I am curious about the connection between Bioshock and Ayn Rand. This is news to me.

And Botticus, you WILL buy Metroid Prime 3 (does best Jedi mind trick hand wave impression).

[quote name='io']After playing Mario Party 8, MP3 better fucking have widescreen or there will be hell to pay at nearby NOA...

OK, just had to get this thread back ON TOPIC. Though I am curious about the connection between Bioshock and Ayn Rand. This is news to me.[/QUOTE]

From this article:

But he's still determined to get the ideas across. "Even as we live in a country divided, I feel that most of us are sort of in the middle. And I think there are some really interesting themes to play on there." The most prominent character in BioShock -- Andrew Ryan, Rapture's founder -- is an embodiment of a self-centered, free-will political ideology called Objectivism. Objectivism is the brainchild of 1960s author Ayn (rhymes with mine) Rand. She defined it thus: "Man as a Heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity and reason his only absolute." Put more simply, an Objectivist says "the world is what it is, my place in it is important, the only way to know anything is to use your own head, and the best political system is one that leaves me the hell alone. "Andrew Ryan is Ayn Rand meets Howard Hughes," explains Levine.

The initial plot of BioShock -- the founding of this utopia -- mirrors the plot (albeit through a glass darkly) of Rand's 1960's epic book "Atlas Shrugged." In "Atlas Shrugged" the worlds elite -- the "atlases" -- stage a minor rebellion and remove themselves to a better place: a valley where they can be free of the eye and hand of the world's governments and those who would leech off their talents. While the rhetoric of Rapture's founder, Andrew Ryan (an anagram of Ayn Rand with an extra "rew" thrown in for obfuscation) sounds like a Randian polemic, his nemesis is ambiguously named "Atlas." To figure out which one is really the good guy or the bad guy, we'll all have to play the game.

BioShock's story -- for those who wish to stop blowing things up to delve into it -- is about translating this Objectivist ideology into the real world. "One of the things that's very appealing about Rand to me, and about Rapture, is at least in the beginning they're driven by reason." Indeed, this is what attracts most people to Objectivism: it's based on rationality above all else. By both highlighting and skewering Objectivism, Levine's on the warpath against zealots. "I'm trying to write about what happens when real people try to do things," he explains. "The characters in Ayn Rand's books are paragons." But paragons aren't real people, and Levine has written his characters to be as real as possible. They may be drawn in broad strokes, but they're human. "Real people aren't perfect. That's the problem with ideologies. Real people carry out ideologies. So even the best of intentions gets screwed up."

bread's done
Back